Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:03 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Yeah Jason there's totally no town motive behind grilling someone on their reads to see if they're legit or if they're made up
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:03 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Does anyone disagree with me on Boon?

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:14 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 59, SleepyKrew wrote:Thor, thoughts on the recent developments between Trojan and I?

You are townish (you are super townish to some of my backup, so that may be affecting my take there a bit)
Trojan is kind of meh to mild scum, but I'm not really sure if you're hard catching him. I could support his wagon if it became the biggest.

I am of the opinion that the town play in this game is bad or the scum play is great (or both) because I actually made a reads list as offered by myself and all my partners and it is pretty laughable. I'm currently voting someone who is being solid townread and I think that's a perfectly fine place to be at this second because...the hell?

Basically Egg, Sleepy, and Mala are the most "agreed upon" positions because they tend to favor null to town (I will admit to personal bias in my own Egg vote but, meh)
The scum reads are all over the place and are weak, ranging from Delta for faking looking town, to Micc for sheeping, to Trojan for...who the hell knows, and I have some town reads in that batch, myself.
So (in my usual humble fashion) I'm just deciding I like all the reads that agree with mine, and dislike the others and am leaving it at that for the moment.
I'm good with the Dragon push - His push on me fails to equate to scumplay as opposed to 'I dislike this guy' play which means he is looking for someone whom he thinks is lynchable rather than someone he thinks is scum.
I oppose the Mala push - though it's functionally still an RVS push at this stage.
I oppose the Egg push, the logic of 'he's avoiding scumhunting' by asking sthar8 for his thoughts is...well, that's actually the definition of scumhunting, methinks.
I'm neutral on the Boon push, and it's being done by my top scumread...meh.
I am good with the Delta push, split on the wagon, but groupmind basically dislikes him, basically. If it got big I could move to it happily.
I am fine with the Jason push and find the wagon to feel mostly good, I'm honestly kind of worried that it still remains the best wagon - I think we need a hammer intent and claim soon just to clarify ourselves on the wagons. Town is very disorganized right now. I will add in some personal theory work that the reason everything is so disjointed and there hasn't been a solid push on him is because either he is scum or the lynch is terrible, and I don't think this lynch looks terrible, do any of you?

Boon, Egg, and Mala do need to get votes into play yesterday though.
Seriously guys.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:31 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

In post 317, Fenchurch wrote:Trojan - earlier you mentioned that Tammy expected to be able to get a good read on jason. Has she read the game recently, and if so, what are her current thoughts?

She's following the game. She's still trying to figure Jason out.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:57 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Thor, am I wrong about STD and his reads though? Forget whether your team likes me or not, logic only here

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:48 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 317, Fenchurch wrote:SleepyKrew - you're the only player in the game who's not yet placed a single vote. What's your explanation for this? Would you normally wait so long?

That's untrue. I have placed exactly one vote so far. It was a pressure vote. No other votes yet because no scumreads yet. Does it normally take this long for me to get a scumread? Probably not.
To be clear: quack
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:51 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 323, DeltaWave wrote:57 thing?

In your catchup, post 57 had nothing to do with what you described. STD's been using that as the example of how you aren't actually reading...
To be clear: quack
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:06 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Delta:

I grow weary of this. You are clearly not reading my posts and quite frankly I think you're making up this read on me since instead of countering ANY PROOF that I've had reads all game you're just like "oh, he's totally making up reads."

If you want to engage me, then fine, take a second to read and understand what I've said. Or you can keep up with your "that's bullshit" tactic and see how far that gets you.

Also, I presented a case on you! (I'll admit it's mostly just pointing out you've barely done shit all this game except for your readslist). So I don't get how you're all surprised you got my vote. Completely ignoring me is definitely not the way to convince me of this "logic" you supposedly know what it is or that you are giving me more than a cursory glance to see how to paint me negatively. Granted yes my vote was reactionary. I've apparently been doing that all game. But if you're town I think it's time you started putting some thought into this.

Now. Go read , tell me where in it I mention the SK wagon at all. Hint, it's nowhere.

Go read and tell me how that doesn't showcase what my thought process is; how my reads are soooo arcane and made up when they've been in the thread this entire time.

UNVOTE: Delta
I'll wait. Convince me you actually can construct a logical argument.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 329, DeltaWave wrote:Thor, am I wrong about STD and his reads though? Forget whether your team likes me or not, logic only here

No, I basically agree with your read on STD and his expressed opinions. I am pretty sure I expressed my own misgivings about them in my last post, and if I didn't I'll state that now - I find his case to be lacking in scumhunting and strong in lynchability hunting.

Now that I've said this - whassup?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:12 am

Delta push: Dragons pushing on Delta.

Dragons push: Delta pushing on Dragons.

You like both of those, Thor?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:12 am

In post 333, Thor665 wrote:I find his case to be lacking in scumhunting and strong in lynchability hunting.

:lol:

VOTE: Thor
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:13 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Looks like I made a typo. 57 probably should have been 53.

I am currently processing information and will check in later today.

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:14 am

In post 309, Trojan Horse wrote:I'm signing off for the night. No time to comment on STD or Delta right now. STD: since you're reading me as scum, is there anything you want me to comment on? I'll do it tomorrow.

The greetings post and the other post I mentioned are really what niggled me into a scumread on you but to be I'm very distracted and would rather wait and see with regards to you.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:15 am

In post 268, DeltaWave wrote:
5. Post 53 - No, STD, it's not weird that two people voted SK. That's what RVS is about. I've got my eye on you.

6. Post 54 - I'm not sure what Thor is trying to do in this post. Neutral for now but I'm enjoying the grilling of STD.

7. Post 57 - STD acting like the SK wagon was this supersrs non-RVS wagon is weirdly defensive. FOS on him. Lol post 58 just ramps the defensiveness up to 11.

but...you already mentioned 53. :shifty:
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:58 am

Post by sthar8 »

Super busy today. Egg is scum. Back later.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:09 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 334, Save The Dragons wrote:Delta push: Dragons pushing on Delta.

Dragons push: Delta pushing on Dragons.

You like both of those, Thor?

Yes, I do.

Please explain why there is any issue with that at all.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:18 am

Tell me more

Is my push on Delta scum on town? Is Delta's push on me scum on town? Do you think it's scum vs. scum?

Where is my push on Delta flawed? Where is it accurate? Do your teammates like my stuff or SK's post or perish vote? Which one is the push you speak of?
Where is Delta's push on me flawed? What besides me calling you out for your play of "I'm going to adhom someone instead of scumhunt" makes me scum? See I'm looking forward to the day where I can say that you spent more of this game trying to hunt down scum than insulting my intelligence. I don't think we're there yet.

All I know about your reads is basically that you think Jason is scum, you think a handful of people are town, and you're telling them to vote for hmmm...no one in particular. Town apparently sucks. Okay. That's wonderful. So you're not town then? What exactly are you doing besides championing a jason lynch that makes you so much better than everyone else?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:21 am

Also for the love of god what makes you think I would think you're lynchable? I'm the oldest newb, ever and you're an IC, remember?

What does me attacking people who attack me have anything to do with picking lynchable targets if I were scum? Does that really sound like a winning strategy of picking lynchable targets as scum?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 341, Save The Dragons wrote:Tell me more

Is my push on Delta scum on town? Is Delta's push on me scum on town? Do you think it's scum vs. scum?

Possibly, possibly, and possibly, though I find this one unlikely barring poor play.

In post 341, Save The Dragons wrote:Where is my push on Delta flawed? Where is it accurate? Do your teammates like my stuff or SK's post or perish vote? Which one is the push you speak of?

Which is the push you speak of?

You push on Delta has nothing to do with my read of either slot.
I find your push on him to be factually true-ish...but very poorly designed to actually show scum intent.

In post 341, Save The Dragons wrote:Where is Delta's push on me flawed?

I don't think it is and it appears to reasonably align with some of my stated issues with you.

In post 341, Save The Dragons wrote:What besides me calling you out for your play of "I'm going to adhom someone instead of scumhunt" makes me scum?

Nothing much. I think that's all I need as a scum case - it's pretty darn valid and also seems to have got you to sudden try to vote me - which looks scum reactionary rather than town deciding I'm right and voting me (illogical) or that I'm wrong and voting me (which hardly shows scum intent from me, since I'm not even voting you - making your case empty and weird)

In post 341, Save The Dragons wrote:All I know about your reads is basically that you think Jason is scum, you think a handful of people are town, and you're telling them to vote for hmmm...no one in particular.

Yes.

In post 341, Save The Dragons wrote:Town apparently sucks. Okay. That's wonderful. So you're not town then? What exactly are you doing besides championing a jason lynch that makes you so much better than everyone else?

I don't think I'm doing much that makes me better than anyone else other than pushing a wagon in a functional way and offering clear opinions.
Sadly, that is a bar that nt everyone is particularly choosing to leap above in this game - thus making my commentary hold far too much water for comfort.

In post 342, Save The Dragons wrote:Also for the love of god what makes you think I would think you're lynchable? I'm the oldest newb, ever and you're an IC, remember?

I fail to follow.

In post 342, Save The Dragons wrote:What does me attacking people who attack me have anything to do with picking lynchable targets if I were scum? Does that really sound like a winning strategy of picking lynchable targets as scum?

It makes more sense as a scum strategy than a town strategy - explain the town strategy and I'll work harder to explain the scum one beyond 'attacking people you think can be made to look bad'.

My explanation for scum makes a lot of sense.
What's yours for town?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:45 am

In post 343, Thor665 wrote:I don't think it is and it appears to reasonably align with some of my stated issues with you.

Examples other than my case against you, please.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:46 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I'm feeling Delta-Scum, but that could be based off him just pushing me. Either way, I do need to put a vote down again.

VOTE: Trojan

Yeah. I did that.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:49 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 269, SleepyKrew wrote:Please don't ever make a post like that ever again. At least have the decency to link to the posts you mention. And also I'm not in your readslist.

I hate this post by Delta the most. I don't like how Pie and I are in the top scum reads, and yet he put Jason as neutral, while putting TJ as lean scum. This feels as a way of him giving a sense of bussing TJ a little, while still not pushing it, and pushing easier mislynch people.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:49 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Eh, I didn't mean to quote that post...

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:50 am

Pause

...that's the post you hate the most by Delta?

Unpause
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:54 am

In post 343, Thor665 wrote:

In post 342, Save The Dragons wrote:Also for the love of god what makes you think I would think you're lynchable? I'm the oldest newb, ever and you're an IC, remember?

I fail to follow.

You can still answer the first question if you ignore my facetiousness.

Since that is part of your case on me:
In post 327, Thor665 wrote:he is looking for someone whom he thinks is lynchable rather than someone he thinks is scum.

In post 343, Thor665 wrote:It makes more sense as a scum strategy than a town strategy - explain the town strategy and I'll work harder to explain the scum one beyond 'attacking people you think can be made to look bad'.

Again I see a disconnect with "STD's a big noob" and "STD can successfully make me look bad"

Do you really think that scum often successfully attack targets that attack them and bring that football down to a touchdown? No, I just made myself look really shitty cuz Delta attacked me and I reflexively voted him. Some team members are suspicious of you but no one's gone out and voted you, no one's been like "great show, STD."

I'm having trouble understanding what makes you think you're so lynchable and why you thought someone could think that.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”