ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:04 pm

Post by ambic »

Ill accept that for now...
UnFOS Beaudoin

Vote Night Stalker

Lets keep the game moving. Yes Im bandwaggoning. Yes its shameless. Oh well....
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
John Smith. Really.

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:30 pm

Post by Night Stalker »

Odd. One would think that not talking very much would be acceptable in a game based on a Kevin Smith film.

Anyway, please forgive me for not posting. Things have been very busy and very rough lately. Plus, I just downloaded the movie, and I'm waiting for a certain female to pay me a visit so we can watch it (It was supposed to be today, but she had to cancel - hopefully it'll be tomorrow). Once I've seen the movie, I figure I can post more intelligently - and not have to worry about spoilers in the messages...

Meanwhile, FOS:
Ambic
for being a shameless bandwagon jumper.[/b]
jesternl
jesternl
Townie
jesternl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:07 am

Post by jesternl »

Luresia seems a bit too eager to hop from one forming bandwagon to another.. Now not having seen the movie may hinder me, but not toom uch I hope, and suspicious behaviour is still suspicious behaviour..
vote: Lucresia
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:57 pm

Post by ambic »

Shameless nothing you dipstick, I simply believed the claim.
Lucresia
Lucresia
Goon
Lucresia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:15 am

Post by Lucresia »

Actually Jesternl, I was the one who first voted Night Stalker, I only went to Beaudoin when I had more of a reason to. Now, though I am not suspicous of him so I just went back to my first vote.
[b]"and All anybody knows is you're not like them..."[/b]

- Elliott Smith
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2003 7:02 am

Post by DoomCow »

Vote Count:

Lucresia 2 (Trevize, JesterNL)
Beaudoin 2 (Polotet, Warrior4037 )
Night Stalker 3 (Kingpin, Lucresia, Ambic)

Not voting: Beaudoin, Night Stalker, Rite

Come on, people, vote... Not setting a deadline yet, but if nothing happens soon, I might...
No you weren't there when nothing happened baby, some fool can testify. Nobody saw your nails were dirty baby, just blame the flirty vile. You've got to say the wrong words right baby, you got to tell a lie.
-'Lie' Daan
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:53 pm

Post by ambic »

Right - this game should be a cruise I imagine. How many characters from the film (i havent seen it) can we list.

If there are less than 20 then we have it made. The mafia cant claim without taking an already taken role thus creating duplicates or by picking very unlikely side characters.

But I havent seen the movie, and I dont care to. How many characters could there be?
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:27 am

Post by KingPin »

Wow this game has really hit a wall.
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:28 am

Post by DoomCow »

I agree, so I'm imposing a deadline: Thursday, 11 AM

person with most will be lynched at deadline, if discussion starts, deadline could move...
No you weren't there when nothing happened baby, some fool can testify. Nobody saw your nails were dirty baby, just blame the flirty vile. You've got to say the wrong words right baby, you got to tell a lie.
-'Lie' Daan
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:33 am

Post by Beaudoin »

ambic wrote:Right - this game should be a cruise I imagine. How many characters from the film (i havent seen it) can we list.

If there are less than 20 then we have it made. The mafia cant claim without taking an already taken role thus creating duplicates or by picking very unlikely side characters.

But I havent seen the movie, and I dont care to. How many characters could there be?

Not counting the evil characters, oh...around 10 or so. Also,
vote: Night Stalker
. Admittedly, we've all been really quiet, but I'd like to hear a little more from him.
Beaudoin responds: "Hey! Well, no hard feeling, I guess. Since 2 is greater than 3, I'll help y'all string up Medicated Lain" -jeep, Minigame 20
Trevize
Trevize
Townie
Trevize
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:28 am

Post by Trevize »

Well the deadline is almost over and we should try to make at least one person talk.
unvote: Lucresia
vote:Night Stalker
Too lazy to look back but i agree that there are too many roles for the Mafia to claim which could conflict with already existing ones. Talk NS... TALK :)
jesternl
jesternl
Townie
jesternl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:32 am

Post by jesternl »

I agree with you Trevize, but I assure you that Night Stalker is a little hard to get to talk. But you can talk to me instead..
The teories were right, there's not too many roles the mafia can claim, and a few that
have
to be in there...
think for a minute....
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:39 pm

Post by ambic »

My dogma is dead!
I got the blues real bad.
My dogma is dead.
Can I now go tooooo bed.

Vote END DAY
Please. This game does actually promise to be interesting, lets keep it going please...
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:57 am

Post by DoomCow »

Deadline is reached!

"You, the tubby silent one!" Lucresia starts. "Yeah! Night Stalker is awfully silent today. Let's see if he has something to say." Kingpin reacts.

"Well, I'm not sure so ... Oh, why not!"

"We'll help" Ambic, Beadoin and Trevize yell as the day nears it's end. And with that they nail Night Stalker onto the crucifix. Silent Bob is crucified.

Night choices please, deadline monday 11AM
-'Lie' Daan
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
John Smith. Really.

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:23 pm

Post by Night Stalker »

Dammit! Why do you think I wasn't posting?? I wasn't allowed too!!

Maybe I should have done a role claim right away. Bah.
Lucresia
Lucresia
Goon
Lucresia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:52 am

Post by Lucresia »

damn how could I not think of that...grr. *slaps head*
[b]"and All anybody knows is you're not like them..."[/b]

- Elliott Smith
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:04 pm

Post by rite »

Leaving for Disney World today, won't be back until NEXT sunday. I know you'll miss me (but please don't lynch me!)

Rite
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:43 am

Post by DoomCow »

awaiting few more choices. Deadline extended by 6 hours (today, 5PM) no choice by then means no results.
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:04 pm

Post by DoomCow »

Day breaks... and again you meet at the church.

As you approach the church again, you notice 2 strange white wings pinned upon the doors. A body lies near. Closer inspection reveals it is Warrior4037, also known as Metatron, the voice of God...

But a new, brown pile has emerged from somewhere. Digging inside it you find the suffocated corpse of JesterNL. The small portions of weed found on his corpse reveal he was Jay, the faithfull partner of Silent Bob.

Warrior4037 (Metatron), ripped apart
JesterNL (Jay), suffocated

day ha2 broken, vote!
with 7 alive, 4 is enough to lynch...
-'Lie' Daan
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:47 pm

Post by ambic »

Vote Lucresia

Its a hunch. So shoot me, at least this will generate discussion one way or the other
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:18 am

Post by KingPin »

Lets break this down. Right now the town is out numbered.
4 bad guys, 1 loki
2 bartleby
3 azreal
4 the shit demon

3 good guys, 1 last zion
2 13th apostle
3 john doe

Okay, since it is possible that the efforts of the town will nab a bad guy today. To do this that would mean that one of the bad guys would have to vote for a bad guy. Why would they do this? It is not likely, nor would I expect them too. Unless there is an unseen element that they can not count on. For example the theory of the shit demon, he/she gets one kill a night like a serial killer. But like the serial killer the shit demon probably has no contact with the three bad guys. This would provide a problem with the voting today, as the SD will not know who to follow.
Also by claiming roles today, the town will certainly be doomed. As doing so the bad guys could claim rediculous roles, or their truthful roles and all the bad guys would then gang up on one good guy, and then eliminate the others tonight.
I like the conversation aspect of the day. But since it was obvious in the last day that all the wisdom was quickly sucked out of the surviving members, I dont know how much conversation will happen today.
Tenative steps today, 4 to lynch and the bad guys have the upper hand!!!
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:13 pm

Post by ambic »

So lets start off by making everybody talk. The mafia will be very keen to jump on a bandwagon. Lets look at it this way - assume 3 mafia are alive - then as soon as an innocent votes the mafia will all join it, unless the innocent has voted a mafia. The voting patterns today may be our biggest clue...

My biggest concern really has to be lynching a mafia. Lynching mafia is better than the demon as the demon can always kill mafia, and an SK that leaves other killers alive is a dead SK... We may have to use the bad guys against each other....

I still think forced role claims is a good idea, but maybe it should wait till tommorow when the loss of a doctor wont be near as critical.... (eg two players claim the same doctor type character, and we lynch one and get the real doc).

This could get sticky.

Talk everyone
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:37 am

Post by KingPin »

Ambic,

Vote Lucresia Its a hunch.

Question, does this mean that you may have an investigative role? Or are part of a mafia plot to point out an innocent and start a bandwagon? I think that no matter what the outcome today brings, the town will still be outnumbered. lets say we nail the SD today, that leaves 3 mafia with a kill tonight. Lets say we nail a member of the mafia, that leaves 2 mafia and SD with a total of 2 kill tonight. No matter what the outcome today, forcing role claims will only be helping the Mafia!!

Having said that, how should we view your statements quoted earlier?
Mafia or Investigative role?

FOS: Ambic
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:44 am

Post by ambic »

Review away. Go for your life. Id rather something meaningful was being discussed, and if that means my posts all get analysed and shredded then do it. Yesterday died due to lack of participation and today is building up to do the same.

THe logic I put forward does have holes, some of which you clearly saw, but the game needs discussion and we are to have a chance we need discussion to fly and fast. We are perilously close to being thrown over. I still think forced role claims if used should wait until tomorrow, but yes I am aware there are a LOT of risks doing this, so we need to decide today what our rough strategy will be and if anything will make the convo 'tommorow' more interesting as we decide whether or not to stick our plans through.

Can we please up the discussion. This game is winnable, but the less discussion, the chancier our lynches are going to become.
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:18 am

Post by KingPin »

Ambic,
It is just nice to know that you and I are commited to this game.

Although the others are probably silent based on self preservation.

Question, speculating on possible roles left for the town.
1. Bethany, last zion, special skills? possibly a?

2. John Doe Jersey, special skills? possilby a doc role? This role was already claimed by Beaudoin. Is there a possibility that there is another role that we are not considering? If there is then that would leave Beaudoin without a role. And a likely target!!

3. 13th apostle, special skills? possibly an invesigative role?

Is there a reason that you suspect Lucresia? I understand the hunch. It probably came from the claim that s/he should have thought of that!. Or perhaps that she jumped votes. But this does not sound to unreasonable considering the first day antics of the game in general. I am not defending Lucrecia by any means. I am merely trying to understand why you voted for him/her. Doing so has not alerted any response from Lucrecia as of yet, no defense. But what would they defend against, a hunch. I have also noticed that no others have joined you in their voting. Which to me makes you look innocent. I can not, however, overlook the fact that you have VOTE'd not FOS'd. This makes you look suspicious. That was the reason for my FOS.

Lucrecia,
Do you have anything that you would like to add. Not a role claim but an argument. Reasons to repeal Ambics vote.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”