toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:56 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 273, iraonavp wrote:
In post 263, toolenduso wrote:Your utter inability to understand what I'm saying might be because you're town.

I'll have to consider that a little further though.

I do not exactly understand this perspective. In this example, how would davesaz's utter inability to understand what you're saying make him more likely to be town-aligned?

I would think that town-aligned players could misunderstand as easily as scum-aligned players, and I'm not sure if your post was some kind of offhand and sarcastic comment.

I was proposing a scum explanation for his actions: that he was trying to undermine people's townreads and make people look scummy so that they could be mislynched, as opposed to genuinely scumhunting.

When he replied to it, his response was something like: "like that doesn't even make sense because my motivation was to find scum."

In other words, he gave a town explanation as an alternative to my scum explanation. But he did it in such a way that it looked like he couldn't see things from my perspective at all -- instead of considering what his actions would look like from the point of view of somebody who doesn't know whether he's town (me), he seemed only capable of considering his actions from the point of view of somebody who knows he's town. That only makes sense if he's town.

But then he said that he did understand my arguments, which kind of contradicts my theory.

I've been thinking about it some more, though, and I'm starting to feel like the underlying point might still stand on its own -- that dave has displayed the perspective of somebody who knows they're town (as opposed to trying to convince others they're town).

I wanna go through his ISO once more I think.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:06 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

Vote Count: 1.4

Cinnamon is one of the oldest spices known. It was mentioned in the Bible and was used in ancient Egypt not only as a beverage flavoring and medicine, but also as an embalming agent. It was so highly treasured that it was considered more precious than gold.

hawkleader3 - (0)
Soapbar - (0)
FA_Q2 - (1) Syndesis
MoosyDoosy - (1) MoosyDoosy
toolenduso - (1) TheCow
TheCow - (0)
Metrion - (0)
Swordsworth - (1) Soapbar
BirdythePhoenix - (0)
iraonavp - (0)
Chaotic Neutrality - (0)
Syndesis - (1) Chaotic Neutrality
davesaz - (1) toolenduso

Not voting: BirdythePhoenix, davesaz, iraonavp, Metrion, FA_Q2, hawkleader3, Swordsworth

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Mod Notes: Metrion V/LA until Monday, Swordsworth V/LA until Sunday.

Day 1 ends: (expired on 2015-12-27 23:20:59)
Last edited by 3dicerolling on Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:10 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 239, davesaz wrote:We've had a good amount of fireworks with the Hawk runup and claim. I think we should be looking for subtle opportunism getting onto that wagon.

Let me know if you find anything here btw. Unfortunately at least half of the votes on that wagon weren't serious, so I'm not sure whether it'll actually yield anything but I'm interested to see if you find anything that hasn't been highlighted yet.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Metrion
Metrion
Goon
Metrion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:15 am

Post by Metrion »

Okay from my initial read through I'm thinking TheCow is fairly town, especially after that vote on Tool. Not necessarily because he is correct but I feel like Town would make a bolder move such as this especially because of his attitude and lack of prep.

Reversely I'm more scum reading Soap. He's not been brought up to much in a negative way, and he seems rather mainstream in his contributions to the thread, otherwise he has done little in the form of questions and role theory. I'd like for them to post more for sure.
Soapbar
Soapbar
Goon
Soapbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:29 pm

Post by Soapbar »

V/LA until Wednesday-Thursday

I might be able to post from my phone, but that's a big might since I'm not sure how shitty my Grandpa's internet is going to be
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:23 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 278, toolenduso wrote:
In post 239, davesaz wrote:We've had a good amount of fireworks with the Hawk runup and claim. I think we should be looking for subtle opportunism getting onto that wagon.

Let me know if you find anything here btw. Unfortunately at least half of the votes on that wagon weren't serious, so I'm not sure whether it'll actually yield anything but I'm interested to see if you find anything that hasn't been highlighted yet.

hawkleader3 - (6) Davesaz, Syndesis, Swordsworth, MoosyDoosy, iraonavp, FA_Q2 L-1

My vote was RVS.
Syndesis was a naked vote, followed up with "caught scum please sheep" after Hawk replied to it.
Swordsworth piles on with a comment that claims it's RVS, but then says he doesn't understand
MoosyDoosy comes on with the "might as well" post and asks Swordsworth for a explanation
iraonavp's vote had a reason.
FA_Q2 - vote has a reason and I have no reason to suspect

Syndesis vote had all the hallmarks of a reaction test, and iraonavp and FA_Q2 both gave concrete reasoning. If there is scum my bet is on Swordsworth or MoosyDoosy.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:23 pm

Post by Syndesis »

Why does giving a reason make a vote less suspect?
and yet the flower blooming / both winter and death defies
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:50 pm

Post by davesaz »

OK, I like that question. If it had been a bad reason, I would have jumped on it. So it's more correct to say reasons which make sense, at least.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:14 am

Post by Chaotic Neutrality »

That makes no sense. Scum can make up reasons just as easily as town could, and they'll often look better because they're paying attention to how people read them.

Placement of the votes and motivation matter a hundred times more than reason.
There is no good or evil. There is only fun and boring.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:02 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

Replacing BirdyThePhoenix.
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:40 am

Post by hawkleader3 »

Don't prod. I'm still keeping up with it all. I may make a post about my interpretations of everything tonight, but so far. Nothing has really jumped at me except for TheCow's vote for no reason
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:58 am

Post by Syndesis »

I find myself adrift in this game.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:13 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 279, Metrion wrote:Okay from my initial read through I'm thinking TheCow is fairly town, especially after that vote on Tool. Not necessarily because he is correct but I feel like Town would make a bolder move such as this especially because of his attitude and lack of prep.

Is that the only reason, or do you have more?
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:23 am

Post by Chaotic Neutrality »

Let's discuss Scum Moosy. He's super scum. Why is he still alive?
There is no good or evil. There is only fun and boring.
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:26 am

Post by TheCow »

In post 289, Chaotic Neutrality wrote:Let's discuss Scum Moosy. He's super scum. Why is he still alive?

If you want to dayvig him, be my guest.

I'm liking this comfy toolenduso wagon rn, it has heated seats
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 284, Chaotic Neutrality wrote:That makes no sense. Scum can make up reasons just as easily as town could, and they'll often look better because they're paying attention to how people read them.

Placement of the votes and motivation matter a hundred times more than reason.

I don't like this post one bit.

You cast doubt on Dave's statement but fail to complete your statement. If placement mattered so much more then why did you not bother to address those that jumped on where you consider scummy placement? I would also state you are completely incorrect. Placement matters but scum can just as easily manipulate that as they can come up with reasoning. Reasoning is a powerful tool for town - as the game rolls on scum tend to reveal themselves with inconsistent reasoning and in the motivations behind those reasons.

Speaking of which:
In post 275, TheCow wrote:
In post 270, Soapbar wrote:
In post 269, TheCow wrote:VOTE: toolendeuso

You uh

Wanna expand on that thought?

not really but i probably have to later

No, you really need to now. A vote is worthless without something behind it to get more people to vote.
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by MoosyDoosy »

In post 289, Chaotic Neutrality wrote:Let's discuss Scum Moosy. He's super scum. Why is he still alive?

Personally I'd rather die as well.

btw, how long can you be afk before you're replaced?
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:19 pm

Post by MoosyDoosy »

Meh, might as well put in some effort before I go afk. I'd prefer if Swordsworth or FA_Q2 get lynched for today. I'd like it if ChaoticNeutrality can give some reasons behind his thoughts rather than soft pushing people and trying to get others to make reasons for him. iranoavp or whatever his name is needs to be looked at again. And by that, I mean his ISO. I said he was no-lynch pile for today but that may change. His vote onto hawkleader3 might have been an opportunity to jump onto an easy wagon and his subsequent jump onto the next popular wagon with terrible reasoning was highly suspect.

If people would discuss what I've said that would be great.

btw, I am Mafia attempting to point people in all the wrong directions so there's actually no need to listen to what I've been saying.
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by MoosyDoosy »

In post 287, Syndesis wrote:I find myself adrift in this game.

This may be the only sane person in this thread other than myself.
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by MoosyDoosy »

In post 253, Chaotic Neutrality wrote:Example: Moosy is scummy and Tools defense of him feels scummy.

so where exactly has toolenduso defended me?
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by Syndesis »

You know you can ask for replacement, right?
Metrion
Metrion
Goon
Metrion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:10 pm

Post by Metrion »

In post 288, davesaz wrote:
In post 279, Metrion wrote:Okay from my initial read through I'm thinking TheCow is fairly town, especially after that vote on Tool. Not necessarily because he is correct but I feel like Town would make a bolder move such as this especially because of his attitude and lack of prep.

Is that the only reason, or do you have more?

Well TheCow strikes me more as Town through his actual effort (even stating so in such a cool manor that makes me think he isn't specifically trying to appear as such) and pushing forward. From what I gather so far he's my strongest read of the bunch, but in the land of the blind the one eyed king rules and all that jazz.
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by TheCow »

ye if there's a dayvig out there, pls shoot moosy
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:46 pm

Post by hawkleader3 »

VOTE: TheCow

Until he explains the vote on Tool. He has been asked to explain his vote twice and has ignored this question once.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”