Game mechanic: Bomb

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:45 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

the silent speaker wrote:You'd probably have really liked Dr. Nick in Simpsons Mafia, then. But Locus Cosecant felt that rather than an opportunity for strategy, it was just a handicap. I'm still not afraid of putting a random factor into my games, but I learned that not everybody sees a role of 75% protect but 25% kill as a fun challenge.
Did he know the odds, and that the role was a 75% protect 25% kill role?

That kind of role could help the town, I guess, if he knew what he had, at least in some narrow situations (if I was 100% sure someone was scum, and there were no vigs around, I might as well target them and hope to get lucky and kill them, with no real risk. Or if I was 90% sure that person X was going to be targeted by the scum, I could target them and hope to protect them, with no real risk if I was right the scum would target that person and if the scum didn't know my role and try to WIFOM me).
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:23 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Did he know the odds, and that the role was a 75% protect 25% kill role?
Yes, and if the scum targeted his person he would never fail -- the 25% kill only kicked in if he tried to "cure" someone who didn't need it.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons

Return to “Mafia Discussion”