NY 177: Simple Complexity (GAME OVER: Scum Wins!)

Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4850 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by Skybird »

Oh, the neighborhood. Duh. We don't talk about anything. Gameplay and I were the last two people in it. The last post is from me on 10-14-14 where I asked Gameplay if he was still playing. He never answered.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4851 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:21 pm

Post by House »

In post 4845, Skybird wrote:I’ve been looking at Majiffy and his interactions to try and see if there’s any slips to indicate his scum partners. He pushes for a Tree/Marquis lynch from the beginning of the game. (Post 219, 362) He also thinks Psyche is scum. He pushes for both of them well into the game. (post 3320, 3347) Marquis claimed masons with Psyche in post 3155.

Marquis explained claiming masons by saying he didn’t want to derail the PV wagon that was going at the time of the claim. (Psyche had 2 votes at that point.) I think the real explanation is he was trying to get Majiffy off their backs.

Does anyone have experience with a scum Majiffy? Does he normally bus his partners?

The problem I have with this is...

Why wouldn't Psyche instantly call it the fake mason claim for quick and easy exoneration, and why would Marquis offer his own head on a platter just to prevent derailing a wagon?

Scum team masons makes a lot more sense.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4852 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:15 am

Post by Skybird »

I agree. The mason claim has bugged me since I replaced in. Psyche wasn't anywhere near being lynched and then his responses to the claim were wierd.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4853 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:38 am

Post by Marquis »

i really don't like how you two are generating mass paranoia

i mostly don't like in particular house's comment on me in . that post ruins any townread i had on him previously. it's like he's trying to bring me back into the lynch pool, when no i wasn't considered scummy prior to the mason claim (that was just majiffy pushing me hard, who once again, flipped scum [iirc tn stopped scumreading and started townreading me unrelated to that])

and then is like lolwtf talking for the sake of talking

i just don't think house is town and with 7 (?) left the chance of my read finally being right is pretty good (sorry pv yes i regret the neighborhood assumption)
link in bio
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4854 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:19 am

Post by House »

If you are town, stop setting up mislynches because we can't afford that shit anymore.

Majiffy being scum doesn't mean you are town. There's these things called distancing and busing. Perhaps you've heard of them?

Your early game bullshit didn't help you any, either. Then THIS?

Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4855 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:24 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 4853, Marquis wrote:i really don't like how you two are generating mass paranoia

i mostly don't like in particular house's comment on me in . that post ruins any townread i had on him previously. it's like he's trying to bring me back into the lynch pool, when no i wasn't considered scummy prior to the mason claim (that was just majiffy pushing me hard, who once again, flipped scum [iirc tn stopped scumreading and started townreading me unrelated to that])

and then is like lolwtf talking for the sake of talking

i just don't think house is town and with 7 (?) left the chance of my read finally being right is pretty good (sorry pv yes i regret the neighborhood assumption)

OK, other than scum-reading House, who else is hitting your scumdar?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4856 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:11 am

Post by Wake1 »

VC this afternoon.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4857 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 4825, Skybird wrote:And still Psyche and Marquis are alive. Why?

So still alive:
Pine
Reinoe
House
Shaddowez
Skybird
Marquis
Psyche-replacement

That's a good question. Here's a better one - why aren't you voting one of them if you think they should be dead?

reinoe is cop-cleared, and considering gameplay was actually innocent, we can assume that Titus was correct about him as well. Assuming best case scenario, we're looking for 3 more scum out of the remaining 6 players. Since I know it's not me, that actually makes it 3 out of the remaining 5. I'm going to play the lower odds here, and try to look for town out of the group.

I was iffy on House's slot while Alina was in it, but that was mostly because of Alina's play compared to other games I'd been in with her, not because she'd done anything outright scummy. Considering she site-flaked, it's possible she had other stuff going on. I've also liked House's play for the most part, so I'm still willing to consider him town.

I'm torn between Pine/Skybird as the other town. I actually really like what Pine's been doing, but didn't like either of his predecessors at all. On the other hand, I've not been impressed by Skybird or her predecessors, but nothing has really struck me as particularly scummy, either. It's possible that both of them are scum if either Marquis/Psyche aren't, but I highly doubt that.

All that being said, that leaves both Marquis and Psyche in my scum pile, and I'm willing to vote either. I actually like my Marquis vote based on the post I made the other day. Does anyone else have any thoughts on that, btw?
V/LA on Weekends
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4858 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:17 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 4053, Mirhawk wrote:SK HAS to be one of the following players.
MuffinMan
(PINE)
Majiffy

Peregrine

notscience

Shaddowez
RoyalApe
(SKYBIRD)

At the time Mirhawk believed Marquis/Psyche were masons so he didn't include them. Now that we know they're not masons.

Yes this is Information instead of Analysis but my analysis has been shit this game so maybe somebody else can do something with it.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4859 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:04 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 4857, shaddowez wrote: That's a good question. Here's a better one - why aren't you voting one of them if you think they should be dead?

reinoe is cop-cleared, and considering gameplay was actually innocent, we can assume that Titus was correct about him as well. Assuming best case scenario, we're looking for 3 more scum out of the remaining 6 players. Since I know it's not me, that actually makes it 3 out of the remaining 5. I'm going to play the lower odds here, and try to look for town out of the group.

I was iffy on House's slot while Alina was in it, but that was mostly because of Alina's play compared to other games I'd been in with her, not because she'd done anything outright scummy. Considering she site-flaked, it's possible she had other stuff going on. I've also liked House's play for the most part, so I'm still willing to consider him town.

I'm torn between Pine/Skybird as the other town. I actually really like what Pine's been doing, but didn't like either of his predecessors at all. On the other hand, I've not been impressed by Skybird or her predecessors, but nothing has really struck me as particularly scummy, either. It's possible that both of them are scum if either Marquis/Psyche aren't, but I highly doubt that.

All that being said, that leaves both Marquis and Psyche in my scum pile, and I'm willing to vote either. I actually like my Marquis vote based on the post I made the other day. Does anyone else have any thoughts on that, btw?

I really haven't found anything in my re-reads to shed any more light on the masons claim. Shaddowez feels town and Reinoe is cop-cleared. I don't like Alina's ISO but House has been pretty town in my mind. Pine is null and I know I'm town. The best vote IMO is for Marquis or Psyche. Since the Psyche slot is currently empty,

VOTE: Marquis
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4860 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:17 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Psyche slot will be modkilled in 48 hours if no replacement is found.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4861 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by House »

In post 4860, Wake1 wrote:
Psyche slot will be modkilled in 48 hours if no replacement is found.

VC?

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4862 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by Psyche »

ughhh
why is it only a hubbub when it's me
You can't step in the same river twice.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4863 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by House »

In post 4862, Psyche wrote:ughhh
why is it only a hubbub when it's me

Welcome back?

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4864 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:26 pm

Post by House »

Vote: Psyche

shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4865 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by shaddowez »

House
- You obviously think Psyche is scummier than Marquis, but what do you think of Marquis?
V/LA on Weekends
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4866 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by House »

In post 4865, shaddowez wrote:
House
- You obviously think Psyche is scummier than Marquis, but what do you think of Marquis?

I think they are both obvscum. It's the only way fake Masons hold together for so long, imho.

reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4867 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:36 pm

Post by reinoe »

But that's the thing. If it's so obvious that they need to be killed that they have to be scum if they're not. That's the same flawed logic that eventually convinced me to counter-claim OkaPoka. There's a SK and a scum team. If the SK want's to take their chances and leave fake-masons alone then so be it. If scum want to take their chances and leave the SK (who's not always Bulletproof) fake-claim mason then so be it. It's against their wincon to let things be. Plus one or both of them could also be town.

Selkie
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4868 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:39 pm

Post by House »

I don't even...

shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4869 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:42 pm

Post by shaddowez »

I'm not sure I understand your point, reinoe. How is it more or less against their wincon than leaving you, a cop cleared and claimed PR, alive?

Who do you think is or isn't scum at this point? You haven't voted or said anything of much use toDay.
V/LA on Weekends
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4870 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:19 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 4869, shaddowez wrote:I'm not sure I understand your point, reinoe. How is it more or less against their wincon than leaving you, a cop cleared and claimed PR, alive?

Who do you think is or isn't scum at this point? You haven't voted or said anything of much use toDay.

I'm out of uses of my PR. My analysis has been wrong all game except on Majiffy. Me still being alive is the same red herring crap with Oka being left alive or the not-Masons.

My point is that "why is this PR still alive" is what directly, eventually led to OkaPoka's lynch (another thing I was wrong on). Let's say one of Marquis/Psyche is actually mafia. The serial has every incentive to sort that shit. Let's say one of Marquis/Psyche is Serial Killer. Mafia has every incentive to sort that shit. Let's say they're both town. SK and Mafia have every incentive to sort that shit.

By not sorting it, both scum factions are playing against their wincon. If town lynches either than we're doing the work that scum should be doing. It's the scum's responsibility to deal with outed PR's when there are two scum factions.

Who do I think is scum? Everything inside me is saying it's Skybird but I've been wrong about everything this game.

Selkie
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4871 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:08 pm

Post by House »

What if scum found the sk (or vice versa) and claimed Masons with them? They'd both have reasons to go along with the claim for town cred, though I don't get why it would be outed now.

I just can't picture town either extending such a risky offer which could mean their lynch if the other party denied the claim, or why town would confirm and risk the other person saying, "reaction test, you are scum!"

One way or the other, there is scum between the two.

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4872 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Post by Psyche »

that's a really dumb reaction test
You can't step in the same river twice.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4873 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:26 pm

Post by House »

In post 4872, Psyche wrote:that's a really dumb reaction test

I can't argue with that. I'm drowning in WIFOM.

reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4874 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:30 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 4871, House wrote:

One way or the other, there is scum between the two.

You may be right, but it's not town's immediate concern.

Selkie

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”