Mini 294 - Post Restriction (It's all over!)

Nightcow
Nightcow
Goon
Nightcow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:57 am

Post by Nightcow »

Woo hoo. My first ever mafia win. Thanks guys.

I had investigated DGb last night when I got killed. Bah.
And I investigated MoS the night before. I wonder if the lack of result helped tip you off Twomz?
Sorry I let you die D_M, but I really didn't have much else to go on.

Ho humm, we won anyway.

Twomz definitely MotM. Well done mate.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:59 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

GreenLiquid wrote:I certainly would say Twomz is MVP, no questions asked. Vigged 2 scum, pointed to the lynch of a third.
Actually, I pointed to the lynch of the third :P
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:00 am

There wasn't much I could do, I knew that. There was no REASON for me to be scum, so I had nothing to defend myself against. No one ever presented an argument against me, so there wasn't much I could do. Twomz just kept mindlessly repeating that I was scum, best I could do was deny it -_-
Permanent V/LA.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:13 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Image =/= Image

Image = Image

Image Image Image

Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 am

Post by neongrey »

Was that your actual restriction?

If it was, while I like the idea of having to run your text through a dialectizer of some kind (babelfish would be very interesting), I think the one you were using was somewhat... less than ideal.

On the other hand, I can manually do 1337-5p34k, if of an older dialect, so, heh, that would be neat, too.
[b]ne*on*grey[/b] [i]n.[/i]
1. an impossible colour
2. frequently misspelled online alias; only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence with no internal capitalizations and has absolutely no As anywhere in it.
3. definitely a female
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:34 am

http://www.rinkworks.com/dialect/

and no, I made up my restriction. I had this same restriction (though only using moron dialect) in NYMM Mini, one of Peacebringer's games, iirc.
Permanent V/LA.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:20 am

Post by Twomz »

Your restriction was really really annoying... that's why. I really didn't want you to post anymore at first, that's why I campaigned against you. But it was mainly a scummy feeling, I had it for you all game. I actually thought DG was town up until she said she investigated you and got mafia cop. Then, I was pretty sure she was mafia trying to distance herself from you/w/e. Of course, if we had lynched MoS instead and he had come up Godfather, i would have vigged DG under the LAL's clause.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:53 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Roles!

Mastermind of Sin - Rue Dass (Mafia Godfather)

You are Rue Dass, and you’re a- well, I think you get it. You’re the godfather of the Mafia, which you formed because you’re a rude person. Your goons are Bethelmark and DrippingGoofball, named Laser Pete and Amputation Sam. This is a standard GF role, and you get investigation immunity. Also, you’ll have to pick whether you or one of your goons will kill (and if goons, which one). This choice changes nothing other than kill method.

Your post restriction is actually open. You should probably come up with a fake claim now, then fake a post restriction that has something to do with it (For example, I’m a scientist and have to post scientific formulas or say ‘eureka’ a lot. You might want to discuss what roles to fake in the pre-game night, considering your goons have the same example as you do. And, also, you WILL look suspicious if you don’t have a post restriction of some sort).

Bethelmark - Laser Pete (Mafia Goon)

You are Laser Pete. The town decided not to use your idea for a laser power plant, and also declared your newest creation, the G-44 Laser Rifle, illegal! You will not stand for this! You’re working for the mafia. Your partner is DrippingGoofball, Amputation Sam, and your GF is MOS, Rue Dass. You can talk freely at night, she sends in kills, yada yada. Standard mafia role, this is.

Your post restriction is actually open. You should probably come up with a fake claim now, then fake a post restriction that has something to do with it (For example, I’m a scientist and have to post scientific formulas or say ‘eureka’ a lot).

DrippingGoofball - Amputation Sam (Mafia Goon)

You are Amputation Sam. This town is getting on your nerves! They rejected your idea for a surgery robot, and recently they’ve outlawed your research on amputating major internal organs! You’re working for the mafia. Your partner is Bethelmark, Laser Pete, and your GF is MOS, Rue Dass. You can talk freely at night, she sends in kills, yada yada. Standard mafia role, this is.

Your post restriction is actually open. You should probably come up with a fake claim now, then fake a post restriction that has something to do with it (For example, I’m a scientist and have to post scientific formulas or say ‘eureka’ a lot).

Mod Note
- Kill methods are as follows.
Rue Dass: Shot
Laser Pete: Blasted, more specifically, shot with the G-44.
Aptuation Sam: Had major internal organs amputated.

Draygn_mage - Joe Smith (Townie)

You’re just average Joe Smith. Good old Joe Smith. You are a townie. You win with the town.

The difference here is... you don’t have a post restriction! You’re just a generic townie, and don’t have one. It may be to your benefit to fake one, so you don’t look suspicious.

Nightcow - Burglar (Cop)

You are a burglar. You steal things, and a lot. But now, you realize your stealing habit could really benefit the town. Each night, you can get into someone’s house and steal something. It will give you a hint about their role. You win with the town.

A quick note: Doctors and Bodyguards at someone’s home will prevent you from getting in. So, if someone is protected, your investigation will fail (and you’ll be notified of it).

As for your post restriction, you are tired from breaking in and all at night. You can only post a max of 10 times each day, and you have to include a Zzz or a yawn in two of those posts.

Mod Note
: He finds the following-
Rue Dass- Was blocked by a doctor
Laser Pete- Laser plant blueprints
Amputation Sam- Robotic Surgeon blueprints
Joe Smith- Teddy Bear
Giant Duck- Huge feather
Mime- A doll
Positive Friend- Smiley face poster
Negative Friend- Angry or mean posters
Defensive Guy- A sword
Pirate- Flintlock pistol
The Bishop- A crucifix

Quig - Giant Duck (Townie)

This role sounds a little weird (and is a little weird), but you’re a giant duck. Yep, that’s it. You’ve been in this town for a while now, and you’re not happy about the mafia’s infiltration. Not at all. Although such a wacky role might have some ability, interestingly, it doesn’t. You win with the town.

Your post restriction is that you have to say ‘quack’ in every post. I mean, you’re a duck. You can talk, but you still have to say quack at least once per post.

neongrey - Mime (Townie)

You are the mime. You are a townie. You win with the town.

Your post restriction is that you can’t talk, you have to act things out. For example, you could put “points finger of suspicion at [name]” or whatnot. For votes or unvotes, you still have to ‘act it out,’ but you’ll also have to bold it so I’ll notice.

logicticus - Positive Friend (Mason)

You’re positive friend. Always optimistic and cheery, you make the most of every day. It’s said opposites attract, and that must be true, as your friend is Negative Friend (audacesiuvat). You can speak freely to Negative Friend during game nights. Just know that negative friend is, well, quite negative, and I cannot guarantee his innocence to you. You win with the town.

Your post restriction is to be optimist or positive 5 times a day. It has to be noticeable and in context. A good example would be a simple, “I have faith in the town,” or “Things are looking up.”

audacesiuvat - Negative Friend (Mason
)
You’re negative friend. You’re the most pessimist person anyone could hope (not) to meet. It’s said opposites attract, and that must be true, as your friend is Positive Friend (logicticus). You can speak freely to Positive Friend during game nights. Just know that you’re not that well acquainted with positive friend is, and I cannot guarantee his innocence to you. And you win with the town.

Your post restriction is to be pessimist or negative 5 times a day. It has to be noticeable and in context. A good example would be something like “This is terrible. We’ll never win.”

Thok - Defensive Guy (Doctor)

You are defensive guy. You’ve always been quite defensive, and decided to use this to your advantage and take up a career in... defending people. Each night, choose someone. You’ll stand outside, with your fearsome looking sword and shield. This protects them from one night kill attempt on them. Note that this only scares them away: in reality, you’re combat skills are near nill. You win with the town.

Your post restriction is that you have to act defensive at least 3 times a day when you are voted for (if you’re not voted for thrice, then each time you are). If there’s a bandwagon on you and you get a lot of votes between now and your last post, you can just be defensive in general as a response to all the posts. Being defensive is just being hasty to defend yourself, like if you get a vote and say “What? Don’t vote for me! I’m innocent!”

Twomz - Pirate (Vigilante)

Arrrgh, mateys! Sorry, no more pirate speak. So, you wake up. And what’s this? The town’s decided on some lynching system!? That won’t do! We don’t need no lynching system. All we need is a good old gun.

Luckily, you have a flintlock pistol, two bullets, and perfect aim, although the thing takes a night to reload. So, in other words, you can vig twice, but there has to be at least one night between them. You win with the town.

Your post restriction is to speak in ‘pirate speak’ at least 8 posts a day (if less than 8 posts made, all posts). If you’re not good at pirate-speak, there are free websites out there that can ‘translate’ text into pirate speak for you.

BrianMcQueso - The Bishop (SK)

You are the bishop. For crying out loud, what are these sinners doing! They’re killing people when there are crusades to be fought! CRUSADES, people! They’re darned important, even if you are pretty likely to die on one. Once each day, you can order someone to go on a crusade, effectively ‘killing’ them. You win once everyone’s either dead or on a crusade, or both. You also win if you survive to the finish, provided you’ve sent at least one person on a crusade. To send someone on a crusade, send me a PM during the day, and I’ll complete the request once I’ve checked in on MS.

Also, you can check someone once a night, to see if they’re a sinner. In this case, ‘sinner’ means breaking one of the ten commandments other than lying. It doesn’t mean they’re mafia though.

Mod Note-
Kill method is, obviously, that the person was sent on a crusade. Also, sinners include mafia (minus Rue Dass), burglar or pirate
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:08 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Mod's Thoughts

The mafia kind of surprised me with their post restrictions, as I expected them to pick ones less harsh. MOS' 'l33t' restriction was especially difficult. DGb's was hard too, and of course my favorite. Bethelmark was, according to him in PM, to not post until mentioned by a player.

The town overall did a splendid job, especially Twomz. The mafia did well too, and their fake roles carried them pretty far.

This was, for me, a fun game to design because I knew that there would be 12 fun roles of some sort, making my primary priority to come up with the dream team town/mafia. Although it wasn't perfect, I do think I did a good job.

I hope you all enjoyed the game. If you did, stay tuned for Post Restriction Mafia MEGA Edition theme game, which will start as soon as Kirby Mafia ends.

Thanks to everyone for playing, and I hope to see you all soon!
~GL
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:13 pm

Post by neongrey »

I'll keep an eye open for it.

As long as I don't get mime again. :P
[b]ne*on*grey[/b] [i]n.[/i]
1. an impossible colour
2. frequently misspelled online alias; only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence with no internal capitalizations and has absolutely no As anywhere in it.
3. definitely a female
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:24 pm

make me use quotes next time <3
Permanent V/LA.
MeMe