TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2800 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:51 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 2794, Homiletic Homunculi wrote:
What even is the reasoning for TWIE being scum that's being pushed right now? That he's not scumhunting? Why is that not coming from trolltownTWIE?
He's clearly not playing like he was in Survivor,
so I'm kind of just left thinking that people are annoyed at him being abrasive which is a dumb reason to want to lynch him.

this is as terrible a reason to townread me as the reverse was to scumread me.

jsyk
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Homiletic Homunculi
Homiletic Homunculi
Goon
Homiletic Homunculi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2801 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:52 am

Post by Homiletic Homunculi »

In post 2786, Cephrir wrote:
In post 2782, Espsyoncheage wrote:I'm not gonna argue with you so unless you are going to consider any sort of responses to your confirm biased ISO dive, please don't even bother Ceph. You already think I'm scum how are you going to find anything new that you hadn't before? You even going to reconsider your bad read? If the answer is no, then all you would be doing is cluttering the thread with your nonsense (and my nonsense).

my objective would be to convince others to vote for you, not to convince you that you're scum. you already know that!

In post 2789, Cephrir wrote:goddammit bert, trust me one game. one. you always do this.
Homiletic Homunculi
Homiletic Homunculi
Goon
Homiletic Homunculi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2802 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 am

Post by Homiletic Homunculi »

In post 2797, Espsyoncheage wrote:The answer is of course I don't care all that much if he scumreads me or not. It's not about me, it's about him and whether I should reciprocate the scumread or not. You see Wisdom this is how good players play, they don't just yell at the walls, they engage.

you can try to address my issues when i go and dig them up, but they're of such a nature as to be hard to address satisfactorily

i'm not a hyperconfident player and am amost always open to the possibility that im wrong but this will be a hard one to talk me out of for that reason

-Ceph
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #2803 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 am

Post by Bert »

In post 2795, Bacon and Egg wrote:
In post 2791, Bert wrote:I got the impression that you didn't have a good and/or valid reason why TWIE was town D1, you just thought Ricastle was a better lynch. That's the vibe I got in you vs. Titus. "Titus, that doesn't make TWIE scum" when refuting Titus's reasons for TWIE.

How are you sure? TWIE's style could be easily easily fooling you, with how little he directly engages anyone or posts reads in succession. I feel you would know that given how you've seen various people fake stuff like that in past games. Where were those "good reads" that you like of his?

This was already discussed in D1: Why do scum adapt a "i dont give a fuck" playstyle when they can genuinely scumhunt and get townread because it's multiball?

There is zero scum motivation in anything TWIE has done ever. All cases on him amount to people not liking his playstyle.

It's like he's playing to his signature that says "I don't need to look town or act town. Just be town." So he's essentially active lurking and acting like he doesn't care. I could fake that if I wanted and knew I could get away with it. Maybe that's why I've won some scumgames where I was full of active BS, and people like you townread me for it. So essentially that playstyle can be manipulated really easily, and replicated as either alignment. *shrug* :]

Sorta playing devil's advocate but this is kinda where it's at right now
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2804 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:54 am

Post by Bacon and Egg »

youre just being paranoid, he's town
Espsyoncheage
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2805 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:56 am

Post by Espsyoncheage »

In post 2794, Homiletic Homunculi wrote:It's not like I made a post full of things like questions and things you could respond to instead of just constantly calling the read on you bad.
Since you have so much time to show up and awkwardly flail at me instead of actually responding to things, let me just point out things you objectively should be responding to or you can expect me to start actually hardpushing this when I get back:
i) Why did the read on randomidget get dropped entirely?
ii) Why did your vote sit on nothing for such a long time on D1?
iii) Why were you townreading Oversoul and why did you defend him?
iv) Why is agreeing with someone making you feel as though they're town?
v) Why were you more in favour of a policy lynch over a lynch on someone you thought was scum so close to deadline?

The only person who's disagreed with the read on you in any kind of actual substantial way just kind of dropped responding to me on it so I'm kind of just baffled that it feels like the wagon is dissipating in favour of someone who's literally just trying to piss people off and is probably town.

What even is the reasoning for TWIE being scum that's being pushed right now? That he's not scumhunting? Why is that not coming from trolltownTWIE? He's clearly not playing like he was in Survivor, so I'm kind of just left thinking that people are annoyed at him being abrasive which is a dumb reason to want to lynch him.

-Cheet

I'm sure you're going to dismiss all my explanations because you think I'm scum, (incidentally why I ignored your read when it lacked substance and votes) but sure I'll play ball.

i) Not my post or read, I don't feel for him one way or another
ii) It sat on Ricastle and then on Wisdom, but sure let's call those nothing votes. I'm sure there was a period in which we were voting no one, and that happens. We also weren't voting someone this day phase until recently.
iii) Yeah immediately when wgurts made that post I yelled at him for it in our hydra PT. Oversoul doesn't post enough for me to say one way or another it was a relatively minor thing.
iv) Because when players have the same thought processes as me I tend to find them town.
v) Because I'm all for getting rid of players that are a liability and or just unpleasant to play with. Go ask Ceph what I did with shos last game.

And the TWIE vote is again because he is an unpleasant liability at best, and scum at worst. I actually felt he was just scum yesterday, I'll admit he is slowly trending in a more positive direction so we'll see how that goes.
Show
Winners of "
Team Mafia 2015
".
You're such a lame duck wgurts -Bone
And we lied. We're actually Old and Ugly –Aneninen
Speak for yourself Aneninen -wgeurts
Whatever my show now -Bone
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2806 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:57 am

Post by Bacon and Egg »

How is he an unpleasant liability exactly today?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2807 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:59 am

Post by Bert »

In post 2789, Cephrir wrote:goddammit bert, trust me one game. one. you always do this.

our last game you wanted to lynch my lover Flubber who I spent a lot of time talking to, that is why I am reaching out to all those with similar styles to mine this game because I think I can get reads on them before they are too far gone once the game is narrowed down - it will be useful in the case that ZZZX and Mario, etc., are on the chopping block in later stages of the game.

Also BPC flipped scum that game! (just kidding about most of this!) BUT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH things upon things over my head!

IDK whether to trust you or townread you right now! I actually hope you die a peaceful death at night! :twisted:

(Better to spend my time doing that than interacting with most other people who I can't read worth anything, or who can fool me pretty easily)

!!!!!!! :shifty:
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2808 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:00 am

Post by Bacon and Egg »

In post 2695, TheWayItEnds wrote:they're probably town actually.

they're just really bad.

Here. An example of a stance. TWIE argues for MS being town despite how MS has been treating him since the beginning. Do you know why? Because he can see that he is town despite that. Now why does scum do that and doesn't let Seiko push them? Seiko of all people, who are as close to conftown as it gets?

Man, what a liability.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2809 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:02 am

Post by Cephrir »

yeah yeah

i already feel stupid enough about that game thank you, i still think i would have figured it out if mollie didnt cut out before i was ready

but i mostly dont want to talk about that game ever
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Espsyoncheage
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2810 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:03 am

Post by Espsyoncheage »

In post 2799, Bacon and Egg wrote:My point was not "you dont play like mod error Tbone therefore you aren't town". My point is that you trying to manipulate people into thinking you care about working with them holds scum motivation.

I'm not trying to manipulate anyone. I'm trying to do two things, one is not automatically scumread a player just because they are scumreading me, and two I'm trying to develop my own read on Ceph and co. I can kind of look at it objectively because it seems like the problems he has had the most are not with my posts, but with wgurts and Anen's, the scumread is indirectly aimed at me.

There are things I think I consistently do across my town games that are evident here, if I was playing solo I'd probably be townread by more than a few players, I don't know for sure, but that's what it appears like to me. And going back to Mod Error I played pretty terribly, was bitter, and generally unpleasent. I know I am being unpleasent to you (maybe a bit unfairly) but that is because I am frustrated with you just in general. So right now I am trying to work through some of my frustrations, maybe start earning town reads, and look for scum.
Show
Winners of "
Team Mafia 2015
".
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2811 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:03 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1717, Bacon and Egg wrote:yeah im starting to think TWIE could actually be scum with AFB. If this thing is not to attack Generic, then it is to defend AFB.

~Wis
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2812 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:03 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Whoops I dropped that, lemme pick it up.
Espsyoncheage
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2813 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:04 am

Post by Espsyoncheage »

In post 2806, Bacon and Egg wrote:How is he an unpleasant liability exactly today?

Like I just said, that was yesterday, he's starting a more positive trend today. I know I talk in absolutes but I don't play in them.
Show
Winners of "
Team Mafia 2015
".
Espsyoncheage
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2814 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:06 am

Post by Espsyoncheage »

Also Wisdom I'm sorry and I'm gonna try to be nicer to you/about you.
Show
Winners of "
Team Mafia 2015
".
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2815 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:06 am

Post by Bacon and Egg »

In post 2810, Espsyoncheage wrote:
In post 2799, Bacon and Egg wrote:My point was not "you dont play like mod error Tbone therefore you aren't town". My point is that you trying to manipulate people into thinking you care about working with them holds scum motivation.

I'm not trying to manipulate anyone. I'm trying to do two things, one is not automatically scumread a player just because they are scumreading me, and two I'm trying to develop my own read on Ceph and co. I can kind of look at it objectively because it seems like the problems he has had the most are not with my posts, but with wgurts and Anen's, the scumread is indirectly aimed at me.

There are things I think I consistently do across my town games that are evident here, if I was playing solo I'd probably be townread by more than a few players, I don't know for sure, but that's what it appears like to me. And going back to Mod Error I played pretty terribly, was bitter, and generally unpleasent. I know I am being unpleasent to you (maybe a bit unfairly) but that is because I am frustrated with you just in general. So right now I am trying to work through some of my frustrations, maybe start earning town reads, and look for scum.

This whole thing sounds like placation and manipulation.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2816 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:07 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

i need like a narrowing eyes smiley for those last two posts of APs
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Espsyoncheage
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2817 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:07 am

Post by Espsyoncheage »

Shrug, you're gonna see what you want to see, I'm not trying to convince you of anything.
Show
Winners of "
Team Mafia 2015
".
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2818 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:08 am

Post by Bacon and Egg »

In post 2814, Espsyoncheage wrote:Also Wisdom I'm sorry and I'm gonna try to be nicer to you/about you.

said no town ever to me.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2819 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:09 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

pretend i went out and got

fryeyes.gif

and posted it instead of these last 2 posts.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2820 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:10 am

Post by Bert »

In post 2809, Cephrir wrote:
i already feel stupid enough about that game thank you

:cry: nooooo. That game ended before its due date unrelated to your play lol! it was my only retort I stubbornly could churn up to "please trust me one time!" *cue Bieber song*

I actually part-unvoted because I also am paranoid I could be helping a future best mafia performance in this game by just giving easy swing to whichever wagon he/they want. That would be embarrassing mafia history making, and the players in this game are very capable! Gotta step back!

Ricastle wasn't an easy lynch by any means, despite him/her being a new player. I've just gotta be comfortable about Boner being scum before I just park vote all day, so I guess I voted wayyyy to early on D2.

!!

This game is more than a made up dream!
Espsyoncheage
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2821 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:11 am

Post by Espsyoncheage »

In post 2818, Bacon and Egg wrote:
In post 2814, Espsyoncheage wrote:Also Wisdom I'm sorry and I'm gonna try to be nicer to you/about you.

said no town ever to me.

I said nicer from an out of game standpoint, I didn't say I'd entertain or listen to anything you have to say gamewise because I know it is all garbage.
Show
Winners of "
Team Mafia 2015
".
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2822 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:12 am

Post by Bacon and Egg »

you're not saving that now
Espsyoncheage
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2823 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:12 am

Post by Espsyoncheage »

Like I'm pretty sure at this point if we just lynched all your townreads we'd probably win this game.
Show
Winners of "
Team Mafia 2015
".
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg