Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4650 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

I think a large number of us would not have - the reactions from the player base as a whole were either lurking or anger or some combination thereof.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4651 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

Actually, I still may have joined, I'll admit - but there's a difference between choosing to deal with a Cult and...hey, cult!
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4652 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:26 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 4637, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4628, Oversoul wrote: Called Nero out on his bs and he leaves the game because he backs himself into an unexplainable situation.
Except that I wasn't lurking so you just got lucky that I had a scum pm.
You were lurking. Your activity here was vastly different from other ongoing games. That's a fact.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4653 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:28 am

Post by Oversoul »

I wouldn't have joined if this was advertised as a cult.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #4654 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:02 am

Post by mykonian »

Well guys, I'm sorry :( I hoped that this would be a fun game for all of you, but it didn't work out as I wished, I guess.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4655 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:13 am

Post by chkflip »

You got a bunch of lames. I thought it was fun, and would've thought it was fun had I been in the paranoid party.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4656 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:34 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 4655, chkflip wrote:You got a bunch of lames. I thought it was fun, and would've thought it was fun had I been in the paranoid party.
:neutral:
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4657 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:09 am

Post by Iecerint »

I´m surprised that people are annoyed at cult, but not at the phantom unlock mechanic. The latter is more bastard-y IMO.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4658 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:31 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 4657, Iecerint wrote:I´m surprised that people are annoyed at cult, but not at the phantom unlock mechanic. The latter is more bastard-y IMO.
^
Don't get me wrong, hidden cult is really a dick move, but the unlock mechanic was entirely BS. I'll have a more elaborate post when I'm not doing dishes.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4659 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:59 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@myko
- I didn't have a problem with the cult thing. I actually enjoyed the game until derptime hit. It was frustrating before that, but still enjoyable as a game. Thanks for modding!!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4660 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:05 am

Post by pirate mollie »

1 pirate mollie mothrax, citizen, lynched day three
I am #1 guys in myko's rating system! Image
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4661 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:19 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4656, Thor665 wrote:
In post 4655, chkflip wrote:You got a bunch of lames. I thought it was fun, and would've thought it was fun had I been in the paranoid party.
:neutral:
also thor I am sorry I was mean to you. I had an early town read on you and didn't understand why you were pushing on me for the reasons that you were giving and it made me ridiculously paranoid and then when it was revealed that it was a cult game it was like on steroids cos I would have culted you the second you subbed in.

you asked me why I was okay with my lynch and I said for reasons that you wouldn't understand cos I am not sure that you would. I was taught that if you gain enough suspicion to engender a lynch (even tho scum will do pile-ons) then you should be removed from the game so as not to confuse town cos you are not sending a clear signal. <------ different site meta but I can't seem to shake it. that is why I rage/emo but give a list of my reads and try to help the players that I think are town with the remaining time I have left. so it is a thing of mine to not vote to save myself.
whew!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4662 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I will admit my translation of that strategy is (and I'm not trying to be insulting, just extreme and shocking) ;

'Give up when the going gets hard'

You're town, you're supposed to make mislynching you hard so scum have to work at it.
You know you're town - other people may not be, if there's a counter wagon on you maybe it's scum, you know your lynch will be town, so...
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4663 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:54 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4662, Thor665 wrote:I will admit my translation of that strategy is (and I'm not trying to be insulting, just extreme and shocking) ;

'Give up when the going gets hard'

You're town, you're supposed to make mislynching you hard so scum have to work at it.
You know you're town - other people may not be, if there's a counter wagon on you maybe it's scum, you know your lynch will be town, so...
hhmm....

pretty sure scum was reading me as town up until it was strangled by inactivity from town other than you. :wink:

I really felt that the game was better if I was out of it and I thought that my lynch would provide info.

what do you think I could have done differently?
whew!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4664 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:46 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 4663, pirate mollie wrote:I really felt that the game was better if I was out of it and I thought that my lynch would provide info.
Like what?
In post 4663, pirate mollie wrote:what do you think I could have done differently?
Voting comes immediately to mind.
Putting up a fight equates to a close second.
I've been told I'm hard to lynch - I don't think it is because I have magical and special skills that others don't. I think it comes from nothing other than being fighty about being lynched. If you're town and are being mislynched, then it is not good for town because town doesn't want to lynch town.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4665 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:48 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4664, Thor665 wrote:
In post 4663, pirate mollie wrote:I really felt that the game was better if I was out of it and I thought that my lynch would provide info.
Like what?
vca is a huge thing here and I am going to be honest, it isn't something I use or even understand. but I know there are players who swear by it. on this site I have been surprised that it is kind of accurate but I have experienced situs where scum piled on with impunity. but it seems to work on here.
In post 4664, Thor665 wrote:
In post 4663, pirate mollie wrote:what do you think I could have done differently?
Voting comes immediately to mind.
Putting up a fight equates to a close second.
I've been told I'm hard to lynch - I don't think it is because I have magical and special skills that others don't. I think it comes from nothing other than being fighty about being lynched. If you're town and are being mislynched, then it is not good for town because town doesn't want to lynch town.
1. eh, I really did think that it was best if I was lynched. I kept going back and forth with you but on a gut level you were very town but I will never be able to explain the reasons why. it was gut but more than that, it had to do with your entrance into the game and your timing. biggest thing was that I could not get a town read from you no matter what I did and that confused the signal I was receiving from you, cos I thought I was towntelling pretty hard but omg, it is usually scum who stay so focused. I thought it was best for me to go and you to stay cos we could not seem to work together and I just did not know what to do. I was trying to do what I thought was best for my team and sometimes I screw up.
2. I fought my lynch until deadline iirc. it was pretty damn close and I thought a lynch needed to go through. :/
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4666 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:54 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

eta: although next time I am on the ghoal I will think about someone else. only thing is I want to have a scumread on them!
whew!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4667 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 4665, pirate mollie wrote:vca is a huge thing here and I am going to be honest, it isn't something I use or even understand. but I know there are players who swear by it. on this site I have been surprised that it is kind of accurate but I have experienced situs where scum piled on with impunity. but it seems to work on here.
You know what helps VCA? Not rolling over and inviting votes "for the good of the town"
Let people call you scummy and make legit moves to get you lynched.
Otherwise VCA could be applied to people who have cop guilties on them - not all lynch votes are equal.
In post 4665, pirate mollie wrote:1. eh, I really did think that it was best if I was lynched. I kept going back and forth with you but on a gut level you were very town but I will never be able to explain the reasons why. it was gut but more than that, it had to do with your entrance into the game and your timing. biggest thing was that I could not get a town read from you no matter what I did and that confused the signal I was receiving from you, cos I thought I was towntelling pretty hard but omg, it is usually scum who stay so focused. I thought it was best for me to go and you to stay cos we could not seem to work together and I just did not know what to do. I was trying to do what I thought was best for my team and sometimes I screw up.
2. I fought my lynch until deadline iirc. it was pretty damn close and I thought a lynch needed to go through. :/
1. That sounds like a replace out, not a 'lynch me' to me.
2. You fought your lynch, you didn't offer an alternative to your lynch, that made your fight of a different quality than it might have been.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4668 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:01 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I might even want to adjust #2 to - you 'disagreed with the reasons for' with your lynch.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4669 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:16 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4667, Thor665 wrote:
In post 4665, pirate mollie wrote:vca is a huge thing here and I am going to be honest, it isn't something I use or even understand. but I know there are players who swear by it. on this site I have been surprised that it is kind of accurate but I have experienced situs where scum piled on with impunity. but it seems to work on here.
You know what helps VCA? Not rolling over and inviting votes "for the good of the town"
Let people call you scummy and make legit moves to get you lynched.
Otherwise VCA could be applied to people who have cop guilties on them - not all lynch votes are equal.
In post 4665, pirate mollie wrote:1. eh, I really did think that it was best if I was lynched. I kept going back and forth with you but on a gut level you were very town but I will never be able to explain the reasons why. it was gut but more than that, it had to do with your entrance into the game and your timing. biggest thing was that I could not get a town read from you no matter what I did and that confused the signal I was receiving from you, cos I thought I was towntelling pretty hard but omg, it is usually scum who stay so focused. I thought it was best for me to go and you to stay cos we could not seem to work together and I just did not know what to do. I was trying to do what I thought was best for my team and sometimes I screw up.
1. That sounds like a replace out, not a 'lynch me' to me.
2. You fought your lynch, you didn't offer an alternative to your lynch,
that made your fight of a different quality than it might have been
so what made it scum motivated? cos that is how you interpreted it and that is what I am having a hard time understanding. is it the "I do not like to vote save myself"?

scum come from a survivalistic mindset while town usually do not. <----- there are exceptions to this i.e. specials, people who seem to play a lot of video games, etc.

I don't consider it a "replace out" considering how close the deadline was. I gave my reads (which were wrong) and tried to work with the town that I thought was in the game. I didn't place a vote at a time when you think I should have. <---- we simply disagree on this.
whew!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4670 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:37 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I never said it was scummy - I even admitted that I might have been lynching you for policy because, as far as I could tell, you weren't playing the game.

Town that don't have a survivalistic mindset are, n my opinion, poor players. All survivalistic means is 'not acting blatantly scummy and not agreeing that you should be lynched' I don't care what faction you are, if you are not playing survivalistic then you are playing badly (unless you're Cult and not the recruiter, or a Jester)

I understand we disagree on it - I though that was what we were discussing.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4671 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

I think what we are missing here is timing.

thor, why are you saying I wasn't playing the game prior to me not voting to save myself? cos I was. our 1v1 confused things, for me at least.
whew!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4672 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:22 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I felt a lot of people stopped playing this game, and you were no different.
I thought the ''d play but Thor is soooo distracting!' thing was a blatant lie and scummy - it's a text game, it's not like I can shout out your thoughts or prevent you from taking time to write a post about someone other than me. That you indicated as such looked like scum trying to sideline or town who had stopped playing the game.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #4673 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:02 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

So wait, you didn't tell them it was cult, then you didn't tell them it was BASTARD because you didn't tell them it was cult??

Talk about doubling down...
Retired as of October 2014.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4674 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

I still say bastard = lying.
Omission of important game setup fact is not lying, per se. I will agree Cult is a big thing because...well, it's Cult and sucks, but calling that lying is like saying the Mod didn't tell us there were two scum factions - I don't think it qualifies as bastard.
The unlock mechanic starts to get close to then making it bastard, but I don't think the Cult part does.
I'll certainly agree he decided to advertise the game incorrectly and it led to some of the lack of enjoyment and scumvantage.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”