Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Deers's read on Creeps goes from scumread to policy lynch in 626, which is strange and not very comforting.

Vedith calling out Frank is a good look for him.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:39 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

STRONG TOWN (would bet the game that none of these players will flip scum):
Lil Uzi Vert
TwoFace
Joshz
Aristophanes

DECENT TOWN (would be incredibly surprised if any of these players flip scum):
Creeps
Gamma
Mathblade

LEAN TOWN (I think they are town, but am not 100% confident):
Hiraki
---big gap---
Vedith

SCUM (I think these are the remaining scum):
Deers
---big gap---
Frank
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:11 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

The case on Frank hinges pretty heavily on the wide gulf between his play here and his play in Newbie 1744, where he was town. Now, typically, meta'ing after a single game is foolish and silly, but there's a big enough difference between the two games where it's definitely something I think we should talk about. There's also the matter of Frank's lack of time in this game is probably genuine which eats into the significance of this a bit but even when he's had a bit of time he's reached nothing close to the production he reached in that game and I think it's because he's uncomfortable with playing scum.

As far as body of work goes, Frank seems a hell of a lot more invested in 1744 than he does here, even from the beginning; whereas our Frank focuses on what's anti-town and throws out reads without backing them up at all, 1744 Frank questions early, and when he provides a scumread, provides decent backing to go along with it. Also of note is that during this game Frank goes through a hurricane that takes away computer access and when he comes back he has a catchup that is a great deal less underwhelming than the catchup we got here (compare this and this with the atrociousness that we were subjected to).

Now, as for game related posts...

First of all, he has 30 posts this game. 10 of them are promises of more content. Now, that people don't have time and all, but the fact that dodging posting in the game is a third of his posting is the part where prod dodging veers from annoying into alignment-indicative; compounded with the fact that whenever he does post content it's violently underwhelming, I don't really think there's a chance that he's town here.

Another good chunk of his posts are posts that aren't promises, but posts that aren't alignment-indicative; 58 and 60 are two posts dealing with why he thinks something is anti-town and thus has nothing to do with alignment, 61 is discussing alt identity and thus has nothing to do with alignment, 67 is talking about how discussing TVD's alt-identity is antitown and thus has nothing to do with alignment, 82 and 86 are two Frank posts where he talks about why discussing whether TVD is an alt or not is useless and thus has nothing to do with alignment.

The rest of his posts are half-baked reads; he townreads Hikari because "a couple posts look townish" and spend a large part of his time talking about how he doesn't see how people are scumreading him; this makes the chances of Frank being knowingly aligned with Hikari drop pretty dramatically since I don't think that the entirety of his content would be townreading his scumpartner for absolutely no reason (weak scum generally avoid scumpartners, and if Frank is this bad at faking content, I'd imagine the main read that he'd have would be a truth read as opposed to faking it and it's much easier to townread town than it is to do anything else).

His vote on Creep, however, is the scummiest. The entirety of the case on him presented is "10-15, Creeps looks scummy" to voting him instantly; this looks like scum trying to drive through the mislynch through and through.

If Frank is scum with havingfitz (he very likely is), then Hiraki and Creeps move up to strong town.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:11 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

err, Creeps moves up to Strong Town and Hiraki moves up to Decent Town.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:42 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Io/Deer:

I don't really think that Io's opening is alignment-indicative; she made an RVS vote against one of the four people who replaced out and then clarified that it wasn't a serious push either. I mean sure, I guess that she could be scum and backtracking because she got too much heat for the push, but seems unlikely to me.

From a body of work perspective, the main reasons that I suspect Deer are:

1) I think that most of his pushes (primarily on Eric and Creeps) have been remarkably easy pushes to make without any conviction. I think that he was attempting to push through easy mislynches, which is a feeling that is especially compounded if Frank flips scum.

2) I think that the readswitch from scumreading TwoFace and Eric to townreading them within the course of a minute looked remarkably odd; don't think that it was a genuine thought progression.

3) I don't like his interaction with havingfitz. He said that he would "read all his posts within 12 hours to get a read on him" lurked for two days, then added him to the suspect list because TwoFace (the person he was scumreading before) said so. When talking about who he was willing to wagon, the people who he is willing to lynch are Hiraki and Creeps and Fitz but he'd rather lynch Hiraki and Creeps over Fitz; this seems especially odd since his top three suspects (in order) before were 1) Creeps, 2) Gamma, and 3) fitz, so you'd think that even if he was townreading Gamma all of a sudden fitz would still be a stronger read than Hikari.

As far as specific criticisms go...

Deer's original push on Eric was based on a few things - he said that Eric's use of "me and not my team" = "you are scum and want to hop on bandwagons without any reason" - this is a semantic push, and a terrible semantic push at that.

~will resume later, wanted to post now just in case I can't get back to it~

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:09 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I'm alive and back!
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:09 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Sorry for the lack of activity. Disinterest and life reared their ugly heads again but I'm going to start seriously playing this game now.

Fitz had me fooled for a little while to be honest when I finally got him to explain those gut reads. I was satisfied with the reasons he gave for those reads but I kept overlooking how much he's ignored those two slots.

I share the same stance on claimed PR Day 1 as TF does so it'll be very hypocritical for me to scum read him but it was very odd there the end of Day 1 where he just adamantly refused to after how hard he pushed him. I understand people have beliefs and all but it's a little concerning how easy TF was willing to give up that lynch of the fake claim. Might be scum who tried a last effort attempt to hop off of a buddy.

Not really feeling Josh at all. He hasn't done anything at all that makes me want to town read him and he's only brought the suspicions I had about that slot back and this time they're a lot more intense. I'm
not sensing effort at all in any of the scum reads he shares or the cases he presents. I also think he's playing up his play style a bit in order to justify how's he playing in order to coast.

I saw some talk about Gamma forcing me to claim again and I want to state again that I don't think he should be SR for this. I had no choice to claim at the time and part of this is why I've been scum reading Hiraki.

Ari continues to filler with a bit of coaching and general sheeping and Frank continues to prod dodge and not commit to fully catching up.

The problem I'm having with a lot of these reads is that most of them are based on effort and that's NAI. A part of me feels Frank is too easy and a bit me reads him as a player who would not savagely prod dodge as scum like he's been doing.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:18 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Ignore above
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:18 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Sorry for the lack of activity. Disinterest and life reared their ugly heads again but I'm going to start seriously playing this game now.

Fitz had me fooled for a little while to be honest when I finally got him to explain those gut reads. I was satisfied with the reasons he gave for those reads but I kept overlooking how much he's ignored those two slots.

I share the same stance on claimed PRs Day 1 as TF does so it would be very hypocritical for me to scum read for that him but, it was very odd there the end of Day 1 where he just adamantly refused to lynch Fitz after how hard he pushed him. I understand people have beliefs and all but it's a little concerning how easy TF was willing to give up that lynch. Might be scum who tried a last effort attempt to hop off of a buddy.

Not really feeling Josh at all. He hasn't done anything at all that makes me want to TR him and he's only brought the suspicions I had about that slot back and this time, they're a lot more intense. I'm not sensing effort at all in any of the scum reads he shares or the cases he presents. I also think he's playing up his play style a bit in order to justify how's he playing in order to coast.

I saw some talk about Gamma forcing me to claim and I want to state again that I don't think he should be SR for this. I had no choice to claim at the time and part of this is why I've been scum reading Hiraki.

Ari continues to filler with a bit of maifia theory and sheeping. Frank continues to prod dodge and not commit to fully catching up.

The problem I'm having with a lot of these reads is that most of them are based on effort and that's NAI. A part of me feels Frank is too easy and a part of me reads him as a player who would not savagely prod dodge as scum like he's been doing.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:07 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1605, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:It might end very soon so I might be able too.
this is veering on the line of what's acceptable and what's not acceptable

Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by Dierfire »

Nachomamma8 has died and may no longer post in this thread.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by Dierfire »

The game has ended!
This thread is now locked. The Main Thread is now open for post-game chatter.
This thread will become public in 72 hours. As specified in the rules, I will redact posts by player request in any PT before then (send requests for redaction to me by PM).

Return to “Completed Game Topics”