Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:56 am

Post by Sofis »

Mmmh. Interesting dilemma. CS had six votes until Koru unvoted. Do I lynch or do I not lynch... I haven't really decided what to do in such situations. On the one hand, there's what I wrote in the FCMafia sign-up (about allowing time for defense in case of a quick bandwagon)... on the other hand, this isn't really the same situation, as CS has had time to defend himself, and has done so several times.

(Damn. It's difficult to make this decision without considering how it will affect this particular game.)

Anyway, I guess I'll lynch him. When the moderator happens check in on the thread shouldn't really be a deciding factor in when someone gets lynched.

------------------

After some discussion, you agree (more or less) to lynch cuban smoker. You run into some trouble, however, as you realise that you have no rope, and all the trees around here are far too small and stunted to hang someone from. But then, someone gets the idea to stone him instead. Said and done.
As cuban smoker's body lies quietly bleeding on the ground, and fails to turn into any kind of satanic being, you wonder if this was such a good idea... but then you notice something about cuban smoker's right hand. In its palm, a horrifying symbol is carved, such that you are filled with fear and revulsion by its sight! Congratulations: you have lynched a Minion of the Beast.

As the day fades into twilight and then night, you dig shallow graves for Polotet and cuban smoker in the rocky ground, and finally go off to your solitary shelters.

It is night. Choices, choices, choices.
eillid
eillid
Watcher
eillid
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:58 am

Post by eillid »

I was about to say that it sounded plausible (the beast, pilgrimage, messiah, et cetera), and then I went back to look at the first post... and saw that Polotet (the only dead person so far) was a Seeker. What three roles do we know about? Messiah, Anti-Christ, Seeker. One's a bad guy, one's a good guy who could easily say "No he's not! I am!" and the other is what he claimed. Then again, anyone else remember where we killed quercitron because he was an armed townie, the role we knew about? He could very well be a seeker. I don't suppose there's some sort of special thing for seekers to be identified by, like in Haiti?

Bah. Should I delete this, Sofis?
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:42 pm

Post by mith »

Boom, die scum die.
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:59 pm

Post by Sofis »

Bah. Should I delete this, Sofis?

Doesn't much matter, I think... but I do think I should go apply for that modhood I've been procrastinating about :).
Mackay
Mackay
Goon
Mackay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:05 pm

Post by Mackay »

8O Well... I wasn't expecting THAT!!!!!

oh well, Hooray!!!!!!!
- Mackay
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:06 pm

Post by cuban smoker »

well. I can rest in peace knowing that Mackay WAS voting for me because I was just being annoying. :D
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:58 am

Post by mith »

Peace? Well, if you call burning in the pit of Hell peace, I guess so... ;)
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2002 6:59 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Well, I was after all, a minion of the beast. Seems appropriate...
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:44 am

Post by Sofis »

Corsato sneaked through the night, heading for quercitron's campfire. Perhaps he was the Messiah. Perhaps.
As he approached the red glow of the campfire, he began to sweat. That little fire put out a lot more heat than his own did.
The glowing fire illuminated not one, but two people. Lucresia was sitting next to quercitron. What was she doing there?
Quercitron looked up and smiled at the patch of darkness that hid Corsato.
"Come here," he said.
Corsato got up, and his legs moved him forth. He kneeled before quercitron.
"You will serve me."
Corsato nodded.
"You will give me you soul, yes?"
Corsato's mouth opened, and let the word "yes" out, though he did not recall telling it to.
Quercitron once again smiled, and reached for Corsato's right hand. He extended a finger, with a nail that seemed sharper than human nail should, and carved deeply into Corsato's palm a mark that no human mind invented. Corsato did not scream. His mouth would not open.
"Now, I have other business to attend to," quercitron said as he stood up. "Go back to your own camps."
Lucresia and Corsato obeyed as quercitron walked into the night.

Meanwhile, mith sneaked through another patch of darkness not too far away. The friendly light of Mackay's campfire illuminated rim of the semi-circular depression that sheltered her camp.
Mith crept to the edge, and slowly raised his head above the rim. There she was, with BigFella sitting next to...
There She was. Mith got up and slowly descended the slope. He was vaguely aware of Orakel and CaptainBlicero doing likewise from other points on the rim of the hollow. Mackay smiled at them.
"Welcome," She said. "I have been waiting for you."
She took their hands, one at a time, and bade them sit around the campfire.
"I want your help. The Beast is among us, and it can not be allowed to continue its work. Will you help me?"
CaptainBlicero, mith and Orakel did not hesistate before agreeing. That was what they came here for, after all.
She smiled again. "Thank you," She said. "Now, it is time for you to go back to your own camps and rest until morning."
The four Disciples were reluctant to leave Her presence, but obeyed, and left to rest for the remainder of the night.

Eillid returned to her campfire. Orakel had not even been there! This was stupid. Stupid and pointless. She was cold, and hungry, and miserable, and she was probably going to die, and
"
Indeed.
"
She spun around, but the darkness behind her did not reveal the speaker.
"
You
are
going to die.
"
She drew breath, but she did not have time to scream.

Part of the sun had risen above the horizon, and Mackay decided that it was time to get up. She climbed out of the hollow, and surveyed the piece of ground that had after yesterday's discussions become a rather familiar place. Eillid's remains were not far away.
Mackay closed her eyes. "No," She said. She opened them again.
"I will not allow this." Her voice cut through the air, and roused those who were still sleeping.
Quercitron came strolling from his camp.
"Oh?" he said.
"Indeed not," Mackay replied.
"Then perhaps
you will
die?
" he asked as he shed his human guise.
Mackay looked up at the Beast in front of Her.
"No," She said. "I will not die."
"
So sure? I had heard that you were humble. Perhaps this was not the case.
"
"You Will Begone From This Place," She commanded. "You Will Return To The Pit Where You Belong, And You Will Not Trouble Humanity Further."
"
I will not!
"
"You Will Begone!" She cried, as the ground opened before her, and embraced the Beast like no other mother would.
"
Nooooo...
" the Beast screamed as he disappeared into the earth, which closed after him.
As the sound of his voice died away, Lucresia and Corsato, who had breathlessly been watching the exchange together with the Disciples and Koru, fell to the ground and did not rise. They were dead, though even a close examination revealed no hint of why.

Mackay turned to the others, who awaited Her word.
"It is done," She said.
And so it was.
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:44 am

Post by Sofis »

Short sign-up, short game :).

Game mechanics:

At the start of the first night, there were one Messiah, one Anti-Christ, and ten Seekers. The Anti-Christ kills someone each night, and the Messiah can protect someone. The Seekers can investigate one person each night, trying to find the Messiah. If they do, they become part of the Messiah's mason group. Unknown to them, however, is this little tidbit: if they investigate the Anti-Christ, they instead become Minions of the Beast. Only the Anti-Christ knew this.

The first night's choices:

Code: Select all

BigFella       | Mackay: Messiah
CaptainBlicero | cuban smoker: nothing
cuban smoker   | quercitron: Anti-Christ
eillid         | cuban smoker: nothing
Corsato        | Orakel: nothing
Koru           | Polotet: nothing
Lucresia       | quercitron: Anti-Christ
Mackay         | Kieron (Corsato)
mith           | Polotet: nothing
Orakel         | BigFella: nothing
Polotet        | mith: nothing
quercitron     | Polotet

Then cuban smoker was lynched.

The second night's choices:

Code: Select all

BigFella       | -
CaptainBlicero | Mackay: Messiah
eillid         | Orakel: nothing
Corsato        | quercitron: Anti-Christ
Koru           | 
Lucresia       | -
Mackay         | BigFella
mith           | Mackay: Messiah
Orakel         | Mackay: Messiah
quercitron     | eillid

I didn't wait for Koru's choice as it was irrelevant to the outcome of the game.

At this point, the Messiah voting bloc was a majority all by themselves, so I decided to end the game instead of going through the last few days just in order to find out which of the good guys would have survived.

I have a few questions, if you'd like to answer them:

Mackay and quercitron:
What, if anything, did you do in order to make people investigate you?

Everyone else:
If you had played either of these roles, what would you have done to get investigated?

CaptainBlicero, mith and Orakel:
What inspired the three of you to all investigate Mackay?
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:50 am

Post by mith »

Well that was quick. :)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:53 am

Post by mith »

I'm not really sure why I checked her. She just seemed to obvious choice. :)
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:57 am

Post by jeep »

It seems like this type of setup should start with day. I mean if the seekers didn't know that they could be converted to evil, then the more well known players are more likely to be investigated first night. Were there any post restrictions? Like could someone have said something that made it obvious they were the messiah?

-JEEP
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:04 am

Post by Sofis »

There were no post restrictions, but the Messiah was as mortal as anyone else, and investigations of a dead Messiah are ineffective.

You're right that starting with day would have made more sense. I didn't think of that :oops:.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:10 am

Post by Corsato »

I explained my first night reasoning to you. Orakel means Oracle in Dutch (and in Swedish as well). Since it was a random choice, I made this one up. Second night, I investigated Quercitron partly on a hunch, and partly because he's Quercitron. It's always nice to know the alignment of a good player, because they are well capable of faking a role throughout the game.

But we won. The beast has been driven back to it's own place, and I hate it very much (though some part of me feels kinda strange....like I should be happy.)

How do you get checked at night? Could be by acting different then normally.
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:17 am

Post by quercitron »

Hmm. I wondered about the Messiah being mortal...as I read through the thread before choosing eillid, I decided mith and Mackay were the most probable Messiahs and therefore didn't go for either of them, scared that I'd run into divine power or something. eillid's post after the lynching but before she saw the lynching indicated that she wasn't Messiah but might not be straight Seeker either, plus I'm not very good at reading her.

Before the Day ended jeep and I were discussing the dynamics of the game; i.e., let's say the players were mith, Antrax, and 10 newbies. Would it be fair to give either mith or Antrax a role and the opposing role to a newbie? There's a reason experienced players get investigated...if I were a Seeker, mith would have been my Night 1 pick.

If there's one thing I absolutely hate when I'm Mafia, it's Day 1 lynchings. People get lynched for the dumbest reasons, and at least recently more and more Mafia have been slipping up, I suppose. I *should've* been a bit louder during the Day to try and pull investigations. However, suspecting the Messiah's voting block (and not knowing how many players it had,) I didn't want to seem too out of place...lynching me sort of ends the game abruptly. I'm usually quiet until endgame, and it was the fear of random Day 1 lynchings that made me act the way I always do, Mafia or no.

Mackay finally has her revenge for Mini 9, I suppose... :D
eillid
eillid
Watcher
eillid
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:18 am

Post by eillid »

I didn't even think about hitting Mackay or quercitron. Maybe I need to start paying more attention.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:48 am

Post by mith »

I'm just glad we got CS. If everything else had been the same (not really likely, of course), and we'd gotten a Seeker instead of CS, we may've ended up in a nasty 4-4-1 endgame.

I'd love to see something like this done again sometime, very cool setup (agree about the starting with day thing though, I'm surprised I didn't get checked more).
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2002 11:07 am

Post by jeep »

It would be interesting to run this again, but now that people know that investigating the anti-christ turns them, it would be a much different game.

-JEEP
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:11 pm

Post by CaptainBlicero »

HA! I was RIGHT about quercy's avatar! Let's hear it for posting while drinking. Bow to my amazing Anti-Christ hunting skills!

As for my amazing Messiah hunting skills, looking back on the thread now, it does seem like Mackay was dropping some pretty good hints to her role, but last night I was just hanging around her tent to try and see her naked.

Seriously though, I tend to investigate people who I've played with before rather than randoms, since I know something about their playing style. I'm very familiar with CS and Mackay's styles from Mini 13, so that's one of the reasons I investigated them.

Actually, I was going to investigate quercitron just for the hell of it, but he didn't really seem that interesting so I changed my pick to Mackay right before I sent my choice. Good thing, huh?
Mackay
Mackay
Goon
Mackay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:41 pm

Post by Mackay »

LOL!!!!

I was actually trying to HIDE the fact that I was the Messiah....
but maybe it was My humility that revealed My true holiness. :wink:

ha-HA!!!!!! Quercitron, not only have I now got revenge on you, but I got Cadmium in James Bond mafia as well! :)

I guess I was acting differently. But that was because Cuban Smoker pissed Me off. Good thing too!

I was so worried that people who investigated the Antichrist would become his minions... but I thought it would make the killing side too strong. Now that I know it was only the Antichrist that could kill, it makes more sense. Once again to Quercitron, I knew very well of My mortality, because My role included doctor-like skills, and it told Me I couldn't protect Myself. I never actually thought about who the Antichrist was, I was concentrating on building a group and keeping them alive.

Anyway, WOOHOO!!!

Oh, and by the way, I'm not really the Messiah. I'm a very naughty girl.
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:20 am

Post by Sofis »

Now that I know it was only the Antichrist that could kill, it makes more sense.

Actually, I was planning on letting the Minions keep kiling after the Anti-Christ was gone. A mafia game shouldn't be decided on the lynching of a single person. Possibly, this unbalanced the game... but hey, you won anyway :).
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:09 am

Post by cuban smoker »

I'm not really the Messiah. I'm a very naughty girl.

Bah... I knew it all along... :wink:

Anyways, in case you guys haven't figured it out, I wasn't being serious about any of the things I said up there. Hope I didn't incite any vendettas. I humbly apologize to anyone who has taken any kindof offense to my comments. You see, we Canadians really are very polite, its just that sometimes our lives need some spicing up (what with it being freezing right now).

Oh, and remember those setences I wrote in one of my last posts with all those obnoxious words? Who honestly knew what all of them meant, eh?
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:31 am

Post by mith »

*~raises hand~*
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:42 am

Post by Sofis »

What, those were supposed to be difficult to understand :)?

Mildly apropos webcomic reference, just for the hel of it:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”