Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:40 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 242, Sakura Hana wrote:
If you're gonna use meta against me at least do your research properly.
so you go from strong defensive, to oh well lynch me:
In post 259, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 257, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Smudger/sakura/deckard is a little weird just b/c 4/5/6.
just kill me, and good luck Town.
don't get it tbh.

In post 254, Elyse wrote:201 by Smudger is a slight improvement of Deckard, but giving a list of complete reads is something that bothers me. If you are town, it gives scum a roadmap as to who they should NK and who they can mislynch.
Good point had never thought about it in that way, so why do people push for players to give their reads? and should we be considering those who do, or at least the reasons behind them asking?

e.g.
In post 163, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Hey, so um, I'd kindof like smudger to say what reads he's gotten so far.
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:46 pm

Post by Smudger »

UNVOTE:

Yesterday welcome, so far a greater improvement on Stryker.
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:57 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 269, Xdaamno wrote:Oh yeah. I messed up on the first quote. Was I trying to trick you...?

Incidentally, I was discussing a particular scumtell with my friend yesterday. My opinion is that things which could be
construed
as scummy, but aren't really, are jumped on by scum more often. Now, whether or not my post was objectionable, I hope it's obvious that a) it was intended as an out-of-game aside, nothing to do with scumhunting or trying to implicate Elyse - what I said is NOT a scumtell on Elyse, and b) I'm a slightly better player than to try and misquote somebody else as Elyse presuming nobody will notice.

My original PBPA of pecan had a lot more posts I found scummy, so I'll review those later if I have time.

(shiiiiiiit so busy)

So this was a test to see who would jump on you and vote? You are saying that your post was deliberately constructed by you to highlight the discussion between you and your friend on scum tells? So during your conversation did you discuss the possibility that town would jump on the same types of posts, in particular if they were actively looking and saw an opportunity to question a player about their play? What I get as a flip to your discussion is that you are suggesting players should ignore these types of posts if town as they could easily be branded as scum by those who have bought into this theory?
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

Wait up, slow down - my post wasn't a trap. As I said, it was an out-of-game aside.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:36 pm

Post by Smudger »

that is how your follow up post reads to me

you start out with "Oh yeah. I messed up on the first quote. Was I trying to trick you...?"

was I trying to trick you...? a question, was that a true question? or in fact rhetorical when considered against the following paragraph? thus the inference I picked up on
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:11 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

Okay, fair enough. But no, I did actually misquote her.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:15 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

(it was a rhetorical Q)
Cracking Idea Mafia
Yesterday
Yesterday
Goon
Yesterday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:15 pm

Post by Yesterday »

Smudger, I don't read Xdamnoos post that way at all, I read his initial post merely as a "This is a game don't be so serious, relax a bit" post that has nothing to do with alignment other than "Game is meant for fun" and then his follow up response to PPP being that PPP is misconstruing his post to be something that it's not.

Finished re-reading Smudger, still dislike the amount of mechanical-discussion posting but I think his frustration with Mutleys lack of contribution is genuine for instance in he's trying to get a read on Mutley rather than attempting to push a mslynch on him. His explanation behind his reads are very understandable, specifically I like his "Slight tipping town but can't put a finger on it" type comment about Albaska in since that's how I often feel as town but never have said/felt as scum. Also think the "more scum reads than in the game" is a comment scum would avoid making given that it can be twisted to use as ammunition to push against themselves whereas town aren't afraid to state they have excessive numbers of scum-reads.

Gone through Deckard again and I still hate his initial posts, very very filler based and is a leading question to Mutley that allows him the potential to move to vote him in the future without really analysing his alignment and the question makes less sense given that Deckard himself RVS'ed in . Difference between the Mutley, Cade, Sakura ect. type reads in is rather bad and if Sakura does flipp scum which I still think she will he fits perfectly as a partner. Also hate how he's lurked through the last few days with his profile here showing that he was online two days after his last post but didn't post here; points towards lurking scum given that he hasn't garnered much attention and just coasting through waiting for my slot to be mslynched.

Decided to go over Alabaska again, his reads genuine, like his 'regardless of your alignment you got the ball rolling so congrats' doesn't feel like something scum would say, also like his 'want to be more confident before voting' type stance and like that he pointed out Cades opportunistic vote in . Still like his stance and explanation re; policy lynching so more confident he's town now and looking forward to the catch-up post.

So right now I'd say Beli, Mutley, YTWC, Sive, Elyse, Smudger, Alabaska are town and lean towards Sakura, TMT, Cade and Deckard being scum with the need to still go back over PPP and Xdamamno when I get spare time in the next few hours.
Yesterday
Yesterday
Goon
Yesterday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:33 pm

Post by Yesterday »

I think I just hit the jackpot, sorry if this seems messy but notice this:

Playerlist:

Belisarius
Mutleyddmc
Smudger
Your Troubles Will Cease
Sakura Hana
Siveure DtTrikyp
pieceofpecanpie
Alabaska J
*Xdaamno Moon
TMTOLBTWNTOF
Elyse Crimml
Deckard
*Cade
Yesterday Stryker

And Deckards reads list order in :

Belisarius
Mutleyddmc
Smudger
Your Troubles Will Cease
Siveure DtTrikyp
pieceofpecanpie
Alabaska J
Xdaamno
TMTOLBTWNTOF
Crimml
Cade
Stryker
Sakura Hana

He's left his scum partner until last to state a read on while doing everyone else in the OP's order.
Yesterday
Yesterday
Goon
Yesterday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:40 pm

Post by Yesterday »

I mean at this point I'm very very certain it's Sakura + Deckard; happy to lynch either today and the other tomorrow (In fact Deckard might be the optimal lynch given he's #7th on the draft list whereas Sakura is #14 therefore he's more likely a scum PR than she is but want others opinions on this first). It's just about working out the third scum which is either TMT, Cade or one of PPP/Xddamno who I'll re-read soon.
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:43 pm

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

In post 271, Yesterday wrote:Bleh, I really don't like PPP's lack of commenting on my replace in given that I've replaced who was his big scum-read, the switch without saying "Okay, yeah I was wrong on X" or anything of the sort feels like leaving the option to move back at a later time and dislike the complete ignorance of the Sakura case and her reaction.
I've been really, really busy lately.

If I hadn't made that clear already, consider this my post to say that I haven't been able to involve myself anywhere near as much as I would like to have over the past few days. Is there something you want me to look at? Or are you just idly trying to sling some dirt my way? My #216 makes things reasonably clear.

I believe Xdaamno's response in #269 is really suss and flailing. If anyone is making opportunistic pokes it's him. Now it just look like someone trying to bluff their way out of a bad situation. My vote stays.

pedit: I haven't read over the last few posts.
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Yesterday
Yesterday
Goon
Yesterday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:47 pm

Post by Yesterday »

In post 285, pieceofpecanpie wrote:If I hadn't made that clear already, consider this my post to say that I haven't been able to involve myself anywhere near as much as I would like to have over the past few days. Is there something you want me to look at? Or are you just idly trying to sling some dirt my way? My #216 makes things reasonably clear.
Timing of posts and "I'm busy ect." statements are hard to grasp upon replacing in; that said I still didn't like your attack on Xdamno, it ignores a lot of what's gone on and is very weak; while you might be 'busy' and have 'limited time' your post shows you've read the thread and it only takes an extra minute or two to comment on alternative content. There is something in particular that I want you to read and that's Deckard and Sakura individually, their interactions and mentions of each other (Specifically Deckard calling her null for reasons he's called other scum) and the reads list order not matching that I pointed out above.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:06 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

We have some good contributions from Yesterday, but I don't agree entirely with his reads.

Yesterday, what are you implying with the playerlist post specifically?
Cracking Idea Mafia
Yesterday
Yesterday
Goon
Yesterday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:09 pm

Post by Yesterday »

In post 287, Xdaamno wrote:Yesterday, what are you implying with the playerlist post specifically?
I thought it was crystal clear? Every name in his reads list is in the EXACT same order as the OP reads list other than Sakura. That means when making his reads he had the OP reads list and followed it but decided to leave Sakura to later. There's no reason for him as town to leave Sakura to later but there is as scum; him not being sure on how to read his partner and deciding it based on how many scum-reads he can state elsewhere ect.

Also what reads of mine do you disagree with?
Mutleyddmc
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:15 pm

Post by Mutleyddmc »

I'm so convinced on deckard and sakura scum right now tbf
Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:08 am

Post by Jennifer »

Vote Count 1.12
Cade
: Mutleyddmc (L-7)
Mutleyddmc
: Deckard (L-7)
pieceofpecanpie
: Xdaamno (L-7)
Sakura Hana
: Yesterday, Siveure DtTrikyp, Elyse (L-5)
Siveure DtTrikyp
: Alabaska J (L-7)
Yesterday
: Cade, Your Troubles Will Cease (L-6)
TMTOLBTWNTOF
: Belisarius (L-7)
Xdaamno
: pieceofpecanpie

Not Voting (3): Sakura Hana, Smudger, TMTOLBTWNTOF
With 14 alive, it's 8 to lynch.

The deadline is Monday, July 8 in (expired on 2013-07-08 07:00:00).

If you see any errors, please let me know in thread.

Searching for a replacement for Cade now.

Xdaamo is V/LA until Friday, July 5.

Deckard has been prodded.
Deckard
Deckard
Townie
Deckard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:17 am

Post by Deckard »

Welcome to the new players. Quite busy right now but I'm surprised to see I'm a scum candidate? I didn't put Sakura at the end of my list on purpose. Copy/paste issues most likely. If I flip town (though I intend to catch up and defend myself if needed), it doesn't mean Sakura isn't scum.
Yesterday
Yesterday
Goon
Yesterday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:17 am

Post by Yesterday »

Got around to re-reading Xdaamno, I like that while he doesn't agree with Sieuvres reasoning he finds it town in because I'm in a similar boat there. I like the attempt to get meta on Alabaska in , scum generally avoid having to bother doing meta research whereas town happily do it. Think his scum-read on PPP while being weak is something he believes in and find his "was re-reading Sakura yesterday and noticed that" type comment reads as genuine scumunting, decently confident he's town at the moment; want to hear what reads of mine he disagrees with with reasoning behind it though.

I don't like from PPP, the tone of it seems to be stating a slight scum-read on Siv without blatantly saying it and given how I read his initial posts as relatively obvtownish this feels off. I like the insistence behind having a question answered in though. His scum-read on Stryker reads genuine in despite some glaring logical issues (ie. Posting pictures is a playerstyle tell and not an alignment one, his "there's not much point discussing why someone picked 1" clearly being him stating that there's no point overly speculating ie. Stating scum wouldn't pick 1 or town wouldn't pick 1 or that scum wouldn't double up which matches with his prior posts and the case on that is incredibly stretchy and the 'unique number strengthens scum-read" which makes zero sense given that someone attaining a unique number isn't likely to make them town or scum in that case.) His reasoning behind the numbers + reads together in shows deep thought process though and reads town, I still don't like but him being superbusy makes it less bad. Waiting on his response via Deckard and Sakura to get a stronger read on him though but right now I'd still lean towards him being town but it's a very iffy read in comparison to most of my other town-reads.
Yesterday
Yesterday
Goon
Yesterday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:18 am

Post by Yesterday »

In post 291, Deckard wrote:Welcome to the new players. Quite busy right now but I'm surprised to see I'm a scum candidate? I didn't put Sakura at the end of my list on purpose. Copy/paste issues most likely.
If I flip town
(though I intend to catch up and defend myself if needed), it doesn't mean Sakura isn't scum.
Copy paste issues is bullshit, there's no way you copy both things on both sides of it ie. above and below but miss one line. Also the bolded is a scumslip.
Mutleyddmc
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:18 am

Post by Mutleyddmc »

In post 291, Deckard wrote:Welcome to the new players. Quite busy right now but I'm surprised to see I'm a scum candidate? I didn't put Sakura at the end of my list on purpose. Copy/paste issues most likely. If I flip town (though I intend to catch up and defend myself if needed), it doesn't mean Sakura isn't scum.

I don't think the sakura placement is the only reason you are a scum candidate
Yesterday
Yesterday
Goon
Yesterday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:19 am

Post by Yesterday »

Lets go here first given that he's a more likely scum PR and just slipped blatantly:

Vote: Deckard

Sakura tomorrow.
Mutleyddmc
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:19 am

Post by Mutleyddmc »

VOTE: decakrd

I'll go after cade/sakura tomorrorw. Decakrd poor noob scum
Mutleyddmc
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:19 am

Post by Mutleyddmc »

lol yay yesterday
Yesterday
Yesterday
Goon
Yesterday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:23 am

Post by Yesterday »

Sakura tomorrow not Cade, Cade picking #1 is a slight redeeming quality for the slot (Think 1 is slightly more likely to be town picked than scum picked) and Deckards interactions with Sakura (Calling her null for things he called others scum, putting her last on his list) and her play alone makes her supremely more likely scum than Cade. Still think TNT might be the third scum but again should re-read him later and I know it's a weird request but if we won the doctor I'd rather like them to be on me tonight given that I'm high up on the draft and therefore obviously have a PR plus I think I'm a likely night-kill target given catching Deckard/Sakura.
Mutleyddmc
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:26 am

Post by Mutleyddmc »

In post 298, Yesterday wrote:Sakura tomorrow not Cade, Cade picking #1 is a slight redeeming quality for the slot (Think 1 is slightly more likely to be town picked than scum picked) and Deckards interactions with Sakura (Calling her null for things he called others scum, putting her last on his list) and her play alone makes her supremely more likely scum than Cade. Still think TNT might be the third scum but again should re-read him later and I know it's a weird request but if we won the doctor I'd rather like them to be on me tonight given that I'm high up on the draft and therefore obviously have a PR plus I think I'm a likely night-kill target given catching Deckard/Sakura.

I don't like this post

Return to “Completed Open Games”