Newbie 1484 (Day Two)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:03 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

You keep posting like that, Bulba and I might change my mind about you.

Are trust lists feasible at this point in the game?
A genius, huh? What does that mean? "Genius"? So I was not born with a whole lot of natural talent, not gifted like Neji… but I work hard and I never give up! That is my gift; that is my ninja way! ---- Rock Lee
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:07 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I was simply updating my reads with a townread on you whilst maintaining a previous disposition.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:33 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

Not what I meant. :p

I meant like, a full trust list. I honestly am not sure about when it's a good idea to do a trust list.
A genius, huh? What does that mean? "Genius"? So I was not born with a whole lot of natural talent, not gifted like Neji… but I work hard and I never give up! That is my gift; that is my ninja way! ---- Rock Lee
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:41 am

Post by Hopkirk »

My good fellow your perception is faulty. You see my post before this was in reference to your primary point rather than the second.

Post trust lists now if you want. You can't really have many scumreads.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:55 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

Ohhhhh, I missed a comma. I meant to say that I would change my mind about Bulba if he continued to post in the way that he does. :p

Unless I'm missing your point again. Which I very well could be, I'm bad at these things.

I'll post a trust list sometime tonight (several hours) I don't have the energy or the time to do it right now.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:30 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 320, Thesoctorisin wrote:Doctorhh-scum. Earlier I said he was leaning scum but now I think he is scum. He and <original were both lurkers and I was wrong about <original(at least before the very end) so I don't want to make the same mistake twice.
This is a logical fallacy, fyi
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 322, JarJarDrinks wrote:Yeah, you made that post after 2 other people indicated intent to hammer. You get no credit for the lynch.
I think trying to get credit for a lynch is stupid, and perhaps even scummy. The only reason I stated intent when I did and then hammered, was because Hopkirk and Soctor seemed to be dragging their feet, Original was not that strong of a PR read to derail a lynch, and I didn't want the day to end in a no lynch.
In post 322, JarJarDrinks wrote: Meh, you think a cop is really gonna straight u ask who people think should be investigated?
Those questions showed that Original was not really a great mafia player to begin with, so I wasn't discounting the possibility.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:19 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

Thesoctorisin - Everyone seems to think he's scum. I'm mostly unsure on him, but I'd be willing to swing towards thinking he's scum.
Docthorr - He doesn't seem to talk a lot. Either that or I seem to miss him. I don't like it when I can't remember people and I think it's scummy. Leaning scum.
JarJarDrinks - Townread. I have nothing that makes me think otherwise. However, me being as paranoid as I am, it worries me that literally nothing seems to be suspicious about him.
I Love Fairies - WELL I DUNNO ABOUT THIS ONE.
Hopkirk - Town. I don't entirely agree with all of his ideas and his reads, but he actually puts reasons behind his arguments, and that's townie to me.
catboi - Meh, I don't have much of an opinion on him either. Currently leaning town.
Bulbazak - I really can't figure out what exactly it is that makes me reluctant to read you as town. Just something seems...off to me. Still, it's unfair to place someone as scum on my trust list for literally no reason. Neutralish.
In post 331, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 322, JarJarDrinks wrote:Yeah, you made that post after 2 other people indicated intent to hammer. You get no credit for the lynch.
I think trying to get credit for a lynch is stupid, and perhaps even scummy. The only reason I stated intent when I did and then hammered, was because Hopkirk and Soctor seemed to be dragging their feet, Original was not that strong of a PR read to derail a lynch, and I didn't want the day to end in a no lynch.
And with this, I'm willing to put Bulba at slight townread.

It's honestly frustrating me why I can't place why I think you're scum. I know there has to be something, there always is. The last time I felt like this, I was trying to figure out what I was forgetting; after doing tons of homework preemptively, cleaning the entire house, checking my phone, and checking with my best friend, my roommate came into my room and told me my water had been boiling for "forever." So I might be missing something, or I might just be super paranoid. It's possible I'm just being overly suspicious of you because of your ava. It's off putting to me for some reason.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:20 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

An off note, what is your ava, Bulba?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:25 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 333, I Love Fairies wrote:An off note, what is your ava, Bulba?
Artemis Fowl.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:34 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

Oh! That might explain it a little bit. I haven't actually read the books, but I do know that Artemis is a little brat. ;p Well, at least, that's how I was told he was like.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:11 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

Also, you've mentioned "posturing" at least three times now, I'm guessing that you've missed the two questions asking what that is, so while it's quiet, could you explain what posturing is?
Docthorr
Docthorr
Goon
Docthorr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:02 pm

Post by Docthorr »

If you think I am scum, so be it. I have been very quiet. Even to quiet for my own likings.
I did have the original vote on LTO :wink:

These are mostly done from what I remember and isolation.

Thesoctorisin: I do think he made a newbie mistake on day 1, from which he can't seem to recover. :right: leaning town
After rereading his posts. Don't like the interaction with LTO. :right: on the fence/scummy

JarJarDrinks: I like him. Very active with good content. :right: top town

I Love Fairies: Can't get a solid read on her. :right: on the fence

Hopkirk: Also very active. Got very upset about the RVS vote and dragged it way to long imo. This makes him a bit more scummy than he otherwise would. (read it from another PoV and now I see the problem, but this is null) Does give arguments and did a fake hammer :right: towny

catboi: I do agree with a lot of his posts, but for the rest not a lot to read of. :right: leaning town

Bulbazak: I am weary of him :right: on the fence

I don't have a read I like to follow up with a vote atm.

@MOD, you might want to update the first post -> Living and Dead players
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:08 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

I think trying to get credit for a lynch is stupid, and perhaps even scummy.
My point is that some poeple are townreads of mine because they helped lynch scum. You did not help us lynch scum. You wanted us to lynch someone else (though I admit that person could very well be scum as well) and are an experienced player. Therefore you are a potential scumread of mine.

In post 322, JarJarDrinks wrote: Meh, you think a cop is really gonna straight u ask who people think should be investigated?
Those questions showed that Original was not really a great mafia player to begin with, so I wasn't discounting the possibility.
What about the questions made you think she wasn't a great mafia player ?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:41 pm

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 334, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 333, I Love Fairies wrote:An off note, what is your ava, Bulba?
Artemis Fowl.
Totally thought it was Harold from Harold and Kumar.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

In post 335, I Love Fairies wrote:Oh! That might explain it a little bit. I haven't actually read the books, but I do know that Artemis is a little brat. ;p Well, at least, that's how I was told he was like.
THAT'S MY HERO YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT AND HE IS AN AWESOME GENIUS BUT STILL KIND OF A BRAT SOMETIMES.

70 POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:22 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

In post 337, Docthorr wrote:
Holy ravioli, you guys are some of the pushiest newbies I've ever met! I like it!

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:24 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

--:Vote Count:--
  • Thesoctorisin [ 2 ] Hopkirk, Bulbazak
  • Docthorr [ 0 ]
  • JarJarDrinks [ 0 ]
  • I Love Fairies [ 0 ]
  • Hopkirk [ 0 ]
  • catboi [ 0 ]
  • Bulbazak [ 0 ]
Not Voting
: Thesoctorisin, Docthorr, JarJarDrinks, I Love Fairies, catboi
Amount To Lynch
: With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch
Deadline
: 11:59PM of April 8th EST.

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by catboi »

still undecided about what way I want to go today, it's going to take me a bit. LTO had so few interactions there's not a lot I can draw from the flip.
Thesoctorisin
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:16 pm

Post by Thesoctorisin »

@catboi You'll notice I haven't voted for him for this exact reason. I realize it doesn't make much sense. Yesterday I had him at leaning scum. He hasn't done anything to make me see him as town yet so he can only become more scummy in my eyes or stay the same. I thought <original was null till the end. As you can see, I was wrong. I don't want to make the same mistake twice but believe me, I will only vote him if a, he gives me legit reasons to or b, it gets close to twilight and I'm still not certain who is scum
Thesoctorisin
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:17 pm

Post by Thesoctorisin »

I guess you could say its more of a "gut" feeling.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:16 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

In post 340, Robocopter87 wrote:
In post 335, I Love Fairies wrote:Oh! That might explain it a little bit. I haven't actually read the books, but I do know that Artemis is a little brat. ;p Well, at least, that's how I was told he was like.
THAT'S MY HERO YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT AND HE IS AN AWESOME GENIUS BUT STILL KIND OF A BRAT SOMETIMES.

70 POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR
In all likelihood, I would be Hufflepuff.

Doc, if you'll remember back, Number One was the first vote on <original, Number One just voted off quickly until the bandwagon picked up steam.
Docthorr
Docthorr
Goon
Docthorr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:44 am

Post by Docthorr »

In post 341, Robocopter87 wrote:
In post 337, Docthorr wrote:
Holy ravioli, you guys are some of the pushiest newbies I've ever met! I like it!
It is because I am lazy and I wanted to copy the living players, but half of them aren't even in the game xD
Docthorr
Docthorr
Goon
Docthorr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:47 am

Post by Docthorr »

In post 346, I Love Fairies wrote:
Doc, if you'll remember back, Number One was the first vote on <original, Number One just voted off quickly until the bandwagon picked up steam.
Would anyone keep a vote on a scumbuddy for so long? And let it end in a lynch?
This just seems bad mafia play, imo.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:39 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 344, Thesoctorisin wrote:@catboi You'll notice I haven't voted for him for this exact reason. I realize it doesn't make much sense. Yesterday I had him at leaning scum. He hasn't done anything to make me see him as town yet so he can only become more scummy in my eyes or stay the same. I thought <original was null till the end. As you can see, I was wrong. I don't want to make the same mistake twice but believe me, I will only vote him if a, he gives me legit reasons to or b, it gets close to twilight and I'm still not certain who is scum
WHo are you talking about?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”