camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #3225 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:26 am

Post by camn »

In post 3221, kuribo wrote:What do you mean, relevance?

I mean- how is this relevant?

If you want to talk about my opinions on Jason-- you should know, my opinions are rarely binary.
Did I think Jason was town? Sure... but not enough to want him to live.
Did I think he could be scum? SURE. But not enough to want his lynch.
Ergo? Vig.
To bad that didnt happen, or we wouldn't be having this conversation.

However, things are different now.
The people I thought were scum have flipped town, and my suspect pool has shrunk.
Jason's early towntells seem less important now.

Are you arguing that because I gave Jason a pass earlier, although I asked for him to be vigged and swore I would see him dead before endgame... that I am somehow being inconsistent.. or that this proves Jason is a rock-solid townie that will come through for us in LYLO?

If so.. whatev. Consistency doesn't win games. Lynching scum wins games.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3226 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:28 am

Post by kuribo »

Inconsistency can be an indicator of a person whose read has changed out of necessity rather than genuine events, though.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #3227 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:29 am

Post by kuribo »

ie- from here, it looks like you didn't want Jason lynched, distanced yourself nicely once the other scum fell (wishy washy--- calling for his death while calling him town)... then today when his wagon was inevitable, you figured "shit, I better bus him"

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #3228 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:29 am

Post by kuribo »

oooooorrrr

is he town? and you figured you and kise can't both white knight him?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #3229 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:33 am

Post by kuribo »

god dammit, jason, why you gotta pull this lurkaderp bullshit and be so unhelpful?

you understand that it would be anti-town at this point to let you continue playing like this?

not just anti-town for you, anti-town for all of us--- you've placed yourself in a position where regardless of your alignment, you have to die. you've been scummy enough that you're a strong candidate for scum, based on both your play here and your meta. but if you're town, you've given more than ample reason not to want you around if tomorrow's LYLO.

fuck, why'd you have to play like that? i swear, if you're town, I'll never forgive you. If you're town, you've given scum all the ammunition they need for a mislynch.

Do you not see how much I'd rather push camn, or kise? or wait for benmage?

It's SO FUCKING HARD to get a read on anyone in this game because you've been so consistently scummy that even if you flip town, your wagon is tainted.

Of course, if you're scum, good job, because nearly anyone here could be your buddy and FML for trying to figure shit out from there.

Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3230 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:36 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 3224, Cerulean wrote:
In post 3223, Shaft wrote:@Cerulean, not really. Team mafia was mid last year. It looks like jasonscum is aggressive. I asked him about recent [scum] meta since his other recent game was linked. I figured it would help for the rest of you to look at. I didn't want to be ignorant, however, so I looked at everything he linked.

Yeah, I was his scum partner in team mafia. He started out strong and aggressive and then started coasting and lurking about mid to late day one.

Ebwop started coasting and lurking mid to late day two (not one)
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #3231 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:20 am

Post by camn »

ITT kuribo and I agree completely regarding Jason.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3232 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:24 pm

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 5, Votecount 10
JasonT1981 (2) - camn, Benmage

Benmage (1) - Shaft

Not voting (4) :
Cerulean, JasonT1981, Deasvail, kuribo

• With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 9th of April at 11:59am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-04-09 19:59:28)

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3233 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:30 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I was under the impression that TM was unusual for Jason-scum.
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3234 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:37 pm

Post by Shaft »

In post 3230, Cerulean wrote:
In post 3223, Shaft wrote:@Cerulean, not really. Team mafia was mid last year. It looks like jasonscum is aggressive. I asked him about recent [scum] meta since his other recent game was linked. I figured it would help for the rest of you to look at. I didn't want to be ignorant, however, so I looked at everything he linked.

Yeah, I was his scum partner in team mafia. He started out strong and aggressive and then started coasting and lurking about mid to late day one.

How would you compare him here to HPATPL?
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3235 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:10 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 3233, DeasVail wrote:I was under the impression that TM was unusual for Jason-scum.

This is true. Moi was so impressed with him, he nominated him. I wish that part of ny146 hadn't been eaten, so I could read that game.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3236 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:18 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 3234, Shaft wrote:
In post 3230, Cerulean wrote:

How would you compare him here to HPATPL?

I've already talked about this more than once starting on day one. He was low activity in that game, but he was active and engaged. He was scum hunting, he was interacting with people. I mean I just read through his ISP that game and I can't believe you're trying to compare it. I don't care what the complaints against him were. I townread him early in that game and it never went away, just as I townread him in the mini that just ended as I followed the game.

He's not doing anything here.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3237 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:20 am

Post by Cerulean »

Oh I forget. He is doing something. We can definitely count on the v/la notice coming in.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3238 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:44 am

Post by Benmage »

Still have a few days till deadline, I'll fix my groove. Overwhelming return to NY.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3239 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:48 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 3213, Shaft wrote:Ben, I'm still not sure about your answer to my last question. Why would you throw out that I had time for a claim if my claim didn't matter, especially considering there were other viable lynches/VT claims? If doc isn't the end all be all, what is?

I know you're not....

You got all up in arms with this post:
In post 3097, Shaft wrote:
In post 3093, Shaft wrote:@Ben, see I'm not buying that. WHen you look at it, you specifically say you're voting because there's time for a claim. That has nothing to do with "deadline! Gotta lynch now no matter what!" You said I had time to claim as in I had time to be judged FOR my claim. Now with you saying the claim didn't matter, as my play is what condemned me, STINKS.

Everyone's thoughts on this please.

Let get THIS shit DONE

But noone came running to this pitchforked mob of yours, and I guess your steam is settling. I don't understand your issue whatsoever.

Let me ask you this:
You think anytime anyone claims a PowerRole, you should let them live, and completely ignore any and all past behavior?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3240 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:42 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Prodding Jason
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #3241 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:42 am

Post by camn »

He's like, "screw it.. this game is lost anyway. If only I had recruited that traitor instead of him getting lynched. And christ, what a partner- Absta? Everyone knows that trying to mislynch camn is one of the classic blunders. Only slightly less famous than going against a Sicilian when death is on the line!"
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3242 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:32 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 3211, camn wrote:A meta defense is no defense at all.

Jason- What happened? You started out this game with good activity... then you lost a teammate and a traitor.... did your heart quail? What changed?
Be honest. Was it the size? The walls? the pretty summer days?
Or the loneliness in the QT?

Eh, a meta defence is no defence... especially when there is no actual case lol

Burnout.... 6 games at once is a killer of enthusisam. lol.

In post 3212, Shaft wrote:I'm creeped out by the shadow lurking going on this phase.

jason, how did you end up needing to make an EBWOP when you already linked to the Zac game in the previous post? In other words, help me understand how you criss crossed Team and Zac's mafia games.

#multiple windows with all my recent games as scum town open at once, and a copy/paste failue.

In post 3215, Cerulean wrote:Hey Jason, do you really believe scum always http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p4678571] pull the no case on me crap?

How do you think that matches up to your responses here.

Also, who are your top two scum reads and why?

Kuribo/Ben as two scum... I could see it as scum distancing if there is two left, quite possible scum in one of them if there is only 1 scum left. their big blow out still sits wrong with me...camn is below them... I already said that.

hah... the case in here is my lurking... thats all I can really answer.. there is nothing else really.

In post 3217, kuribo wrote:
In post 3211, camn wrote:A meta defense is no defense at all.

Jason- What happened? You started out this game with good activity... then you lost a teammate and a traitor.... did your heart quail? What changed?
Be honest. Was it the size? The walls? the pretty summer days?
Or the loneliness in the QT?

You literally spent the entire game calling him town and then eventually stating he was town but should be vigged.

exactly, Camn has called for my death alot lately, even if I am town he doesn't seem to care about my allignment.

In post 3225, camn wrote:I mean- how is this relevant?

If you want to talk about my opinions on Jason-- you should know, my opinions are rarely binary.
Did I think Jason was town? Sure... but not enough to want him to live.
Did I think he could be scum? SURE. But not enough to want his lynch.
Ergo? Vig.
To bad that didnt happen, or we wouldn't be having this conversation.

However, things are different now.
The people I thought were scum have flipped town, and my suspect pool has shrunk.
Jason's early towntells seem less important now.

Are you arguing that because I gave Jason a pass earlier, although I asked for him to be vigged and swore I would see him dead before endgame... that I am somehow being inconsistent.. or that this proves Jason is a rock-solid townie that will come through for us in LYLO?

If so.. whatev. Consistency doesn't win games. Lynching scum wins games.

or maybe, as the game drew on, and people got less... you saw an opertunity to push something without doing any work...Jason is lurking OMG Lets kill him it doesn';t matter if he is town

In post 3237, Cerulean wrote:Oh I forget. He is doing something. We can definitely count on the v/la notice coming in.

Nah, aside from a small wedding tomorrow, I am home for the majority of the weekend.

In post 3241, camn wrote:He's like, "screw it.. this game is lost anyway. If only I had recruited that traitor instead of him getting lynched. And christ, what a partner- Absta? Everyone knows that trying to mislynch camn is one of the classic blunders. Only slightly less famous than going against a Sicilian when death is on the line!"

No, I'm like... I have not been on MS until now for something like the better part of 3 days aside to post vote counts.

Right now. Camn/Ben/Kuribo are the 3 I could easily go for. There is at least 1 scum in that group.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #3243 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:21 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 3242, jasonT1981 wrote:Kuribo/Ben as two scum... I could see it as scum distancing

we're distancing...

by calling each other town?

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3244 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:56 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Distancing by fighting so down the line if there is a scum flip on either of you, it won't look as bad on the other.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #3245 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:05 pm

Post by kuribo »

jesus christ, you're not even trying

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #3246 (ISO) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:06 pm

Post by kuribo »

jason:

how many games have you modded where i've played?

would you say, based on your experience that i tend to be antagonistic toward people?

would you also say that in many cases, both of us are town?

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3247 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:01 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

in my degenise I am drunkig
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #3248 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:28 am

Post by kuribo »

God damn your worthless soul, if you turn out to be town, I'm not playing with you again.

Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3249 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:00 am

Post by Shaft »

In post 3236, Cerulean wrote:I've already talked about this more than once starting on day one. He was low activity in that game, but he was active and engaged. He was scum hunting, he was interacting with people. I mean I just read through his ISP that game and I can't believe you're trying to compare it. I don't care what the complaints against him were. I townread him early in that game and it never went away, just as I townread him in the mini that just ended as I followed the game.

He's not doing anything here.

You should believe. Despite what he did early game to get your townread, jason was useless midgame in HP mafia. The only thing that got me off him was setup spec after he claimed town ghost. His breadcrumbs were funny as hell.

In post 3239, Benmage wrote:
In post 3213, Shaft wrote:Ben, I'm still not sure about your answer to my last question. Why would you throw out that I had time for a claim if my claim didn't matter, especially considering there were other viable lynches/VT claims? If doc isn't the end all be all, what is?

I know you're not....

That isn't answering the question. Nice dodge attempt.

Why would you throw out that I had time for a claim if my claim didn't matter, especially considering there were other viable lynches/VT claims? The answer to your question is situational. Sometimes yes sometimes no. Don't focus on that, focus on my question.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”