ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:28 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Dodgy wrote:How can Mick say
Seriously guys, Mariyta is the lynch for today.
Mick changes his vote like the wind and for him to come out and almost instruct the town that Mariyta is our lynch for the day is very rich!
QFT.

At this point I would be happy with an Atticus or MBF lynch. I think MBF's being a bit too self-confident and Atticus is trying to deflect.
FoS: both of them
with a view to a vote soon.

Am preparing a Player-by-Player Analysis to post a bit later.
#greenshirtthursdays
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:17 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I am not feeling a Maryita lynch.

I am torn between SpamWise and Atticus. I find that SpamWise has been most scummy with his "logic" and Atticus with his "temper." Do I think that lame logic is more scummy than a tantrum?

To save the Mod some typing on the next vote count, I will:

unvote
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:45 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

I still am most suspicious of Atticus's current behavior. For example, I don't like the way he seemed to defend spamwise while still voting for him:
Atticus wrote: I think both me and SpamWise are easy lynches at this point, Mariyta, SpamWise has a valid point, at least, reasonable, if not valid.
But kept his vote on spamwise. In his next post, he said:
Atticus wrote:I think Mariyta is getting what she deserves now, and she's being pretty suspicious, but I can't bring myself to vote for her, I mean, yeah.
And still kept his vote on Spamwise.

So he's sort-of defending spamwise, sort-of attacking Maritya who was the #2 bandwagon, and yet keeping his vote on Spamwise?

I understand the Spamwise bandwagon as well, and it makes sense, but my vote is going to stay on Atticus, at least for now.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:13 am

Post by Atticus »

Good job, Yosarian! I had already done to her what is being done, voting her with little reason, I see no reason to do it again, unless she's being more suspicious than SpamWise. It's nice of you to copy SpamWise. It's not nice of you to not pay attention. I'm not defending Spamwise, I showed Mariyta how she was wrong.

Your Logic Sucks.

There is no reason why I wouldn't keep my vote on SpamWise, but you keep saying that, as though its wrong. You're just quoting as though you're smart, and only because you think I'm scum, you think you have a valid point. But there's no reason to vote you, you're just ... way scummy, to me, in my eyes ( but who cares about what my eyes see?) Not merital of even an FoS to me, but just a correction.

And that's okay.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:15 am

Post by Mariyta »

Atticus, some day, you will learn. Some day. Girls are never wrong. We're inherently perfect. 8)
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:17 am

Post by Coron »

Bull.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:21 am

Here’s my player analysis, some parts are longer than others. That’s just how it happened.

Primate:
Early on pulled a ‘let’s bandwagon someone’-‘vote: first person to vote for the suggester’ trick, which is of course fundamentally flawed in that people come online at different times. Defends Mariyta on playstyle grounds. Admits to being a semi-lurker. Rightly points to the Spamwise-DGB-Coron argument as the most interesting period in the game so far. I don’t feel that Primate is suspicious at this point.

Dodgy:
Speaks out against SpamWise, describes quite vehemently why he thinks SW is scummy, then says ‘well, I always find you scummy’ and dismisses it again. I don’t like this – if you always find someone scummy, act on your suspicions. It’s their problem that they give you scum tells. I also was a little concerned about him being so friendly with Mariyta about their previous game. I make a point of it, he asks a question of it, I answer, and he…well, actually he doesn’t bring it up again.
Dodgy wrote: Well either that or they are just bloody lurking!
Distancing yourself from lurkers by publicly damning them? (Note: I don’t consider this a
strong
point against Dodgy but I felt I should include it.)

Does later act on SpamWise suspicions. I feel better about him as a result. Then selectively quotes Primate (although mistaking him for Erotomachia). I’m not as suspicious of this as I was earlier, as re-reading Primate’s full post I got the same sort of worry that Dodgy expressed.

I agree wholeheartedly with his views on MBF recently. At the moment I am not really suspicious of Dodgy but I am watching him more carefully than others I feel the same way about. I am also unsure as to why my analysis of him is so much longer than everybody else's.

Atticus:
Suggests a Primate-Mariyta scum partnership
very
early on. Then says it would have looked scummy if it wasn’t so early. Is a keen user of the ‘I always look scummy’ ploy. It’s
your
problem to solve. I feel Atticus is defensive, quick to jump to conclusions and likes to ask overly-dramatic questions of people. One of the most ping-happy on my scumdar.
FoS: Atticus

Mikeburnfire (rep. delvar):
Votes an alarming number of different people in quick succession before saying ‘Mariyta is the lynch!!!!!one’. I thought his posts were good earlier on but am becoming more suspicious.
FoS: MBF

Mariyta:
Mariyta wrote: And there's something wrong with commenting on something I thought was cool but may not directly effect the game?
Yes, if that’s the majority of your posts. Seriously, over 50% of your contribution to this game has been random voting and irrelevant chatter. Despite my uncomfort with MBF I agree that you are suspicious, much more after going through your posts than just reading the game as it unfolds.
FoS: Mariyta

DrippingGoofball (rep. Boddah):
I didn’t like her talk about masons immediately after she replaced in. She also says she is torn between SpamWise and Atticus despite not very long before that saying she’d rather Atticus didn’t claim on a gut feeling. I understand gut feelings can change but you did not give any indication between these posts that your feelings regarding to Atticus were changing at all. I have a vague gut feeling that she is town but I trust my head a bit more than my gut.
FoS: DrippingGoofball

Yosarian2:
Yosarian is the player along with Coron that I feel most confident of his pro-town-ness. I agree with a number of his points and don’t feel he has shown any scummy signs.

SpamWise:
Made me cringe a couple of times, mostly when he saved Primate’s behind but I feel it’s the sort of mistake I myself would have made. Read into that what you will, though… =/

Coron:
I am not suspicious of Coron. I have read a few games in which he played and I don’t feel his playstyle is either particularly scummy or different to usual.

FierceDeity:
Lurking in the extreme. Earlier he said he wasn’t suspicious of anyone – scummy, but at the time I was having a hard time forming opinions too. My gut says he’s lurking because the game is a bit lost on him.

Erotomachia:
Suffered from vague bouts of lurking. At this point I remain undecided on him.

So, to sum up, I am suspicious of (in no particular order):

DrippingGoofball
Mariyta
MBF
Atticus

Out of those, I am most worried about the latter two. Atticus has been the most common pinger of the scumdar though so I am happy to
Vote: Atticus
at least for the time being.
#greenshirtthursdays
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:23 am

Post by Mariyta »

ChannelDelibird wrote:
Mariyta:
Mariyta wrote: And there's something wrong with commenting on something I thought was cool but may not directly effect the game?
Yes, if that’s the majority of your posts. Seriously, over 50% of your contribution to this game has been random voting and irrelevant chatter. Despite my uncomfort with MBF I agree that you are suspicious, much more after going through your posts than just reading the game as it unfolds.
Meh. Everyone says that about me in every game, but I'm not going to change who I am just to please a bunch of people I don't know. Get used to it.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:25 am

Mariyta wrote:
ChannelDelibird wrote:
Mariyta:
Meh. Everyone says that about me in every game, but I'm not going to change who I am just to please a bunch of people I don't know. Get used to it.
I can understand your view, but if you want to play Mafia, play it well and not get lynched, it's the sort of thing you need to address.
#greenshirtthursdays
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:33 am

Post by Mariyta »

Ooorrrr I could just enjoy myself and not care. :)
-Susan Ertz

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:36 am

Mariyta wrote:Ooorrrr I could just enjoy myself and not care. :)
If you don't make an effort to play well it reduces everyone else's enjoyment of the game. Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely fine with you making fun posts, as long as you have significantly more relevant contribution to go with it. I fail to see how not caring if people lynch you because you're scummy is going to lead to you enjoying the game experience though.
#greenshirtthursdays
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:41 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Atticus wrote:Good job, Yosarian! I had already done to her what is being done, voting her with little reason, I see no reason to do it again, unless she's being more suspicious than SpamWise. It's nice of you to copy SpamWise. It's not nice of you to not pay attention. I'm not defending Spamwise, I showed Mariyta how she was wrong.

There is no reason why I wouldn't keep my vote on SpamWise, but you keep saying that, as though its wrong. You're just quoting as though you're smart, and only because you think I'm scum, you think you have a valid point. But there's no reason to vote you, you're just ... way scummy, to me, in my eyes ( but who cares about what my eyes see?) Not merital of even an FoS to me, but just a correction.

And that's okay.

I certanly was paying attention. And I'm certanly not "copying spamwise"; if I remember correctly, I think I was suspicious of you before he was. I'm just pointing out that you keep giving me more and more reasons to doubt you.

Now, if person A attacks person B, and you vocally disagree with person A's attack, then you are defending person B. Period. If you thought spamwise was scum, why would you try to counter other people's attacks on him? Just dosn't make sense; it looks like you were trying to have it both ways, which is a scum tell.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:27 am

Post by Atticus »

Everything
can be a scum-tell unless you're the one issuing scum-tells. I mean nothing by that, except that you can say that me saying that is a scum-tell. Which would be outrageous. I also note, Yosarian, that you left out part of my wonderful post in your quote.

Mariyta, you say girls are never wrong, but I tell you, scum are always wrong, and if you're scum, you lied (but then that's okay, because scum are always wrong.)

ChanneDelibird, I do not see how you can say I ask overly dramatic questions of people. Point out two instances, please.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:46 am

Post by Mariyta »

Atticus wrote:Mariyta, you say girls are never wrong, but I tell you, scum are always wrong, and if you're scum, you lied (but then that's okay, because scum are always wrong.) .
It was a joke........
-Susan Ertz

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:29 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Votes an alarming number of different people in quick succession before saying ‘Mariyta is the lynch!!!!!one’. I thought his posts were good earlier on but am becoming more suspicious.
I admit, I'm not paying attention anymore.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
FierceDeity
FierceDeity
Townie
FierceDeity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:38 pm

Post by FierceDeity »

Ok, I think I'm finally able to get back in. Sorry for the lurking, but I've been so majorly swamped with homework. :(
Unvote
for now. Lemme read through some of the more recent posts and I'll get back.
Just because I'm paranoid dosen't mean they're not out to get me.
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:40 pm

Post by Dodgy »

CD wrote
I am also unsure as to why my analysis of him is so much longer than everybody else's.
Maybe cos you fancy me CD? LOL
:wink:
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
FierceDeity
FierceDeity
Townie
FierceDeity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:43 pm

Post by FierceDeity »

Ok, I'm going to
Vote: Atticus
his aggressiveness is a bit too scummy for me. And if he really does act scummy in every game, it's probably better for the town if he's gone.

I wouldn't want a lynch-happy townie on my team.
Just because I'm paranoid dosen't mean they're not out to get me.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:48 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

The deadline is let than 72 hours away...time for an 9th Vote Count of DOOM:

4 - Atticus (Yosarian2, Primate, ChannelDelibird, FierceDeity)

3 - SpamWise (Dodgy, Atticus, Mariyta)
3 - Mariyta (SpamWise, Coron, mikeburnfire)

Not voting: Erotomachia, DrippingGoofball

votes needed before deadline to lynch: 7
If the deadline was now, result will be: Atticus lynched
Last edited by Machiavellian-Mafia on Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The end justifies the means.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:40 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

It looks like we'll be lynching one of the 3 people listed above. I don't agree with an Atticus or Mariyta lynch, but I certainly would not be against lynching SpamWise.

I agree that Atticus displayed some especially questionable reasoning early in the game and then clearly overreacted to DGB. I understand the rationale for voting against him, but I don't really think he's scum. He seems like the
too
obvious choice. I don't think Mariyta is a good choice simply because she likes to add a bit a humour into the game every now and then.

At the moment I suspect SpamWise and mikeburnfire.

I'll put my vote where my suspicions lie.

Vote: SpamWise
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:58 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Meh. In order or suspicion...

Mariyta
Atticus
Spamwise

Keep my vote where it is for now.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:56 pm

Atticus wrote:ChanneDelibird, I do not see how you can say I ask overly dramatic questions of people. Point out two instances, please.
Atticus wrote:
Or,
here's the kicker, did you mean something else?
The wording here seemed
very
overdramatic to me. This is the main instance that I was referring to.
Atticus wrote:Primate and Mariyta scum?
In your fourth post. Seemed to me like you were trying to come in and suddenly already solve the mystery.
#greenshirtthursdays
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:18 pm

Post by SpamWise »

You can lynch me if you want, but I'd rather we all lynched Mariyta. If only to remove the singular female in this game.
"The sky will cover you when you fall down"
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:45 am

Post by Mariyta »

SpamWise wrote:You can lynch me if you want, but I'd rather we all lynched Mariyta. If only to remove the singular female in this game.
Now that's just not cool.
-Susan Ertz

Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:18 am

Post by Atticus »

One is sarcasm and second one is a joke, possibly spring to your mind? And if you'll note, the second question you have there wasn't directed at anybody. and as for the first one, since when is "What do you mean by that post" overly-dramatic?

Now if you call that one overly-dramtic, that's okay.
Atticus wrote: Mariyta, you say girls are never wrong, but I tell you, scum are always wrong, and if you're scum, you lied (but then that's okay, because scum are always wrong.) .
It was a joke........
I was joking, too.

Mikeburnfire, not paying attention, eh? Very strange, it is, when people don't pay attention, especially when they're trying to get everyone to lynch one person.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”