Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 4:56 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 2472, Nero Cain wrote:I'd really appreciate it if you'd read the game.

i am reading the game ftr. i missed like 2% ... where i skimmed like 2 pages and didn't realize sanges was screened. don't use that against me like it's something :mad:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 4:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2474, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 2472, Nero Cain wrote:So you don't think the TWL slot looks "super duper town", however, I am also scummy for thinking the same thing as you? :facepalm:

no sangres doesn't look super duper town
:facepalm: !

Fair enuff, I thought you were talking about TWL but thanks for responding to one thing to try to make me look bad.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 5:40 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

i wasn't trying to make you look bad.

i don't want you to be scum.

i plan on responding to the rest
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 6:18 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I'm drunk. And in Orlando ooooooooooooo....

So say we all!
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 6:53 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 2472, Nero Cain wrote:So you don't think the TWL slot looks "super duper town", however, I am also scummy for thinking the same thing as you? :facepalm:

In post 2471, Mantisdreamz wrote:like i said before i think i may be buying into mala's frustrations

This seems pretty nullish to me. I think fake frustration or being frustrated over something that there's not really a need to be frustrated over is scummy. True, Mala seems frustrated for no good reason all the time...like that last game we played, there was a player named Neil and according to his own words (in endgame) he had decided to intentionally play scummy to not get shot. Well during the course of the game I suspected Neil who was basically baiting me into thinking he was scum...so anyways, Mala just started throwing a fit and yelling at me b/c I didn't have the same inside information that she had but I would think that her being "frustrated" would carry over to her being scum or are you saying that when she is scum she doesn't show frustration? Like I haven't (and don't really have any intention to) metadive her and I don't remember playing with her as scum so please explain the differences between malatown and malascum.

I've said about 2 or 3 times that the reason that I originally found them scummy 'cause Mala tried to write off Brian's guilty as fake. I'd really appreciate it if you'd read the game.

What do you think about my recent responds?

ok. just read your entire response.

don't you feel bad talking like mala isn't here? was neil a town power role? was mala town that game, and showing frustration?

i ALSO questioned Brian's investigation though!! i mean... after the fact, i think.
because i was getting all paranoid, that scum might have come up with a master plan... knowing that ooba was going to flip scum anyways.

do you know what i mean?

what would you do in the case of scum, when you know that your scum mate ooba was going to show as guilty. would you perhaps try to do something and call him out, before toog did (to confirm it)..in order to look more town? or, just do nothing.

i actually don't know the difference btw malascum/malatown :/
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 7:16 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 2472, Nero Cain wrote:
I've said about 2 or 3 times that the reason that I originally found them scummy 'cause Mala tried to write off Brian's guilty as fake.

not to mention... why would that actually be scummy? if TWL was scum with ooba, why would they want to try and write off Brian's guilty as fake? if anything, TWL would sit back and let it happen, knowing that their scum partner is caught; rather then making any sort of scene.

hmm, Nero, hmm.

this seems like some weird reasons on your part. at least if scum, not thought out... or if town... the same...........

I'd really appreciate it if you'd read the game.

still don't like this post

What do you think about my recent responds?

which ones in particular? i will ISO again. because i think i'm starting to wonder about you more & more
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 7:20 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

ya. it doesn't make sense for you to have a scum read on mala/gm for that.
ValiliaRei
ValiliaRei
Goon
ValiliaRei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 8:31 pm

Post by ValiliaRei »

V/LA until Tuesday.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 10:59 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2359, sangres wrote:IIRC there's one vote on SnowStorm. Ours.

Your disagreement re SnowStorm keeps reminding of your disagreement with me in the Advance Wars game about ABR. I think it was because you thought it was scummy of me in that game too.

I'm obviously not following the thread that well. It's mostly because I was expecting to either get NK'ed or have a prime suspect for a lynch. It's still a pretty poor excuse, but that's mostly why I'm so out of it right now. I've also been thinking about why only one person visited Toogeloo, and the only explanation I can come up with is that scum may have targeted me. Boo was going to return a no guilty result, so they probably thought Toog wasn't a very high priority.

I derailed the Albert wagon that game because I thought he could have been town. My read on you was unrelated to that wagon. If I remember correctly, we still lynched scum that day and I apologized to you for not listening to you afterwards. If I'm doing anything that would prevent a Snowstorm wagon, it's unintentional. I was just trying to state that I'm not convinced by anything that's been presented to me, but if you have anything else that concerns you about him, I'm open to discussing it with you.

One thing I want to ask you is why you've been maintaining a townread [well, it could be a 'maybe townread', I'm not sure because I can't remember what your stance on her is] on LLD. I don't think anything she's done in this game is particularly indicative of town and the TM3 game she had doesn't inspire me to think otherwise.

In post 2365, Nikanor wrote:I don't see how Mala claiming her identity changes peoples' reads on her, especially when a few of those people had already hunched it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My read of her has nothing to do with learning her identity and a lot to do with me just reading their posts (which I was skipping Day 2 because I didn't think I'd ever need to read them).

In post 2369, Bookitty wrote:Nikanor is suspect to me because of events surrounding the BROseidon claim and his own comments regarding playing "neutrally" (my wording, not his) in case he was the Sleeper. This didn't feel like a town thought process to me. Also, Nikanor didn't want to be screened and made it quite clear at that time.

I actually can't find the comment right now. :( But I was hoping for something more exciting. The only thing that leaps out to me based on what I can remember is that my role PM states an element of self doubt and I have human flavor. And I've been wondering if it's been selectively included in other people's role PM's.

As far as not wanting to be screened goes, Axe doesn't want to be screened either and he even made this strange "it's a death sentence for a VT" statement when it was pointed out.

In post 2369, Bookitty wrote:Mantisdreamz is continually behind the game but trying to post things that look relevant. This looks like trying to stay off the radar while contributing little or nothing. The most recent case occurred after your question,
when Mantis was still trying to determine who should be the screen.

I actually remember this and I'm pretty sure she's done it at least twice. I ignored it the first time because I thought she was just derping. I was also a little surprised to see her read drop on TWL after a little bit of suspicion went her way when the three of them walked into the game thinking they could all be town.

As far as not paying attention goes, I haven't been paying attention for a while and I'm mostly playing off of memory right now so Nexus doesn't have to replace me (I also really just don't want to have to reread 90+ pages right now).

Between the two, I'd prefer a wagon on Mantis over Nik because I think the latter is probably town.

In post 2378, THE WRONG WAGON wrote:Also VR is still a lame scan for all the same reasons as before.

I agree. But how do you feel about lynching her?

Also, like, screen discussion is kind of uninteresting right now because it's already been decided so I'd prefer if we just pretended it wasn't a mechanic for the rest of the day.

In post 2378, THE WRONG WAGON wrote:Axe leaning towner for

Why? What about that post makes you think he's likelier to be town than scum?

In post 2389, Porochaz wrote:Snowstorm seems scummy.

Reasons being?

In post 2391, Nikanor wrote:Just thought of this now: there probably is a Cylon ninja, but ooba performed the kill n1 because he would have the least chance of being RB'd on n1. The risk of him being tracked was moot because he had been inspected anyway. I believe that ValiliaRei stopped last night's nightkill by protecting Toogeloo.

I think this is something we'll have a better chance of knowing tonight. I still don't think they have anything like a full ninja because the scum team seems pretty strong based on what we've flipped so far.

In post 2447, sangres wrote:P, you asked us about Brian. We have some concerns. Will flesh them out tonight.

And here I thought I was a man of broken promises.

It's okay. I'm a difficult read, so I forgive you.

In post 2464, Nikanor wrote:d3: ValiliaRei (After she was practically cleared by Brian)

She could still be a sleeper.

Mantis seems town from her recent posts.

Vote: LLD
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 9:36 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 2478, AngryPidgeon wrote:I'm not drunk. And in Orlando ooooooooooooo....

So say we all!

Fixed for me.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Battlestar Galactica
Battlestar Galactica
Goon
Battlestar Galactica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 9:47 am

Post by Battlestar Galactica »

“You'll forgive me, Madam President, if I don't wish to be executed based solely on your gut feeling.” –
Gaius Baltar

VOTE COUNT 3.07

THE WRONG LYNCH (4)
- Nikanor, Nero Cain, Andrius, RIP
Lady Lambdadelta (5)
- Toogeloo, curiouskarmadog, Mantisdreamz, SnowStorm, Brian Skies
SnowStorm (3)
- sangres, Lady Lambdadelta, AngryPidgeon,
Nikanor (2)
- Bookitty, THE WRONG LYNCH
RIP (1)
- NotAnAxehole

Not voting (1)
- Porochaz,

SCREEN COUNT (CONFIRMED)

sangres (9-SCREENED)
- AngryPidgeon, Bookitty, NotAnAxehole, RIP, Nero Cain, Andrius, curiouskarmadog, Toogeloo, Porochaz
SnowStorm (1)
- Mantisdreamz

Not voting (7)
- sangres, THE WRONG LYNCH, ValiliaRei, Lady Lambdadelta, Brian Skies, SnowStorm, Nikanor

With 17 alive, it'll take 9 votes to lynch. You may no longer vote to screen as a target has been confirmed. ValiliaRei may not vote on the lynch Today.

Searching for an Andrius replacement.

Porochaz is v/la until the 30th May
AngryPidgeon is v/la until the 30th May
ValilaRei is v/la until the 26th May

Deadline: (expired on 2015-05-29 12:17:00)
Last edited by Battlestar Galactica on Tue May 26, 2015 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
All of this has happened before and all of it will happen again.

Nexus/CDB modding hydra. Battlestar Galactica Mafia is in Day 4.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 11:45 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 2413, ValiliaRei wrote:You're the one who isn't understanding my question - why is a policy lynch better than lynching someone you find scummy, no matter how slight?

Because there is a more than negligible chance he is scum. He's a lot of noise and so far has been full of crap. He would be better outwith the game than in it.

In post 2421, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 2420, AngryPidgeon wrote:If you don't like PLs then you don't like PLs. RIP is a PL because he is hard to understand and extremely frustrating. Plus, I don't see any compelling reasons to be townreading him right now.
Policy Lynches should be reserved for when it's clearly advantageous to do so and when no other reasonable lynch can be determined.

It's Day 3, and Policy Lynching viability shouldn't really exist at this point.

It shouldn't but because we haven't dealt with it has to be.

Im not against this, but at the same time (and to answer Brians question) Snowstorm is emerging to be one of the best two wagons. LLD and Snowstorm have not played well. LLD is getting better and Snow is getting worse. I expect more from LLD, which we are kinda getting, almost. Snowstorms last post swings it too him, the LLD vote with no other content in that post makes me happy to

vote Snowstorm

Time to step up a bit.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 2:32 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 2486, Porochaz wrote:
Im not against this, but at the same time (and to answer Brians question) Snowstorm is emerging to be one of the best two wagons. LLD and Snowstorm have not played well. LLD is getting better and Snow is getting worse. I expect more from LLD, which we are kinda getting, almost. Snowstorms last post swings it too him,
the LLD vote with no other content in that post
makes me happy to

vote Snowstorm

Time to step up a bit.

In my defense, she did it first. I confronted her with my opinion on her explanation on why she thought my day 1 voting patterns were suspicious and she replied with a vote. I was trying to get a read on her, while she didn't even care to answer me and defend her pov, nor did she bother to explain her vote either, which as far as I know is based on my day 1 votees "making sense from a scum perspective". And yet, you vote me saying she's playing better and I'm placing votes "with no other content"? Bullshit.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 3:17 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 2487, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 2486, Porochaz wrote:
Im not against this, but at the same time (and to answer Brians question) Snowstorm is emerging to be one of the best two wagons. LLD and Snowstorm have not played well. LLD is getting better and Snow is getting worse. I expect more from LLD, which we are kinda getting, almost. Snowstorms last post swings it too him,
the LLD vote with no other content in that post
makes me happy to

vote Snowstorm

Time to step up a bit.

In my defense, she did it first.
I confronted her with my opinion on her explanation on why she thought my day 1 voting patterns were suspicious and she replied with a vote. I was trying to get a read on her, while she didn't even care to answer me and defend her pov, nor did she bother to explain her vote either, which as far as I know is based on my day 1 votees "making sense from a scum perspective". And yet, you vote me saying she's playing better and I'm placing votes "with no other content"? Bullshit.

Kill this kill this kill this kill this.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 6:03 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Your NO U defence is scummy. If you want me to believe you are town, change the record.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 8:18 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2489, Porochaz wrote:Your NO U defence is scummy. If you want me to believe you are town, change the record.

Why is it okay for LLD to do something you think is scummy, but not Snowstorm?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 10:39 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 2490, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2489, Porochaz wrote:Your NO U defence is scummy. If you want me to believe you are town, change the record.

Show me where I've done what Prozac has described.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 10:41 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I was talking about his response to Snowstorm's "no you comment."
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 1:41 am

Post by Porochaz »

I've been pretty clear that I think LLD is scum this game as well (although the likelihood of them both being scum together is small) however I think in this instance she is correct and hasn't done what you are accusing her of.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 2:35 am

Post by SnowStorm »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

Here:
In post 2424, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 2400, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 2399, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

These three kind of exemplify what I'm talking about. For most of the early stages he sits on the Andrius wagon, which I'm certain he's content to do, he can claim to be applying pressure and not be totally lying.

The Toog vote isn't that awful in content, but in hindsight looks dreadful. With the so many people who are either dead or basically alignment confirmed on the 5 man Bro wagon, it's hard to see more scum being there at the moment. On the other hand, Snowstorm moving to Toog and creating a viable counterwagon works decently to give Bro a chance to work his way out.

When is becomes clear (after Prozac unvotes to avoid an early L-1) that Brosideon will be lynched today, Snow takes the chance to get on the wagon, make it L-1, and try and scoop some town cred without having to hammer.

It's not a perfect vote analysis, I mean it's one day, but the motivations of his votes make a lot of sense from a scum perspective.

You mean, the motivations you creatively assigned to my votes?

I voted Andrius because he was my strongest lead and I sat on his wagon until I was unhappy with it.

Toog wagon, you're aware you were on it, right? (Is that why you say it wasn't "that awful in content"?) Do you really think BRO had a chance? There wasn't much momentum to the Toog wagon, scum would be fooling themselves if they thought they could save BRO by pushing a Toog lynch.

I didn't vote BRO for imaginary town cred, I voted him because he was getting lynched, and to get a lynch, we need votes! (Funny, you were the hammer. Did you do it for town cred?)

Are you scum reading me?

Vote: Snowstorm

It's what Poro described, a post with a vote and no content.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 6:33 am

Post by sangres »

In post 2429, THE WRONG WAGON wrote:My townread on Mantis is slowly dying. Dying.

It's obv that she's not reading the game, but she's skimming and trying to look useful rather than actually being useful.

Not realizing the sangres' screen was locked bothered me.

I could potentially see her flipping scum.

Sangres is bothering me because neither Fery nor Nacho is trying to sort us out, which is awk af tbh.

~Mala

In post 2470, Mantisdreamz wrote:because even what TWL said, sangres hasn't really been trying to figure out their alignment.

i guess i'm still waiting for them to look super duper town. and it has not happened.

We'll be confirmed town tomorrow. It takes an edge off.

We've been all but nonexistant for the last few days, but what bothers you both is that we're not trying to sort one specific player.

@Mala
, nacho was townreading you once I told him who I thought WS was. So was I, and I was kinda relieved it was probably you hydraing with GM.

your reactions to Nero's push have gone further and further into over-the-top mode lately.

Do you think scum are being opportunistic about your wagon?
Battlestar Galactica
Battlestar Galactica
Goon
Battlestar Galactica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 8:59 am

Post by Battlestar Galactica »

elusive replaces Andrius, effectively immediately. Thank you!
All of this has happened before and all of it will happen again.

Nexus/CDB modding hydra. Battlestar Galactica Mafia is in Day 4.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 10:03 am

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 2494, SnowStorm wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

Here:

These three kind of exemplify what I'm talking about. For most of the early stages he sits on the Andrius wagon, which I'm certain he's content to do, he can claim to be applying pressure and not be totally lying.

The Toog vote isn't that awful in content, but in hindsight looks dreadful. With the so many people who are either dead or basically alignment confirmed on the 5 man Bro wagon, it's hard to see more scum being there at the moment. On the other hand, Snowstorm moving to Toog and creating a viable counterwagon works decently to give Bro a chance to work his way out.

When is becomes clear (after Prozac unvotes to avoid an early L-1) that Brosideon will be lynched today, Snow takes the chance to get on the wagon, make it L-1, and try and scoop some town cred without having to hammer.

It's not a perfect vote analysis, I mean it's one day, but the motivations of his votes make a lot of sense from a scum perspective.

I voted Andrius because he was my strongest lead and I sat on his wagon until I was unhappy with it.

Toog wagon, you're aware you were on it, right? (Is that why you say it wasn't "that awful in content"?) Do you really think BRO had a chance? There wasn't much momentum to the Toog wagon, scum would be fooling themselves if they thought they could save BRO by pushing a Toog lynch.

I didn't vote BRO for imaginary town cred, I voted him because he was getting lynched, and to get a lynch, we need votes! (Funny, you were the hammer. Did you do it for town cred?)

Are you scum reading me?

The content is in the spoiler. I didn't feel like it was particularly bad to put the vote there considering it's part of a chain of replies.
This team is ruining my life!
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 10:05 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 2494, SnowStorm wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

Here:

Are you scum reading me?

Nope. You OMGUS'ed her. And any response to her can be boiled down to "no u" which is not a defence.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 10:42 am

Post by SnowStorm »

So now it's because I OMGUS'ed?

Either way, you're just accusing me of "doing this" and "doing that" but you don't explain why it is scummy and you're ignoring whole context.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”