orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:20 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 2447, SMP wrote:Orci, Ceph or ffer, are you guys still called "Black Hole" after you split off?

why?
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:24 am

Post by notscience »

Yes I will
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:28 am

Post by fferyllt »

Cabd, you planning on catching up in this game anytime soon?
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
SMP
SMP
Goon
SMP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:28 am

Post by SMP »

In post 2524, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 2521, SMP wrote:On top of that he accused someone who really had no reason to be accused

Is this accused target in the below list
STD
Honey Bee
Cabd
Brian Skies
Book
NS
Wgeurts

I'd prefer not to say right at this moment, it would almost completely out my neighborhood if I said who it was.

In post 2525, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 2447, SMP wrote:Orci, Ceph or ffer, are you guys still called "Black Hole" after you split off?

why?

If you weren't then ABR doesn't really have a restriction on his vig shot then. I mention it in , Ceph mentions it in too
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:30 am

The only thing I know right now is I like SMP for town and i don't think that wagon should happen.

pedit is the accused target in the list, yes or no
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:32 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2474, fferyllt wrote:beats the hell out of being hardpushed.

I think I'm going to retract this. I was being pissy about last night, but it's preferable to know where I stand.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:33 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2529, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:The only thing I know right now is I like SMP for town and i don't think that wagon should happen.

Agree.

Idic
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:34 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 2527, fferyllt wrote:Cabd, you planning on catching up in this game anytime soon?

Was at lunch with orc and mara, couldnt exactly think or talk about the game out loud to myself.

The scumread on you actually makes me incredibly good about the clear on orc. Five to six IRL days ago, somebody in my hood expressed a signifigant scumread on you. I don't think scum orc in a scum partnership with one of them does a clearing gambit and then pre-empts orc in a scum-ffery case.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
SMP
SMP
Goon
SMP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:35 am

Post by SMP »

In post 2529, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:The only thing I know right now is I like SMP for town and i don't think that wagon should happen.

No
SMP
SMP
Goon
SMP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:36 am

Post by SMP »

Why that list though?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:36 am

idk man i was posting in the game during lunch

do you have time to talk tonight?

pedit that's the list of people i'm comfortable townreading
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:37 am

well not really, let me rephrase that

it's the list of people i'm comfortable with other people townreading
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:38 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2532, Cabd wrote:
In post 2527, fferyllt wrote:Cabd, you planning on catching up in this game anytime soon?

Was at lunch with orc and mara, couldnt exactly think or talk about the game out loud to myself.

The scumread on you actually makes me incredibly good about the clear on orc. Five to six IRL days ago, somebody in my hood expressed a signifigant scumread on you. I don't think scum orc in a scum partnership with one of them does a clearing gambit and then pre-empts orc in a scum-ffery case.

Like I said upthread somewhere, to me the potential clear is incidental. his play is town.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:39 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2536, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:well not really, let me rephrase that

it's the list of people i'm comfortable with other people townreading

What makes you comfortable with Cabd townreads?

Idic
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:42 am

I can see why cabd might be strongly townread in a neighborhood if he's doing stuff there. i'm trying to quantify the phrase "someone who really had no reason to be accused".
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:44 am

Post by Bookitty »

I would like to hear from Flubber on this.

Also, SMP, the person you're not naming who was accused by Flubber is not you, right? It's someone else, correct?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
SMP
SMP
Goon
SMP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:45 am

Post by SMP »

In post 2540, Bookitty wrote:I would like to hear from Flubber on this.

Also, SMP, the person you're not naming who was accused by Flubber is not you, right? It's someone else, correct?

Yea, it's someone else.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:45 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 2535, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:idk man i was posting in the game during lunch

do you have time to talk tonight?

I like to sound things out loud.

I probably do yes. Depends if penguin and I end up going out with her work buddies or not.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:21 am

Going to post some of the cheetory case. When I give page numbers, you have to sort posts by author to get the pages I use.

In cheetory’s catchup post he accuses me of certain things which he paints as scummy. Which would be fine except we found that he actually does these things as town.

In post 1670, Cheetory6 wrote:
orcinus

#607 feels like a fucking stretch in a few places. I get this feeling from orcinus's posts that he cares about how people are thinking about him in a self-centered way.

orcinus wrote:so are you scumreading me or not

More self-centered posting.

In post 1766, Cheetory6 wrote:I feel like you asking someone for their read on you is pretty scummy

And yet,, in Cheetory’s towngame http://www.d2forums.net/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=170, he actually does the same thing

“Hey Alt. Try and read me.”
- Cheet, p24
“Also people should look at me too because I post a lot and should be a topic of interest.”
-Cheet, p27
Which is all hilariously hypocritical.

Moreover, we have this quote
In post 1670, Cheetory6 wrote:
orcinus wrote:This is my MO as town

Self-meta q.q stahp.

While in that same game,
“My explanation of doing things for info matches my meta pretty hard”
- Cheet, p24
So this is hypocritical again and cheet is fabricating reasons to scumread me.

He voted lynx, who has been a backup vote all game, but in this towngame http://www.d2forums.net/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=100, we have
“I think there’s some merit to being cautious about pushing a lynch on someone who’s consistently on the chopping block.”
-Cheet, p11
So he’s treating easy lynches differently in this game than in the town games we’ve been meta’ing.

I’ve ignored multiple questions from Cheet this game, the act of which was ignored by Cheet. However in his towngames, Cheet follows up his questions viciously
“Also, don’t fucking ignore me:”
-Cheet, p11
So in that vein it feels sort of like Cheet isn’t following up his lines of questioning as well as he should be.

Cheet is also a very reaction-heavy player in the game I’ve seen. Ie he says
“Why did I push a Dragon-wagon?
i) I like reactions.”
-Cheet p12
And many many variants of this in the games I’ve read. However, this game he accuses me of being “bandwagony”, which is again not in line with his town mindset.

and the whole “I’m a replacement who fucked up” (ie ) rings like posturing to me. In this game, cheet pushed a wagon on town, told vig to shoot another, and then proceeded to wagon two town PRs. And yet he stayed aggressive, never cast self-doubt or diminished his town skills in any way.

We’ve also many points on tone. From my analysis, cheetory is much more likely to mince sentences and waffle as scum. His sentences as town are very direct, very aggressive. It is very much easier to follow. It’s hard for me to explain this directly, but take the post starting with “weeee” on http://www.d2forums.net/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=130. You can read the entire iso as well if you want. It’s a far removal from the weak (sometimes nonexistent) opinions he’s been giving this game.

It’s hard for me to quantify the exact tones he uses as scum which resonate as being minced. But I think it’s pretty easy to find. Here are a few representative quotes.

Spoiler: scumquotes
-My logical part of me thinks that they could easily be scum and using the hydra thing to excuse missteps.
-You know what? Fuck it.
Vote: Young
Convince me why I shouldn't push this.
-I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but seriously, I just do not trust that you feel meh about all these possible lynches while at the same time not even trying to convince people on to Ladd to build a wagon to analyze later. It just feels so weird to me and inconsistent with how you started this game off with that Lyserg wagon for analysis.
-Honestly, I'm kinda torn on this, because there's some small part of me that's like 'maybe Trice was acting weird because she had a PR?' But if I expand that thought, 2200's comments at the end of D1 make even less sense to me if he was a townPR. Why draw attention to yourself with such passive and indecisive comments if you have a PR? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I at least see a big difference between cheetory's scumgame and towngame where confidence is concerned.

Furthermore, he’s easily blown off his questioning here which is not a marker of his town game. He backs off far too easily here.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:27 am

There are a few points of interest in my metadive that don't seem like they correspond with this game but I'm saving them for later.

I also think cheetory not pressing us on our case on him until I brought up is suspect. Cheetory certainly isn't afraid of engagement in the other games, and I find it hard to believe he missed the point in fery's and my argument where her treatment of the cheet case was brought up numerous times
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:31 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 2543, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Furthermore, he’s easily blown off his questioning here which is not a marker of his town game. He backs off far too easily here.

I've noticed this too, I'm pretty sure he asked me some questions I forgot to answer. So related to that:

In post 2543, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
I’ve ignored multiple questions from Cheet this game, the act of which was ignored by Cheet. However in his towngames, Cheet follows up his questions viciously
“Also, don’t fucking ignore me:”
-Cheet, p11

Is this the only instance of behavior like this? I also want to look at this in context personally.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:43 am

the quote i gave was from http://www.d2forums.net/viewtopic.php?f ... re#p308932

also from that game http://www.d2forums.net/viewtopic.php?f ... re#p309440
"Ratchet and Rionok should look over Lyserg.

Ratchet especially because fuck you don't ignore me."

look at the reputation cheet has offsite: http://www.d2forums.net/viewtopic.php?f ... re#p276703
"Well no kidding I was being pressured from Cheet and it's not like I can ignore him. Aggressive and argumentative only because Cheet was too so it's not like I can control that." -Fugoy
Same post "*Reminder to myself to come back to this once Lyserg has responded*"

http://www.d2forums.net/viewtopic.php?f ... er#p315358
"If you seriously think I'm that easily pressured and just made up that response to try and shut down a silly RVS vote you're underestimating how much I overthink this game. Answer my questions."

http://www.d2forums.net/viewtopic.php?f ... er#p295237
"Ehsan is sidelining. Great.
You didn't answer my questions.
Don't make me hurt you Ehsan."
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:47 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Confidence in my towngame is also based on whether I get strong gutvibes that someone is scum and whether I'm comfortable with the playerlist.

orcinus wrote:So this is hypocritical again and cheet is fabricating reasons to scumread me.

I didn't call your selfmeta scummy here, I was more just expressing that selfmeta isn't really a valid defense. I'm an idiot for using it too, but I fail to see how me being stupid makes me scum.

orcinus wrote:“Hey Alt. Try and read me.”
- Cheet, p24
“Also people should look at me too because I post a lot and should be a topic of interest.”
-Cheet, p27
Which is all hilariously hypocritical.

It's fucking different though. You were asking someone who you thought was suspicious of you if they were scumreading you. I was trying to start conversation in both of those instances. This is fucking hard misrep dude.

orcinus wrote:Furthermore, he’s easily blown off his questioning here which is not a marker of his town game. He backs off far too easily here.

Explained reasoning behind not pushing a single line of questioning here. Said player I questioned in that game was someone who had no potential explanation for completely ignoring reading someone when I'd asked them to and they'd entirely ignored me. If you can't see the difference there then I don't even know what the fuck to tell you at this point.

orcinus wrote:So he’s treating easy lynches differently in this game than in the town games we’ve been meta’ing.

This is a big game in which the deadline is winding down and I want flips to solidify reads.

This is why applying meta too hard is bullshit because you're wrong. Lol. I honestly just want to get to L-2, claim, and if you don't believe me by then just be free from this game.

P-Edit: holy fuck dude, ignoring questions is different than you giving a roundabout answer that I expected you to eventually explain. Seriously. What the fuck
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:47 am

Whoops the last quote is from a scumgame. The others are all from towngames though so...

I can look for more if you want?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:50 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

STD is the scummiest person to bandwagon this atm.
No engagement with me. He's just talking with orci about it and pushing forward his own terrible reasoning in a way that feels like he's trying to seem like he's contributing.
If I get lynched please give him shit D3.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”