Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:09 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Acronach wrote:
vote pine
for not posting yet
You can honestly look at Zombeh and Twistedspoon and decide the guy who hasn't posted yet looks more scummy? Hww does that work?

@evilpacman - as exciting as the strategy discussion of your role is, I have $5 that says it's also possible to scumhunt while that is going on.
Ion67
Ion67
Goon
Ion67
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by Ion67 »

Vote: Acronach
for having pacman as their avatar but not in their name
Acronach
Acronach
Goon
Acronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by Acronach »

Thor665 wrote:
Acronach wrote:
vote pine
for not posting yet
You can honestly look at Zombeh and Twistedspoon and decide the guy who hasn't posted yet looks more scummy? Hww does that work?
random voting stage. operative word: random
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Evilpacman and Acronach having very similar avatars is messing with my head :? .
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Acronach
Acronach
Goon
Acronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by Acronach »

ya, just switched back to my old avi so i could say "brace for epic" lol. gonna switch it back now since its bugging you.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

Thor665 wrote:
Acronach wrote:
vote pine
for not posting yet

@evilpacman - as exciting as the strategy discussion of your role is, I have $5 that says it's also possible to scumhunt while that is going on.
Zombeh I can see. However you're voting Twistedspoon for having the exact same thought I had when CJMiller said "at the" so I'll disagree on that one.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by Quilford »

Magister Ludi wrote:1. Your boss comes out with an important project and gives it to you. It is extremely hard, but if you complete it by yourself, you get all the praise and a raise. Do you work alone, or gather a small group to work with you?

2. You begin playing a new strategy game you have never played before. You are going to play this game with your friend in 3 days for an unknown prize. Do you study yourself, or use a computer to assist you in mastering it?

3. You are tired and walking home one day when someone hops off their bike and leaves it unlocked to quickly buy some groceries. Do you steal the bike and ride home?

4. 2+2= ?
1. I gather a small group.
2. I study myself.
3. Of course not.
4. 5
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by Quilford »

Oh, and random vote
VOTE: Bub Bidderskins
for having the number which is the digital root of mine.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Acronach wrote:random voting stage. operative word: random
No votes are random, all votes have meaning. Otherwise it would be impossible to leave RVS.
If you really are just "randomly" putting out a vote, how about you vote in support of someone who claims to have information? Maybe I'm a Daycop and you should back me. This isn't the newbie queue y'know ;)
evilpacman18 wrote:Zombeh I can see. However you're voting Twistedspoon for having the exact same thought I had when CJMiller said "at the" so I'll disagree on that one.
So you're not voting Zombeh because...?

@Quilford - your opinion on evilpacman's claim? Why don't you have one?

@Ion67 - your read on my scumtell on Twistedspoon or Zombeh please, I'm curious to hear why they're so weak you won't back either of them. Clearly you have to disagree with them for some reason. What is that reason and why should I be voting whoever you're voting? (Acronach)
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

Because it's the third page and he's posted once. Also I try to avoid RVS a lot of the time because of players like yourself (and cuz one time I got outed as scum from my "RVS" vote).
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by Thor665 »

What page do votes become acceptable at?
Acronach
Acronach
Goon
Acronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by Acronach »

Thor665 wrote:
Acronach wrote:random voting stage. operative word: random
No votes are random, all votes have meaning. Otherwise it would be impossible to leave RVS.
If you really are just "randomly" putting out a vote, how about you vote in support of someone who claims to have information? Maybe I'm a Daycop and you should back me. This isn't the newbie queue y'know ;)
hmm... i see... good point
(cough) #57 (cough)
this is an excellent point indeed, so many votes and so much meaning in all of them
(cough) #51 (cough)
yes, i believe you've won this argument
(cough) #44 (cough)
i cannot find a single flaw in that logic of yours
(cough) #41 (cough)

in all seriousness though, my vote was probably more serious than any of the other votes currently up, so ya.
unvote
if it makes you feel better. its just a RVS vote anyway, not like im gonna keep it there.
Thor665 wrote:What page do votes become acceptable at?
if you have a serious vote, then vote it. somple as that.
Zombeh-Pug
Zombeh-Pug
Goon
Zombeh-Pug
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Zombeh-Pug »

Magister Ludi wrote:
1. Your boss comes out with an important project and gives it to you. It is extremely hard, but if you complete it by yourself, you get all the praise and a raise. Do you work alone, or gather a small group to work with you?

2. You begin playing a new strategy game you have never played before. You are going to play this game with your friend in 3 days for an unknown prize. Do you study yourself, or use a computer to assist you in mastering it?

3. You are tired and walking home one day when someone hops off their bike and leaves it unlocked to quickly buy some groceries. Do you steal the bike and ride home?

4. 2+2= ?
1. Work alone.
2. Use a computer to assisst me.
3. No.
4 <--
Thor665 wrote: @Ion67 - your read on my scumtell on Twistedspoon or Zombeh please,
How was my RVS vote scummy?
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Tasky »

VOTECOUNT 1.1

Twistedspoon (2/11): Thor665, Bub Bidderskins
Gollum (1/11): Zombeh-Pug
Bub Bidderskins (2/11): Twistedspoon, Quilford
Acronach (1/11): Ion67

Not Voting (15): Cecily, Kcdaspot, MrTrow, Zdenek, evilpacman18, flinter, Nocmen, TheJakalope, Gollum, Calcifer, Furcolow, Magister Ludi, Ctorj49, Pine, Acronach

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch.

Base-Time ends 29.04.2011, 22:00 CET
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

oh...

sorry i didn't see this start.
VOTE: cecily
dumbest name of the playerlist.
with magister ludi, and who ever this KC guy is taking 2nd and 3rd respectively..

...wait a minute..
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

i'm going to sleep

off of first impression:

thor and pacman are prob town.

dunno the rest.

bedtime kiddies.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Zombeh-Pug wrote:How was my RVS vote scummy?
Because you went out of your way to remove all evidence of your own opinions from the vote.
Also, you did a 21 number random generation, which meant you were even willing to consider a self vote.
Neither action strikes me as pro-town.

You've now also failed to comment on the claim we had in thread, did respond to the pointless questions in thread, and went immediately into defense of yourself.
Yeah - scum.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Acronach wrote:in all seriousness though, my vote was probably more serious than any of the other votes currently up, so ya.
unvote
if it makes you feel better. its just a RVS vote anyway, not like im gonna keep it there.
Somebody totally missed my point.

If you see no value to the RVS why did you make the vote in the first place? (I'll presume the old standby answer of 'conformity to site meta' if you want to skip answering this)
Now that we've established you don't use RVS to scumhunt...um...what are you doing to scumhunt? I can't see it, and that looks scummy to me when i don't see scumhunting. What am I missing?
Acronach
Acronach
Goon
Acronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by Acronach »

Thor665 wrote:
Acronach wrote:in all seriousness though, my vote was probably more serious than any of the other votes currently up, so ya.
unvote
Somebody totally missed my point.

If you see no value to the RVS why did you make the vote in the first place? (I'll presume the old standby answer of 'conformity to site meta' if you want to skip answering this)
Now that we've established you don't use RVS to scumhunt...um...what are you doing to scumhunt? I can't see it, and that looks scummy to me when i don't see scumhunting. What am I missing?
ya, mostly site conformity since i'm used to another mafia site. and it's too early to really scumhunt for anything. i'm defending myself against you, and i posted my opinioon on the claim. what else is there to do? do you want me to pick a random person and fos them?
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Calcifer »

evilpacman18 wrote:I'm gonna do something that I've never done in a serious game of mafia. Claim in my first post.

I'm the Town Hider. I figure I can use this power in 3 ways. I can say who I'm going to hide behind BEFORE each night and if I die without the person I'm hiding behind dying then you have confirmed scum and if I live you have confirmed town. Or I could say who I hide behind AFTER each night and since I'm still alive you'll have confirmed town. Or I could not say anything and just protect myself.

Flaws in each idea.
1. The biggest flaw in the first idea is that without the aid of a doctor or other protective role scum could just kill who I'm protecting to get rid of two town in one night.
2. The second idea seems like a good one to me, I can't really see anything wrong with it unless the game ends up having third parties that scum are trying to find, I could potentially eliminate candidates for them.
3. This just seems selfish and a waste.

Also, acronach, gtfo my avatar. :p
^Town

The flaw in #2 is you just dying during the night and us losing information. But what the best thing to do is make a list 2-3 people you're going to hind behind then choose one during the night. That takes away the flaw of the both ideas. The only problem is we won't have an exact guilty, but that's perfectly fine anyways.
evilpacman18 wrote:I'm gonna do something that I've never done in a serious game of mafia. Claim in my first post.

I'm the Town Hider. I figure I can use this power in 3 ways. I can say who I'm going to hide behind BEFORE each night and if I die without the person I'm hiding behind dying then you have confirmed scum and if I live you have confirmed town. Or I could say who I hide behind AFTER each night and since I'm still alive you'll have confirmed town. Or I could not say anything and just protect myself.

Flaws in each idea.
1. The biggest flaw in the first idea is that without the aid of a doctor or other protective role scum could just kill who I'm protecting to get rid of two town in one night.
2. The second idea seems like a good one to me, I can't really see anything wrong with it unless the game ends up having third parties that scum are trying to find, I could potentially eliminate candidates for them.
3. This just seems selfish and a waste.

Also, acronach, gtfo my avatar. :p
^Town

The flaw in #2 is you just dying during the night and us losing information. But what the best thing to do is make a list 2-3 people you're going to hind behind then choose one during the night. That takes away the flaw of the both ideas. The only problem is we won't have an exact guilty, but that's perfectly fine anyways.
Acronach wrote:town hider huh? seems familiar...
http://www.epicmafia.com/role/154

third party much?
Third party accusation without a vote?
DOES NOT COMPUTE.
VOTE: ACRONACH

Thor, Twistedspoon is not a D1 lynch, and Zombeh isn't scummy yet. So, let's unite and kill ACRONACH.
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Calcifer »

GDkrfdlkdlgfkdklfb

It always does that.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Calcifer wrote:Thor, Twistedspoon is not a D1 lynch, and Zombeh isn't scummy yet. So, let's unite and kill ACRONACH.
He's the only town read I have thus far. I'm nt sure about that wagon, what am I missing?

Also, why is Twisted "not a Day 1 lynch" If we lynch him Day 1 seems pretty functional that he would become one, so I'm pretty sure it's possible.
Acronach
Acronach
Goon
Acronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by Acronach »

Calcifer wrote:
Acronach wrote:town hider huh? seems familiar...
http://www.epicmafia.com/role/154

third party much?
Third party accusation without a vote?
DOES NOT COMPUTE.
VOTE: ACRONACH

Thor, Twistedspoon is not a D1 lynch, and Zombeh isn't scummy yet. So, let's unite and kill ACRONACH.
3rd party is different than maf. if the deadline gets close and we still don't have a good lynch, i'm voting pacman, but for now, that particular role isn't a threat unless they can successfully joint with maf, which is unlikely.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Acro - evilpacman actually isn't a Day 1 lynch - you let Hider claims potentially be weak cops, or let scum try to double kill them or something. After a while you can kill the hider or he dies and you get to learn about his weak cops. Basic, brilliant, and I have a beard so you should listen to me.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:43 am

Post by Zdenek »

CJMiller's request for V/LA should not be treated as a scum-slip.
Ludi wrote: 1. Your boss comes out with an important project and gives it to you. It is extremely hard, but if you complete it by yourself, you get all the praise and a raise. Do you work alone, or gather a small group to work with you?

1. Small group.
2. Depends on the game.
3. No.

Why did you ask these questions?
Zombeh wrote: Using random.org to generate a number from 1-21 I got: 14.
Relinquishing responsibility for a vote is scummy.

Evilpacman, you probably shouldn't have claimed. As far as what strategy you should use now, I'd say aim to hide behind people you are leaning town on to confirm them, and claim them after you have a few names to give us, so that scum doesn't just kill off all the confirmed townies as you announce them. Maybe try to lightly breadcrumb it, so that if you die it won't be in vain. Or do what Calcifer suggested.

Regarding Pacman's claim:
Acronach wrote: third party much?
Doesn't answer the questions and fails to consider the claim as a possible town role, and instead jumps to cast doubt on Pacman.

Thor can be town for the time being.
Acronach wrote: random voting stage. operative word: random
Reactive and defensive.
Acronach wrote: in all seriousness though, my vote was probably more serious than any of the other votes currently up, so ya.
unvote if it makes you feel better. its just a RVS vote anyway, not like im gonna keep it there.
Bizarre appeasement.

Vote Acronach
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”