Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:37 pm

Post by Tigris »

Twilight, but hey why not, not against the rules. :wink:
If there is a vigilante (which sounds extremely likely), I believe he/she should kill tonight, if Yanqush can buy Electra's vote, kill someone other then her, if not, kill her, she is a liability (sorry Electra), unless the vig is absolutely positive they know who the remaining mafia is.
Yanqush
Yanqush
Goon
Yanqush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:28 pm

Post by Yanqush »

Well.... i can't buy electra's vote since i already used it buying SF to vote for stewie
Its spelt with a Q, a Q I tell ya!
[size=92][i]Everything, but not anything, in moderation...[/i][/size]
[size=67]Well..... except maybe mafia.....[/size]
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:29 pm

Post by discer »

Final Vote Count
4 to lynch
Stewie (4): Shadyforce, Tigris, Norinel, Yanqush
Yanqush (1): Electra
No Lynch (1): Stewie

Just as the last sliver of the sun disappears behind the horizon the lynch mob drags Stewie, kicking and screaming, from his house. After several ill fated attempts to escape, it's a wonder the citizens had enough strength left to hoist Stewie up the flagpole. With his last ounce of energy and life, Stewie manages to pull a small revolver from his coat pocket. With a gurgled laugh Stewie points the revolver at Yanqush and............................. "click". As the citizens stare in wonder the old man walks away smiling and jingling six bullets in his hand.

Stewie (Godfather), has been lynched.

IT IS NOW NIGHT.
PLEASE SEND ME YOUR CHOICES.
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:54 pm

Post by discer »

With the coming of dawn the surviving Gamersville citizens gather in the town square and realize that only the old man is missing. Apparently he decided to sleep in.

IT IS NOW DAY.
THREE TO LYNCH.
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
Yanqush
Yanqush
Goon
Yanqush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:06 pm

Post by Yanqush »

Um.... now this is interesting..... our mafia friend decide not to kill any of us.......
or do we Have a role blocker?.... certianly not another doctor?
and who is this old man?... :lol:
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:53 pm

Post by shadyforce »

Ok I think we can say there are 2 more mafia which would counter the wealth of powerful roles on the town side. It is likely there is another doc if this is the case.

By the way, could someone summarize the results of all our cops thus far?

And who the hell is this old man???
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:50 pm

Post by Norinel »

shadyforce wrote:Ok I think we can say there are 2 more mafia which would counter the wealth of powerful roles on the town side. It is likely there is another doc if this is the case.
I don't think the roles we've seen justify more than three mafia total, especially with checks on the roles such as the fool or potentially non-sane cops. (Paranoid and naive cops are worse than townies until they figure out they're paranoid or naive, in which case they basically are townies.)
By the way, could someone summarize the results of all our cops thus far?
IIRC, every cop investigatee that's been posted in the thread, as well as all the claimed cops, are dead.
And who the hell is this old man???
He looks like an NPC who gives roles of the dead to some extent. There's a slight possibility he's actually a role in the game (And maybe the mafia targetted him), but that'd be more complex than the roles we've seen so far.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:44 am

Post by shadyforce »

Ok, I'll do it myself.

rite(cop):

N1-?
Diagnosis: Not a clue.

Kerplunk/PBuG(sibling cop):

N1-CurtainDog=guilty
N2-Stewie=guilty
Diagnosis: Sane/very small chance of paranoia.

Blackhawk/CRiX(retired cop):

N1-?
N2-Kerplunk=innocent
N3-?
Diagnosis:Naive/Sane. I'd give it 30:70.

I think it makes sense that the sibling cop is sane and that one of the other 2 was not sane.

Dead Roles:

rite - Cop (killed Night 1)
Talitha - Doctor (lynched Day 1)
Dourgrim - Nurse (killed Night 2)
Kerplunk - Sibling Cop (lynched Day 2)
blackhawk - Retired Cop (killed Night 3)
CurtainDog - Sibling Henchman (suicide Night 3)
Stewie - Godfather (lynched Day 3)

Roles claimed:

Electra- fool
Norinel-
from the role list

Shadyforce -
not a townie

Tigris-
from the role list, not a townie

Yanqush - politician

Everything accurate?

Now, if we believe Yanqush than there looks like being a role-blocker/protective role of some sort, my role and only 1 mafia left.

If we disbelieve Yanqush and he is scum then the game may be over or there may be one more mafia in which case with one doc/roleblocker/etc, my role and probably one townie.

Of course this all makes the assumption that Electra is what she says she is, which isn't 100 imo, maybe 75%.

Suggestions anyone?
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:00 am

Post by Tigris »

In three of the four minis so far I have been night killed first night twice and in the third game on the second and third night (was blocked the second night). So I guess it wouldn't be a mafia game if someone didn't try to kill me. Too bad I was out of town. :D

Anyhows, no night kill is likely due to the fact that I am a commuter. Not a powerful role by any stretch of the imagination, but it can be useful. At this point, I am somewhat interested in the role names for Shady and Norinel, but I think we can probably end this today (or set up a plan today that will basically end this game). To be completely honest, I personally think that three of the players are nearly definitely good, with only two people with question marks attached to them.

Yanqush- politician+2 mafia, with 6 people left=mafia win, which did not occur, so either quite poor play or is what he claims.

Norinel-good, reasoning being yesterday when the votes were falling, he could have voted for Yanqush, which with Electra and Stewie's votes would have reached before 3 for Stewie, so Yanqush would have been lynched. There is the possibility of a request to Electra to vote for someone else (which may have lead to a mod kill), but that may not have worked, so it would have been risky request at best.

Myself-similar reasoning as Norinel. Plus the only ways someone does not die last night is either if I am the last mafia and withheld a kill, (would be foolish imo, as once the fool votes I could end it with only 4 people, my vote making two and then I wait for deadline), someone else blocked it (highly unlikely imo), or I am telling the truth.

Not going to vote yet, but I think the safest bet is to lynch Electra today, someone (probably myself) dies tonight, and then Yanqush and Norinel finish the game tomorrow by lynching Shady.

Oh and the only way I see it possible to have 4 out of 12 people being mafia is if there is a restriction on voting, ala fool, otherwise a poor day-one lynch and the game could conceivably be over. 9 left, 4 mafia, fool votes for pro-town, mafia bandwagon kills them, game over.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:41 am

Post by shadyforce »

I actually see your point about lynching Electra since she isn't much use for voting identified scum anyway and there is a good chance of there being 4 mafia one of which being a fool.

I do not however agree with you lynching me, for obvious reasons. I wan't to live. Alas, i think it is time for a mass role claim.

You might have guessed my role from my insistance that this was a cop heavy game and my laying out the results of dead cops. Yes I am indeed a
deputy
. I can get all the results for any one dead cops investigations.

Now glancing above I can see 2 candidates: BblackHawk and Rite. 1 result to get for rite, 2 for blackhawk. I am fairly sure that one of them is not sane, and my suspicions tell me that BlackHawk is Naive. (There is also the much smaller possibility that they are both not sane but I'm not going to entertain that possibility.)

Now I'd say that 60% chance BlackHawk is Naive. the reasoning behind this is his second revelation is innocent and his 1st seems to be aswell else he would have let us know what it was. there is the possibility that the 3rd is guilty in which case we've struck gold.

Now with the 10% chance that they are both not sane, that leaves a 30% chance that rite is not sane, or a 70% chance he is sane. But getting only one result (likely to be already dead) and even then being unsure about his sanity directs me back to BlackHawk.

If I get 1 guilty result then BlackHawk is 99% sane (1% random :evil: ). And if either the innocent or guilty are still alive then it's pretty much game won for us.

Anyone got any comments before I proceed.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:51 am

Post by Norinel »

One error on your part: Blackhawk was a backup cop, so he didn't get copness until Night 2, after rite died. That means it's only one result we don't know about, so it's pretty much random. I'd suggest rite, because blackhawk probably investigated one of the dead scum Night 3, if any.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:53 pm

Post by Electra »

vote: Tigris

Um... blackhawk? :?: That's an odd role. I'm not sure if I actually believe it or not, mainly because, well, we did have a backup cop.

Also, why haven't you used your role yet? It's not like there are going to be any more cops running around in this game that you want to wait for... I don't understand why you wouldn't have chosen results as soon as one, or all three of the cops died...

The only way that I'd be Mafia is if there were four Mafia, and honestly, I haven't seen any proof for that. It makes equal sense for the town with the multiple cops and death-preventors to have negative roles weighing it down as well.

I don't believe shady's claim, and I would vote him if I could. Right now, I bet that he's the last Mafia member, and killing him will end the game.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:46 pm

Post by Tigris »

4 cops and 2 doctors. I'm afraid that I do not believe that.
vote: Shadyforce
, it really does not matter who is lynched first Shady or Electra in the scenario I presented. I think that Yanqush and Norinel are innocent, so either way it is a town win.
Yanqush
Yanqush
Goon
Yanqush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:11 pm

Post by Yanqush »

Agree with lynching SF first, since Electra has no voting rights, and if she is indeed mafia, then i m sure we could deal with her tomorrow.

SF Really, this role claim about being a deputy is really well..... don't sound right, since we already have a backup-cop in the form of blackhawk. AT first i doubt myself at thinking you are mafia, but now, i am incline to believe that you are mafia.

I'll vote for SF next time i post.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:37 pm

Post by discer »

Vote Count
3 to lynch
Tigris (1): Electra
Shadyforce (1): Tigris

Not Voting: Norinel, Shadyforce, Yanqush
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:28 pm

Post by shadyforce »

Gamersville
is
a cop heavy environment, I knew and suggested that all along.

I only get to use my power once and have saved it until we really need it... aka now.

You don't actually still think I'm scum? Well whatever, I'm going to get and reveal rite's investigation ragardless.

Remember I've done nothing but try to keep the town as informed as possible, try to lay out the information, show the possibilities, and although I don't mind you lynching me if the town were to win, I think it far less likely for you to win if you lynch an innocent today and if there are 2 mafia left, it's game over.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:13 pm

Post by Electra »

But you COULD have gotten the investigation before- it's not like they were going to change. :P

And wait, you ask discer for the results during the day? :?: I really don't believe you...
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:37 pm

Post by shadyforce »

I can only get the results once. I waited until it was needed or in this case, when all the cops are dead so we can choose which is best. Yes I can get the results whenever I want. I was unclear after my role pm but then when I asked him to clear up a few things he said that:
-I can only get one set of results.
-It can only be after the relevant cop has died.
-There is no time limit, it doesn't have to be the next day, it could be 45 days later (that was the number he used.)
-And lastly, I can ask it off him day or night. So the next time he logs on, he will pm the results, and then I will post them.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:49 am

Post by Norinel »

I also don't really like shadyforce's claim, but I think we shouldn't lynch him before he gives his results, so that we get something even if he is town or in case the results are interesting.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:30 pm

Post by shadyforce »

On night one rite investigated Dourgrim. If rite had survived, he would have recieved an innocent verdict.

*sigh* I guess it was a bit much to hope for some invaluable information.

So now where do we go?
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:38 am

Post by Norinel »

I'm not surprised nothing useful came out of that.

For what it's worth, I'm the Cowardly Reporter, who can choose to investigate or hide each night. I investigated CD Night 3 and got innocent, so I know I'm not sane, and I also got shadyforce innocent last night, so lynching him would (Perhaps) determine my sanity. If he's innocent, I'm naive, so I'll just hide; if he's guilty, I could be insane, so I'll go for another investigation.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:27 am

Post by shadyforce »

Ok, with
cops and 2 docs, and myself the deputy to the cops when they die, I find it unlikely that there is a cowardly townie. My role isn't all that powerful as seen above but it does consolidate the idea of many cops. There is no indication whatsoever of there being a cowardly reporter in the game.
The role page wrote:
Cowardly Reporter

The Cowardly Reporter can check a player's house to find out if they are home (anyone doing something during the night is not home), or hide in the newsroom to avoid being killed (can not hide on consecutive nights).
ALL
the roles thus far follow their respective roles from the role page
EXACTLY
, and yet you claim to have a role which isn't following it. You claim first of all to determine their scummyness instead of whether they're at home and second of all, you claim to have sanity variability. So unless you're a BIG exception to this game, I'm fairly sure your lying.

If I believed for a second that there you were telling the truth and that there is only 1 mafia left than I would by all means allow you to lynch me to get info on your sanity and overall help the town with your investigations, but I suspect there are 2 left in which case lynching a townie tonight is game over.

I think you slipped up Norinel.

Vote: Norinel
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:22 am

Post by Tigris »

unvote: Shady
, there is one other role that varies slightly from the role described as in the role section. Yanqush's, he says that he can only buy one vote, whereas in the role section it says one vote per night (does not mention a limitation).

There is one other aspect on how Norinel's claim differs from the role on the page as well. It states that one cannot hide on two consecutive nights, which norinel's list of investigations seems to contradict (night one and two)

Additionally, I would have to question the wisdom (play style) of how he hide and investigated, basically I would have used a completely different style with that role, but perhaps that is just a difference of styles, but it seems truly odd to me.

myself with that role:
Night one-investigate (or hide given my recent longevity in games :P )
night two-investigate either CD or CRiX
night three- investigate, but not CD (as his innocence/guilt would be proven with that night's events)
night four -hide, no clear cut target and 5 as opposed to 4 remaining is too large of an advantage to ignore (despite my loudness yesterday in hopes of becoming the target, and thus a no-kill night, I don't think there was a clear-cut target)

Oh and one quick question for Yanqush that I forgot about, why pick Shady as your bought vote? I'm just curious what prompted that.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:06 am

Post by Norinel »

Okay, so I lied, and didn't do a very good job of it. I'm a naïve Cop, with innocent results for CRiX on Night 1 and Electra Night 2, in addition to the results I gave. The reason behind my lie was that I suspect Tigris might actually be a Bulletproof Vest lying to get the mafia to target her tonight, so my claiming a protected role would make them less likely to target me. If we lynch shady and the mafia kill fails, we open the day with 4, which gives us a small chance to not lose if there are two mafia left and shady is neither of them.

The incongruity of the claim was a mistake, but saying the shadyforce lynch would be a sanity check was to see how he'd react. His reaction's a bit too acerbic for my tastes, so
vote: shadyforce
Yanqush
Yanqush
Goon
Yanqush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:52 am

Post by Yanqush »

I was thinking which vote to buy between Stewie, who has a guilty verdict from a dead cop and Shady, who i thought was a bit um.... too pro-town in the way be posted(lets just sy a baseless hunch). In the end i settled for Stewie, who i thought was a safer bet.

um.... is this indeed copsville?... :lol: (who started that?, i forgot.)

i said i'll vote for sf next time i post
vote: SF

but in the light of these new info, i think i need a rethink before deciding
unvote: SF

and somehow i believe tigris, so for me, its a weight up between norinel and Shadyforce

Electra, do you just get a name of a person that you have to vote for?, or are there a accompany msg/ story?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”