JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:27 pm

Post by JereIC »

Yeah, that's pretty much the answer I expected. I don't think we're going to get much else out of this day, and I'm prepared to vote for Norinel. Any other ideas?
Candice
Candice
Goon
Candice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:33 pm

Post by Candice »

I don't have any other ideas. I'm going to be going through the thread to determine who I'm most willing to vote for, either tomorrow or Tuesday, hopefully tomorrow. I wish we'd accomplished something, but as JereIC said, I think this day is more or less dead. :| (Anyone is MORE than welcome to prove me wrong... I do NOT want to end day this soon...)
"Don't let go; never give up, it's such a wonderful life..."
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:37 am

Post by JereIC »

Looks like it's time to
Vote: Norinel
Candice
Candice
Goon
Candice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:33 pm

Post by Candice »

Bleh. I'm sorry. I'm still very groggy from the anestesia and I don't want to place a vote when I can barely even type. I hope you guys won't be mad at me for waiting another day. :cry:
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:33 am

Post by Norinel »

So even though I still think there aren't any arguments against me which I haven't already sufficiently addressed to the point of the details my accusers give, (Again, why was Talitha such a shining beacon of innocence yesterday?) three votes and threat of deadline yield claiming, I guess. So remember how I said
And claiming would make another argument against me based on other dangerous assumptions about the setup
and
Another thing to consider would be that (If the role name's from an out-of-game source) there's some unknown restriction based on the character, or something.
I'm Nurse White, a doc. Yes, in addition to the one died and the one that allegedly protected Talitha N1 and/or mole N2. Yes, not a backup. Which means I'm scum, since there
must
be exactly one doc and exactly one backup doc.

As far as restrictions go, there's a character with the name in the movie
The Singing Detective
. In that movie, she wouldn't heal anyone who didn't say "Please", which would transfer well to a mafia role restriction. Nights 2 and 3, I've been assuming that to protect essentially at random outside the cop chain, since I felt killing within it would reduce confusion too much. Yoko, Quailman, and big_k in that order.
Candice
Candice
Goon
Candice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:59 am

Post by Candice »

If not for the cop thing, I'd be tempted to vote you right now, Norinel. Because
I
protected both Mole and Talitha, nights 1 and 2. And I protected her night 3, which is why I was pushin' so hard for people not to discard the possibility of Thoth having a partner. The only thing that's stopping me from voting you now is the fact that my role actually says doc, as well.

FOS: Norinel
Candice
Candice
Goon
Candice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:01 am

Post by Candice »

If not for the cop thing, I'd be tempted to vote you right now, Norinel. Because
I
protected both Mole and Talitha, nights 1 and 2. And I protected her night 3, which is why I was pushin' so hard for people not to discard the possibility of Thoth having a partner. The only thing that's stopping me from voting you now is the fact that my role actually says doc, as well.

FOS: Norinel
Candice
Candice
Goon
Candice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:01 am

Post by Candice »

Gah. Sorry.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:53 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Okay, so we got multiple snoops ánd multiple docs? In this game everything can happen, it seems.

Norinel, could we have your targets on N1, 2 and 3. Because that I couldn't clearly make out in your post.

So, either Candice is incompetent, Thoth had a partner or she is lying. I think we can discard the last option. Leaves the first two which gives us no info about how many scumgroups there are still left.

Do you also have a name, Candice?
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:48 am

Post by Phoebus »

Apologies for being away. Details in GD.
The last few posts seem to have thwarted a deadline for now...
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:20 am

Post by JereIC »

Unvote: Norinel

Bah, I can't vote for a claimed doc. Kerplunk, I think Norinel said his N1, 2, and 3 choices were Yoko Kurama, Quailman, and big_k. Is that correct, Norinel?
Candice
Candice
Goon
Candice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:17 pm

Post by Candice »

I'm little Tommy, a kid who wants to be a doctor. I'm an orphan, and I want to show my gratitude to the woman who adopted me by using my skills. I've tried to google this character but it's too vague for me to come up with anything.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:01 pm

Post by mole »

Interesting. So far we have three snoops, three doctors, a scum and a Fishbulb.
mole is now sleeping with the fishes.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:01 am

Post by Norinel »

JereIC wrote:Kerplunk, I think Norinel said his N1, 2, and 3 choices were Yoko Kurama, Quailman, and big_k. Is that correct, Norinel?
Yes.

And I said "in addition to... the one that allegedly protected Talitha N1 and/or mole N2.", so the entire point was so that Candice wouldn't have to claim. (Although I do see possibilities for misreading; I'm sorry.) But my money'd be on her having a quack-type role anyway (No real protection, the target is notified they were successfully protected), so slightly less harm done.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:43 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

Okay, I understand now.

Now to the important part, why would we believe Norinel? Claiming doc is the safest claim there is. In that view I'd like to
unvote: Norinel
and
vote: JereIC
. I get the feeling that that unvote of you was a scummy "I-told-you-so" unvote.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:01 am

Post by Quailman »

Okay. I returned from business trip Wednesday, and each time I open this thread I get confused. I didn't believe we had four cops (investigators) on day 1, and as it turned out we didn't. But now I'm supposed to believe we have 3 cops
and
3 docs? That's hard to accept, but other than what now only amounts to a gut feeling about Norinel, I don't have any solid reason not to believe him. I hate jumping around as much as I usually do, but I am going to
unvote: Norinel; vote: JereIC
and see where that goes.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:57 am

Post by JereIC »

Whoa, hold your horses there. It's just my policy not to vote for claimed docs until they've had a chance to explain themselves fully. I'm not sure I believe Norinel, and I was considering voting him again (because it seems weird that he can protect somebody night one when they have to say please first, and also since he knew so much about the movie he claims his role is from, he could just be basing his role off of that), but of course if I do that now it'll just look like I'm reacting to y'all. Kerplunk, what do you mean by an "I-told-you-so" unvote? I started the day saying I though Norniel was our best suspect, so it's not like I've been arguing for his innocence so I could later say "I told y'all he's innocent".
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:22 pm

Post by Norinel »

because it seems weird that he can protect somebody night one when they have to say please first,
I'm just speculating that that's a restriction, since we seem to have a lot of redundant-seeming roles.
and also since he knew so much about the movie he claims his role is from, he could just be basing his role off of that),
Never seen it. Google brought me to this, once I had the movie title.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:06 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

JereIC wrote:Kerplunk, what do you mean by an "I-told-you-so" unvote? I started the day saying I though Norniel was our best suspect, so it's not like I've been arguing for his innocence so I could later say "I told y'all he's innocent".
Why then took it so long for you to actually vote for him? If you play it like this then if Norinel turns out innocent, you can say "I told you so" and if Norinel tuns our to be guilty you can refer to your opening posts.

I understand that you can't vote for a claimed doc in general, but there are a lot of strange/multiple/weakened roles in this game so you could question his claim a little bit more. I felt that unvote without any comments safe "Can't vote for a claimed doc" was ackward.
Candice
Candice
Goon
Candice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:52 pm

Post by Candice »

Norinel wrote:
JereIC wrote:Kerplunk, I think Norinel said his N1, 2, and 3 choices were Yoko Kurama, Quailman, and big_k. Is that correct, Norinel?
Yes.

And I said "in addition to... the one that allegedly protected Talitha N1 and/or mole N2.", so the entire point was so that Candice wouldn't have to claim. (Although I do see possibilities for misreading; I'm sorry.) But my money'd be on her having a quack-type role anyway (No real protection, the target is notified they were successfully protected), so slightly less harm done.
D'oh... Remind me not to scum ten minutes after I wake up. >_<

I'm not so sure I have quack abilities. If I DO, we have only one killing group. I have some effectiveness, but I'm crippled somehow.

Thinking further about this, I believe Norinel. My role states Doc as well, not back-up. With 6 pro-town roles, does anyone think it's a possibilty that we don't have any straight townie roles? (I'm not asking for role-claims, just opinions on the idea.)

Analyzing hasn't gotten me anywhere. I'm going for Occam's Razor, just to try to suss out a different direction to take this day. Assuming all three of us are telling the truth, Norinel, Mole, and myself are cleared. Quailman I have some doubts about, as he was on Thoth's wagon yesterday AND didn't budge from it on Day 1. I'm not sure scum would be that blatant.

Which leaves JereIC, Big K, and Kerplunk. (Someone tell me if I've missed someone, I get the feeling I have.)

Speaking of Big K, where is he? Yooohoooo...
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:38 pm

Post by JereIC »

Kerplunk wrote:
JereIC wrote:Kerplunk, what do you mean by an "I-told-you-so" unvote? I started the day saying I though Norniel was our best suspect, so it's not like I've been arguing for his innocence so I could later say "I told y'all he's innocent".
Why then took it so long for you to actually vote for him? If you play it like this then if Norinel turns out innocent, you can say "I told you so" and if Norinel tuns our to be guilty you can refer to your opening posts.

I understand that you can't vote for a claimed doc in general, but there are a lot of strange/multiple/weakened roles in this game so you could question his claim a little bit more. I felt that unvote without any comments safe "Can't vote for a claimed doc" was ackward.
I didn't vote Norinel right off the bat because I've been burned lately by doing that in other games. Usually, I end up fighting hard to get a guy lynched, and he turns out to be a townie, and I get lynched the next day. Not fun.

As for not questioning Norinel's claim, I thought I had caught him in a lie about his night choice protections and people saying "Please", so I tried to make him commit firmly to the claims to make sure he couldn't later say "Oops, I meant to say..." I figured it'd be best to look unthreatening, so I unvoted him and asked my question as innocently as I could. It ultimately turned out I had just gotten confused, and he could have made those night choices.

At this point, my brain says Norinel is lying, but my gut says he's innocent. The Doc White claim is just so convinient, and fits in so well with the game, I'm tending to not believe it, and I'm going to go with the brain.

Vote: Norinel
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:38 pm

Post by JereIC »

Hey-low? Anyone else got an opinion?
Candice
Candice
Goon
Candice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:48 pm

Post by Candice »

Prod Big_K? I'm not voting without hearing from him, at least. I wish we'd hear from more people, too.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:07 am

Post by Phoebus »

Apologies. I thought he posted here.
big_k is away. I have sketchy access till Xmas day. Please bear with me. I'll try and find a replacement soon.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:07 am

Post by Phoebus »

Stewie replaces big_k effective immediately.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”