Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4950 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:37 am

Post by pidgey »

Im sticking to fucking Route 1.

Im so dissapointed in myself.
-----------------
Sup
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4951 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:38 am

Post by pappums rat »

Setup:

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy 16:4:1

SK:

Fatman- Self-aligned Mad Bomber (Day Serial Killer, 2-shot commuter, 1-shot SS Maker)
fakeclaims: Johnny Sasaki and EVA.

Scum:

Voldemort- Mafia Whisperer
Volgin- Mafia Godfather (investigation immune)
Psycho Mantis- Mafia Roleblocker
Vamp- Mafia Goon

-Mafia factional ability: 1-shot Strongman (Nagini kill flavor)

-Mafia fakeclaims:
Raiden
Ronald Weasley
Cedric Diggory
Nastasha Romanenko
Albus Dumbledore
Alastor “Mad Eye” Moody

Town PRs:

Severus Snape- Town Cop
Mei Ling- Town Doctor
Sirius Black- Town Tracker
Solid Snake- Town FOXDIE Victim (PGO derivative, gives FOXDIE to anyone who targets him. Targeting player dies at lynch scene of following day.)
Hal Emmerich A.K.A Otacon- Town 3-shot Neighborizer
Moaning Myrtle- Town Ghost (can talk after death but not vote)

10 VTs:

Harry Potter
Hermoine Granger
Neville Longbottom
Rubeus Hagrid
Luna Lovegood
Draco Malfoy
Meryl Silverburg
Colonel Campbell
Gray Fox
Big Boss

Role PMs:

Fatman:

Hello, [player], you are Fatman, Self-aligned Mad Bomber. You have the following abilities:

-Day Serial Killer: Once each Day you may PM me with the name of one player, and that player will be blown up with explosives. You may also put your kill in bold in the game thread if you choose to do so. Day kills will reset the votecount. You may not kill on Day 1 until page 10 or later.

-2-shot Commuter: Due to your mad roller-blading skills, you are able to skate away from the game on two nights in this game. Doing so will make you immune from all night actions on the nights of your choosing. You can do this by PMing me with this night action on the nights you want to use this ability.

-1-shot SuperSaint Maker: Once in this game on any night you may strap a bomb to one player of your choosing by PMing me with this action. The player will then be turned into a SuperSaint, and will kill any player who hammers him/her with an explosion. The player will not know of their SuperSaint status, but they will know something has changed due to the weight of the bomb.

Your kill flavor is “was blown apart Day X”.
Your fakeclaims are Johnny Sasaki and EVA.

You win when you are the last person alive in the game or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Mafia:

Voldemort:
Hello, [player], you are Voldemort, Mafia Whisperer. You have the gift of being able to speak Parseltongue. Each night you may designate one player to receive a message saying anything you choose, and I will PM that player with your message. The player receiving the message will not know who it is from. If you elect to perform your faction's night kill on any given night, your kill flavor will be “was reduced to ash Night X”. In addition to these abilities, you may talk to your faction [here] each night. You win when your faction accounts for a majority of all living players, or when nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Volgin:
Hello, [player], you are Volgin, Mafia Godfather. You are investigation immune, meaning any investigation that targets you will receive a verdict of “innocent”. If you elect to perform your faction's night kill on any given night, your kill flavor will be “was electrocuted Night X”. In addition to these abilities, you may talk to your faction [here] each night. You win when your faction accounts for a majority of all living players, or when nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Psycho Mantis:
Hello, [player], you are Psycho Mantis, Mafia Roleblocker. You are the most powerful practitioner of psychokinesis and telepathy in the world. By using the power of your will alone, each night you may prevent one player from using any abilities they may attempt to use. If you elect to perform your faction's night kill on any given night, your kill flavor will be “was forced to kill himself Night X”. In addition to these abilities, you may talk to your faction [here] each night. You win when your faction accounts for a majority of all living players, or when nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Vamp:
Hello, [player], you are Vamp, Mafia Goon. If you elect to perform your faction's night kill on any given night, your kill flavor will be “was drained of blood Night X”. In addition to this ability, you may talk to your faction [here] each night. You win when your faction accounts for a majority of all living players, or when nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Town PRs:

Severus Snape, Town Cop:
Hello, [player], you are Severus Snape, Town Cop. You may administer veritaserum to one player each night and ask them whether they are innocent or guilty, and they will answer truthfully. You can do this by sending me a PM with this action. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Mei Ling, Town Doctor:
Hello, [player], you are Mei Ling, Town Doctor. You may save the game for one player each night, meaning that if they are targeted for a kill that night it will be prevented. You can do this by sending me a PM with this action. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Sirius Black, Town Tracker:
Hello, [player], you are Sirius Black, Town Tracker. You may turn into your dog form once each night and track a player, and you will see who, if anyone, that player targets. You can do this by sending me a PM with this action. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Solid Snake, Town FOXDIE Victim:
Hello, [player], you are Solid Snake, Town FOXDIE Victim. You were injected with the FOXDIE virus and are now a carrier. Anyone who targets you will contract the FOXDIE virus and will die at some point in the game. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Hal Emmerich A.K.A Otacon, Town 3-shot Neighborizer:
Hello, [player], you are Hal Emmerich A.K.A Otacon, Town 3-shot Neighborizer. You have three codecs to give away to whoever you choose. You may give them away at night by sending me a PM with the player(s) you want to neighborize. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Moaning Myrtle, Town Ghost:
Hello [player], you are Moaning Myrtle, Town Ghost. You are already dead, but you just cant seem to shut up! You enjoy talking to the living, and therefore even if you are killed in the game by any means, you can continue to post your thoughts in the game thread, but you will no longer be able to vote. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

VT:

Hello, [player], you are [character], Vanilla Townie. You have no abilities other than your voice and your vote. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

QTs:

Scum QT
Neighborhood QT
Dead QT

Actions:

Day 1:
Tammy kills AurorusVox

Night 1:
Benmage investigates Tammy (guilty result)
BloodCovenant protects Nero Cain (successful)
snifit tracks Nero Cain to Tammy
Nero Cain neighborizes Tammy
AngryPidgeon killed Nero Cain (prevented by doc protect)
mykonian sent message to Tammy
Tammy made zabriel a SuperSaint

Day 2:
Tammy kills ThAdmiral

Night 2:
Benmage investigates PeregrineV (innocent)
WrathChild protects Benmage (overruled by strongman kill)
snifit tracks PeregrineV (targeted no one)
Nero Cain neighborizes no one
AngryPidgeon sent Nagini to strongman-kill Benmage
mykonian sends message to mastin2

Night 3:
Thor665 protects mastin2
Cheery Dog tracks MagnaofIllusion (targeted no one)
Nero Cain neighborizes mastin2 and Thor665
AngryPidgeon kills Thor665
mykonian sends message to mastin2

Night 4:
Cheery Dog tracks jasonT1981 (targeted no one)
AngryPidgeon kills Cheery Dog
mykonian sends message to AngryPidgeon

Night 5:
AngryPidgeon kills MagnaofIllusion

Night 6:
AngryPidgeon kills Kise
mykonian messages no one

Night 7:
AngryPidgeon kills Kublai Khan
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4952 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:44 am

Post by pidgey »

The 3 repeated messaged to AP + other things made me think it was kinda impossible for myk/AP scum team.

And I was gay for backtracking my read on Myk but not on AP.

That's basically it.
-----------------
Sup
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4953 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:46 am

Post by Benmage »

Yessir....
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4954 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:48 am

Post by pidgey »

I take the blame of the mylo result.:(
-----------------
Sup
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4955 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I blame the whole town for not sheeping my AP scum read on day 1
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4956 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:52 am

Post by pappums rat »

Thanks everyone for playing, I had a good time modding this game and I hope you had fun playing it.

Any recommendations for future modded games in areas I could have done better with would be appreciated if there are any.
Last edited by pappums rat on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #4957 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 4954, pidgey wrote:I take the blame of the mylo result.:(

I wouldn't have done it better ;)
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4958 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:58 am

Post by pidgey »

My only recommendation would probably be to be more specific on stuff.

Like jason's role and acosmist's role. I would have added
a) the vote count thing on jason
b) the flavor on acosmist
-----------------
Sup
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #4959 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:05 am

Post by mykonian »

empire in death topic wrote:When they don't have to consider claimed PRs, scum are showing a pattern for killing the level headed, most well known for competence players every night without regard for the suspicion they've drawn (Thor -> MoI -> KK point to this trend) so they're just trying to take advantage of the chaos.

Hey, get out of my head.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4960 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:11 am

Post by Benmage »

Well played scum. Totally deserving. Egocentric town was pathetic by the end.

If you weren't going to lynch Acos for policy D1/D2... doign so in lylo is one of the most pathetic things ever. Oh and Jason blows.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #4961 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:13 am

Post by Faraday »

2 roles that can in theory be pretty strong (Ghost, PGO type role) kind of worked out to be not really positive for the town in the end. Scum deserved this. Did Myk ever even character claim?
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4962 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4960, Benmage wrote:Egocentric town was pathetic by the end.

You do know I had the scum team pegged right?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4963 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

If I had not lost my computer at home and I was online more and yelled for an AP lynch more often things might have been different, idk.

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #4964 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:20 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 4961, Faraday wrote:2 roles that can in theory be pretty strong (Ghost, PGO type role) kind of worked out to be not really positive for the town in the end. Scum deserved this. Did Myk ever even character claim?

Only at the far end. I never got the opportunity really. People simply didn't want to know.

Just read through the dead topic about the discussion about the messages. Can't stop laughing. Yes, it was manipulative as fuck. I loved this role. Thanks esspecially KK for the comments there.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4965 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:25 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 4960, Benmage wrote:Well played scum. Totally deserving. Egocentric town was pathetic by the end.

If you weren't going to lynch Acos for policy D1/D2... doign so in lylo is one of the most pathetic things ever. Oh and Jason blows.
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4966 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:32 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 4962, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4960, Benmage wrote:Egocentric town was pathetic by the end.

You do know I had the scum team pegged right?

Your reads were good by endgame.

But not getting people in line is the most important aspect of the game.

That was poor wording, I meant more ego-midgame. Hence the no lynch. Endgame shit stemmed from Jason, and the lynching of Acos in lylo.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4967 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

yeah, I can't convince folks for shit.

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4968 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:39 am

Post by Benmage »

And pappums, thanks for the game.

I think it was balanced quite well. I hate cops, but scum had a lot of counters to it, so well done.

Q: Would giving the scumteam daytalk be too much?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #4969 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:39 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 4965, Acosmist wrote:
In post 4960, Benmage wrote:Well played scum. Totally deserving. Egocentric town was pathetic by the end.

Hey, we needed aco there. He was so good at getting this town to not work together.

Nero could have convinced Jason and Pidgey had Aco not sheeped his wagon.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4970 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:43 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Plus it would have been fun to blow a few more people p during the day ;)

:cop:

Ya, we were specifically killing players we thought were likely to think clearly in the future.

Pidgey, I really like playing with you if thats any consolation : (.

Side note: If I were just observing the MyLo and didnt know anyones roles, I absolutely would have thought Nero was scum. There is no way I would have thought otherwise (as subjective as I am in saying that)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #4971 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:44 am

Post by mykonian »

pidgey, aco, jason?

come on, we were obvtown. Jason was the towniest of their bunch :)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4972 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:47 am

Post by Benmage »

Wasn't it known that nero got doc'd tho, or am I confusing the game and the dead thread...
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #4973 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:47 am

Post by mykonian »

that was only known to the dead thread.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4974 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:48 am

Post by Acosmist »

Objective case on mykonian led to nothing due to jason being jason

So that was fun. Actually going back, trying to justify my reads to myself, and then getting evidence that was objectively good for other people.................led to nothing. What an utter waste of time. Newbie game type play there.
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”