Shadow's terminally happy Newbie 1451 game over,mod exploded

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:53 am

Post by Shadowmod »

Vote Count

pirate mollie
(3/5): TierShift, Huntress, D_Cobbz

Huntress
(1/5): Malakittens
goodmorning
(1/5): emeraldemon

not voting
(4/9): Rothwell, Neater Plastic, pirate mollie, goodmorning

9 alive, 5 to lynch, 5 to no lynch
Day 1:
(expired on 2013-11-30 15:00:00)
Last edited by Shadowmod on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Modding History :Open 319: Jungle RepublicNewbie 1406: Krhyem on RhytehieaShadow's Delightfully Happy Newbie 1451 Mini 1635: Curse of the Werewolves
Current Games in Progress:
Mostly Flavoured Newbie 1692 NEWBIE 1693
Tag, Link and Length Restrictions on Signatures Are Annoying!
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:06 am

Post by emeraldemon »

I noticed that Malakittens was the mod for that game, but I guess in my mind she wasn't really "in the game", in the sense of posting/playing. Unlike goodmorning, who I now have perfect meta on and will be able to sort immediately :mrgreen:

spoiler about 1436 in case someone wants to read and be surprised

Spoiler:
Actually goodmorning got killed night 1 so I there wasn't much there of her.

Everyone knowing each other definitely made the game more intense and fun I think (except poor agi who was totally lost). The cabd-wisdom fighting was actually a little painful to read. I tried to follow along and predict who I thought was scum, I was rooting for Bert the whole game and I thought he had notsci pegged correctly on the last vote, when fferylt hammered and it was a loss it blew me away. She played the perfect paranoid town in that game I thought, I would not have lynched her. I also thought wisdom's last-minute turnaround of that lynch was very impressive, and the crazy cop-claim shenanigans with cabd and sakura added another level of wtf.

I've read a few other of the newbies since then, but this was still the most exciting one to read for me so far.
Neater Plastic
Neater Plastic
Townie
Neater Plastic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:42 am

Post by Neater Plastic »

"Mala" is Latin for "evil," so
VOTE: Malakittens
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:04 am

Post by goodmorning »

Curiouser and curiouser.

Vote: Tier

Call it a hunch.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:02 pm

Post by Huntress »

@ Mala: Why didn't you join our molliewagon?

@ emerald and NP: What do you think about the wagon on mollie?

GM has a point.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:15 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Because I can read Mollie without wagoning her. :P
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by TierShift »

In post 29, Huntress wrote: GM has a point.

May I ask what point that is?
Neater Plastic
Neater Plastic
Townie
Neater Plastic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:08 pm

Post by Neater Plastic »

In post 29, Huntress wrote:@ Mala: Why didn't you join our molliewagon?

I skimmed mollie's meta a bit, and it seems like it's normal for her to go for long periods of time without activity, so I don't think she looks suspicious. I don't really think she needs any more votes on her right now. Of course, I'm a newbie, so if there's any particular reason for that wagon existing I'd like to hear about it.
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:23 pm

Post by emeraldemon »

Thinking:

Rothwell: We know from the mod that rothwell confirmed role. Is it suspicious that there's no post after 2 days?

goodmorning: looking back, I like that goodmorning caught me not mentioning malakittens in 1436. Looking for hidden intent to my post, feels town. I don't really understand what she sees about tiershift, though.

tiershift: as above, I don't really see it. The vote on mollie seems random. Only two other comments, both silly.

huntress: At first I was thinking meant I was really missing something about tiershift. But now I'm starting to think huntress may just want to get a wagon rolling and doesn't really care which. But is that town? If she's really agreeing with goodmorning just to agree, that actually feels a bit scummy to me.

Not much to go on, but we have to start somewhere. Since goodmorning is the closest I have to a townread, it doesn't really make sense to leave my vote there. Maybe a vote will convince our lurker to come out of hiding.

VOTE: Rothwell
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Um. We don't actually know if he confirmed a role. He could have just did /confirm and didn't put alignment information.

I really just don't like your last post, however.

Also that's kinda a false interpretation of Mollie's meta. However once she starts posting I should be able to decently figure out her alignment. There's only been one game she threw me off recently but it's only because I have encountered scum her only twice
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Post by emeraldemon »

In post 16, Shadowmod wrote:
Day 1

So everything is just splendid! 7/9 people have bestowed me with the gift of confirmation and I am already overturning with anticipation of Mollie and Cobbz blessing me in just the same way. These are of course exceedingly neat news as they mean that the very nice and friendly day 1 does start just now which will allow you you to henceforth delight each other with one of your formidable votes to spread the happiness even further!
Players alive

D_Cobbz
TierShift
Rothwell
emeraldemon
Neater Plastic
pirate mollie
Malakittens
Huntress
goodmorning

Day 1:
(expired on 2013-11-30 15:00:00) remanining
In post 34, Malakittens wrote:Um. We don't actually know if he confirmed a role. He could have just did /confirm and didn't put alignment information.

I really just don't like your last post, however.

Also that's kinda a false interpretation of Mollie's meta. However once she starts posting I should be able to decently figure out her alignment. There's only been one game she threw me off recently but it's only because I have encountered scum her only twice
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:12 pm

Post by emeraldemon »

Dang, I was trying to get multi-quote to work and accidentally hit submit. Anyway shadowmod says basically "7/9 confirmed and waiting on mollie and cobbz". Am I misinterpreting this? To me it implied that everyone except those two had confirmed both parts.
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:17 pm

Post by emeraldemon »

I suppose it doesn't really matter. All I meant is that Rothwell seems to be around, which makes me wonder if he's following the thread but not posting for some reason.

Also it makes me sad that you don't like my post, I thought I was doing good and contributing.
Rothwell
Rothwell
Townie
Rothwell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:22 pm

Post by Rothwell »

In post 33, emeraldemon wrote:Maybe a vote will convince our lurker to come out of hiding.

It did!
In post 37, emeraldemon wrote:All I meant is that Rothwell seems to be around, which makes me wonder if he's following the thread but not posting for some reason.
I don't really have much to input, and I don't fancy random lynching as everyone seems to have done so have just observed.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:23 pm

Post by Malakittens »

When you try to multiquote. Hit the quotes you want then hit preview. You hit submit which posted the multiquote instead of giving you the option to type.

You're not misinterpreting this, but I might have read yours wrong. You looked to me like you were indirectly role fishing. As I said they probably confirmed , but never stated their alignment. Just when I hear role I thought maybe you were role faising that's all.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:25 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 38, Rothwell wrote:
In post 33, emeraldemon wrote:Maybe a vote will convince our lurker to come out of hiding.

It did!
In post 37, emeraldemon wrote:All I meant is that Rothwell seems to be around, which makes me wonder if he's following the thread but not posting for some reason.
I don't really have much to input, and I don't fancy random lynching as everyone seems to have done so have just observed.
You mean random voting? We are currently in RVS stage which brings up discussion and possible information in the long run. The faster we are out of it the better.

emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Post by emeraldemon »

In post 39, Malakittens wrote:When you try to multiquote. Hit the quotes you want then hit preview. You hit submit which posted the multiquote instead of giving you the option to type.

You're not misinterpreting this, but I might have read yours wrong. You looked to me like you were indirectly role fishing. As I said they probably confirmed , but never stated their alignment. Just when I hear role I thought maybe you were role faising that's all.
Oh I see, I think it was just mutual misunderstanding then. I didn't mean "role" like doctor/cop/tracker I just meant confirmed in general that he got the role pm.

@Rothwell: I'm glad you're here! I still think its better to post and talk and vote, even if it doesn't seem to have any direct point. From my newbish point-of-view, the best way to catch scum is to get them to slip up in posting, and that'll never happen unless we encourage everyone to post. If you're scum the easiest way for you not to make a mistake is not to say anything.

So my vote stays on you for now :)
Neater Plastic
Neater Plastic
Townie
Neater Plastic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:52 pm

Post by Neater Plastic »

Mala's reaction to emerald's post seems pretty town to me, so I'll take my vote off of her.
UNVOTE: Malakittens
Huntress doesn't seem
too
scummy to me, but she does seem the
most
scummy, and I think it best to keep my vote somewhere.
VOTE: Huntress
Reasoning: She seems to be wagoning without actually contributing anything. I don't think it means much this early on, but it's something.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:39 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 32, Neater Plastic wrote:
In post 29, Huntress wrote:@ Mala: Why didn't you join our molliewagon?

I skimmed mollie's meta a bit, and it seems like it's normal for her to go for long periods of time without activity, so I don't think she looks suspicious. I don't really think she needs any more votes on her right now. Of course, I'm a newbie, so if there's any particular reason for that wagon existing I'd like to hear about it.
not in the early bits. so huh

also I am on permanent v/la for weekends, told the mod, it should be noted.
whew!
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:33 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 31, TierShift wrote:May I ask what point that is?
Why did you point out that mollie hadn't confirmed in the manner requested but not mention that DC hadn't done so either? Not sure if this was what GM was thinking of but it was why I thought it worth tossing a vote in your direction. There was also a slight hint of buddying later on. Not much but more than I had on anyone else at that time.

NP's reply in post seems reasonable apart from playing the newbie card.

In post 33, emeraldemon wrote:huntress: At first I was thinking meant I was really missing something about tiershift. But now I'm starting to think huntress may just want to get a wagon rolling and doesn't really care which. But is that town? If she's really agreeing with goodmorning just to agree, that actually feels a bit scummy to me.
I was already on a perfectly good wagon. If I didn't really care which why would I change?

In post 42, Neater Plastic wrote:Reasoning: She seems to be wagoning without actually contributing anything. I don't think it means much this early on, but it's something.
How is asking questions not contributing?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:13 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 44, Huntress wrote:
In post 31, TierShift wrote:May I ask what point that is?
Why did you point out that mollie hadn't confirmed in the manner requested but not mention that DC hadn't done so either?
Well, I was talking about mollie specifically at that point, I suppose I could have also noted that there was someone else yet to confirm, but it wasn't
necessary
emeraldemon wrote:goodmorning: looking back, I like that goodmorning caught me not mentioning malakittens in 1436. Looking for hidden intent to my post, feels town. I don't really understand what she sees about tiershift, though.
I don't really follow the reasoning in this post. Why wouldn't scum look to this 'hidden intent', which obviously isn't even there? Is this a way to make goodmorning look townish while at the same time distancing yourself from her?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:13 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 31, TierShift wrote:
In post 29, Huntress wrote: GM has a point.

May I ask what point that is?
Why ask Huntress and not me?
In post 38, Rothwell wrote:
Here's a little advice: when a game's just started and I'm not familiar with any of the players, I sometimes look for things that seem odd somehow and point them out.

And the more eyes out, the better.

I have a few thoughts but I'm going to keep them under my hat for now.
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by Shadowmod »

Vote Count

pirate mollie
(2/5): TierShift,
Huntress
, D_Cobbz

Huntress
(2/5): Malakittens, Neater Plastic

goodmorning
(0/5):
emeraldemon

Malakittens
(0/5):
Neater Plastic

TierShift
(2/5): goodmorning, Huntress

Rothwell
(1/5): emeraldemon

not voting
(2/9): Rothwell, pirate mollie

Day 1:
(expired on 2013-11-30 15:00:00)
Last edited by Shadowmod on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Modding History :Open 319: Jungle RepublicNewbie 1406: Krhyem on RhytehieaShadow's Delightfully Happy Newbie 1451 Mini 1635: Curse of the Werewolves
Current Games in Progress:
Mostly Flavoured Newbie 1692 NEWBIE 1693
Tag, Link and Length Restrictions on Signatures Are Annoying!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:26 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

you know me gm
whew!
goodmorning
goodmorning