skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4625 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by skitter30 »

so much for a small paragraph

either way i suppose to do my due diligence i ought to read ydra too and double-check the vcs

but i think all that combined is not too great
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4626 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by Cephrir »

should i just stop? you seem pretty convinced.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4627 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by Cephrir »

i guess i'll respond, but i don't think i'm going to be very convincing
Bartleby the Scrivener
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #4628 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i'm gonna be honest i think i'm doing this more to make sure i'm satisfied with the decision than anything else
i think your response is more relevant than whatever you're gonna dig up on ydra tbh

but like if you don't want to that's fine, i'm still going to check ydra's iso and the vc's
but yeah that's where i'm at
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #4629 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by skitter30 »

(i take elo very seriously)
Show
Hiatus once more.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4630 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4623, skitter30 wrote:- ceph is the only person to have claimed to have received anything from scum other than the guns; all the other gifts tie to shiki in some way
i don't really have anything to say to that. maybe mine came from the scum caller? that seems more elegant. :shrug:
In post 4623, skitter30 wrote:- he used that to get out of being eod2 wagon, and was later hedge-y if that was his only role/pr/gift
I mean, i claimed a true thing because i thought i could prove myself as town. it's what town would do there. so this is really just the first point again.
yes, i did hedge whether i had anything else. i have strong opinions about claim play as town. you probably don't care about them.
In post 4623, skitter30 wrote:- the whole 'giving the FN to the consensus sr' is such poor judgement that i have a hard time understanding how that comes from town. like yeah it's a moot point because we can't trust it now, but if you had given it to someone who would reliably convey the results, you'd be conftown now. idk how you oversee that, you obviously knew ss was suspected, him reporting the result is meaningless, and the fact that you didn't recognize that baffles me
Yeah. In that regard, I've blown it. I just wanted to make absolutely sure I could get it out, and I had a wrong read. I'm not sure what I would do if I were in a similar situation again. Him reporting the result didn't look meaningless to me at the time. It looks like this mistake has cost us the game, and I'm sorry for that.
In post 4623, skitter30 wrote:- everyone else (gamma, ydra) had a *very* emotional reaction to ssbm doing whatever the fuck they were doing, you didn't. you were just very like 'oh well too bad'. i think people without an emotional reaction there are more likely to be scum because holy fuck was that annoying and frustrating. honestly probably my strongest point in ydra's favor is the fact that she is quite clearly pissed
ydra is good at faking emotions, right? idk. my immediate reaction was that she was scum and had fucked up an ATE attempt due to missing gamma's vote and/or was giving up. my only exposure to ssbm is knowing that she faked a cop guilty in some other game, so i guess it wasn't that surprising? once it became clear she was town, i wasn't happy. i'm trying to not emotionpost as much because i just got out of a super embarrassing game where i vomited my emotions all over the thread (a scum game, incidentally, and here i am not doing that. shrug.)
In post 4623, skitter30 wrote:- defended ss all game for spurious reasons (note that ydra was actaully pushing him day2)
I disagree with the notion that those reasons were spurious. I felt like he was townposting. I still don't really think i was wrong to townread his posting around the DGB wagon where he essentially advocated for his own death; another scum player wouldn't have done that. I did, yes, kind of assume day 1 wasn't s/s, and that set me on the wrong track long term.

does ydra pushing him day 2 when he looked like toast even mean anything? i guessit does to you or you wouldn't have posted this, but going with the grain seems like the safer move there.
In post 4623, skitter30 wrote:- as i said earlier, i think the fact that tetrina died pointed to scum in you/ssbm, because i don't think she was the obvious nk there at all, and i think she only dies if scum is worried she'll get a result on them different than what they claimed in thread. no reason to kill her for her reads or her like game presence, so that's the only reason i can think of that she died
i think she was the obvious nk there as the most obvtown player and a power role. :/
In post 4623, skitter30 wrote:- i still feel like the timing of your pirate game with pooky given the game context and the lack of your providing content at that time was scummy
this point frustrates me. sorry for having fun i guess. i am not going to say no next time someone wants to have a good time with me for 5 seconds. instead of being serious all the time.
In post 4623, skitter30 wrote:- your vote on enchant eod1 was p weak, but honestly so was ydra's so i suppose this is a wash
I'd have made it look better if I were scum.
In post 4623, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2160, Cephrir wrote:in addition to what ive already posted i feel like generally speaking trying to get ss anyway is kind of a scum action here -- falling back on what we had yesterday. we have new information! use it! im not saying ss can't ever be scum but i can see that as the action of scum confronted with a shrinking lim pool & not sure who is safe to try and add to it
honestly this is just really, really, really bad in retrospect, esp. as you don't seem to have any reason to townread ss here other than the fact that he's a cw to flipped scum. you're like assuming ss is town and then calling others (me) scum for pushing him, when he was actually scum ...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yeah, i wish i hadn't done that. i didn't believe the game was easy. it was in fact easy.
- the one point that is in your favor r.e. ss/enchant is that i think you're supposed to have a good scumgame and i kinda think you'd make yourself look better when voting either, and the vote on enchant was just so meh
i do have a good scumgame. i feel like watching both my partners get run up and basically shrugging at the whole thing is like the scummiest response imaginable and i'd never have done it lmao
In post 2167, Cephrir wrote:this isnt unreasonable i know but at some point i have to take into account superficially scummy behavior over selfmeta or scum can just do whatever they want
also just noting the irony of this
i did say my selfmeta is pretty shit and should probably be disregarded, but i'm still gonna tell you facts.
- the whole argument you had with me r.e. whether or not we should flip ss was just bad, esp. in retrospect, esp. sicne most of your points were strawmen and you kept backing down whenever i took apart your argument and when you tried to scumread me for it (~ and onwards)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- also i never really understood your galron scumread, and with how ss hammered i believe his partner was already involved in that wagon. honestly now that i think abt it i don't really understand the reasoning behidn any of your reads, they just kinda appear and you're stubborn about them but i don't know where they come from and tehy never change
:/

i feel like i explain my reads pretty clearly all the time. i may not declare "i am scumreading you for this post" when i quibble with someone but i feel like it is implied. my galron scumread mostly stemmed from my analysis of how d1 went down, there's a whole series of posts after which i arrived at a few scumreads at start of d2. from then on, yeah, i kinda tunnelled him and cherry picked bad stuff and willfully ignored the good stuff because i suck at this game
- been on every single misflip wagon and staunchly opposed the ss wagon, and was incredibly ambivalent about the enchant wagon
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i didn't play well yes. i tend to be on every wagon that goes through in every game because i'm active and i get criticized for this a lot and it's kind of annoying.
- in retrospect kinda sounds like you deliberately chose to give guns to people who did not want to kill galron in order to create this narrative that galron is sus for nobody who wanted to kill him getting guns
it does appear that scum may have been two steps ahead of me there. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i feel like it's possible to see that i truly believed i had something there, but sure.

i guess you can vote when you're ready. i don't see much point in continuing if you're this sure, and i can't really be mad at you for getting it wrong even though it kinda sucks to lose to someone who did nothing all game because that means there's more stuff on my end to pick apart.

sorry for letting y'all down.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4631 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by Cephrir »

i guess i feel bad for shrugging at that argument with you but a) it's you so you probably are gonna come out biased and b) i recognized it was a string of bad posts at the time and that's why i backed down. you did just criticize me for having too stable reads, but my read on you seems like a pretty good counterpoint to that
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4632 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1943, Cephrir wrote:Like I'm fully aware that fence sitting will score me no points regardless of the outcome. I'm just being honest because I'm town.
puke emoji
In post 1944, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 1942, rousseau wrote:
In post 1933, Ydrasse wrote:Infinity's posting is that of early-era panic! at the disco lyrical prowess
what a wonderful caricature of intimacy
you cant just quote the 1 good song off that album
In post 1946, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 1943, Cephrir wrote:Like I'm fully aware that fence sitting will score me no points regardless of the outcome. I'm just being honest because I'm town.
hum

is there any reason that you're in 'serious mode' so to speak now or is it just the pushing from other people where you're like, getting called scummy but it's more of poe thing than anything else? : ?
i can't help but be annoyed that mostly ignoring both wagons outside of blank votes and posturing is something ydra is somehow about to get away with
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4633 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4628, skitter30 wrote:but like if you don't want to that's fine, i'm still going to check ydra's iso and the vc's
ss' iso might be valuable as well
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4634 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1956, Ydrasse wrote:as someone not of the land and instead a siren bound to my small islands basking in the sand i have found the lack of knowledge for the pirates cursing the seas deplorable and thus am in need of a captain

cephrir would you please captain us to a victory

i can offer you what limited info i have of the various nefarious sailors and sea creatures and together we can maneuver to a safe port
you never delivered on this :(
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4635 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Cephrir »

i wonder if these end of day posts about making me a captain and forming a crew with me were originally meant to be a crumb about the FN she was planning to send me and they only later realized that didn't make any sense
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4636 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2049, Ydrasse wrote:@_@

enchant posting like that makes my heart say “town” but i am trying to ignore it
presented without comment
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4637 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2059, Ydrasse wrote:and i think that one of two of you minimum has to be scum for the game to be like this? like does town go this far off early on somehow
tmi

i know i should stop doing this you're going to iso her anyway
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4638 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2079, Ydrasse wrote:VOTE: enchant
the trajectory from 2049 to here sure is something
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4639 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by Cephrir »

ok i finished with that day i'm gonna go do something else now
Bartleby the Scrivener
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #4640 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by skitter30 »

fwiw i did notice this one too, thought abt commenting on it, but decided not to. it's either true or you are incredibly self-aware as scum, know what the 'right' thing to do is, and deliberately don't do it, and then try to get cred for it.

idk how to tell which and you-now-as-either-alignment can't give me a good response to this either, so bringing it up was kinda pointless

i'll also say that i was haphazardly following bork's game a bit and learned you were scum there some time last week and that's kinda when my townread on you dissipated because you have a much wider range than my initial impression; for the time i had been following unspoiled i thought you were town

pedit but yeah you both have really awful trajectories on the enchant/ss wagons so it's a wash to me, they're equally bad
and yeah i'm gonna iso her anyways. prob not tonight tho, will have to wait till saturday night due to vla

apologies for dragging it out for both of u
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #4641 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 4640, skitter30 wrote:for the time i had been following unspoiled i thought you were town
* i thoguht you were town in that game to be clear
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #4642 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by skitter30 »

can you just explain *why* your read on ss was so strong exactly?
like why were you townreading, and why that strongly?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4643 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Cephrir »

one last thought about the tetrina kill- an innocent on me/ssbm would have been devastating. so anyone would have killed her.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4644 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4642, skitter30 wrote:can you just explain *why* your read on ss was so strong exactly?
like why were you townreading, and why that strongly?
partly because i assumed d1 wasn't s/s, but obviously that's not enough on its own.
there was that string of posts i believe i pointed out to you on d2, plus i thought his posts defending dgb d2 when it was clearly him or dgb that day made no sense from scum.

i can take a closer look later but those are the broad strokes that immediately jump to mind.
Bartleby the Scrivener
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #4645 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 4640, skitter30 wrote:much wider range than my initial impression
(aside irregardless of your alignemnt here this is a compliment, your play was super impressive in that game
and if you are scum here you're playing v well too)
Show
Hiatus once more.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4646 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by Cephrir »

also, i thought the stickiness of literally everyone's ss reads was evidence that he was a designated mislim.

@ above thanks.
Bartleby the Scrivener
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #4647 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by skitter30 »

sure

and obvs you can't answer this but i wonder if u thought i was going to go for ydra today

and your point r.e. is tetrina is valid, or at least makes me think that if you had killed her you were not killing her for the reason i proposed, in which case it doesn't actually indict you cuz you don't seem to have been using that logic anyways

i appreciate you answering, idon't tknow if i have much else to ask rn, i will do ydra + vc's too and then i'll vote
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #4648 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:29 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Ceph possibly a weird question, but how did you think i was gonna approach elo
Show
Hiatus once more.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4649 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:24 pm

Post by Cephrir »