Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:42 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 323, jbomber732 wrote:Are you blind? I quoted bob's post. where did I ask anti any question?
no, but it's still part of the "vote hopping is scummy" argument.

Vote Count 1.13

Hopkirk (3) - beastcharizard, Twisted Advice, MonkeyMan576
Bicephalous Bob (2) - PeregrineV, Antihero
burn_209 (2) - Lords of the Unreal, MafiaSSK
jbomber732 (1) - burn_209
beastcharizard (1) - Katarina LeBlanc
Katarina LeBlanc (1) - Turkish Van
GreyICE (1) - Kublai Khan
Guzame (1) - jbomber732
MafiaSSK (1) - notscience
PeregrineV (1) - Bicephalous Bob
Kublai Khan (1) - GreyICE

Not Voting (3) - Metal Sonic, Guzame, Hopkirk

18 alive, 10 to lynch. Deadline is set for 3 weeks from now, on April 21st, 2014 at 6:00 p.m., PST.

Countdown:
(expired on 2014-04-21 18:00:00)
Last edited by The Knight-Errant on Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:46 am

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

anyway the real answer is to keep the doctor away
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:55 am

Post by jbomber732 »

In post 325, Antihero wrote:
In post 323, jbomber732 wrote:Are you blind? I quoted bob's post. where did I ask anti any question?
no, but it's still part of the "vote hopping is scummy" argument.
Actually, I was just merely wondering why bob can't stay with 1 vote. He literally changes every time he doesn't like someone's vote.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:59 am

Post by Antihero »

"staying with one vote" is scummy
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:04 am

Post by jbomber732 »

Not staying with 1 vote persay, but he switches every single time he doesn't get good vibes off someone. I never said it was bad, I was just asking him a question, and I didn't get an answer.
Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:20 am

Post by Twisted Advice »

In post 261, notscience wrote:Hey Mala

You and peng should have a long discussion about the following topics

1) Why isn't ns in our townreads yet

2) When we put him in our townreads do we put him in the "holy fuck he's town" slot, the "obvtown" slot, or the "holy fuck he's obvtown" slot

Can someone on the hopkirk wagon (I'd prefer one of the later votes) explain why it's a thing? "Bcoz he's scummy" is not an answer.
You are not obvtown yet and you should really know it.
In post 269, burn_209 wrote:Now if you were town you wouldnt be lazy because as a town member you have to actually make shit happen instead of sit back and let shit come your way like scum do.

So on that note VOTE: jbomber
Wall + this = town
In post 273, jbomber732 wrote:Ok, even though he has only posted like twice, I've gotten extremely strong scumreads from them.

VOTE GUZAME
This post gave me cancer.
In post 275, Lords of the Unreal wrote:
In post 262, burn_209 wrote:-big wall of stuff-
Congratulations on making a sizable post yet saying absolutely nothing of consequence. Your entire post is majorly composed of flimsy "could go either way" comments that can easily be backed out of later and look tailor-made not to raise anyone's ire. The one and only even slightly solid comment you made (notsci's play) was backed out of in your very next post, even. Complete rubbish.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: burn

~Island
The wall was more substantial than you give it credit for, and more importantly while it didn't say as much as perhaps it could it was filled with town thought processes IMO.
In post 289, notscience wrote:UNVOTE:

>.>

And beast, I invite you to 1v1 me.
Why unvote then?
In post 293, Kublai Khan wrote: Bicephalous Bob is a townread because I haven't read a decent case on him. Got one?
I had gotten the impression you were reading the thread, but you may have just proved me wrong.
In post 302, Lords of the Unreal wrote:SSK's town.

~Stalker
...???
In post 311, GreyICE wrote:@Twisted: Hopkirk is town. Vote scum.
Convince me.
In post 317, Hopkirk wrote:Why are people scum-reading hop is a better question which I have seen no good response to.
Read our posts???

Iago
Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:22 am

Post by Twisted Advice »

In post 329, jbomber732 wrote:Not staying with 1 vote persay, but he switches every single time he doesn't get good vibes off someone. I never said it was bad, I was just asking him a question, and I didn't get an answer.
You appear to be scrambling for a reason for this scumread.

Iago
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:23 am

Post by GreyICE »

@Twisted: I don't do towncases. Read his ISO, you'll convince yourself.

Then vote Khan or Bomber. Or maybe Bob. All good wagons.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:24 am

Post by jbomber732 »

No, its just that I asked bob a question and then anti started grilling me about a question that wasnt even asked to him. I guess I was scrambling, but just because I don't want him to scumread me.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:52 am

Post by Hopkirk »

"Read our posts???"

I see you missed where i said "good" reason.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:52 am

Post by Antihero »

not scumreading you, jbomber

i'm educating you
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:55 am

Post by jbomber732 »

Um well thank you for educating me
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:10 am

Post by Turkish Van »

In post 303, notscience wrote:Then both of you get your heads out of your asses and put your vote on something that isn't lynchbait
Do you see MafiaSSK as non-lynchbait?

Kublai Khan, given your deteriorated read on Hopkirk, how does that impact your take on beastcharizard's interactions with Hopkirk? And I kind of follow what you mean about Hopkirk having odd logic patterns. Things like claiming that one vote was a reaction test does seem to come from a town mindset of wanting to incite interaction/reactions, even if the execution is shoddy. What I'm having trouble deciding is whether this is genuine or scum covering for a bizarre play. I seem to recall seeing newish players claim to be reaction testing before and capitalizing on their unclear execution as scum, so I'm interested in hearing what parts of Hopkirk's postings you think are town motivated.

As far as Bob goes, his play reads as incredibly anti-town. I don't see anything in particular that makes me think he's town, but I'm also not sure what motivation he'd have as scum to play that way. Mala was saying in a brief convo that Bob has played this way as scum before, but I want to look into it myself.

Grey, I'm not sure about Khan right now; I agree that his stances are less than solid, but I'm also seeing some genuine attempts to figure people out in the process. I disagree about jbomber quite a bit though. His reaction to you calling him out on not voting doesn't read scummy. He eventually places a vote but didn't exactly leap to appease you in the process. I'd expect scum to move one way or hte other, especially with the slight town read on you he professed right around the time you called him out. Brown-nosing scum seem more likely to do that along with placing a vote, or get paralyzed and not vote at all.

Antihero, you discuss the appeasing thing in . Looking at it along with his subsequent play, do you still think jbomber is scum trying to placate his critics?

Katarina, why do you make no attempts to convince others you're voting scum or engage with anyone?

--PA
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:16 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 337, Turkish Van wrote:Antihero, you discuss the appeasing thing in 237. Looking at it along with his subsequent play, do you still think jbomber is scum trying to placate his critics?
that's one explanation for it
or he could just be a people pleaser

gut's telling me it's the latter
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:18 am

Post by jbomber732 »

what do you mean by people pleaser?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:21 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 337, Turkish Van wrote:Grey, I'm not sure about Khan right now; I agree that his stances are less than solid, but I'm also seeing some genuine attempts to figure people out in the process. I disagree about jbomber quite a bit though. His reaction to you calling him out on not voting doesn't read scummy. He eventually places a vote but didn't exactly leap to appease you in the process. I'd expect scum to move one way or hte other, especially with the slight town read on you he professed right around the time you called him out. Brown-nosing scum seem more likely to do that along with placing a vote, or get paralyzed and not vote at all.
this would be good if khan was... i don't know.. an "intermediate" player (like me)

given his join date, i would think his scum game has advanced beyond that

what i said before about beast and the hard line defense of bob bugs me, but you're saying that you think it's an attempt to figure something out?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:24 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 339, jbomber732 wrote:what do you mean by people pleaser?
you're really self-conscious about how other people see you and really want to be seen as town

it's the kind of newb i was, and it's fairly common
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:27 am

Post by jbomber732 »

In post 341, Antihero wrote:you're really self-conscious about how other people see you and really want to be seen as town

it's the kind of newb i was, and it's fairly common
Yeah I think its just my history on this site, I am always scumread as town so I do try to look as towny as possible
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:27 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 340, Antihero wrote:
In post 337, Turkish Van wrote:Grey, I'm not sure about Khan right now; I agree that his stances are less than solid, but I'm also seeing some genuine attempts to figure people out in the process. I disagree about jbomber quite a bit though. His reaction to you calling him out on not voting doesn't read scummy. He eventually places a vote but didn't exactly leap to appease you in the process. I'd expect scum to move one way or hte other, especially with the slight town read on you he professed right around the time you called him out. Brown-nosing scum seem more likely to do that along with placing a vote, or get paralyzed and not vote at all.
this would be good if khan was... i don't know.. an "intermediate" player (like me)

what i said before about beast and the hard line defense of bob bugs me, but you're saying that you think it's an attempt to figure something out?
actually, just had a look at khan's profile and it's about comparable to mine. i have a pretty unusually crappy scum game, though.

whatever. the last line of the above post still stands. my general point was that any scumbag who isn't terrible could pretty easily evade penny's scumtells
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:59 am

Post by Turkish Van »

In post 340, Antihero wrote:

What gets me about Kublai Khan's stance on Hopkirk and beast is that he doesn't have a clear read on Hopkirk any longer (citing post 174 as bad enough to throw his town read on Hopkirk into doubt) but he's still drawing conclusions about beast from beast's interactions with Hopkirk. The logic presented is disjointed in a way that could come from scum being artificial or town considering multiple angles. That he pings as town for other aspects of his play (willingness to be antagonistic, mostly) makes me lean town in his motivations.

Bob comes off as low-hanging fruit upon first read, and if one was more sold on other scum reads, I could see dismissing him as such. But there's such strong anti-town play there that I don't buy town-Bob. Kublai Khan wanting a case on him does show a lack of motivation, given how straightforward Bob's ISO is.

I guess what it boils down to is that I want to see where Kublai goes from here. Right now the town vibes are overriding the questionable content for me. And IIRC, the last time I saw Kublai play, he was in a Pick Your Poison game as an IC who got run up to the point where he claimed D1. I didn't read the game carefully due to limited duration, but I'll put it on the list to see if there's overlap between here and there.
In post 343, Antihero wrote:actually, just had a look at khan's profile and it's about comparable to mine. i have a pretty unusually crappy scum game, though.

whatever. the last line of the above post still stands. my general point was that any scumbag who isn't terrible could pretty easily evade penny's scumtells
...I think we've established that I at least read you for shit when you're scum. Your call if that's more due to my lousy town play or your selectively good scum play; I'm not picky.

We're still working with limited info here given early Day One, and I tend to think that scum still have general motives and goals regardless of scum tells' accuracy.

--PA
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:15 am

Post by Antihero »

meh, antagonism is null unless it's serving a clear purpose to advance reads. i don't think complaining about hydras qualifies.

re: bob; right. bob is such low hanging fruit that this wagon is just taking off in no time. oh wait a second...
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:00 am

Post by jbomber732 »

Now I know why mala might scumread me! I had a derp moment. I said that I had never used a QT before, which was an unintentional lie. I forgot that me and mala were in a QT and completely derped out. So, I do know what a QT is. I know you can make your own name on their, so please find me someone in this game who would have their QT name as blue ffs.
Katarina LeBlanc
Katarina LeBlanc
Mafia Scum
Katarina LeBlanc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:38 am

Post by Katarina LeBlanc »

In post 322, beastcharizard wrote:Kat, you agreed that Hopkirk was scum. I started the wagon and now you are voting me. Next you voted antihero at one point and yet he probably drove home the Hopkirk wagon getting people to actually join it. You thought he was scum as well. So do you no longer think Hopkirk is scum or are you just voting random people to make it look like you are attempting to do something.

@bomber:

Someone asked anti that question already so I don't see the point of yours.
This is me attempting to look like I'm doing something.

This is also me laughing at you.
jbomber732
jbomber732
Goon
jbomber732
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:06 am

Post by jbomber732 »

This is my getting good vibes off that post.
Twisted Advice
Twisted Advice
Goon
Twisted Advice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:18 am

Post by Twisted Advice »

This is me not being sure whether or not 346 should be causing me to repeatedly slam my head into my desk.

Iago

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”