Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:37 pm

Post by Paschendale »

Unvote
Vote: Greywing

Second scummiest read, after Greygnarl. I feel like we're just guessing by now. McStab is next if he doesn't post in the near future.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Post by maxwell »

Vote Count
With 6 alive it is 4 to lynch.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:13 pm

Post by maxwell »

McStab has been killed due to an unsuccessful daykill. He was a
mafia goon

The
mafia
has been eliminated. The
town
wins!

dead QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/PM2yeKVX9hw

This was an interesting game, to say the least. The secret town MVP was Hyperion, who looked so town that somehow three of the mafia tried to daykill him and failed. Was pretty surprised by the speed of the game but I liked modding it, the activity kept things interesting.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:27 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Well that was unexpected.
GG.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

A paragraph about fakeclaiming Mason when VT:
Do NOT fakeclaim Mason as VT EVER! First of all, fakeclaiming as town is bad enough as it is, and secondly, YOU WILL BE CAUGHT OUT! Fakeclaiming Mason will just make the real Masons think you're scum, and it would NOT help your cause.
If you are a VT, just claim VT. No offense, but you aren't as important role-wise as the Masons. You are much more expendable than the town's only PR group who are already confirmed town to each-other.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:51 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

NO. FUCKING. WAY.
You got me!
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:52 pm

Post by McStab »

ARGH.... I thought I had it figured out with a Hyperion-Pasch mason team.

DJD made some comments early in the game that made me think he was VT. Right after I killed Mala I thought Hyperion was for sure a mason, with either PB or greygnarl as his last buddy. I held back hoping to see one of them, but between PB's flip and greygnarl's last minute VT confession (a huge problem for me, btw) I realized Paschendale was the last mason. I intended to kill Paschendale immediately after Greywing flipped, and then try to convince DJD that greygnarl really was scum. I thought it would work, but everyone in the town giving Hyperion a free pass for the last few days kept me thinking that Hyperion was a mason.

I really really liked this setup. Sala did some good bussing, but I think the things that ultimately hurt the town were:

Om counterclaiming. Not that I was going to shoot (and I doubt Whiskers or seil were convinced, either) but it was smart thinking by Greywing to try and draw one of our shots. Once Om counterclaimed it made my job a ton easier (aside from killing Om, it meant Greywing was a VT).
Greygnarl being all over the place also hurt town, he went from being a potential mason to definitely misinformed, which led me to believe he was town.

The things that ultimately hurt the scum were Whiskers taking his shot prematurely, in particular. Although Sala got himself lynched really early, he did help clear me considerably, and so I felt as though it was a successful sacrifice. Not that I can really blame Whiskers - I was certain Hyperion was a mason too. I just thought that given our limited knowledge of the last mason, leaving Hyperion alive would've been a bonus till the endgame. It sort of worked out, in that I had Pasch lined up as a mason, but DJD really fooled me. Props to him.

I feel as though in the future, a pregame QT for scum or masons would be a cool addition. What really hurt scum was that we were taking our shots when suspicion wasn't on us. Sala's shot was useful, but left no breadcrumb. Whiskers shot hurt alot, seeing as it went from us having two relatively townread players to just me.

The Greywing case was a bit of a stretch, admittedly, but I figured that at the time he had too much towncred. Removing him or at least denting his image before LyLo was an absolute must. I think Greywing played VT perfectly; this isn't a normal game where masons die the second they're confirmed. Masons shouldn't have counterclaimed in this setting, they should've just lynched PG and silently gone about their business. If anything, being a mason in this setup was kind of like being another scum group and constantly being in a night phase.

Still, great setup and modding Maxwell. Shame I picked wrong on Hyperion, but I felt as though I had to get the masons out of the way before greygnarl and Greywing were dead.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Post by McStab »

Also, I chose to kill Mala early because I was pretty sure she was mason, and she was one of the few players not chanting pro-McStab. After DJD posted his reads post that put me and Whiskers in the strong town category, I really thought he was VT, given that I thought it impossible he would put so many real VTs and the other mason in that scum category.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:56 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

WHAT THE FUCK!!!

Why did all 3 of you shoot Hyperon?!?!?

DJD: It's my turn To hold a grudge now. Other than that, good job being leader of the town.

I would of liked a QT as well. Atleast I would of had a better sense of what to do as scum.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:00 pm

Post by McStab »

The whole town seemed to give him a free pass, even more than me, and aside from his Day One scumhunting, he struck me as a brick in the later days. Pasch did a good job hiding it too, I only figured him out after greygnarl's little confession. Greygnarl not counting properly is probably what cost us the game as well; a lynch on him would've cemented Greywing's lynch next, and at that point I may have taken my chances not shooting till endgame.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:05 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Oh man, from the start of Day 1, this game lasted about 1 week and 1 day.

DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:12 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

I absolutely could not believe Mcstab was scum. Every reread i saw the sala/stab interaction and it just didnt make sense. It meant salamance bussed mcstab, highlighted seil's lurkyness, and hated on whiskers, without really going after anyone else and that kind of bussing was just so unbelievable. Well Played, grey and pasch would have had to do a toooooooooooon of convincing to make me even consider voting mcstab (though i was proper stumped and didnt know where to go after gnarl's preemptive claim).

@Sala: You're on :D Micro 11 incoming!
You got me!
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:26 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

@Everyone (mod included): THIS WAS A FANTASTIC GAME. I feel town did well, i feel scum did well, there werent any diatribes against anyone, very little prodding, and it had just the right amount of sillyness and was super fast! This was fun! Love the setup too; the unexpected deaths and no downtime is great, but really the fact that every role has a decent amount of strategy made this a very involved game. Props!
You got me!
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:29 pm

Post by McStab »

^^Totally agree, any rerunning of this setup, consider me in.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:33 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Same. :D
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:21 am

Post by Paschendale »

I had very little suspicion of McStab. Well done. I'm also glad that I managed to keep DJD in the shadows. I was trying to be the more vocal and visible one. Wow... you all had me pegged that quickly? I'm surprised no one shot me, then. But it's really funny how you all shot at Hyperion.

This was a great game. I had a lot of fun.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:35 am

Post by Whiskers »

Iirc Pasch, I was going to shoot you right after Hyperion, because I was
pretty
sure he was a mason, and only moderately sure of you.
I'd also had VT tells from DJD.

I'd play in this again, but unless somepony runs it soon, I'll go /in to mod for this setup.
maxwell: Any tips on modding this setup?
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
seilkops
seilkops
Goon
seilkops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:34 am

Post by seilkops »

Pasch I was soooo damn close to shooting you. Hyperion was crazy tempting though, so I went for it. Man. Good playing with you again, also. Maybe one day I'll be in a game with you where I'm not scum. You totally nailed me this time.

Good game everyone, thanks scum for being such a great team, and good job on town for winning!

Does anybody have any tips for me, so I can get a littler better? I know it's hard to say anything with all the lurkyness I got going on though =/
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:43 am

Post by Hyperion »

HOORAY! I killed three scum by doing nothing! :P
ProsecutorGodot
ProsecutorGodot
Goon
ProsecutorGodot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:36 am

Post by ProsecutorGodot »

This was an interesting game. Even though I won by alignment, this was quite a personal disaster. I had my reads reversed and just went for anything I could to stay alive. I can tell now I shouldn't have claimed mason. At the same time, I hope this can become a case example that speedwagons are bad. Had McStab not shot for Hyperion, I think this game could easily have gone on to be a scum win. Greywing offered himself as the next lynch, which gave him a 50/50 shot with how many would have been alive. McStab was very much under the radar after Sala and I flipped. I think in his position, I would have waited another day or two unless the pressure was on, which I don't think would have happened in his case.

But hooray! We won! And great job to Hyp for drawing three misfires. I learned in the dead QT that Sala died shooting me, but then I got lynched. Not sure how much good that did if any at all.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:21 pm

Post by greygnarl »

I would like to thank everybody for the game.

Also, I did think that I was actually hammered. It wasn't a ploy.
Greywing
Greywing
Goon
Greywing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:38 pm

Post by Greywing »

This was the most ridiculous game I've been a part of so far, and also by far the best. Thanks to everyone for making this game so enjoyable. Couple things I want to say:

Om: I'm sorry for the rant I made towards you. At the time, I thought my fakeclaiming plan would have worked, and I was really pissed off when you claimed. I see now why it was a poor plan, and I was unfair in my reply to you.

JD: I was on to you as mason when we decided to go after PB. My bad on the initial scum read...still love you though :P.

GG: Now that I know your alignment for a fact, I can honestly say you played great for your first game. I'm really looking forward to playing you again when you've got a few games under your belt, and have more confidence in your skills. Also, the reaction to the "hammer" on you led to JD completely flipping out, which was by far the funniest moment in the game...so thanks for that :P.

Scum team: Great job to all of you. Sala did an awesome job distancing himself from McStab. Whiskers looked incredibly Town throughout. Seil did a great job staying under the radar. McStab was my other mason read and I would have been vehemently against lynching him. McStab's only mistake throughout the entire game was his last action. Kudos to everyone for managing to work together so well without the ability to communicate to each other.

PG: I'm curious, what was your read on me when I defended your mason claim?
Show
"One arrow alone can be easily broken, but many arrows are indestructible."

Genghis Khan.

Records

(wins-losses)

Town
: 3-1
Mafia
: 3-1
Independent
: 0-0
Overall
: 6-2
Times Lynched
: 4
ProsecutorGodot
ProsecutorGodot
Goon
ProsecutorGodot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:54 pm

Post by ProsecutorGodot »

I didn't know what to think of it. I knew it could have been scum trying to get towncred, but at the same time, you could have been a vanilla townie trying to draw in the scumkill. I knew for a fact you couldn't have been a mason because the real masons knew who they were. And since I wasn't one, that ruled you out as a mason. I put you down as leaning town for realizing what I was trying to do and trying to help me, even though our gambit attempt was misguided.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:30 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

It's alright GW, I forgive you.
Just don't make that same mistake again :P

Return to “Completed Open Games”