Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2425 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2421, THE MEME MEN wrote:Nero can you explain the development of your read of Koki from to ?

-rh
I had no read on Kolchi and I was sheeping Maria to see where things went. I legit started scum reading him b/c I felt like
In post 1854, Kokichi Oma wrote:Why is everyone so scummy
and the lead up to that was scum flail.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2424, THE MEME MEN wrote:it's also just a little bit surprising that nero broke 300 posts as scum in this game when he's usually a bit less powerscummy

-rh
maybe 'cause I'm not scum *gasp*
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Post by THE MEME MEN »

wisdom

Hard busses mylo (ofc), softpushes maria (actually surprised so little wisdom/maria interaction here) -- viewtopic.php?t=76865&f=3&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... er_sort=Go

hard busses chickadee, townreads randomidget (both buddies): viewtopic.php?t=76341&f=3&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... er_sort=Go

So Wisdom as GF hard bussing Gamma wouldn't be like shocking here I guess, this isn't really dramatically outside his range for scum.

idk Maria I think you know Wisdom better than me personally, you've been scum with him, why should I townread Wisdom?

-rh
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

yeah, it's prob Wisdom. Too bad I'm getting lynched.

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by Wisdom »

and this is why we dont overthink in lylo
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by THE MEME MEN »

I just want to understand his strategy. Why did he decide to push on the Innocent Child while his buddy was getting lynched? He had to know Koki was IC for the kill to make sense, so that means he knew Koki was IC when he was voting Koki on the day Gamma was lynched. Conversely, if you were GF looking at a scenario where you knew there was an IC and a rolecop, you might have wanted to maximize towncred. I'm not saying that's what happened, I'm just saying you could plausibly be scum so I think it might be worthwhile to no lynch, have you leashed to me, and let Nero shoot Maria so we can gamble on there being a good prophecy. Maybe there won't be but you need my vote either way and I don't know why we'd want *less* information in deciding the game...

tbh I still probably lynch Nero, so if he's scum I'd prefer he self-hammers, since if my result tonight is just Maria's role and she dies, then I probably end up lynching him anyway. I have enough doubt to want to no lynch and see a prophecy, but not enough that without a prophecy I don't probably lynch Nero. But I do still have questions about how his play makes sense from a scum POV.

-rh
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:42 pm

Post by Wisdom »

from what you're saying im like 90% sure youll end up lynching me without maria around
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Like he was so obviously a gamma buddy all game yet you get stuck on who busses more and who reacts to a rolecop you dont even know happened
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by THE MEME MEN »

If
a) Maria can give a solid explanation for why you're town based on her experience
b) you can explain why Nero killed Koki over you

I will consider hammering

-rh
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:03 pm

Post by Wisdom »

because i was stuck protecting a cop who was no harm to him
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:04 pm

Post by Wisdom »

also
Im not protecting you if you force nl.
Either nero kills you and i and maria lynch him or he kills me meaning hes confscum. Protecting you only means youll end up derping.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by Wisdom »

So basically either hammer or die and let us end the game
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:09 pm

Post by THE MEME MEN »

Right, but we have to say you will be leashed to me so that when he tries to kill Maria he kills you instead and we win.

So you have to agree to be leashed to me so that he kills you by mistake.

-rh
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:10 pm

Post by Wisdom »

theres no leash
Im protecting maria if theres a nl
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:15 pm

Post by THE MEME MEN »

Why should I correctly townread you? What separates your scum game from your town game?

-rh
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:17 pm

Post by Wisdom »

rh you better not be someone whos played with me before
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Why do you even want to lynch me, RH?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Why does Wisdom go from "I doubt there's a GF in the game"
In post 2289, Wisdom wrote:The third option is jeanne went bastard and threw in a gf to deal with the op town

but id like to think thats not a thing

"oh nm, there is one."
In post 2303, Wisdom wrote:VOTE: nero

feels damn good to be right

THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by THE MEME MEN »

is weird after the rolecop flip and the tone of your self-vote in seemed kinda at odds with baiting a nk as hider

Also I've seen games where you've been in weird situations as town and you didn't seem to lose it quite as much as you are here

-rh
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean my "slip" that I'm being voted for wasn't even a slip.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

804 has nothing to do with baiting a nk.

THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2446 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:39 pm

Post by THE MEME MEN »

OK what's going on in 804 then?

I guess my concern is:
In post 1645, Nero Cain wrote:Hi there, I'm a vanilla townie. Yes, you read that right. At the beginning of d2 I legit believed that Tchill was scum. By the middle of the day I had come to the conclusion that Tchill was a toxic sludge ball and needed to go regardless of his alignment though I still believed that he was scum. I had no clue he was doing a gambit. Maybe in hindsight, I should have realized that actual scum wouldn't have been so wishy-washy and open to criticism. Or maybe he was just playing poorly and the "I WUZ GAMBITING!" was just an excuse, who cares though right?

By this point, I had become so fed up with tchill that I considered replacing out but the game already suffered from so many replace out/flakes that I felt like doing so would have been unfair to town and Espy. So when Schill asked if I had a guilty on him I said yes since I was just tired of him, I was confident he was scum, and he
NEEDED
to go for town to have a chance. It was generally bad play from me and I realize that. I'm sure that I'll get blamed for a town loss and all but meh. I did, however, start to doubt that he was scum and was going to come clean with my "gambit" (hence the unvote) but then he (and Oath) started with this "he's stalling" shit and I was like "fuck that noise!

If ultimately you decide that the WIFOM that I present is to much to bear and I get lynched then fine, it's mostly my fault anyways but rushing my lynch and not spending time talking about other things (or at least hearing me out) only benefits scum. I guess the silver lining here is tchill is gone (thank god!) and you'll know my reads are genuine (assuming I get lynched).

I'm generally of the belief that Oath vs. Tchill was TvT and scum had no intention of resolving said distraction and sitting on the sidelines. I'm leaning
Krazy, Osuka, ofrhz.
this is town Nero in an awkward situation

seems pretty at odds with your play here and pretty tonally distinct, although I guess you do complain more than I kinda remember you complaining

like you coming under pressure in that game results in you going multiple paragraphs creating a narrative of the game from your point of view, whereas here you kinda just are rolling over which seems weird and at odds with how you play town

-rh
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2447 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2446, THE MEME MEN wrote:OK what's going on in 804 then?
I'm just frustrated. It's not all that uncommon and I've done it before as town b/c I lose my cool and get tired of being scum read for wank reasons.

How many times have you actually played with me?

THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2448 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:46 pm

Post by THE MEME MEN »

Just that once.

-rh
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2449 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Do you feel like using one game as my baseline is proper play?

Have you read any other games?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”