Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:21 pm

Post by Porochaz »

In post 217, Rank wrote:
In post 216, PeaceBringer wrote:And I take offense at your saying been aggressive
Mild hostility: CHECK.
Self meta being useless: CHECK

Thought I'd help with your checklist
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:33 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I do
Unvote
, my thoughts currently are with kthx he is scummy but, I'm wondering about how likely a macho fake claim is, I don't like Jake, I'm worried that I have very little feeling on the hydras and I'm majorly going back and forth on whether peace is naive town or is really scummy and using his old play as an excuse...
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Kyubey
Kyubey
Townie
Kyubey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by Kyubey »

I think it's high time ffery and I turn this into yet another metadive war. If nothing else, I trust the two of us to be the ones that dive Peace's oooooold meta for verification.

~mami
Kyubey
Kyubey
Townie
Kyubey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:10 pm

Post by Kyubey »

In post 123, The Slovak Prince wrote:I'd love to talk to you Mala, but you're mad at me aren't you?

and yes, we are Hated.
I fixed it on my end too mara.

~Mami
Kyubey
Kyubey
Townie
Kyubey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:12 pm

Post by Kyubey »

In post 108, trebuchet tabby wrote:
In post 92, Kyubey wrote:
In post 74, Pyrotechnics wrote:
In post 62, trebuchet tabby wrote:
In post 9, Pyrotechnics wrote:Ohhhhh yeah!

<------------ applications for the town bloc go here :p

VOTE: d3x
You going to do anything about that town bloc?
Not yet.

You didn't make an application though :(

Why not?

Neither did kyubuy though...that's disappointing too.
Mami has been busy lusting over Milla Maxwell from Tales of Xillia.
Kyubey has been too busy being cute, fluffy, and evil.
Now that that's over with, though, We don't see form 10-C "Potential townbloc applicant procedures" anywhere in your ISO, you might want to fix that.
Thoughts about pyrotechnics? Amrun?
My town syr model says he lets the other head do all the posting until he gets interested in a game, this is consistent with that at least.

Amrun, I do have a good working town model of her from a few games (Red Wedding, Maestro's Greatest Idea, AMOL) so lemme pull that ISO.
Kyubey
Kyubey
Townie
Kyubey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Post by Kyubey »

In post 196, Kthxbye wrote:I do have a "3rd ability" which is simply just a vote, though I'm betting other townies have it listed similarly as something unique to their character. My vote is called 2 AM Chili.
I at the very least can verify this is the case.
Does anyone have a role card that does not have it like this?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:21 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

Considering a sample role pm is on page 1, he wasn't telling us anything we didn't already know. Every player is going to have a similar setup role pm

As a fruit, the orange is very a-peeling
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:23 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Scum have a vote as well and could easily have the same onion ability power setup in their role PMs. I'm sure Qwints wouldn't make it that easy to clear town and catch scum.

p.edit: ninja'ed
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:24 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 240, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 237, Maestro wrote:I just realized how many Hydrae there are.........

P-Edit: if you agree that meta is nigh-on worthless I'd appreciate it if you stopped using it as an explanation/defense of every single differentiated/unusual facet of your play. Clarify how you play differently, and move on. Stop being a useless broken record because it doesn't help anybody.

P-Edit after sql crash: lol, agreed
I'd p-edit referring to me? I do not recognize that as me as me and editing do not normally co-exist. I do tend to beat on things beyond necessity
First P-Edit was @you, second P-Edit was @the cat Hydra talking to Jake about being reasonable.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:36 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 175, PeaceBringer wrote:kthxbye- it looks like you will need to claim- @ L-2
WHAT THE WHAT?!
In post 183, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 182, Amrun wrote:
In post 175, PeaceBringer wrote:kthxbye- it looks like you will need to claim- @ L-2
Why?
that is how we play the game and I could vote you at L-1. Here
vote Kthxbye...
I was giving you leway. You are now at claiming point.
Rolefisher :V
In post 210, PeaceBringer wrote:no it is not role fishing. It is how the game is played. You run someone up. You get a claim. You run someone else up get a claim. You get pressure out there and get people to make opinions. Feel free to ask Jake meta questions regarding me. Since you all frown on self-assessment and self comments. Either that or seek out your own meta conclusion with games from 2004 and 2005 here. Meanwhile I will probably return to banging head on wall.
No you run someone up stupidly on page 6/7/whatever. You're pretty much rolefishing.
In post 224, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 223, Rank wrote:
In post 219, Jake from State Farm wrote:@ rank - you don't have to 100% think a person is scum to vote them, there are plenty of other reasons to vote a person
Couldn't agree more. He didn't even voice a suspicion in that post, though. THAT is what I found scummy. The other concerns I had re: PB still stand.
it is what I do... go check my meta
Are you saying "CHECK MY META AND SEE THAT I DO THIS AS TOWN!!!"?
In post 226, trebuchet tabby wrote:Jake you are really confusing me this game.
Jake moved up to town. Gut feeling. Ever since he posted after me saying that I have yet to see from him. He posts as town.

Anyways

VOTE: Peacebringer
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:40 pm

Post by trebuchet tabby »

In post 252, Kyubey wrote:I think it's high time ffery and I turn this into yet another metadive war. If nothing else, I trust the two of us to be the ones that dive Peace's oooooold meta for verification.

~mami
Sounds good.

I want to check Jake's recent meta, too.

ISO links to 3 of his games.

Townie, lynched day 3 - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go (25 post)

Godfather, killed night 3 - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go (31 posts)

Cultist lynched day 7 http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go (34 posts)

Without even reading these games, I'd say that peacebringer is a more active poster now than he used to be.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:03 pm

In the first (townie) game, post 123 is a self-meta of sorts. Lots of fatalism in that game. It apparently dragged on terribly. He moved his vote around a fair bit on day 2 and 3 given his activity level.

In the second (scum) game post =http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... p252209267 is another sorta self-meta.

I screwed up my earlier post and listed the 2nd game twice. here's the third game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

I didn't see any meta references in that game. He came off as confused a lot in that game, asking for clarification. His votes also had more reasons attached.

He complained more about lack of player activity in the townie game. The cult game he was most verbose. In the townie and scum game there were more bare votes with little or no reasoning.

This isn't enough baseline for me to feel comfortable saying "yeah he self-metas a lot". This game is significantly different from his most recent prior games.

peacebringer, do you have more recent games on another site?
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

In post 249, Amrun wrote:You're right, it is worse than VT. VT is a good role, but the thing you're claiming is super negative utility and not even in a way that makes sense.
Yeah, welcome to my world...

I wonder, could I be provable if town has a protection role and they target me tonight? They should get a PM saying I'm not targetable. It would prove I'm macho...but I don't think it'd prove I'm town as there are macho scum roles. It would also take away from possibly protecting scum's target...so...never mind.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Pyrotechnics
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by Pyrotechnics »

I only had a few minutes to skim as I have stuff to finish tonight and will get back to this game tomorrow.

But, Mara, what's your read on thenewearth?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 259, thenewearth wrote:
WHAT THE WHAT?!
Why?
vote Kthxbye...
Rolefisher :V
In post 210, PeaceBringer wrote:no it is not role fishing. It is how the game is played. You run someone up. You get a claim. You run someone else up get a claim. You get pressure out there and get people to make opinions. Feel free to ask Jake meta questions regarding me. Since you all frown on self-assessment and self comments. Either that or seek out your own meta conclusion with games from 2004 and 2005 here. Meanwhile I will probably return to banging head on wall.
No you run someone up stupidly on page 6/7/whatever. You're pretty much rolefishing.
In post 224, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 223, Rank wrote:
In post 219, Jake from State Farm wrote:@ rank - you don't have to 100% think a person is scum to vote them, there are plenty of other reasons to vote a person
Couldn't agree more. He didn't even voice a suspicion in that post, though. THAT is what I found scummy. The other concerns I had re: PB still stand.
it is what I do... go check my meta
Are you saying "CHECK MY META AND SEE THAT I DO THIS AS TOWN!!!"?
In post 226, trebuchet tabby wrote:Jake you are really confusing me this game.
Jake moved up to town. Gut feeling. Ever since he posted after me saying that I have yet to see from him. He posts as town.

Anyways

VOTE: Peacebringer
The reason I keep referencing how I play and that I don't play "mafiascum" style is BECAUSE I don't. Run me up because of it, feel free. You will be wrong. My play is SOP from where I come from. GO ahead and ding me for "Self-meta" blah blah blah. It is nonsense and that is my point. Listen to me or not. None of what you are referencing has anything to do with who is scum and who is not it is all down to play stratagem, posting strategum, game theory and countless other areas where there may be disagreement. I play how I play and I the responses are predictable. So go ahead and keep pointing your digits. You are no where near hunting scum here. You probably are one of the scum as my intuition dinged you at, will see in time. But go ahead run me up if you must. :continuesbangheadonwall:
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 262, Kthxbye wrote:
In post 249, Amrun wrote:You're right, it is worse than VT. VT is a good role, but the thing you're claiming is super negative utility and not even in a way that makes sense.
Yeah, welcome to my world...

I wonder, could I be provable if town has a protection role and they target me tonight? They should get a PM saying I'm not targetable. It would prove I'm macho...but I don't think it'd prove I'm town as there are macho scum roles. It would also take away from possibly protecting scum's target...so...never mind.
They wouldn't get a pm anyway.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 261, trebuchet tabby wrote:In the first (townie) game, post 123 is a self-meta of sorts. Lots of fatalism in that game. It apparently dragged on terribly. He moved his vote around a fair bit on day 2 and 3 given his activity level.

In the second (scum) game post =http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... p252209267 is another sorta self-meta.

I screwed up my earlier post and listed the 2nd game twice. here's the third game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

I didn't see any meta references in that game. He came off as confused a lot in that game, asking for clarification. His votes also had more reasons attached.

He complained more about lack of player activity in the townie game. The cult game he was most verbose. In the townie and scum game there were more bare votes with little or no reasoning.

This isn't enough baseline for me to feel comfortable saying "yeah he self-metas a lot". This game is significantly different from his most recent prior games.

we used to play at goalline blitz. Games kinda died out for about a year ago now. Downside of an MMORPG site He is a strong player, can play one way, switch off the next. I am the one "self-meta-ing" a lot because people get erect and start pointing digits at me and call me scummy for playing the way I do, which is NOT MAFIA SCUM style, period. I come from the "Werewolf" school of play that started at Footballguys and now has own private site and play manly with a lot of the same people over and over. I really enjoyed Goal-line blitz games which I played while taking a break from werewolf. FYI, I came back here after once having left over frustrating that are already returning mainly because of Jake. He will use gambits, he will fish for reactions. He will come on strong, or go mellow and smooth. Those elements aren't the tells per say. It is only day one as well. He will show himself one way or another. IMO. He is a bit calmer for sure though. It is worth watching.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:48 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 258, Maestro wrote:
In post 240, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 237, Maestro wrote:I just realized how many Hydrae there are.........

P-Edit: if you agree that meta is nigh-on worthless I'd appreciate it if you stopped using it as an explanation/defense of every single differentiated/unusual facet of your play. Clarify how you play differently, and move on. Stop being a useless broken record because it doesn't help anybody.

P-Edit after sql crash: lol, agreed
I'd p-edit referring to me? I do not recognize that as me as me and editing do not normally co-exist. I do tend to beat on things beyond necessity
First P-Edit was @you, second P-Edit was @the cat Hydra talking to Jake about being reasonable.
so what on earth is P-edit? that wasn't around 2004-2006 and not seen it elsewhere.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:50 pm

Post by Maestro »

you're not being clear-cut or decisive in your comments of phrasing and it's annoying me

P-Edit = Preview Edit, an edit to a post made after you click "Preview" and see something new you wanna comment on
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:50 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

oh and I was saying, what I play, and what I do, I do regardless of role. it is just unadulterated ME and the style I play.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 268, Maestro wrote:you're not being clear-cut or decisive in your comments of phrasing and it's annoying me

P-Edit = Preview Edit, an edit to a post made after you click "Preview" and see something new you wanna comment on
never have been, sorry... it is what I do. I don't edit, I post what I think. I often post in "segments" versus sentences. Happens more when get more worked up then when being deliberate. I also don't always post what I truly think. I play to get reactions. I watch for trends and areas voting may go. I don't share everything I think.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:58 pm

In post 157, The Slovak Prince wrote:hell if I know Ffery, I am not home atm so I cant talk to him on skype

Mala <3

what are your guys thoughs on jake?

and yes we are hated so theres no excuwe to hqmmer us accidentally

Tqmmy, Im pretty sure kthx is town.

Amrun, hy so reactive?
In post 101, Kthxbye wrote:
In post 89, d3x wrote:Lul... Ook. Unsver unytheeng I seeed egeeenst yuu. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp! Unsver uny qooesshun I pused. Bork bork bork! Du unytheeng boot OoMGOoS und sey "d3x knoos better".

Better yet, ixpleeen vhy yuoo vuoold vunt tu Lynch yuoor greetest ToonReed, unless yuoo're-a sooggesteeng thet yuoo hefe-a sumeune-a et heegher thun 99.9% Toon. Bork bork bork!
"Lol, OK.
Answer
anything I said against you. {Random blah}
Answer
any question I posed. Does anything about OMGUS and say 'd3x knows better'.
Better yet, explain why you would want to lynch your greatest townread, unless you're suggesting that you have a something higher than 99.9% town."

^that took me 5 minutes and it STILL doesn't fucking make sense. I make oats into oatmeal faster.

When I have an hour or so, I'll ISO you to see if you asked me a question.

As far as me reading you town, that went out the window when you voted me. You know damn well what my town game looks like.
I think Unsver is answer. Fery and I had this discussion in regards to me because I myself had difficulty translating it. Try that maybe?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:01 pm

In post 157, The Slovak Prince wrote:hell if I know Ffery, I am not home atm so I cant talk to him on skype

Mala <3

what are your guys thoughs on jake?

and yes we are hated so theres no excuwe to hqmmer us accidentally

Tqmmy, Im pretty sure kthx is town.

Amrun, hy so reactive?
The two games I played with Jake I kept reading him wrong both times. There was times I called him scum for posting "Sup". I haven't made a decision yet and still sorta discussing it with Fery.

Yeah Fery had to tell me hated townie. I thought you meant players hated you or something ._.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:04 pm

Why?
vote Kthxbye...
In post 192, PeaceBringer wrote:well now that he is at L-1 it is moot...
Yeah I kinda don't like this.

Kthx is flipping around like a waffley pancake in regards to Dex..
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:07 pm

In post 266, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 261, trebuchet tabby wrote:In the first (townie) game, post 123 is a self-meta of sorts. Lots of fatalism in that game. It apparently dragged on terribly. He moved his vote around a fair bit on day 2 and 3 given his activity level.

we used to play at goalline blitz. Games kinda died out for about a year ago now. Downside of an MMORPG site He is a strong player, can play one way, switch off the next. I am the one "self-meta-ing" a lot because people get erect and start pointing digits at me and call me scummy for playing the way I do, which is NOT MAFIA SCUM style, period. I come from the "Werewolf" school of play that started at Footballguys and now has own private site and play manly with a lot of the same people over and over. I really enjoyed Goal-line blitz games which I played while taking a break from werewolf.
I also learned a different style of play and a different game format. I also played games with the same 50-70 people game after game for a few years. I'm still experimenting to find some optimal styles for this environment. Playing games with a lot of people I don't know well is quite challenging, and has required the develoipment of some different skills.
FYI, I came back here after once having left over frustrating that are already returning mainly because of Jake. He will use gambits, he will fish for reactions. He will come on strong, or go mellow and smooth. Those elements aren't the tells per say. It is only day one as well. He will show himself one way or another. IMO. He is a bit calmer for sure though. It is worth watching.
Indeed.
In post 269, PeaceBringer wrote:oh and I was saying, what I play, and what I do, I do regardless of role. it is just unadulterated ME and the style I play.
Even a short meta dive of your games here in the past indicate some differences in your play style depending on your role. I will look at some more old games to see what sort of model I can put together, but I don't anticipate your old meta will be all that useful.

And that's ok. There's a lot to be gained from watching your play here and now, and interacting with you here and now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”