Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:06 pm

Post by Electra »

Yanqush wrote: Electra, do you just get a name of a person that you have to vote for?, or are there a accompany msg/ story?
Um.. story? No just the name. :P

Norinel... that's really odd. Why would you have to lie at a time like this? Also, I really don't think there's a role that's immune to nightkills all of forever, especially not a protown one.

shadyforce, I suppose it MIGHT be possible for there to be two backups in such a cop heavy game, but that still doesn't explain why you waited to get a result. You said you wanted to wait for the right moment, but wouldn't it be better to get the info early [since you know it's not going to change]?
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:23 pm

Post by Tigris »

*sigh* I wish that one of you seemed less then scum.

Time to roll the dice I suppose.

Scenario
4 scum (with fool): CD, Stewie, Electra, . . .
Norinel, game over yesterday, 3 on Yanqush
Shady, possible
Yanqush, possible, but really unlikely (really poor play)
myself, game over yesterday
4 scum (without fool): game over now, unless I am mafia, but it would have been over yesterday if I was

3 scum: CD, Stewie, . . .
Yanqush, game over yesterday with intelligent play
Norinel, game over yesterday unless fool kills herself by voting someone other then name given-unlikely
myself, game over yesterday
Electra-I feel sorry for the mafia
Shady- game not over yesterday

But all of this is predicated on the idea of good play, so it might not apply. :? Oh well, here's to hoping I'm not giving Norinel too much credit (no offense intended).

vote: shady
Yanqush
Yanqush
Goon
Yanqush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:19 pm

Post by Yanqush »

correction, needed 4 votes to lynch yesterday.
Its spelt with a Q, a Q I tell ya!
[size=92][i]Everything, but not anything, in moderation...[/i][/size]
[size=67]Well..... except maybe mafia.....[/size]
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:49 pm

Post by shadyforce »

@Electra, I don't think you understand my reasoning. It wasn't until today that I could lay out all the cops, organise who investigated who, identify missing information, evaluate sanities, etc. The longer the game goes on, the more conclusions we can draw from investigations and the more scum we can catch with their pants down with information they didn't think the town was going to get.

@Tigris, I can't believe you picked someone acting 'overly pro-town'who has claimed a viable role, given results and tried to help the town with analysing the situation at every opportunity over someone who claims a seemingly 'out-of-place' pro-town (mainly pro-himself) role, someone who lied to the town, someone who has a guilty verdict on him, someone who tried to get me lynched by lying, a botched fake role-claim, with a purpose that makes no sense whatever, another cop only after I have told the town of my lots-of-cops supporting role.

Tigris, please rethink your vote, I fear the towns chances will quickly evaporate if a townie is lynched tonight, especially with a random vote on town's side.
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:38 am

Post by Tigris »

I am going on the assumption that 3 at deadline yesterday lynches, thus since Yanqush was the last to vote, 3 on him equals a lynch.

If Electra and Norinel are mafia, then yesterday they could have lynched Yanqush, and even if there was a vigilante (which there does not appear to be), then that would leave 2 scum and 1 town after that night, so town loss.

So I guess there are 3-4 possibilities in my mind right now.
1) Electra and Shady are mafia. Shady's vote was bought and Electra's vote was random, so they could not get the 3 needed to lynch at deadline.
2) Norinel is mafia. Missed a chance yesterday to lynch Yanqush, but possibility that a vigilante was out there might counteract that. Last day (with vigilante and no saves) would end with mafia, fool, and vigilante/myself. Thus a 50% chance of winning just randomly (which I would have gone for)
3) Shady is mafia. Couldn't lynch Yanqush because his vote was bought.
4) Yanqush or Electra is mafia (alone). I am not really considering these.

So I see two choices really. Lynch Shady or Electra. Anyone else is alone, imo, and thus potentially lynchable tomorrow even with a bad lynch today.

If Electra is mafia, then Shady is, imo. If Electra is not mafia, then either Norinel or Shady is acting alone. Lynching Shady today gives a 50% chance of lynching Norinel tomorrow (should Shady be innocent) and covers all bases. Whereas lynching Electra potentially gives us a better idea of who is mafia, and then the 3 of you (in reality Yanqush) can decide who is the last mafia.

Unless someone sees something I am missing, I guess I will
unvote: Shady
, until a bit of discussion on which approach would be better.
Yanqush
Yanqush
Goon
Yanqush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:59 am

Post by Yanqush »

I suppose that althought yesterday required 4 votes to lynch, if a side has 3 votes, then there is a good chance to either convince a townie or run the clock down by having a stand off.

If Electra is mafia, then i believe Shady is, but if he is not, then atm i believe Norinel is.
but somehow lynching Electra seems..... well, not the best optioin.

There is also the case of Shady and Norinel both mafia, and they by being at each others throat, and by lynching one, it confirms the other's innocence, and the next they we will all believe that electra is the last mafia and lynch her then mafia win..... Since they are both riding on the cop wave, it seems that there is more to what they are claiming.............
um... :roll:
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:15 am

Post by shadyforce »

I'm not sure where your getting the whole role[shady] == role[Electra] thing from. I'll have another look at Tigris's post.

I'm going to point the finger of accusation
foa: Norinel
. However
if
you all insist on avoiding lynching him then I believe our best move is to lynch Electra. The simple reason is that in case we do lynch a townie, she is the most expendable of us because of her random vote.
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:47 pm

Post by Norinel »

unvote: shadyforce

I think we shouldn't forget the possibility of Tigris being mafia and withholding the kill last night to solidify her claim. Given that that'd be giving up the chance to get the town from five to four, it doesn't seem very likely unless there were a second mafia and they were expecting a successful vigikill tonight (Maybe Stewie was telling the truth about his abilities.).
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:44 pm

Post by Tigris »

Role run-down:
Yanqush-politician
Electra-fool
Myself-commuter
Shady-deputy
Norinel-cop
Kerplunk/PBuG-sibling cop
CD-sibling mafia
Stewie-godfather
Talitha-doctor
Dourgrim-nurse
Rite-cop
CRiX-retired cop

I only see one role duplicated in this entire set-up, but despite my normal slightly reckless play, I am usually somewhat cautious in an end-game situation.

If Shady and Norinel are both mafia, the game is over now, as they could just vote for me. If I was mafia, I would not have gone after Stewie for his townie claim and I would have gambled on there not being a vigilante/the fool not voting for me, gotten Yanqush lynched and Stewie and I would have won.

Re-looking over the first day, I am inclined to vote for Norinel, partially because with one cop dead, 2 more claiming, he didn't seem to find this odd in the slightest. I guess I will leave it up to Yanqush, I will vote for whomever he chooses. The safest route would be Electra, but my instinct says Norinel.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:13 am

Post by shadyforce »

Yeah, logic over instinct? I can't really decide so I'll just follow your plan.

Make the call Yanqush and you'll have my vote too.
Yanqush
Yanqush
Goon
Yanqush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:04 am

Post by Yanqush »

gd point about game over if Shady and Norinel are both mafia.... haha

Geez, handing the ball to me?
i guess i'll go.......................

Vote: Norinel

Partially because he started to help kerplunk who revealed himself as a sibling, and taking that as the truth on the first day when we are all suscipious (seems to me that he new that there is a sibling role, and the most likely way he knew was being told by CD).
Partially the point Tigris made about duplicated roles.

Funny enough, the argument with him on the first day has nothing to do with it. :)
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:59 am

Post by Electra »

I cannot believe that we're ignoring how nonsensical shady's roleclaim is. :roll: There was never any need for him to wait to get his results, since it wasn't necessary for him to actually WAIT. He could have laid out the cops and investigations on his OWN. Not only that, we did have a backup, and no matter how cop-heavy this game is, two backups seems unnecessarily confusing. And naturally, rite's results are useless.

Instead, we're going after Norinel, Tigris's 'confirmed innocent'. It's SO obvious that shady's the last Mafia, can we just lynch him now?
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:22 am

Post by Tigris »

Well, first game I talk a whole bunch *shrug*

I had written out a somewhat lengthy thing about this vote, but my browser went dead, so whatevs.
vote: norinel
, if it is wrong, good game scum (although it is not necessarily over), if not, you really should have won. That's 3, so a lynch.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:45 pm

Post by discer »

Final Vote Count
3 to lynch
Norinel (3): Shadyforce, Yanqush, Tigris
Tigris (1): Electra

Not Voting: Norinel

By the time the evening report was released the lynch mob had formed, lynched and gone to bed. Nobody really cared about scripts anymore, except perhaps Norinel who couldn't read about it anwyay, being dead and all.

Norinel (henchman), has been lynched.

IT IS NOW NIGHT.
PLEASE SEND ME YOUR CHOICES.
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:46 pm

Post by discer »

The rising of the sun, often enough, brings new hope to those who witness it. Unfortunately there would be no more sunrises for the latest mafia victim in Gamersville. Each Gamersville citizen gathered on this morning in the town square with a skeptical look in their eyes. The old man could only shake his head and report that the town mayor would not live to see the day Gamersville would rid itself of it's mafia infestation. Some of the Gamersville citizens wondered if that day would ever come.

Yanqush (mayor), has been killed.

IT IS NOW DAY.
TWO TO LYNCH.
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
Yanqush
Yanqush
Goon
Yanqush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:00 am

Post by Yanqush »

blah! :roll:

*decays~~~*
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:09 am

Post by Tigris »

vote: Electra
, to me it's the only thing that makes sense.
If Shady was mafia, then he would have killed me yesterday with Norinel.
And to be honest I would be highly amused at any explanation that makes me the last mafia :D
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:18 pm

Post by shadyforce »

Tigris wrote:
vote: Electra
, to me it's the only thing that makes sense.
If Shady was mafia, then he would have killed me yesterday with Norinel.
And to be honest I would be highly amused at any explanation that makes me the last mafia :D
Alrighty then, for your amusement...
1. Sure, that's what they all say. 'It's laughable that I'm mafia.'
2. Electra has a voting restriction, less likely to be mafia more likely to be townie.
3. You know that there is an omgus thing between me and Electra, a clever mafia would try and put the casting vote in my hands, hoping that I would retal her accusation.

That's the best I can do with 5 minutes free time so, I hope you enjoyed your laugh.

Vote: Electra
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:19 pm

Post by Stewie »

[censored by the anti-swearing department]
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:21 pm

Post by Tigris »

Awww, thanks Shady ^_^
I was thinking that possibilities might include
1) I'm pwd (posting while drunk)
2) I forgot which game I am in, this is mafia 22 right? :wink:
3) I didn't read the original pm, so I am just guessing my role and that I am pro-town
4) My tiger ate my homework, erm, uhm, disregard that last one :oops:

good game everyone, great job shady, sorry about the suspicion 'yesterday', it was fun playing with you all. Thanks for modding Discer. :D
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:11 pm

Post by discer »

Final Vote Count
2 to lynch
Electra (2): Tigris, Shadyforce

As the old man watched the setting sun cast the evening sky in blue and orange the small but effective lynch mini-mob gathered at Electra's house. With apparent confidence Tigris and Shadyforce entered the home of an obvious idiot and dragged her to the town square. Electra, being the idiot that she was, did not struggle even at the deadly discomfort of the noose. The old man, somewhat distracted by the blue and orange that dominated yet another evening sky, turned briefly to what remained of the Gamersville citizens and said, "It is finished."

Electra (idiot henchman), has been lynched.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:26 pm

Post by discer »

ROLES

Mafia Family

Godfather:
(STEWIE)You are the godfather. You are immune to night kills. Norinel, Electra and CURTAINDOG are your henchmen and you may communicate with them at night. Each night your family must decide which player you would like to kill and it is YOUR responsibility to send me this choice, so long as you live.
Henchman #1:
(Norinel) You are a henchman. Electra and CURTAINDOG are your fellow henchmen and Stewie is your godfather. You may communicate with them at night. Each night your family must decide which player you would like to kill and in the event of your godfathers death it will be your responsibility to send me this choice, so long as you live.
Henchman #2 (Idiot):
(Electra) You are the idiot henchman. Norinel and CURTAINDOG are your fellow henchmen and Stewie is your godfather. You may communicate with them at night. Each night your family must decide which player you would like to kill and in the event of the deaths of your godfather and Norinel, it will be your responsibility to send me this choice, so long as you live. Because you are an idiot, you must vote randomly. Each night I will send you the name of the player you MUST vote for. Failure to vote for this player will result in your instant death! If two of your family members should be killed, your surviving family member will slap the idiot out of you and you will be able to vote however you wish.
Henchman #3 (sibling):
(CURTAINDOG) You are henchman. Norinel and Electra are your fellow henchmen and Stewie is your godfather. You may communicate with them at night. Each night your family must decide which player you would like to kill. This choice will be sent to me by one of your family members. Your brother is a cop and also lives in Gamersville. In the event of your brothers death, you will commit suicide the following night.

The Town

Cop(sane):
(rite) You are a cop. Each night you must send me the name of a player you would like to investigate.
Cop(sane, sibling):
(Kerplunk) You are a cop. Each night you must send me the name of a player you would like to investigate. Your brother and a mafioso, also lives in Gamersville. In the event of your brothers death, you will commit suicide the following night.
Retired Cop(sane):
(blackhawk) You are a retired cop. In the event of a cops death, you will take up the badge and come out of retirement. In this event you must send me the name of a player you would like to investigate each night.
Deputy:
(Shadyforce) You are a deputy. At any point in the game after one cop has died, you may choose to receive the results of any one dead cop's investigations.
Doctor:
(Talitha) You are a Doctor. Each night you must send me the name of a player you would like to protect. You may not protect yourself.
Nurse:
(Dourgrim) You are a nurse. In the event of a town doctors death, you will assume his or her duties. In that event you must send me the name of a player each night that you would like to protect. You may not protect yourself.
Commuter:
(Tigris) You are a traveling salesman. On even numbered nights you will be immune to night kills due to being out of town.
Politician:
(Yanqush) You are the Mayor. On odd numbered days you may buy the vote of one player. On odd numbered nights you must send me the name of the player who's vote you want to buy and the name of the player you want them to vote for. For example: "I want to buy rite's vote and I want them to vote for Yanqush."
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:43 pm

Post by discer »

Game Summary

Night One
rite was killed by mafia, Electra had to vote for CRiX, rite investigated Dourgrim, PBUG investigated CurtainDog, Talitha protected Yanqush and Yanqush passed on her option to buy a vote.

Night Two
Dourgrim was killed by mafia, Electra had to vote for Stewie, Kerplunk investigated Stewie, CRiX investigated Kerplunk and Dourgrim protected Norinel.

Night Three
blackhawk killed by mafia, Electra had to vote for Yanqush, blackhawk investigated Norinel and Yanqush bought Shadyforce's vote.

Night Four
Mafia attempted to kill Tigris.

Day Four
Shadyforce requested rite's investigation results.

Night Five
Yanqush was killed by mafia and Yanqush attempted to buy Electra's vote.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:50 pm

Post by discer »

I have to say that after the first few nights and days I thought the town was doomed. The turning point was probably when the mafia tried to kill Tigris (commuter) on a night that she was out of town, it was game over if they selected anyone else. I'll save the rest of my comments for later.

IT IS FINISHED.
I WELCOME YOUR FEEDBACK
Yanqush
Yanqush
Goon
Yanqush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:05 am

Post by Yanqush »

Well.... first of all, thanks discer, for modding the game, it was FUN~

The idea of 4 mafia never quite reached my mind until like day 3 and was not convinced of it until day 4... :oops:

just a thought though, did you picked who electra is to vote or was it completely random?

and yay, go town.... haha

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”