d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:35 pm

Post by d8P »

Thoughts:
A. There's a premature vigilante, mafia=1 living Gf + 1 pinky + 1 dead brain, an SK, a doctor, and one scared, dead cop.
OR
B. There are no vigilantes (yet), but mafia=(Gf+brains+?)+(2nd family)and 1 SK (or 1 family and 2 SKs), a doc, and a cop???

Both have the same outcome on night one, but no way are there 3 maf + 2 SKs in a game of 12. It MUST be a random-/premature-/pumpkin-type vigilante.

Cuban Smoker: You could be right with the razor thingy. Or you're being manipulative. You made the assumption Dark had made a Freudian slip, instead of a logical one. Fine...except for 3 things:
1. When I questioned Darkblade's guess/blunder, you took the idea and turned it into incrimination, voted and Dourgrim followed. This is not suspicious in itself. In context it has an unpleasant odour, though.
2. At first I thought "cool, first game and I'm praised by the experienced". Call me a cynic if you will, but it struck me as a clever mafia tactic - praising newcomers in order to influence their voting.
3. Chiro mistakenly thought there were 3 on the bandwagon.
FOS: cuban smoker, second to leap on the bandwagon, praising d8p, and offering 'wisdom' which really doesn't say much. Vote: Dourgrim, third on the bandwagon
Why did Chiro think 3? Because of the wording of your praise - "Good catch!". It implied, at least to Chiro, that I'd started the wagon rolling.
So not only did you try to start a bandwagon but you gave the idea it was
my
doing!

HUGE FOS: Cuban Smoker.
You've got 4 votes already.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:33 pm

Post by cuban smoker »

:x

I'm a cop, alright? I got DarkBlade as a "evil" the first night. As soon as I saw an opportunity to use logic to weed him out (his assumption), I gave it a shot. Apparently, I didn't do a good enough job. Yes I was trying to manipulate the town. I suppose some of my arguments were stretches. But I was being consistent.

Now I'm about to die, and I have to come out. Why? Look at your arguments again. Bah. Like what I tried to do was any worse than the other great reasons for voting for people on day 1. OY.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:35 pm

Post by jeep »

unvote: Cuban Smoker ; vote: Darkblade

OK, I'll play follow the cop...even though the claim was forced, you are vulnerable to the anti-Lepton's in my mind.

-JEEP
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:33 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

Again I say... bleh. I've been changing my mind more often in this game than even I can believe... right now I'm not sure who to believe or what to think. At first, CS made a certain amount of sense to me and I followed him... then I had some doubts about Darkblade's guilt and decided to go after the silent people... now the silent people are talking...

Is it time to shamelessly bandwagon on the word of a claimed cop on Day 1? A bit dangerous, because we have no history of investigations to compare this one to (i.e. he could be random/insane/etc), but not really any more dangerous than the usually-random Day 1 lynch... but CS admits to attempting to manipulate the town, which perhaps casts a bit of doubt on his cop claim... but only a bit, because you're supposed to try and talk people into following your investigations without having to claim your role; that's what the game is all about, isn't it? See my confusion? :(

I'll leave my FoS where it is, simply because this whole "manipulating the Town" thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth. However, I would very much like to make an
official request for a vote count from the mod
soon. I'm sure you'll understand, d8P, if I tend to mistrust vote counts from players... nothing personal, of course.

I guess a shameless bandwagon it is, then... *sigh*

vote: Darkblade
... but if he comes up innocent, we should probably go after CS on principle.
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:03 pm

Post by mneme »

unvote: cs

I don't entirely believe the role claim, but I don't really want to kill a cop, either...
Mickey
Mickey
Townie
Mickey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:28 pm

Post by Mickey »

Cuban Smoker

I want to believe you, and I almost do...
I'm still trying to figure out why you fought the 3 killer theory when you suspected that Darkblade was the 3rd killer.
You seem to have uncommon knowledge but I figure if you were in cahoots with Darkblade you wouldn't be trying so hard to take him down so agressively and so early in the game - even further I doubt you would be spearheading the effort. That supports your cop claim.
Can you shed more light on the results of your investigation other than "evil".
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:57 am

Post by cuban smoker »

No, I got "evil" as my result. It was a very terse email.

And I wan never argueing against the 3 killer theory. I was merely stating that there isn't
necessarily
3 killers, which is why DarkBlade's assumption was suspiscious.
Mickey
Mickey
Townie
Mickey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:25 am

Post by Mickey »

OK ...

No more from me on the 3 killer theory. (I think we beat that horse to death).

I guess we will soon put the results of your investigation to the ultimate test.

unvote: Cuban Smoker

vote: Darkblade
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:29 am

Post by mneme »

Unless anyone's got any more to say, it's time for the day to end, I guess.

Vote: Darkblade
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:36 am

Post by d8P »

Unvote: Babyface.

Now I'm even more suspicious of you CS! Your post from before Darkblade answered isn't consistent with your cop claim. If you
knew
he was evil why did you say: "I'm becoming more and more convinced"?

I want your response before I follow you.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:55 am

Post by cuban smoker »

... 8O

Because I didn't want the town to know I was a cop...
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2003 7:02 am

Post by d8P »

Dourgrim, just for you: :P

Unofficial vote tally:

Darkblade: 5 (Cuban smoker, Jeep, Dourgrim, Mickey, Mneme)
Dourgrim: 1 (Chiromancer)
Cuban Smoker: 1 (Darkblade)

Not voting: Babyface, Doomcow, d8P.

CS: If you knew Darkblade was guilty why didn't you "random" vote for him/her from the start?

I hate to drag this out everybody but I smell a Lepton's gambit. At the risk of being associated with Dark, I urge everyone to wait until we've heard more.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2003 7:22 am

Post by cuban smoker »

That's an interesting question. Why don't we phrase it differently so you can guess at the answer yourself:

If you knew DarkBlade was guilty, why didn't you random vote him like all other cops do on day 1 and thus paint a target on your back, while accomplishing very little?

It should be noted that the theory here is that even if the cop dies, the "random" voting at the beginning should leave the town with a clue as to who to vote. But I ask f you to find one example where a dead cop's random vote was followed in later days. There's too much risk, thus making the random vote essentially useless anyway. It's just too predicatable now.

You will also note my "random" vote was only a joke vote, something I've wanted to do since jeep posted about this phenomenon in the minigame queue.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2003 7:22 am

Post by Dourgrim »

d8P wrote:Dourgrim, just for you: :P

<snip the vote count>
CS: If you knew Darkblade was guilty why didn't you "random" vote for him/her from the start?

I hate to drag this out everybody but I smell a Lepton's gambit. At the risk of being associated with Dark, I urge everyone to wait until we've heard more.

OK, here's the deal: you are quite clearly defending Darkblade
waaaay
above and beyond the call of duty here, IMHO. If Darkblade ends up being innocent, then I'll happily salute you for being correct... but, then again, I suspect it won't be necessary for me to pat you on the back, because we may very well be busy stringing up CS for being a self-admitted manipulator and lynching a Townie. If, however, Darkblade comes up scum, you're in deep ka-ka, buddy. A big ol'
FoS: d8P
for not only dragging out the day, but also for staunchly defending someone a claimed cop has declared scum. The lynch will tell the tale...

Hey, folks, look at it this way: tomorrow should be easy... if we ever manage to finish this day, that is. :wink:
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:27 am

Post by d8P »

Hmph. My last two posts were supposed to appear one after another except I went back to the beginning to check and double check my vote count. When I finally posted the tally CS had already responded to the first attack on his role claim.

Incidentally, I was attacking CS's claim, not defending Darkblade. My vote would have lynched, and will, but I didn't want to be hasty because I still had suspicions. Foolish to believe any insights into human behaviour and interaction could be gained through confrontation and discussion. ~scratches chin, having momentarily lost the point of the game~
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:32 am

Post by d8P »

Alright, CS, it's time to put an end to the guess work.
Vote:Darkblade
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:33 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Have I sastisfied you yet? Of course, it would be wise to let DarkBlade speak as well. As well, I cannot be assured of the accuracy of my investigations.

However, I do think some of my arguments are still valid, and I believe that they give more weight to my accusations
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:06 am

Post by jeep »

But I ask f you to find one example where a dead cop's random vote was followed in later days.

Umm... if you want just one, then look at Improbable Role mafia. OK, I'll concede that it wasn't a cop we followed, it was lassie, but same diff... I know there are others, but I don't want to look for them now.

-JEEP
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:36 am

Post by Darkblade »

No.... NO NO NO! I leave for a tournment at 5:30 in the morning, come back, and find I am lynched with 6 votes. d8p, it was very unsportsman like to cast the lynching vote while I was away. Seriously not cool.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:47 am

Post by Dourgrim »

d8P wrote:Hmph. My last two posts were supposed to appear one after another except I went back to the beginning to check and double check my vote count. When I finally posted the tally CS had already responded to the first attack on his role claim.

Heh... just like when you were trying to out-post me earlier... you have absolutely zero luck with your post timing, bud. :wink:
d8P wrote:Incidentally, I was attacking CS's claim, not defending Darkblade. My vote would have lynched, and will, but I didn't want to be hasty because I still had suspicions. Foolish to believe any insights into human behaviour and interaction could be gained through confrontation and discussion. ~scratches chin, having momentarily lost the point of the game~

OK, I'll buy that... but remember, it's still Day One. It seems like we've debated and haggled more in this one day than most games do in later days. Going into Day One, we all pretty much knew that we'd be voting semi-randomly anyway, so going on the investigation of a claimed cop is much better than a truly random bandwagon.

And, also incidentally, although I'm sure CS is less than pleased about it, you certainly did a good job provoking someone into giving us information to work from on Day One, not an easy thing to do most games (from what I've read, anyway). There's your insights... if you glean anything from them, let us know. :D

OK, one last thing. We want to hear from Darkblade before we lynch him, is this correct? If so, someone better unvote him. Personally, I'd rather just get the day over with... callous of me, I know, but this first day has kinda dragged...
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:51 am

Post by mneme »

Um...for most games, you don't have a choice -- once you've got a quorum to lynch, unvotes don't "unlynch".

but in case it actually helps:

unvote: darkblade
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:56 am

Post by d8P »

Don't know if I can do this but
Unvote: Darkblade.
You're not dead yet. Now speak. It'd better be good.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:59 am

Post by d8P »

[quote=Dourgrim] you have absolutely zero luck with your post timing[/quote] A truer word has ne'er been said
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:00 pm

Post by jeep »

Normal policy is that once majority is reached, that person is lynched next time the mod checks. Since it wasn't stated as different, I assume this will be the case.

We are currently in the time Sketchwick coined as "Twilight" the time between the lynch being set and the mod posting the death scene. If you have any information you want to get out before night, you better hurry and reveal it. Otherwise, sit back and relax...

-JEEP
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:13 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

jeep wrote:Normal policy is that once majority is reached, that person is lynched next time the mod checks. Since it wasn't stated as different, I assume this will be the case.

Y'know, I'm pretty sure I already knew that... apparently I had a misfiring neuron or something. :D

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”