singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3900 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Post by singersigner »

Ugh phone ninjas. Anyway, I pointed out how balance was weird in the scum qt, but I'm not familiar enough with or good enough to know what's balanced or not.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3901 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by Benmage »

Yes, singer tho.... You played your style of game very well.

Which is not a LEADER style. Therefore you were mainly an after-thought throughout the game.

LLD's gunsmith claim + mad genuine shit, and faking a guilty on a partner... Straight A's.
Matias played full town mode all throughout save the end, which is almost a necessity considering the other option is busing.

The setup... ehhh

DV, OS... MYSELF... MevBulb = a town loss no matter which way you cut it.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3902 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:50 pm

Post by Benmage »

The scum all played very well.

The town helped loss... Hell at one point I self voted with CES and Hito voting me, cause defeat was eminent.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #3903 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:50 pm

Post by Tierce »

Benmage, singer, please stop. You're right, Benmage--she's not a leader, but she doesn't need to be. We've seen Towns and scumteams made of leaders only and they are unbearable.

It was a good and close game, scum played better than Town, they won, and we all rolled Fate. Let's enjoy that~

I had a good time. Thanks for the game, zor!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3904 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 3903, Tierce wrote:Benmage, singer, please stop. You're right, Benmage--she's not a leader, but she doesn't need to be. We've seen Towns and scumteams made of leaders only and they are unbearable.
I didn't mean that as a DIg... 2nd reading it, does read that way... I meant her playstyle as town and or scum is just not the leader-like driver style.

Way to many TvT... Ferei and Bulb.

Ya GG.

TY zor???

ZOR 5 SCUM!!!! Da faq?
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3905 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:53 pm

Post by Matias »

5 scum in 20 is not outrageous, and SK is an inherently anti-scum role.
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3906 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:54 pm

Post by singersigner »

It's definitely not a leader-driven style, that's for sure. I'm never confident enough in myself to trust my reads/gut as either alignment. *shrug*
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #3907 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:54 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 3904, Benmage wrote:ZOR 5 SCUM!!!! Da faq?
We were told in advance. This is a Scummies invitational, after all--we're expected to put on a good show, and the scum were not immune to investigations or to crosskills.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3908 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:58 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 3907, Tierce wrote:
In post 3904, Benmage wrote:ZOR 5 SCUM!!!! Da faq?
We were told in advance. This is a Scummies invitational, after all--we're expected to put on a good show, and the scum were not immune to investigations or to crosskills.
Ya, but had amazing claimsthemselves.

I don't think I've ever seen a 5 scum in 20 game before... let alone 6 nontown vs 14 town.

Swing mechanics for sure.

Good players on town, scummies.. okay... good players on scum equally so. And scum game is easy they have the inside info.

Zor has the statistics that 20% of Large Themes town win. 20%%%%%%%%% Town win. They also obviously had Day talk..

Come the fuck on.

I don't care about wins or losses, as town because its so far from your individual hands its ridic... But I atleast want to know the game was balanced.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #3909 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:59 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

If it's any consolation, Ben, we thought this game was town sided.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3910 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:00 pm

Post by Benmage »

And now?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #3911 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:01 pm

depends if Oversoul is a 1 shot vig like we think he is.

I think it's a little town sided, but balanced.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3912 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:06 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 3911, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:depends if Oversoul is a 1 shot vig like we think he is.

I think it's a little town sided, but balanced.
Fair enough.

Ok.

Personally, I'd call this one of the worst balanced games I've seen in a while. I felt so way back in D1... and I think it holds true. Lots of town power... Great its bound to die at/die without revealing results/aide scum (if sk's help town, vigs typically help scum)/+scum numbers(sum have way more knowledge of how to manipulate and bend a game)/+scum powerroles and their ability to easily hide amongst all the town power causing tons of wtf/+daytalk.

One of the worst balanced gamed I've seen in a while. But hey thats just my opinion, So to each their own

I mean... to conclude the sheer swingy-ness of the mechanics of this game. I don't know how you can call it balanced... If anything call it a bastard game with all the mechanics going on. Again... just my opinion.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3913 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:08 pm

Post by Benmage »

If anyone knows, out of sheer curiosity, a game on this site which featured a 5 man scum team and only 14 townies??
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #3914 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:09 pm

with an SK and a vig?

And we had to lynch 6 townies and the SK to win?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #3915 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:09 pm

Because the SK was unkillable?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #3916 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:16 pm

Post by Tierce »

Can I mention again how hilarious (and skillful!) Magua's flavor trick was?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3917 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:19 pm

Post by Benmage »

Not unlycnhable..and you control 5 votes!! 5 VOTES WITH DAYTALK~!! :wink: :wink:

Yes swingy-ness... Thats my point. Imagine the SK doulbe shot town before we found out who he was/you found out via RBs/ we lynched the SK. I mean helloooo swingyness :wink: :wink:

I don't want this to sound SOUR. As I don't ever care about town losses, like I said individually you makeup significantly less of an impact, and there's the site wide LG theme stat of 20% win rate.. so it is what it is.

Mini soap box:
I wanted to make a MD-thread on winrates in general as I think town in some version win 40%, and scum 60% (mini normals I think, maybe in general I forget).. Anyways this is accepted as being acceptable. I'm leaning to it being unacceptable, and that the reverse shoudl be true. 75% of a game should be winning more often than not. How much happier would the site be in general if 75% of the player base in a game statistically won 60% v 40% of the time.. MAKE scum the challenge.. let alone the 20% large theme... I digress
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3918 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:22 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 3916, Tierce wrote:Can I mention again how hilarious (and skillful!) Magua's flavor trick was?
His attempt to lure a scum shot, was BRILLIANT
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3919 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:22 pm

Post by Matias »

Scum's point of view:

I know the whole scummies role thing was distributed without regards to alignment, but there were a lot of hurdles to jump through.

-Cop with a lyncher power on one of the scum members
-Both scum-related scummies were given to scum
-An SK (but I feel for Fate, there was no chance for him to win :\) that was unkillable and Most Enjoyable
-Whatever BBMolla was
-Reck's tracking (and scummeet which created some really crazy PoE theories)
-hito's rolecheck
-The complete unbelievability of CES being scum because of the replacement role, and once Fate flipped SK (and hito said he checked for a traitor), he was auto-confirmed town
-Nacho's govern
-Magua confirming OS (and himself)

Among other things. All we had was the ability to stop one thing and look for the SK (and vig, but he was confirmed to us super early)
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3920 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:26 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 3914, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:And we had to lynch 6 townies and the SK to win?
Statistically you could've won with 3.5/D4.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3921 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:27 pm

Post by Benmage »

Isn't there a MD-thread, or some known ideology that says too many roles are bad for town? (im blanking, about to crash)
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3922 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:36 pm

Post by Matias »

In post 3916, Tierce wrote:Can I mention again how hilarious (and skillful!) Magua's flavor trick was?
This was the best play of the entire game.
My GTKAS
My old account
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3923 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:50 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 3662, Oversoul wrote:
In post 3657, Benmage wrote:What have you kept doing the past few days?

OS, tell me the final scum team.
Honestly could be anyone

Last night's kill choice was weird which is why I am going for more oddball choices.
Reck's delayed death means scum in the party.

LLD/Singer, CES, Matias
Oh, look at that.

I am going to indulge myself in a simple crass moment: fuck off, doubters.

Only Matias played well and even then it was obvious once you thought about it. So much to say, more to certain people, but I'll make it short.

I hated this game. The player list was mostly toxic (myself included), the balance weird as fuck, the accountability horrible. I am glad this is my last game on this site. I do not see this site developing well as a community in the future if this game and this player list is a barometer. I don't see myself as a member of this community anymore. Too many unwilling personalities set in their ways, refusing to change. I guess I am the same way but I'm removing myself from it completely. Hopefully for the better. I really hope people critically analyze their actions and the results of these actions.

To the people who didn't make it unpleasant, I wish you the best.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #3924 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:53 pm

In post 3923, Oversoul wrote:
In post 3662, Oversoul wrote:
In post 3657, Benmage wrote:What have you kept doing the past few days?

OS, tell me the final scum team.
Honestly could be anyone

Last night's kill choice was weird which is why I am going for more oddball choices.
Reck's delayed death means scum in the party.

LLD/Singer, CES, Matias
Oh, look at that.

I am going to indulge myself in a simple crass moment: fuck off, doubters.

Only Matias played well and even then it was obvious once you thought about it. So much to say, more to certain people, but I'll make it short.

I hated this game. The player list was mostly toxic (myself included), the balance weird as fuck, the accountability horrible. I am glad this is my last game on this site. I do not see this site developing well as a community in the future if this game and this player list is a barometer. I don't see myself as a member of this community anymore. Too many unwilling personalities set in their ways, refusing to change. I guess I am the same way but I'm removing myself from it completely. Hopefully for the better. I really hope people critically analyze their actions and the results of these actions.

To the people who didn't make it unpleasant, I wish you the best.

I could respond in a lot of ways that would reflect poorly on me.

So I'll just say not to let the door hit you too hard on your way out.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”