Newbie 1737 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:26 am

Post by Donempire »

oh wait nevermind it said 5 to lynch
but still its fine this way
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:42 am

Post by kuror0 »

In post 21, platinum_fleece wrote:
VOTE: kuror0

Starting a wagon early, now, are we?
Why not? and aren't you doing the same?
Too lazy to be scum.
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:42 am

Post by SkiddishRaddish »

@kuror0
I don't really see platinum_fleece's vote on you as starting a wagon when he implies that you have an ulterior motive for voting third, whereas there seems to be little evidence for a third vote on Oacenth (as far as I can see, all she's done was to say to not expect much text from her when scumhunting and waiting to see what other people will say which is behavior I find more mafia-aligned than not), yet you're claiming that it's a victory wagon? It's not equivalent.

@nmego12345
I find your answer to Galagya's question a nonanswer. I know they were long ago and a short time period of play, but they only descriptor you give is that you were active, which is to be expected of a mafia game that's only 30 minutes long. Can you give us something more? Picture your style as a detective if you can't think of anything.

@galagya
I guess you just saw some of it right there. I don't know how active I will be posting in this game (busy semester that just started), so I when I read through I keep a close eye for scummy motives and post when I want to share my findings or want clarification. I guess you can probably expect text walls from me, ha.
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:43 am

Post by SkiddishRaddish »

Oh, also, how you quote from multiple posts/people?
platinum_fleece
platinum_fleece
Townie
platinum_fleece
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:27 am

Post by platinum_fleece »

In post 26, kuror0 wrote:

My vote on you was because you implied that it's a victory wagon. I didn't vote you for the sake of starting a wagon.

Out of curiosity, why do you assume it's a good wagon?
LmkGuy
LmkGuy
Goon
LmkGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by LmkGuy »

In post 28, SkiddishRaddish wrote:Oh, also, how you quote from multiple posts/people?
Click the multiquote button and then hit preview. I prefer to just quote and respond to posts individually as it makes it seem less of a wall of text, but thats just my preference.
LmkGuy
LmkGuy
Goon
LmkGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by LmkGuy »

In post 14, Galagya wrote:So everyone but platinum has a RV set, & that hasn't done anything yet. HMM. Wow, first days really are slow.

Wondering if platinum_fleece is just busy or gonna be replaced out. Of course, I'm just impatient & eager, so.

So we have RV going on, but I think discounting RQ completely(while understandably a go-to for some) may not be the ideal approach, either, so long as the questions aren't too vague/unrelated & can be ultimately used to help get the job done. That being said, here's a question for anyone curious, & I'll answer as well if people think it's worth the time: How would you describe your own personality/default disposition, & what we should expect from you in terms of your content(scumhunting or otherwise)?
VOTE: Galagya

Feel like this post is you setting yourself up to defend yourself based on 'meta' and find ways to start a wagon on other people later on.

Could just be you trying to drum up discussion too which is good, so consider this more of a RV than anything.

My answer to your question will be seen as this thread develops.
LmkGuy
LmkGuy
Goon
LmkGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by LmkGuy »

In post 16, Oacenth wrote:@ Galagya:
In regards to your question, I guess when it comes to scumhunting, don't expect many walls of text from me. I am more of the type of person that would rather wait and see what other people have to say before I say anything. I mainly think that is due to the fact this is only my second Mafia game and in my first game I was killed off pretty soon so I'm still getting used to playing mafia and the terms people use and such.
In regards to my personality I'm not that confident, so I usually don't feel very comfortable pointing out things all the time and I'm not always sure on myself due to this. But I'm trying to learn so please bare with me!

But I would like to hear what other people answer this question with!
'I just ask clarifying questions and jump on wagons' said every scum ever :wink:
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by kuror0 »

In post 29, platinum_fleece wrote: My vote on you was because you implied that it's a victory wagon. I didn't vote you for the sake of starting a wagon.

Because it had 2 votes already. Also if you didn't vote for me to make a wagon why you did that? it was a genuine vote cuz you find me scummy or what?
Too lazy to be scum.
platinum_fleece
platinum_fleece
Townie
platinum_fleece
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:21 pm

In post 33, kuror0 wrote:
In post 29, platinum_fleece wrote: My vote on you was because you implied that it's a victory wagon. I didn't vote you for the sake of starting a wagon.

Because it had 2 votes already. Also if you didn't vote for me to make a wagon why you did that? it was a genuine vote cuz you find me scummy or what?
Partly to start discussion and partly to start asking questions. Seemed like a good point of questioning as any since we are still early in the day, no?
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by kuror0 »

easiest way to proc discussion is to make an early waggon i guess. I couldn't think for anything else so i went for it. you didn't answer my question. if you didn't vote for me to make a wagon was it because you find me scummy o what?
Too lazy to be scum.
platinum_fleece
platinum_fleece
Townie
platinum_fleece
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:34 pm

I did answer your question.

I voted for you both because I wanted to get discussion going, and there's really no other person I can justify putting my vote on at this time.

Call it semi-RVS. I don't have enough info on you to call you scummy, but implying to start a wagon was a good questioning point in my opinion.
Galagya
Galagya
Townie
Galagya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by Galagya »

In post 31, LmkGuy wrote: VOTE: Galagya

Feel like this post is you setting yourself up to defend yourself based on 'meta' and find ways to start a wagon on other people later on.

Could just be you trying to drum up discussion too which is good, so consider this more of a RV than anything.

While I can understand that, I thought that instead the opposite would be clear without my having to say it: it gives the opportunity to compare answers with meta to begin with, and later to see how up-front a person was about things. I indeed will check out these things, but it's to scumhunt, rather than protect myself. Basically you're saying, "you're trying to set people up for slip-ups/get this info from people so you can bring it up again later", & you are right about that. But you're wrong about the why. If I bring it up, it will be to deliberately catch someone being wishy-washy, untrustworthy, and so on, in a way hat hurts town. I figure that'd be a good way to start conversation, and I see no reason to hide my actions.

Time will tell, and that's the only way I can prove it to you. Until then, I'll let you believe what you want & say no more unless pushed, because well... there's really no way to prove my intentions for now either way.

Also, icon'd up. Hope that helps, kuror0!
Galagya
Galagya
Townie
Galagya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:24 pm

Post by Galagya »

Oh by the way, I know edits are like WHOA bad for obvious reasons. But what about editing for typos? I'm not sure how the modding works on these forums but yeah, figured I'd ask in case it's a possibility(I know on other forums mods can see edits made/original vs updated content and so on, so... who knows, it's worth asking(also yeah I know game mod does not = forum mod, but for all I know there's a system in place here? shrug)).
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:07 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 14, Galagya wrote:So everyone but platinum has a RV set,
I don't.
Wow, first days really are slow.
We have two weeks, so yes!
So we have RV going on, but I think discounting RQ completely(while understandably a go-to for some) may not be the ideal approach, either, so long as the questions aren't too vague/unrelated & can be ultimately used to help get the job done. That being said, here's a question for anyone curious, & I'll answer as well if people think it's worth the time: How would you describe your own personality/default disposition, & what we should expect from you in terms of your content(scumhunting or otherwise)?
Personality: I try to be very patient/nice in Newbie games. I make jokes whenever I can. I'm frequently distractable. I don't often beat around the bush.
Content: Expect me to be a little reticent early D1. I usually post single long quote-striped posts rather than multiple shorter ones. I won't necessarily ask a lot of questions, though it's within the realm of possibility. I often base reads on tone. I don't like being "Town Leader." My favourite role is VT.
Approach to the Game: It's a game. I'll play to win, but I won't take it too seriously.
In post 15, Galagya wrote:Oh & thanks @ goodmorning!
That's my job!
In post 19, kuror0 wrote:@goodmorning hi. have we played before? Last time I played mafia was ages ago so i don't remember too many things and players. but your name does sound familiar.
You were in my very first Newbie scumgame.

(Recent terminology change: people have begun using 'NAI' instead of 'Not Alignment-Indicative'.)
In post 28, SkiddishRaddish wrote:Oh, also, how you quote from multiple posts/people?
I copy/paste.

I'm pretty sure the Q+ button is supposed to be functional for that but I've never properly managed to use it so I'm afraid I can't help you there. (Lmk has detailed how it's supposed to work so hopefully that helps?)
In post 38, Galagya wrote:Oh by the way, I know edits are like WHOA bad for obvious reasons. But what about editing for typos? I'm not sure how the modding works on these forums but yeah, figured I'd ask in case it's a possibility(I know on other forums mods can see edits made/original vs updated content and so on, so... who knows, it's worth asking(also yeah I know game mod does not = forum mod, but for all I know there's a system in place here? shrug)).
Short answer: it's not possible.

Don't worry about typos, anyway. I'll probably break at least 3 tags this game.

Since you mentioned meta-ing people: I suggest checking my IC games only; I have a really different playstyle as an IC than anywhere else. It's still a solid sample size: this is my 53rd-ish Newbie game and only 5 or 6 of those WEREN'T as an IC.

--

I (surprisingly) have 2 townreads and 2 scumreads so far. There's not a whole lot of clues to them in my posts yet because I've mostly ICposted, but if anyone would like to guess who they are and why I read them the way I do, I might be convinced to talk a little more about them. Multiple guessers are encouraged!
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:27 pm

Post by grapes »

VC 102
Oacenth (2):
goodmorning, kuror0
kuror0 (2):
Galagya, platinum_fleece
Dongempire (1):
Oacenth
platinum_fleece (1):
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish (1):
nmego12345
Galagya (1):
LmkGuy

Not Voting:
Dongempire
With 9 votes in play, 5 are needed to lynch.
There's (expired on 2016-09-12 08:55:02) until deadline.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:57 pm

Post by Donempire »

In post 38, Galagya wrote:Oh by the way, I know edits are like WHOA bad for obvious reasons. But what about editing for typos? I'm not sure how the modding works on these forums but yeah, figured I'd ask in case it's a possibility(I know on other forums mods can see edits made/original vs updated content and so on, so... who knows, it's worth asking(also yeah I know game mod does not = forum mod, but for all I know there's a system in place here? shrug)).
If you see a typo in your post, and ask it to be edited by the mod, im sure they'll do it. At least, thats how i remember it to be.
In post 39, goodmorning wrote:
I (surprisingly) have 2 townreads and 2 scumreads so far. There's not a whole lot of clues to them in my posts yet because I've mostly ICposted, but if anyone would like to guess who they are and why I read them the way I do, I might be convinced to talk a little more about them. Multiple guessers are encouraged!
Youre scumreading me
Because i play fluffy
..but i cant think of anyone else actually.
im actually surprised theres about 40 posts in 2 days, especially considering the game just started. meh.
platinum_fleece wrote:

My vote on you was because you implied that it's a victory wagon. I didn't vote you for the sake of starting a wagon.

Because he "felt"? you know, when you dont have things to back it up with.

Also what do you mean by you didnt want to start a wagon? Do you mean that your vote is a worthless/placeholder vote?
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
platinum_fleece
platinum_fleece
Townie
platinum_fleece
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:05 pm

In post 41, Donempire wrote:
platinum_fleece wrote:

Because he "felt"? you know, when you dont have things to back it up with.

Also what do you mean by you didnt want to start a wagon? Do you mean that your vote is a worthless/placeholder vote?
I mean that I'm not voting him and expecting everyone to jump in just yet. I still want some time to ask questions to other people before seriously considering lynching someone. Not exactly a fan of early bandwagons
platinum_fleece
platinum_fleece
Townie
platinum_fleece
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:10 pm

In post 31, LmkGuy wrote:

Trying to understand a bit of the post here. What do you mean when you say "defend yourself based on 'meta' "? Like, the RQs people ask during this time, and comparing behavior now with answers back then? Isn't that actually the point of the questioning period?

If people are inconsistent and it shows, that's pretty scummy behavior to me.
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:04 am

Post by nmego12345 »

Whoa 2 Pages in 2 Days!! That's awesome
Keep up the activity everyone

Just a few noteworthy posts in the first page (Then i'll get to the second one)

In post 14, Galagya wrote:So everyone but platinum has a RV set, & that hasn't done anything yet. HMM. Wow, first days really are slow.

Wondering if platinum_fleece is just busy or gonna be replaced out. Of course, I'm just impatient & eager, so.

Getting town vibes

In post 21, platinum_fleece wrote: VOTE: kuror0

Serious vote?
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:20 am

Post by nmego12345 »

In post 27, SkiddishRaddish wrote: @nmego12345
I find your answer to Galagya's question a nonanswer. I know they were long ago and a short time period of play, but they only descriptor you give is that you were active, which is to be expected of a mafia game that's only 30 minutes long. Can you give us something more? Picture your style as a detective if you can't think of anything.

Well you're right. I'll try playing detective

Ok first of all
In each long mafia game I've played something of the following has happened
1. I quited because of real life issues
2. I got nightkilled in night 1 (One game and It was my first ever ever mafia game from 5 or so years)

Only one mafia game I lasted more than one day and It was rather fast like only 2 weeks.

I think:
1. I tend to study EACH post
2. I tend to be active (Except if life issues got in the way)

That's It I guess.
platinum_fleece
platinum_fleece
Townie
platinum_fleece
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:26 am

In post 44, nmego12345 wrote:
In post 21, platinum_fleece wrote: VOTE: kuror0

Serious vote?
Depends on what you mean by serious.

It's not completely random, if that's what you mean.

Do I think kuror0 is scum for implying to start a wagon early? No, I don't have enough info from him. I feel like his vote is slightly in jest but there still might be some intent on getting a wagon at the same time.

However, since he does imply that he's starting a wagon and it's still early, that has some scummy vibes, so I decided to question him for it, while also placing my vote on him for now.
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:34 am

Post by nmego12345 »

Why not?
and aren't you doing the same?
@Kuror0, Platinum isn't starting a wagon, care to explain the bolded part?

@goodmorning, More posts from you would be nice. Everybody seems to be very NULL for me except for Galagya which is 1% town and 99% null.

@Oacenth, Can you please post more?

@platinum_fleece, I wasasking if you're out of RVS yet, I don't know about kuror0. He's a big huge null to me. What do you think about other players?
platinum_fleece
platinum_fleece
Townie
platinum_fleece
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:40 am

In post 47, nmego12345 wrote: @platinum_fleece, I wasasking if you're out of RVS yet, I don't know about kuror0. He's a big huge null to me. What do you think about other players?
I don't have good reads on most people playing so far, but here's what I think so far:

kuror0's intent to start a wagon this early doesn't sit well with me, but it's not enough to paint him as scum. I'm just not a fan of early wagons.

I also agree with Galagya's random questioning thing. Since I'm trying to question people myself. It can give some good ideas as to opinions and reactions, and seems pro-town in my opinion.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:56 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 41, Donempire wrote:
In post 39, goodmorning wrote:I (surprisingly) have 2 townreads and 2 scumreads so far. There's not a whole lot of clues to them in my posts yet because I've mostly ICposted, but if anyone would like to guess who they are and why I read them the way I do, I might be convinced to talk a little more about them. Multiple guessers are encouraged!
Youre scumreading me
Because i play fluffy
..but i cant think of anyone else actually.
im actually surprised theres about 40 posts in 2 days, especially considering the game just started. meh.
Nope! Interesting guess though.
I'm a little surprised there aren't more.
In post 47, nmego12345 wrote:@goodmorning, More posts from you would be nice. Everybody seems to be very NULL for me except for Galagya which is 1% town and 99% null.
I'm sure!
There was one big clue in my last post but nobody seems to have noticed it :[

--

3.5 TR/2 SR now!
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”