Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 8:31 am

Post by Moonlight »

And your reasoning is? Please tell me you've got something better than the "case" he made on you.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 8:32 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I also don't like his buddying on you, I see him trying to self impose a town bloc
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Zephyrus
Zephyrus
Goon
Zephyrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 8:33 am

Post by Zephyrus »

This game is getting more interesting with every post :D
Zephyrus
Zephyrus
Goon
Zephyrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 8:34 am

Post by Zephyrus »

Town block, really? Trickster is the most town right now
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 8:34 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 299, Not_Mafia wrote:I'll VOTE: Trickster then. Bored of waiting for the mod to come in
Cool. What happened to losing the scum read on me?
In post 301, Not_Mafia wrote:I also don't like his buddying on you, I see him trying to self impose a town bloc
Uh huh.

so much nonsense here it's ridiculous. >.<
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 8:35 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

When did I say I'd lost my scum read on you?
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 8:44 am

Post by Moonlight »

In post 302, Zephyrus wrote:This game is getting more infuriating with every post :evil:
Fixed that for you.

@NM: You know, I love Town blocks. I do. Before I even knew what the term was, I caught myself having the instinct to form one from my very first game on this site.

And here's where my problem is with this game: one isn't forming on its own. There are too many forces working against each other. Too many different opinions from too many players. Chaos.

And nothing is being done to rectify that. I want to do something about it, but I honestly don't know what can be done. -_-
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 8:49 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

@Moonlight..

I think I have the answer.

____

Everyone unvote.

UNVOTE:

Now go back and reexamine your reads. Then find out who you disagree with. Don't yell at the person you disagree with, ask them questions about the places you disagree. Calmly, civilly, talk through the differences.

THen, when things have been more resolved, you can vote again.
BoroPhil
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 8:56 am

Post by BoroPhil »

Tricky, you realise you aren't conftown in this game, yeah?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 9:01 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 306, Moonlight wrote:@NM: You know, I love Town blocks. I do. Before I even knew what the term was, I caught myself having the instinct to form one from my very first game on this site.

And here's where my problem is with this game: one isn't forming on its own. There are too many forces working against each other. Too many different opinions from too many players. Chaos.
Scum can weasel their way in to a townbloc in this too easily by just hunting the other scum team.
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 9:03 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 308, BoroPhil wrote:Tricky, you realise you aren't conftown in this game, yeah?
*sigh*

It was worth a try.

Alright, go back to bickering then. I can't stop you. >.<
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 9:07 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

He has a valid point, you've been trying to self impose a town bloc with Moonlight and establish yourself as town leader all game.
idk
idk
Townie
idk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 9:14 am

Post by idk »

In post 268, BoroPhil wrote:
In post 238, idk wrote:
In post 150, tman2nd wrote:
In post 115, idk wrote: -Tman's not liking the Not_Mafia wagon but keeping his vote there is really annoying, and I do not like his most recent post, specifically his reasoning for keeping his vote on N_M. If you do not think someone is suspicious, then there is no need to keep your vote on them. There's no rule saying you have to have a vote on someone at all times. You simply could've unvoted and left it at that.

So with that, I'll

VOTE: Tman2nd
Is there a rule saying I have to unvote?
Haha, no there is not, but the fact that you
out right said
that you don't like the wagon, but
still
kept your vote on it is hella scummy.
In post 181, BoroPhil wrote:
In post 175, Tr1ckster wrote:
In post 174, BoroPhil wrote:you are misrepping. my reason didn't change.

my reason is: you were focussing on something rubbish as a reason to go after someone.

Moonlight asked why I was focussing on you and not him.

The next post explained it.

my reason remains: you were focussing on something rubbish as a reason to go after someone.
And that's bad during RVS because...?
sorry, was that an apology for accusing me of changing my reason?

what does your reply even mean here?

it's a question.

his reply is a question.
In post 186, BoroPhil wrote:
In post 185, Moonlight wrote:Boro, can you please explain why using "something rubbish" is a scumtell? Walk me through what's going through your head when you encounter something like that.

If, for example, I vote you now and my provided reasoning is that football/soccer avatars are only used by scum, does that mean I'm scum?
well yeah?
Are you fucking serious?
In post 199, BoroPhil wrote:
In post 197, Tr1ckster wrote:
In post 191, BoroPhil wrote:so hang on Moonlight, you are saying that you think I'm scum because of a football avatar?
Did he say he thought you were scum?
well he does appear to be voting for me?
Votes have more uses than just to lynch.
so, if he vote for me for having a football avatar, you don't think that's a bit off?
If Moonlight on, say, Day 3, started off the day with a vote on you saying "Football avatars are scummy", then yes, of course that'd be a bit off. But that's not the situation that Moonlight was describing. He asked that if he, right then and there, voted you for having a football avatar, if he'd be scummy. After all his posting, including that question he just asked. He would not be scum just for that. The rest of his posts don't seem scummy (to me, at least). One random post like that does not mean he's scum.
In post 268, BoroPhil wrote:these uses would be?
Um? Have you played Mafia before?

Pressuring people, getting reads, RVS votes, etc.
In post 280, BoroPhil wrote:especially Not voting. has he posted?
From anyone else, I would assume this is sarcasm, but I'm not 100% sure with you.
In post 288, BoroPhil wrote:"Notice how boro and zeph both had the same opening post. What do other people think that means? "

we probably are on the same team then. scum partners generally make the same opening post so everyone spots them easily.
see my above comment
In post 288, BoroPhil wrote:"and seem too agreeable with a lot of things"

what does this actually mean?
a·gree·a·ble (ə-grē′ə-bəl)
adj.
1. To one's liking; pleasing: agreeable weather.
2. Suitable; conformable: a practice agreeable to the law.
3. Ready to consent or submit: I am agreeable to your plan.
In post 291, Not_Mafia wrote:A few people need to stop theorying scumteams so early, it just gets conf bias muddying your reads. It's d1, just lynch the scummiest player.
QFT.
In post 299, Not_Mafia wrote:I'll VOTE: Trickster then. Bored of waiting for the mod to come in
Sorry, but I don't see how Tr1ckster could scum atm.
In post 307, Tr1ckster wrote:@Moonlight..

I think I have the answer.

____

Everyone unvote.

UNVOTE:

Now go back and reexamine your reads. Then find out who you disagree with. Don't yell at the person you disagree with, ask them questions about the places you disagree. Calmly, civilly, talk through the differences.

THen, when things have been more resolved, you can vote again.
I'm sorry, but I just don't think this would work. As said by a couple others, you're not the town leader, and some people will just not listen to you.
In post 308, BoroPhil wrote:Tricky, you realise you aren't conftown in this game, yeah?
I actually like this post from you. Although Tr1ckster is a townread of mine atm, he's definitely not confo-town.

That being said,

UNVOTE: TMAN2ND
VOTE: BOROPHIL
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 9:23 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 298, Moonlight wrote:I still want Baezu to explain why Boro and NM aren't scum together, Boro and Zeph I can understand. Also, if you're fine voting the 4 you mentioned, why did you avoid the midget wagon?
I guess they could be. I just don't feel like they'd make an effective team if you take their ISOs together. Usually scum have some sort if balancing strategy, like one person wagons and another elaborates and I don't see that happening with those two.

I voted zeph bc I feel he has the most to answer for of the four.
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 9:40 am

Post by Moonlight »

I'll aid that cause then.

VOTE: Zephyrus

@tman: What's your reasoning behind your vote? I don't like... all of Boro's play and I find it anti-Town, but when I ask myself if that makes him scum, I hesitate.
The_Ascended
The_Ascended
Townie
The_Ascended
Townie
Townie

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 9:42 am

Post by The_Ascended »

In post 150, tman2nd wrote:Pedit: Whose catchup post?
Yours. Your post 113.
In post 158, Moonlight wrote:I have mixed feelings about going after lurkers. The nature of the setup and the plurality lynch rule give scum even more reason to not want to stand out, but at the same time it's something scum might use and call it "scumhunting". >_>
Anyone delaying too obviously in an attempt to push towards a plurality lynch will stand out pretty hard, though.
In post 161, Not_Mafia wrote:I don't know whether I love this or hate this
Right!? Maybe Mastin and I will do this when she gets back.
In post 179, Not_Mafia wrote:There's a difference between jokey/rubbish reasons in RVS and latching on to something rubbish to go 'omg I got us out of RVS towncred please' with.
Agreed. Not necessarily agreed that Trickster is doing the latter, but agreed that there is a difference and that difference is important.
In post 190, Moonlight wrote:Am I scum then? Make your case on me.

VOTE: BoroPhil
If you're legitimately trying to lynch him over his avatar, yeah that would be pretty scummy. But that's not what you're doing.
In post 196, Moonlight wrote:To everyone else: Why is building a case based on bad reasoning a scumtell? Are you scumhunting or are you just after players whose play you disagree with? Are you just hoping that those players just happen to be scum?

You don't always catch scum for the right reasons.
Town should, ideally, be making reasonable cases that fit the facts. If one must distort the facts or rely on fallacies to make a case, then one is likely not correct or genuinely trying to be. Town should actively be avoiding making bad cases, and since scum's cases are necessarily false, their cases should be distinguishable. This is, of course, ideally, rather than practically. I don't have a good rule of thumb for the practical reality, only for how I think the game ought to be played.

You don't always catch scum for the right reasons, but when you employ the wrong reasons, you catch (mislynch) town a lot.
In post 225, Baezu wrote:THIS IS
NOT
TOWN TR1CKSTER

I don't care what anyone says

VOTE: Tr1ckster

I'm parking my vote here for the rest of the day
And we should just trust you on this... why?
In post 232, Not_Mafia wrote:When Mastin catches up on this we're going to get the wallingest wall ever to wall
I'm looking forward to it. :wink:
In post 233, 4 Heads of Insanity wrote:
Scumread on NM
How come? Also, can Who use a darker green? That light green makes my eyes bleed.
In post 266, 4 Heads of Insanity wrote:
I don't like the way you're telling us what to do as if you've been playing longer, Tr1ck. I'm not upset for his illegitimate vote, and I don't think No one is either. He's just voting people he doesn't like instead of scum, and hiding in the background and lurking like a scummy bastard. Step off.

Vi, voting him because he's doing something you like is ironic. Let's VOTE: Zeph instead.

Fine...
This kind of dissonance should be sorted out before you post. It could definitely be a way to disguise ulterior motives.
In post 274, BoroPhil wrote:you'll find I'm pretty straight up. If I vote for someone, it's because they are scummy. I don't mess around and play games.

you are confusing (deliberately or otherwise) 'not liking' with 'finding scummy'

I'm voting for Tricky because he is scummy, not because I don't like him.

If I was voting for the person I least liked, it would be that obnoxious multi-headed thing.
Even if he seemed initially scummy, has Trickster's play continued along that line? I would say that the early push was not indicative of his whole play.

Pasch's townreads: Trickster, Moonlight, Not_Mafia

Pasch's weaker townreads: 4 heads, IDK, Baezu

People Pasch thinks need to do more: Midget, Yuriko, Finglove, Tman

Pasch's fairly weak scumreads: Boro, Zeph

I'm honestly inclined to just sheep Moonlight. He seems to be the most level-headed and clearly pro-town. But I'll wait until Mastin gets back tomorrow and can share her thoughts.
BoroPhil
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 9:47 am

Post by BoroPhil »

Pressuring people (those you think are scum?)
getting reads (on those you think are scum?)
RVS votes (I think we are past that now)

so in other words, you vote for those you think are scum?

and tbqh I have no idea where you are coming from with Moon's question. If someone votes for me and says it's because of my avatar, how can that not be scummy? It's certainly not pro-town. Regardless of stage, except RVS which we weren't/aren't at.
BoroPhil
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 9:50 am

Post by BoroPhil »

oh and idk - thanks for the definition. though I'm sure you knew that wasn't what I was after. where exactly have I been 'agreeable' and what does it mean in the context of this game?
Zephyrus
Zephyrus
Goon
Zephyrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 10:49 am

Post by Zephyrus »

In post 313, Baezu wrote:I voted zeph bc I feel he has the most to answer for of the four.
Please, you don't have any questions for me by you would like answers. Try a little harder before you jump on a wagon scum.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 10:57 am

Post by Moonlight »

Sorry to idk for mixing him up with tman in my previous post.. =X
In post 315, The_Ascended wrote:Town should, ideally, be making reasonable cases that fit the facts. If one must distort the facts or rely on fallacies to make a case, then one is likely not correct or genuinely trying to be. Town should actively be avoiding making bad cases, and since scum's cases are necessarily false, their cases should be distinguishable. This is, of course, ideally, rather than practically. I don't have a good rule of thumb for the practical reality, only for how I think the game ought to be played.

You don't always catch scum for the right reasons, but when you employ the wrong reasons, you catch (mislynch) town a lot.
That ideal scenario relies on people being not just reasonable, but perfectly logical, which is why practice differs in my opinion. I get called reasonable a lot and I can be, but I'd never call myself logical.

For example, in my last game I aided in catching scum by scumreading someone over something that made no sense to her; I judged that certain elements of her play wouldn't come from Town-her, despite never having played with her before. That is logically fallacious and I'm aware of it, and even now I still believe that Town-her would have played differently.
I'm honestly inclined to just sheep Moonlight. He seems to be the most level-headed and clearly pro-town. But I'll wait until Mastin gets back tomorrow and can share her thoughts.
I'm relieved you don't follow that inclination. Even if I was confTown it still wouldn't mean I'm right (and boy do I waffle), so I can never recommend sheeping me.
Zephyrus wrote:
In post 313, Baezu wrote:I voted zeph bc I feel he has the most to answer for of the four.
Please, you don't have any questions for me by you would like answers. Try a little harder before you jump on a wagon scum.
If she is scum, why aren't you voting her? And why did you speculate on a Tricks & Baezu team when you believe that Tricks is the most Town?
Zephyrus
Zephyrus
Goon
Zephyrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 11:15 am

Post by Zephyrus »

It was a speculation that Baezu did a 180 when her original FOS was trick. I asked a question on what everyone else thought in that same statement.

I haven't voted for Baezu because I see no reason in voting her because she voted me.
BoroPhil
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 11:23 am

Post by BoroPhil »

@ Pasch - like I said at , his attempted misrepping of me at (and he did it to not as well?) wasn't good either. I think his overall play is scummy. He's trying hard to seem town, but town that does not make him.
BoroPhil
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 11:28 am

Post by BoroPhil »

I think this is where I am at the moment

Safe townreads: The Ascended, Not_Mafia, Zeph,

leaning town: Moonlight, random, tman (quite like the last two but could do with contributing more)

idk?: idk (really don't like either of their big posts, but nothing to suggest they are scum I don't think)

didn't know they were playing: Yuriko, Finglove

scummy: Baezu, 4 heads, Tricky
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 11:30 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 322, BoroPhil wrote:I think this is where I am at the moment

Safe townreads: The Ascended, Not_Mafia, Zeph,

leaning town: Moonlight, random, tman (quite like the last two but could do with contributing more)

idk?: idk (really don't like either of their big posts, but nothing to suggest they are scum I don't think)

didn't know they were playing: Yuriko, Finglove

scummy: Baezu, 4 heads, Tricky
The Hanzo is strong with this one.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: BoroPhil
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 11:31 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

What does that mean?

Return to “Completed Open Games”