Zero
Zero
Townie
Zero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:37 pm

Post by Zero »

I hardly think coming to a consensus on the purpose of the task can be dismissed as mere semantics. On the teammember front, 2/3 of our team has responded to the judges so far, compared to 1/3 of the other team. But as the Project Manager on this task I do represent the team.
This is not me
This is not me
Goon
This is not me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:51 pm

Post by This is not me »

extactly like zero said he is the project manager and represents us....
The music freak :P
Reginald L. Everett
Reginald L. Everett
Watcher
Reginald L. Everett
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:47 am

Post by Reginald L. Everett »

And I didn't say it would appeal to people "on all different kinds of forums". Rather it would appeal to people on many different kinds of forums, but not all.
And this is not at
all
nitpicking. ~rolls eyes~

Incidentally, it's nice to see we now have semantics
and
sycophants. This post was brought to you by the letter S.
You're going to have to try harder than [i]that[/i].
Zero
Zero
Townie
Zero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:55 am

Post by Zero »

That was quite on topic. You accused me of being hypocritical, paraphrasing me as saying "will appeal to people on all different kinds of forums, but a movie poster and trailer (which appeals to a far wider audience than just the gamers) will not?" I defended my statement. That statement was in response to claims that Syndicate's campaign could only reach 20 people, it was not a statement that it could be seen by more people than a poster. You implied that it was hypocritical since a poster and trailer could reach even more people, but I addressed why it could not (degree of influence, and the broader audience being outside the scope of the task and already served by other posters and trailers).

This is a boardroom, not a game of mafia where you can randomly accuse people of being scum. If you throw around indefensible accusations at someone (like hypocrite), you have to be prepared to back it up or concede.
Winston Moneybags IV
Winston Moneybags IV
Watcher
Winston Moneybags IV
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:45 am

Post by Winston Moneybags IV »

Zero,

Good answer, although I wish you would have included that all in your original proposal. Since you just added it here, it looks to me like you are just thinking on your feet (a good thing), but that it was not thought out orginally. If you dont think out every possible outcome, you are bound to fail.

Do you have these other roles that can be substitued in to make the game slightly different in each iteration or are these just hypothtetical? Dont talk about something if you cant back it up with proof.

And Cosa Nostra, I am still waiting for a response from you....
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:08 am

Post by Blackberry »

Cosa Nostra: What makes your movie trailer and poster so exciting/special/outstanding? Have you scored/recorded any of the music, by any chance? Captured any screenshots for us? For something that took twice as long as the opposing team's effort, with half the creativity, I'm looking for something more to compel me.

We did our fair amount of research to carefully select which scenes we would use for the trailer. The rules stated we'd be judged on our concept, therefore I put my concept out there, I didn't think it would be necessary to give you actual visuals, as I believe we have people we can hire to do that.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:14 am

Post by Blackberry »

The goal of the project was to create a marketing campaign that targets a specific demographic, what parts of your trailer were designed with that thought in mind?

We believe our advertisement would spread through word of mouth and excitement through us, and our friend, AniX. I have great belief our advertisement would have influenced more than
twenty
people from MafiaScum.
Zero
Zero
Townie
Zero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:23 am

Post by Zero »

Blackberry wrote:We believe our advertisement would spread through word of mouth and excitement through us, and our friend, AniX. I have great belief our advertisement would have influenced more than
twenty
people from MafiaScum.
But your social network isn't scalable to a larger campaign. If thats a component of your success, then it could not possibly be applied much further than mafiascum.net itself. We could claim that more people would be aware of our game than were actually playing. I'm certainly aware of more games than I'm playing here, and large games often have a series of substitute players over time. Its not a strong effect, but I would argue that having the game consistently around for a while is no less compelling than being told how awesome a trailer is.
Winston Moneybags IV
Winston Moneybags IV
Watcher
Winston Moneybags IV
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:41 am

You guys are not judging each other, we are. I do not want to hear any more comments about the other teams project from either team. Bashing the other side makes your side look worse.
Reginald L. Everett
Reginald L. Everett
Watcher
Reginald L. Everett
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:46 pm

Thankyou, Moneybags.

I wonder, are we qualified to recommend (or recommend against) candidates themselves? There are a few more things I would like to add.

I have nothing further to say to the Syndicate, and wish to hear nothing further about them. I will not be told anything other than why Zero was right anyway.
Blackberry wrote:We did our fair amount of research to carefully select which scenes we would use for the trailer. The rules stated we'd be judged on our concept, therefore I put my concept out there, I didn't think it would be necessary to give you actual visuals, as I believe we have people we can hire to do that.
As do Disney.

Your use of the phrase "my concept" interests me. How much interaction was there between team members in the forming of this task?
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:42 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Reginald L. Everett wrote:Thankyou, Moneybags.

I wonder, are we qualified to recommend (or recommend against) candidates themselves? There are a few more things I would like to add.

I have nothing further to say to the Syndicate, and wish to hear nothing further about them. I will not be told anything other than why Zero was right anyway.
Blackberry wrote:We did our fair amount of research to carefully select which scenes we would use for the trailer. The rules stated we'd be judged on our concept, therefore I put my concept out there, I didn't think it would be necessary to give you actual visuals, as I believe we have people we can hire to do that.
As do Disney.

Your use of the phrase "my concept" interests me. How much interaction was there between team members in the forming of this task?
When I said 'my concept', I ment to say it in the terms of our team's concept.

Team interaction? I communicated with everyone, and everyone had some idea, big or
small
. Everyone agreed upon the final submission.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:47 pm

Post by Iammars »

I can say that Blackberry and myself had a quite a bit of communication going on between us about what scenes we should have in the trailer.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:57 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Yea, boyyyyyy-eeeeeeeeeeeee. Thump and I constantly talked aoubt the lines and stuff to add. He was like put this in, and I would be like take this out, you know what I"m sayin?
Surfs up dude.
Zero
Zero
Townie
Zero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:51 pm

Post by Zero »

Winston Moneybags IV wrote:Zero,

Good answer, although I wish you would have included that all in your original proposal. Since you just added it here, it looks to me like you are just thinking on your feet (a good thing), but that it was not thought out orginally. If you dont think out every possible outcome, you are bound to fail.

Do you have these other roles that can be substitued in to make the game slightly different in each iteration or are these just hypothtetical? Dont talk about something if you cant back it up with proof.
You're right, its not part of our original proposal, but rather a response to your feedback. We believe that our submission is a solid foundation and plan, but not a finished product. If chosen, it would be the starting point for our polished campaign, but those finishing touches for either team would be applied after the basic idea is selected. To quote Narninian: "it doesnt have to be completly finished -- (with the poster we'd have artists make it prettier) but I'd like to to be solidly laid out for me". I believe that the roles we've provided give a very concrete example of the direction we're taking this, but we can fill in the full supplemental roles if and when you select our product.
Reginald L. Everett
Reginald L. Everett
Watcher
Reginald L. Everett
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:41 am

Well, Narninian has informed me that it is time to make a decision. Truth be told, my mind was made up as soon as I saw the second submission. I had high hopes that it would prove more creative than the effort of that insufferable know-it-all Zero. To say I was sorely disappointed would be an understatement of the highest degree.

Cosa Nostra's submission was unimaginative -
pedestrian
, I believe, was the word I used - an example of such "inside-the-box" thinking that it made me feel claustrophobic. I have no positive comment to make, other than a weak commendation that they at least went to the effort to make a poster.

My vote goes to
The Syndicate
. The idea is a good one, the appeal high. It engages its target demographic perfectly and not only is likely to attract mafia players to "Narnia", but also to attract "Narnia" fans to mafia playing. It will not reach a particularly wide audience, but it is the kind of idea which would spread via word of mouth. Advertising at the ground level, and interactive. I have heard it said that the best kind of invention or idea is the one that seems glaringly obvious once it has been invented. I think that this is one of those ideas. The Syndicate have done wonderfully, and the time in which they completed their project was certainly a bonus.

I have a few notes about the project manager also. Either he is a terrible candidate for your company, Narninian, or a fantastic one. From the beginning he was on the defensive - sensitive to being judged - hostile in attitude toward those doing the judging. Interested, I baited him further, and he took the bait, going so far as to stoop to an (admittedly retaliatory) personal attack upon his superior. This shows a stubbornness and a rebellious attitude which is entirely undesirable. But he also defended his project, and defended it
well
, refining his plans on the fly and solving potential problems as they are presented to him. He refused to be intimidated, and stuck to his convictions. This is indeed commendable. If Zero is able to keep his attitude in check, he would make a great asset to your company. The question, of course, is one of whether or not he is able to do so.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:10 am

Post by Blackberry »

I want to say, simply and quickly:

Our advertisement
promotes the movie
. It encourages people to go see
the movie
, with an exciting trailer. Trailers are orginal and excitement and the thrill of the movie trailer is what encourages people to see movies.

I believe the objective of the project was to promote the Movie the best way possible, and I think we did that the best.
Winston Moneybags IV
Winston Moneybags IV
Watcher
Winston Moneybags IV
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:02 am

They are looking to create some 'buzz' about the movie in the mafiascum community, and to appeal to the target audience that tends to go to Mafiascum.

There is the goal of this project, plain and simple.

Cosa Nostra's submission does not seem to incorportate that at all. I fail to see how the trailer appeals to this demographic, in my estimation it is a generic trailer.

Thereofore I must
vote for The Syndicate
because their submission does appeal to the Mafiascum community. My biggest concern was with the scope of the project, but if you do develop additional roles and randomize them, then this can be run multiple times.

Nice job Syndicate. Cosa Nostra needs to be more imaginative in the future if any one of them want a chance to win this.
Zero
Zero
Townie
Zero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:11 am

Post by Zero »

Thanks guys. Good work team. But we'll hold off on the champagne until Cash and Narninian weigh in.
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:27 am

Post by Narninian »

Well -- it'd be nice for a consensus -- but its not needed, I'd like to hear Cash's opinion, but no need to wait for the boardroom.. Cosa Nostra -- you're done.
The extra in is for /in
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:28 am

Post by Narninian »

I'm pretty sure who I'd like to fire, but I'd like to hear from each of you why you SHOULDNT be fired.
The extra in is for /in
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:56 am

Post by Narninian »

Well the disney executives have decided to go with the Syndicate's Idea: I'll be overseeing this project myself.
The extra in is for /in
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:32 am

Post by Fritzler »

Narninian wrote:I'm pretty sure who I'd like to fire, but I'd like to hear from each of you why you SHOULDNT be fired.
I'm gonna come straight out and say I SHOULD be fired. I did little to no work on this last idea. I approached older challenges, giving them my all, but I did nothing on this one. Although, if I'm not fired, I'll uhhh change, yea, change.

PS If you fire me its racist.
Surfs up dude.
Bruno
Bruno
Ninja
Bruno
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:12 pm

Post by Bruno »

Don't Worry Narninian never fires anybody... you might want to see what happened to the other applicants though...
umm... Die. Thank you.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:10 pm

Post by Fritzler »

YEA BOY!

COLD MEDINA!
Surfs up dude.
Blackberry's Voice
Blackberry's Voice
Blackberry's Voice

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:37 pm

Post by Blackberry's Voice »

I don't think I should be fired because I worked hard on this task. I was the only one to come up with the idea of a movie-trailer. Me and Iammars constructed the trailer ourselves. Fritzler was incharge of the poster, and did not turn it into me when I requested it to, therefore I had to make it myself. (thus, explaining why we turned in our submission closer to the deadline)

Fritzler is a good man and one of my best buds. But in all honesty, he didn't do anything
this
task.

I've already talked to Iammars and Fritzler and informed them both I'd rather be working with Iammars to CRUSH The Syndicated next round and hopefully
until the end.

Return to “Social Game Archive”