Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:59 am

Post by Gaspode »

Please do what I ask. I really am a psychic. If you don't believe me, then when ambic wins by killing all of you, I will say "I told you so" in huge, bold letters. (BTW, I believe ambic is mafia because he didn't answer my question in addition to all my reasons. Relevant or not, I want an answer so that at least I would know what side he's on.)
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:16 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I don't know, I'm having second thoughts. Although I still don't quite believe Gaspode, ambic also became more suspicious when he/she (sorry i don't remember) refused to answer or even acknowledge Gaspode. Plus ambic's not even been cleared 100%.
FOS ambic
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:38 am

Post by ambic »

Well im going to make you hate me even more...

I refuse to play the whats in your email game. I have thought about it, and this is the same thing that happened to me in anarchy mafia. Post a specific word from your email to prove your innocence.

If the town has to resort to crap logic tactics like that then it is screwed anyway. Whos to say the mod didnt use different wording for each, and you can add in the complication that its illegal to quote the mod mail anyway.

Confirm vote Gaspode

Vote end day

I will be vindicated overnight if even 1 person is raised from the dead.

So I am ignoring Gaspodes request.

Happy.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:54 pm

Post by jeep »

Gaspode, you are correct, there are things wrong with you revealing information first:
1) If you are mafia, you still know if someone is innocent or guilty.
2) We don't know if there will be a kill tonight

Werebear, no offense taken. I think that we try to win today and I prove myself when CS reveals that the town wins. We'll see how this goes. As I said, I'll follow Werebear-
confirm: Gaspode ; vote end day

-JEEP
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:27 am

Post by jeep »

OK, I have the perfect plan! (but it's 3:30, so everyone should take it with a grain of salt...)

If we get to night:
DS, kill me tonight (do not travel into the past, or I won't be able to save mathcam). Then when the revived doctors send in their choices tonight, they can save me on night 4. That way, if I'm lying, you can be sure I'll die. If I'm telling the truth, I'll be saved by the doctors (assuming they read the thead).

Werebear, investigate Ambic tonight.

So, if I'm mafia, town wins. If I'm townie, all works out fine too. And I won't have to worry about a noose around my neck either way. I'll die if I'm scum and live if I'm not.

If we get to tomorrow, then Werebear will know if Ambic is mafia or not.

-JEEP
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:22 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

One problem JEEP, I already made my kil last night and chose to kill you night 5, so it'll have to wait. :o
confirm vote gaspode; vote end day
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2003 2:48 pm

Post by jeep »

Ah, I thought you were killing on even nights. Oh well.

-JEEP
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:43 am

Post by cuban smoker »

4 end day votes received. One more to end the day early. Vote count stands (4 for Gaspode). End of day stands.

ambic, DS, jeep, Werebear all voting for Gaspode, and for end of day.

Lucresia and Gaspode not voting.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2003 9:17 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Translation: 26 hours or one end day vote from either Lucresia or Gaspode to end the day.
Lucresia
Lucresia
Goon
Lucresia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2003 10:11 am

Post by Lucresia »

vote: Gaspode
[b]"and All anybody knows is you're not like them..."[/b]

- Elliott Smith
Lucresia
Lucresia
Goon
Lucresia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2003 10:12 am

Post by Lucresia »

oh and
vote: end day
[b]"and All anybody knows is you're not like them..."[/b]

- Elliott Smith
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2003 10:37 am

Post by cuban smoker »

As day falls, a true majority, rarely seen in this neck of the woods, has formed. All wish to see Gaspode "the psychic" be hanged. It is agreed that he is more likely a psycho...

As Gaspode hangs almost serenly from the lynching tree, the remaining 5 citizens go home, wondering whether the killing has stopped.

It is now night 4. I need night choices from all applicable roles. (I expect them quickly, folks)
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2003 10:46 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Official end of day 3 vote count:

5 Gaspode (ambic, Dragon Slayer, jeep, Lucresia, Werebear)

That is all. (It doesn't matter how the day ended. The end day votes are a tool for the town to end a day before the deadline to speed things along).
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:02 pm

Post by Gaspode »

FOOLS! :evil:
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:59 pm

Post by cuban smoker »

Uhhh... no one is allowed to interpert that comment either way. I should delete it, but I won't.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:36 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Story composed by jeep:

“Welcome back” says JEEP.

Bigfella looks at JEEP like he lost his mind. “Uh… thanks,” he says. “Wait a second, you mean more than just ‘welcome back from the Gaspode lynching’ don’t you?”

JEEP smiles. “It’s been an interesting couple days. I love how time travel works. No one else remembers what happened, but since I went through it, I remember it all AND I even remember the new history too.”

“So what happened?”

“You remember we sent Green Crayons to the future to kill mole, but he couldn’t find him, right?”

“Yeah, I remember that. That was the same night we decided to travel back in time to kill that fricking reclusive scientist who was going to give everyone in the world his time travel machine.”

“Exactly,” continued JEEP. “What you don’t remember is that that next day we lynched Mathcam.”

“No, we didn’t, he was killed… OH, so you killed him and changed history!” Bigfella exclaimed.

“Yes. But you are jumping ahead… Anyway, we lynched mathcam and that night, you were killed by Dragon Slayer.”

Bigfella shivers.

“I know, it’s creepy to find out you were once killed by a vigilante,” says JEEP. “Anyway, that meddlesome cop Werebear found out that Green Crayons was part of our gang. I didn’t want to tip my hand, so I helped them lynch him. I really regret that. We can bring him back, but I’ll get to that later.

“Anyway, the night after we lynched GC, I went back in time to kill Mathcam.”

“And that’s why everyone was so confused. That sure made it easy to lynch Corsato, Goo and Polotet!” said Bigfella.

“It did. And that’s why you don’t remember lynching Mathcam. So you watched while Corsato, Goo, and Polotet were lynched. I tried to grab Ambic, to lynch him too, but the timeline change must have messed up my balance, because I slipped. It would have been so easy! But, it didn’t work out. You still died on night 2. I was hoping that you were killed by one of the folks that we lynched. But you were not around, so I managed to convince everyone that I could travel back in time and save mathcam even though Ambic was saying that our two doctors died. Initially, I kind of hoped everyone would realize that three doctors was too much and think that Ambic was lying. But it kind of backfired. Fortunately, Gaspode was some quack claiming he had ESP. I guess he watched too much ‘Crossing over.’ With this crowd of scientists, no one believed him.”

“Wait… remember those ‘time echoes’ the egghead was talking about? I think I remember talking to him. When I was dead!” said Bigfella.

“Wow… that must be almost as weird as remembering several histories. So he really was psychic? Interesting. Anyway, I managed to get Gaspode lynched. While we were trying to get Gaspode to the noose, Dragon Slayer admitted to killing you. I guess he forgot about our ability to travel in time. So I am about to go back to shoot him the night before he killed you. Apparently, I am going to be successful.”

“And here I am.”

“And here you are. So I’ll shoot Dragon Slayer, and you shoot Ambic.”

“Tomorrow, it’ll be you, me, Werebear and Lucresia. We’ll overpower Werebear and hang him. Meanwhile they are certain to overpower one of us. Don’t worry about that. Whichever of us survives, will use this handy little machine to go back and kill Lucresia on the day after the mathcam was killed. Remember, the night before, there were doctors around, so don’t go to that same night.”

“Got it.” Said Bigfella.

End of jeep’s story.

More explicitly, this is what happens. Tonight, on night 4, jeep goes back in time to night 1 and kills Dragon Slayer, the vigilante. Dragon Slayer’s kill on night 2 never takes place, and BigFella is brought back into the time line. BigFella votes for Werebear on days 2 and 3, and on night 4, the mafia use their additional kill (explained later), and send BigFella back to night 2 to kill ambic. Now ambic is also dead, and Day 4 begins.

BigFella, jeep, Lucresia and Werebear all awake on day 4, and no matter how the voting goes, the best result for the town is 2 votes for Werebear, 2 votes for, say, BigFella. Day 4 ends with Lucresia and jeep going to sleep. During night 5, jeep travels back in time and kills Luresia on night 2. Now, on Day 4, there are not enough votes to lynch BigFella, and Day 5, version 2 ends with 2 votes for Werebear, one for BigFella. BigFella and jeep survive, and win as Mafia.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:40 am

Post by cuban smoker »

I'll post full role descriptions later. Iexpect a lot of discussion about this one. I want to run a themed game later, and I'm hoping it goes as well as this game did.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:49 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I knew Jeep was scum all aalong, dagn it @#@%$%$ Oh well, great game CS and everyone else. AT lease it was a lot of fun while it lasted...but KNEW jeep was scum. Dang it if I I knew I shouldn't have said I killed him not to metnion I should have killed him on an earlier night.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:51 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Wait, then what about the lose lose plan jeep made for himself during last day? If I had gotten him lastt night he'd have lost and what role was Gaspode?
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:52 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

*double posting*

Wow, now that was a run on sentence.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:44 am

Post by Werebear »

Cuban Smoker - Interesting game. However, there is a hole in it a mile wide before another "time travel" mafia is implemented. Everyone voted mathcam day 2... but he was later killed night 1. So there was a triple lynch. All those people who voted for mathcam didn't get THEIR votes. Their votes were taken away, as if they slept through the whole day. If mathcam was TRULY killed night 1, then those votes would have been placed elsewhere, which would have prevented a triple lynch... but you can't go back and redo the day
as if people didn't know the future
. I don't know how to get around this, maybe a "first, second, and third" vote each day... but it was yet another negative for the town. To top it all off, when Bigfella was 'raised', he got all his votes as well as special abilities for all the days and nights he was supposedly dead. I really don't think any game that ends a day with 4 town and 1 mafia (who was by then known, even without investigation) should be able to be ended that night with a mafia win.

Another thought - the mafia gets to go back to night 1 and undo everything that was done to their favor each time. Don't you think it would be more advisable to only allow 1 visit to each night for each group??? That killing mathcam and having a triple lynch was devestating, losing 4 townies in one day and night tends to be, but to have someone go back the same night and both kill our vigilante while raising another mafia sealed the coffin.

Jeep, kudos, and I'll have you know I had no intention of investigating ambic, you were the one I checked... but a little too late. I should have gone with my suspicion that there were too many docs, but my suspicions have gone awry a few times too many.

Gaspode - *shakes head* it all seemed so logical at the time.

Werebear
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:16 am

Post by cuban smoker »

There is much to be worked on. I have talked with a few people, mostly jeep, about how to improve the situation. Ideas are helpful of course, and opinions are welcome. I'm hoping that the theme game that I signed up for works out.

ambic- coroner, full role of dead people.
Gaspode - psychic, alignment of dead people.
Lucresia - forensic scientist, method of death.

Corsato - doctor
Polotet - tt doctor (or other way around... hmmm... too lazy to check)

Werebear - tt cop
mathcam - deputy tt cop

Dragon Slayer - Vigilante who could kill once in every 2 days, his choice which day (once on nights 1/2, once on nights 3/4)

mikegoo - experimenting scientist (or enforcer), could block time travel of any perons that night. they would perform their action that night, instead of the destination night.

BigFella, GC, jeep - tt mafia. 1 kill a night, plus 1 bonus kill on even nights.

I have the night choices of everyone elsewhere, I can post that later.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:01 am

Post by jeep »

The mafia didn't control everything... The town was stupid to allow a multiple lynch. I even tipped my hand by trying to make it a four way tie. Everyone knew the rules and should have realized it. Had I been town, I'd hvae put a second vote on one of the people with one.

Also, consider the time travelling doc! Had he not been lynched day 1, he could have undone the lynching.

For the record, the original plan was to have a massacre on night 5. I was surprised that everyone followed my ideas....

I think DS should have saved his kill on night 3. Always better to have more options. He could have really messed up the plan by going to night 1 and killing me. That would have created a paradox that would cancel both of our abilities. So town would have won.

Also, no one pointed out the flaw in my plan- the mafia could go back to night one and rekill mathcam last night, too. That would mean that I would get lynched and insure a mafia victory.

This was definitely a come from behind victory. I think this game is slightly weighted in favor of the town. And the night two fiasco was crazy.

Ambics role was crazy powerful!

As to my lose-lose plan, I lied.

Did anyone else use their ability to travel in time??? It didn't really sound like it.

-JEEP

Edit to add more:
Some mistakes that I saw made:
1) no one mentioned (noticed?) that I tipped my hand in a big way day 1, when I mis-understood the deadline rule.

2) I tipped my hand by voting ambic

3) Town left a three-way tie for second?!?!?!?!?

4) I mistook the day we were on. I thought we were in day 4, not day 3. That made my killing mathcam that night really iffy.

5) On night two the TT doc should have protected mathcam on night 1. I actually half expect ed that he was protected. If he hadn't died, it would have set up a more powerful night 5.

6) Ambic changed his role claim slightly. If I hadn't been forced to get rid of Goo, I think he'd have helped me lynch him.

7) Green Crayons posted when he was dead, confirming Ambic's story that GC was mafia... this could have ben interpreted either way... so not too terrible of a breach.

8) Why did people believe Ambic? Holy crap!
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:47 am

Post by Gaspode »

I didn't believe ambic. I agree with you, the role seemed way too powerful and easy to lie about.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:49 am

Post by Werebear »

about your last point - why did we believe ambic?! For me, because it was a logical scientific role, and either he made up three roles for the three dead townies, or he was telling the truth... and the roles he posted were also logical, and didn't interfere with other roles. I knew for sure he was town when he posted that GC was mafia. If he had posted otherwise, it would have thrown the town into turmoil, and possibly have gotten me lynched.

But Jeep - you can't tell me a town going into day 4 with 4 townies and 1 mafia - and having the mafia win that night - is seriously tipped in the favor of the town. I see the town made a lot of mistakes. One of which was letting you live. *chuckle* But the fact that the mafia could raise their own, and have the 'raised' ones put in all their votes for the past few days at once, and THEN have a double kill besides?? the freshly raised ones could make ties with their votes, one of the kills could get rid of the main lynchee, and more double lynches that would never have happened. I do think that without the double kill, the game would have been seriously tipped towards the town, though.

I must admit, this is fascinating... trying to figure out how to make this better. I really think each time someone votes, to give them the power to say "Vote: Werebear 2nd vote: Jeep 3rd vote: Gaspode"... so if Werebear is killed the night before, then when day (re)dawns, their vote will go with Jeep, etc.

Any comments?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”