Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:03 pm

Post by Tammy »

Oh I see it.

Hmm. Yeah, I think I'd rather they kept quiet about it as they won't even be able to use it/learn about it until the next day anyway.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:05 pm

Post by Tammy »

Also the person hydrated probably should hold their reads somewhat close.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Cait Sith
Cait Sith
Goon
Cait Sith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:05 pm

Post by Cait Sith »

In post 375, Tammy wrote:Oh I see it.

Hmm. Yeah, I think I'd rather they kept quiet about it as they won't even be able to use it/learn about it until the next day anyway.

In post 376, Tammy wrote:Also the person hydrated probably should hold their reads somewhat close.
Rune
Rune
Goon
Rune
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:06 pm

Post by Rune »

That's bad advice too.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by Ricastle »

Rune is making no shitting sense and not contributing meaningfully so I'm happy with my vote there. Scum lean on AFB for multiple pseudo-suspicions.
Rune
Rune
Goon
Rune
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by Rune »

I'm sorry you feel that way.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:32 pm

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 379, Ricastle wrote:Rune is making no shitting sense and not contributing meaningfully so I'm happy with my vote there. Scum lean on AFB for multiple pseudo-suspicions.

I'm inclined to agree, at this stage there seems like there are two possibilities, he's either town and playing to be lynched because then he can say "HA! You can't read me, see?"... Or, more likely, he's scum and he's like, well you just called me out on playing bad, so I need to get progressively worse in order to hammer it home that this is actually my new play style. Either way, I don't see why a lynch going this way is bad.

VOTE: Rune

Yes, if you play to be lynched, we can't tell if you're scum or not, it doesn't prove much of a point though.
This team is ruining my life!
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 381, NotAnAxehole wrote:
In post 379, Ricastle wrote:Rune is making no shitting sense and not contributing meaningfully so I'm happy with my vote there. Scum lean on AFB for multiple pseudo-suspicions.

I'm inclined to agree, at this stage there seems like there are two possibilities, he's either town and playing to be lynched because then he can say "HA! You can't read me, see?"... Or, more likely, he's scum and he's like, well you just called me out on playing bad, so I need to get progressively worse in order to hammer it home that this is actually my new play style. Either way, I don't see why a lynch going this way is bad.

Yes, if you play to be lynched, we can't tell if you're scum or not, it doesn't prove much of a point though.

To add on that, he can also be bluffing the first and be scum.
This team is ruining my life!
Pinksmoke
Pinksmoke
Goon
Pinksmoke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by Pinksmoke »

Vote count 1.09

Voting:

TheWayItEnds
: Sonic boom
Sonic boom
[/b]: Angry frat BROS, seiko x naiomi, oversoul, randomidget
Ricastle
[/b]: Espsyoncheage
Oversoul
[/b]: Cait sith
NotAnAxehole
:[/b] Rune
Espsyoncheage
[/b]: Singersigner, bacon and egg, homuletic homunculi
Rune: NotAnAxehole,

Not Voting:

zzzx, thewayitends, glass, jessica

Hydration:

Ricastle
: ricastle, bacon and eggs, angry frat BROS, seiko x naomi, sonic boom
singersigner
: singersigner, randomidget
Rune:
oversoul
Angry frat BROS
: NotAnAxehole
Espsyoncheage
: Espysoncheage
bacon and egg
: Rune[/align][/area]

with 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch
deadline is june 29 at 10:36 cst thats in (expired on 2015-06-29 10:36:00)
Rune
Rune
Goon
Rune
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by Rune »

I am not playing to be lynched. I should be hydrated. I doubt I'll be lynched.
Cait Sith
Cait Sith
Goon
Cait Sith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:42 pm

Post by Cait Sith »

In post 378, Rune wrote:That's bad advice too.

You're free to say what the bad advice is and why.
Rune
Rune
Goon
Rune
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:46 pm

Post by Rune »

We don't know who we will hydrate so that advice tells everyone to keep their reads close and basically not play. Unless the advice is for d2 in which case it is equally not helpful.
Rune
Rune
Goon
Rune
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:47 pm

Post by Rune »

Most of my posts, including votes, have been quite serious
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:29 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

hydrate seiko

unvote
notscience + pieguyn
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:43 pm

Post by Glass »

Haven't read everything, but fuck it I'll just jump in here and read the rest later.

VOTE: TWIE
Hydrate: Glass
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

In post 32, Ricastle wrote:VOTE: Sonic Boom
Hydrate: Ricastle

I will take anyone hydrating someone other than themselves at this point as scumpartners

Mod, pretty sure I've confirmed btw

Why does that necessarily mean scum partners? This game has a lot of people familiar with each other and a lot of people who like to townread each other, and it's day fucking 1. We can RVS however we want. I see no reason to try and restrict things. It feels like you're turning around and saying "Oh guys town will want themselves to be hydrated" right after you voted yourself so you're trying to paint yourself as town.

I also think that this early rage from metal sonic feels like the rage we saw from LLD in Mod Error. The only difference being that his doesn't seem so much as testing the water, and I don't think it's alignment indicative either way. It just feels like at this point he's trying to look like he's doing things. Basically, how he feels about TWIE isn't a part of this game and should be ignored unless it just evolves into an excuse to avoid doing things and it should be purged with fire. I'm not sure I like titus trying to prepare for the lategame all over the thread, talking about leashing and voting the nulls and future VCA while totally ignoring what is going on at the moment. It feels like they are posting a ton but are ultimately accomplishing nothing.
In post 77, Ricastle wrote:I swear it was in the rules that the hydrated player could pick another person to be hydrated in the night but I can't find it now. Oh well.

This definitely was in the rules when I looked.
In post 81, Angry Frat BROs wrote:So obviously this is 3:3:11 right? I mean that's unbalanced as fuck but 2:2:13 seems too reasonable for a game like this.

Xmen.
In post 83, Ricastle wrote:I want to get elected, C. That should be all you need to know.

Yes, because this is literally the only fucking thing you have done. Is there any particular reason you are ignoring everything else going on in the game?
In post 88, Oversoul wrote:snip

So, you in this post basically buddy singer, ask AP about setup spec, and tell titus and wisdom not to spampost. But yet you ignore everything else going on in the game at this time.
In post 93, Oversoul wrote:Tbh I wouldn't have joined if I realized everyone started as a Vt :/ I wanted to try and draw a power role

Pedit: Titus and Wisdom both made that same type of post last time I played with them
Both were scum
So no. That will not absolve you

This feels like testing the water, like you are planning to set yourself up to be apathetic all game. This, in part with your earlier comments about titus/wisdom makes me feel like you are trying to find a way to coast in this game.
In post 103, Tammy wrote:Also, we're a vt. I know some of you hate early claims but welp.

This feels really forced tammy :(
In post 107, Tammy wrote:Like ten minutes before I got our role pm I was telling mala that I wanted to be scum because a) multiball and b) this game is going to be insane, and then both our hopes were dashed :/

But I have waffles so it's all good!

I do think there's some merit to hydrating middle/nulls as it could force scum to make different night kill,choices than they otherwise would, and there's not a huge danger to giving roles to scum as its multiball and could encourage crosskills more than would otherwise be in play. But giving it to people, like me, who tend to die early might just be a big waste.

I have never seen you make posts like this ever in any game or as either alignment.
In post 112, Oversoul wrote:VOTE: Angry Bros

Stop shirking your responsibilities :igmeou:

Is Mollie a part of the Sonic hydra too? I will commit seppuku if that is true. Don't know if I can deal with that much noise
Tammy you wound me, especially after Team Mafia :(

Rune - we should have done a hydra, it is the name of the game here :lol:

Do you intend to actually do anything other than buddy people and complain about noise while contributing nothing but said noise?
In post 142, Oversoul wrote:Hugs!! :)
Tammy real talk I didn't like your VT comment. :/ it felt feigned and forced trying to display lack of care/knowledge
I think the only way scum are gonna have a chance this game is if they ingratiate themselves with Pillars of the Community

funny, i didnt like yours!
In post 151, Oversoul wrote:Also real talk didn't like the setup spec from AP/Bro

then why didnt you keep pressing it after they ignored your question? For someone who didnt like it you sure didnt seem to push it much. What dont you like about it?
In post 179, Angry Frat BROs wrote:Oh I figured it out. The "Fine" I put in my post was me deciding that Tammy was getting flipped from a gut scum read to a gut town read. Some ragrets. But not really, full steam ahead.

p-edit: Ugh, Titus. The "no doubt" part of my comment and the analogy it was attached to was intended to convey tired jaded sarcasm, not develop a concrete salient point.

Since you asked though, I would say that Bacon and Egg is doing what I envision scum doing here - coasting by.

I feel like oversoul is trying to set the stage to coast, thoughts?
In post 203, Sonic Boom wrote:Even with high volume posters you can tell their alignment. A good chunk of my "overposts" are p-edits, so I don't consider them posts. Why is said player posting a lot? Look at Signs and Void for instance, I was forced to overposts as scum because all my buddies were lurking (somewhat due to IRL). Scum overposts to hide something. Town overposts because we feel no one is listening. Also, you can find a direct correlation between the overposting. What a person talks about is important. What they hide by posting is ALSO important.

So, when we talk about you two, you have been posting a ton but you (titus) haven't actually been doing anything. Metal sonic has, sure. But what have you done? Oh, just trying to say "Oh my partner was doing the /townie/ thing!"
In post 235, Seiko x Naomi wrote:
In post 229, Sonic Boom wrote:dont divert. you want to 1v1 me, then you stand your ground. i have to go to bed soon and my mood is going to be vastly different tomorrow. it affects my posting.

lol

I have no interest in "1v1"'ing you right now. and to be honest, I have a feeling you're specifically requesting it in order to be able to flood the thread with even more posts.

when I think it's a good time to destroy you, I will

he's trying to bait me into it and I'm not taking said bait

I'd love some reasoning behind oversoul's reads.

In post 330, Cait Sith wrote:Yeah btw we probably shouldn't fluff. we have a shitton of high posters this game (Titus, Tammy, Mala, Wisdom, ns, sonic) which will already make the game a decently high PC once it gets going.

Which one of you said this
In post 347, Angry Frat BROs wrote:I don't get the townreads on Singer but shes one of the people that gets townread a lot for being "afraid of scum" a la Tammy and Mina and I usually throw shade on the whole ordeal just to end up seeing them flip town every game, so MEH.

._.

I was thinking this too
notscience + pieguyn
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

For those keeping score, I'm not a huge fan of oversoul.

I kinda like AFB

Im not sure how I feel about tamala

Espy might be scum but I didn't quote their post in my wall because im not really sure why I feel this way
notscience + pieguyn
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by Oversoul »

What coasting have I done Seiko
Are you even reading the game beyond the lol early stsges
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:14 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

Yes

You are right, that one long wall totally makes up for what you did earlier.

:roll:
notscience + pieguyn
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:15 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

And it is totlaly all full of content not related to theory debates!
notscience + pieguyn
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I guess giving reads is coasting
In which case, yes I will be coasting all game

Gnight
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

You're right, you definitely gave reads and elaborated on said reads when prompted! Oh wait, no you didn't. You made me out to have completely ignored you saying that. You have reads, yes. But you aren't elaborating. You aren't comparing. It feels like you're just throwing out some relatively safe reads without reasoning so you can make that exact comment.
notscience + pieguyn
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:31 pm

Post by Glass »

Scumreads are TWIE and Seiko. Also getting strong townvibes from Bro and Sonic.

Axe wrote:
I think at this point it's clear that either Oversoul or Angry Bros should be hyrdrated (and this is only because I haven't posted, so I haven't asserted myself as anything yet).

I actually think we hydrate null players, that way scum will have to choose between killing someone who is townread and a PR.

--------

Okay, just got into this whole Sonic v Seiko business.

@Seiko
Seiko wrote:
I see you making a lot of posts, but the push on me is the first indication of scum hunting (everything up to then was trying to policy lynch TWIE and then getting angry bc someone wanted to lynch you for making too many posts?). and even then, you're not really doing anything to push said read. it feels like you're just making posts without any goal of advancing the gamestate.

Seiko wrote:
since this is multiball, my motivation as scum would not be to be forming "safe reads". it would be to actually form legitimate reads. so why do you think scum-me would go out of my way to bullshit reads when it would be safer, and easier, to _actually_ read you?

Both from btw.
Seiko, I think your logic is inconsistent. You seem to be attacking Sonic for making a bunch of posts without "advancing the game state", and yet you are saying that in multiball scum would be trying to develop their reads anyways. Unless you have some completely different idea about what it means to "advance the gamestate" (in which case I would love to hear it), doesn't it follow that scum would also be trying to advance the gamestate as well?
Sonic Boom
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:54 pm

Post by Sonic Boom »

@Glass, I like how you think. You're in my no touchline today box. Pretty sure you're town, but I am damn sure that I can figure out if you aren't later. You're a logic first player and that should be an open book to me. A majority of this site are emotion supported by logic rather than logic supported by emotion.

@Seiko, You're saying I am going nothing, yet I am setting the stage for end game. Those are inconsistent thoughts. I am pretty sure that's Piegyn posting because I am certain neuroscience is aware of how I value VCA. This is exactly what I am talking about with posts meaning transparency. I am looking at wagons and figuring out how they will look at endgame. I am pretty decent at endgame and I am working on bringing that forward. Mafia is a chess game to me. The early game is about behavior, which I suck at. If I can develop patterns from that and then apply them, I will only get better. So yes, I will focus on wagon analysis. Keep reading the part addressed to Singer.

@Singer, I don't care what you'll accept. Boon ing nulls who are good as town is the right play. It gives a much more effective nightkill analysis than traditional games, particularly if faction flavor is revealed. I can't and won't have all the answers behaviorally early barring a major fluke. For that, I turn to Sonic.

@Whoever asked for my reads,

I don't care for his "you won't lynch me" attitude or his attempts to stifle discussion. Reads, even poor, unfounded ones, are good at this point of the game. If someone gets a boon, we can track to see if their behavior is consistent with their reads.
Sonic Boom
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:54 pm

Post by Sonic Boom »

^^ Obviously that is by Titus.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”