Newbie 1323 - Reck's Popsicle Stand! (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

But if we're all siting around waiting for someone to slip up then we're stuck in this boring party of the game. You don't force slip ups by questioning, you allow them to happen. If there are no questions noone will ever slip up.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Antagon
Antagon
Goon
Antagon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by Antagon »

@Mod: Please prod Cubesnail and buldesmar

Like right now? Instead of taking an active role in finding scum, you want to lay back and wait for someone to start a bandwagon to start for you to jump on. I highly doubt that it's the optimal way to find scum. It seems that you are scum who wants to wait for the town to start killing themselves.
UNVOTE: Buldesmar
VOTE: the Godfather
This vote is for you to explain the logic behind being passive rather than active.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:44 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 51, Antagon wrote:
@Mod: Please prod Cubesnail and buldesmar

Like right now? Instead of taking an active role in finding scum, you want to lay back and wait for someone to start a bandwagon to start for you to jump on. I highly doubt that it's the optimal way to find scum. It seems that you are scum who wants to wait for the town to start killing themselves.
UNVOTE: Buldesmar
VOTE: the Godfather
This vote is for you to explain the logic behind being passive rather than active.

:goodposting:
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
the Godfather
the Godfather
Goon
the Godfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:49 pm

Post by the Godfather »

For the most part I was waiting fr someone to slip up so then I could strike and post what I think and why. I'm not waitin for a bandwagon... Th reason I was waiting is because there was and still is not much I could get a read on
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:11 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

That's still solvable by getting proactive.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
the Godfather
the Godfather
Goon
the Godfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:37 pm

Post by the Godfather »

I understand I will try to input stuff I think is useful
Antagon
Antagon
Goon
Antagon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:38 pm

Post by Antagon »

In post 23, anorway wrote:VOTE: Cheery Dog because owls are more awesome animals.

In post 25, anorway wrote:
Unvote: Cheery Dog
because dogs apparently can't fly.

Okay, to take over your job of finding scumtells, or at least anti-town tells.
From my limited reading of games on this forum, RVS usually ends when someone succumbs to pressure and makes an obvious scumtell. Cheery Dog had his vote taken off because of a joke. I don't think that made a good reason to immediately take off someone's vote unless anorway is newbish and wants to look active. He is definitely more suspicious because of that.
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:02 pm

Post by NicCage »

In post 29, Nachomamma8 wrote:best way to get the game over is focusing efforts on one player so the replacement has more fun coming in

Focusing on one player I understand, but why the replacement? There was a buldermar (or however you spell it) wagon going. I know he's receiving a prod now, but at that time he wasn't
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:36 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 55, the Godfather wrote:I understand I will try to input stuff I think is useful

do you have any input on Mr. Cage's/Kid A's case on me? What do you think of Nicholas Cage actively pursuing the case on me, while Kid A is hanging back and waiting?

In post 57, NicCage wrote:
In post 29, Nachomamma8 wrote:best way to get the game over is focusing efforts on one player so the replacement has more fun coming in

Focusing on one player I understand, but why the replacement? There was a buldermar (or however you spell it) wagon going. I know he's receiving a prod now, but at that time he wasn't

I know buldermar. When he comes around, he won't feel that pressured. Replacements feel overwhelmed when they replace in and see a bunch of votes on them, which is good for us. It's also good to keep the pan nice and warm for while they are trying to get in their groove; sometimes true towniness shows through, sometimes scum bumble. You can't get that from a player who is already settled in.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

the Godfather
the Godfather
Goon
the Godfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:09 pm

Post by the Godfather »

I understand why kid A would make note of that and I do not think it is bad that he didn't place his vote but at the same time as a few others said one post ISNT full attack mode and even if it was it would be good to start with at least one "full attacker" to get the game moving...
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 59, the Godfather wrote:I understand why kid A would make note of that and I do not think it is bad that he didn't place his vote but at the same time as a few others said one post ISNT full attack mode and even if it was it would be good to start with at least one "full attacker" to get the game moving...

and what about nic cage?

Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:18 am

Post by Kid A »

VOTE: Cubesnail
At this point I think he's just not posting so people can't get a read on him; hopefully he comes back here to defend himself
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:50 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

the Godfather (2): Nachomamma8, Antagon
Cubesnail (1): Kid A
Antagon (0):
anorway (0):
Kid A (1): Cheery Dog
NicCage (0):
buldermar (1): the Godfather
Cheery Dog (0):
Nachomamma8 (1): NicCage

Not voting: Cubesnail, buldermar, anorway

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!
Deadline is Feb 17 at 1:00AM EST.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:51 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Prodding anorway, buldermar, and Cubesnail.
green shirt thursdays
Cubesnail
Cubesnail
Goon
Cubesnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:46 am

Post by Cubesnail »

In post 61, Kid A wrote:VOTE: Cubesnail
At this point I think he's just not posting so people can't get a read on him; hopefully he comes back here to defend himself

I suppose you're right, I haven't been posting, but I've been active. Anyway, I can't find anyone particularly suspicious. I intend to vote when things more intense though. I think that voting in the first day is very risky because we have no suspicions and there really isn't any full intent from anyone to lynch. It might be a waste of a day, but we might be killing off a townie, which in turn makes the game just as short as it would be wasting a day.
I'll try to be more active. Sorry guys.
Antagon
Antagon
Goon
Antagon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:02 pm

Post by Antagon »

In post 64, Cubesnail wrote:

I suppose you're right, I haven't been posting, but I've been active. Anyway, I can't find anyone particularly suspicious. I intend to vote when things more intense though. I think that voting in the first day is very risky because we have no suspicions and there really isn't any full intent from anyone to lynch. It might be a waste of a day, but we might be killing off a townie, which in turn makes the game just as short as it would be wasting a day.

From my limited experience, not voting is considered anti-town because voting for someone allows them the chance to slip up. When I first started playing on this site, I thought the exact same thing. But, Day 1 voting isn't as random as you may think. I don't think that bandwagons will form unless someone is clearly scum.
Either way, even if someone does go to L-1, people say they intend to hammer to give time for claims, possible scum suspects, etc.
Cubesnail
Cubesnail
Goon
Cubesnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by Cubesnail »

In post 65, Antagon wrote:

From my limited experience, not voting is considered anti-town because voting for someone allows them the chance to slip up. When I first started playing on this site, I thought the exact same thing. But, Day 1 voting isn't as random as you may think. I don't think that bandwagons will form unless someone is clearly scum.
Either way, even if someone does go to L-1, people say they intend to hammer to give time for claims, possible scum suspects, etc.[/quote]
Well, so far, there hasn't really been anyone that seems scum like to me, and there hasn't been any bandwagons. It's difficult to point fingers without having anyone pointing fingers at you.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Code: Select all

[spoiler=title]blahblahblah[/spoiler]

is probably what you were looking for there.

Cubesnail
Cubesnail
Goon
Cubesnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:40 pm

Post by Cubesnail »

EBWODP: Thanks Nacho.
Spoiler: My post
In post 65, Antagon wrote:

Either way, even if someone does go to L-1, people say they intend to hammer to give time for claims, possible scum suspects, etc.[/quote]
Well, so far, there hasn't really been anyone that seems scum like to me, and there hasn't been any bandwagons. It's difficult to point fingers without having anyone pointing fingers at you.
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:17 pm

Post by NicCage »

In post 58, Nachomamma8 wrote:
I know buldermar. When he comes around, he won't feel that pressured. Replacements feel overwhelmed when they replace in and see a bunch of votes on them, which is good for us. It's also good to keep the pan nice and warm for while they are trying to get in their groove; sometimes true towniness shows through, sometimes scum bumble. You can't get that from a player who is already settled in.

Why wouldn't he feel pressured? I hope buldermar doesn't leave us so he can either confirm or deny your opinion of his play.
I doubt it would make a big difference whether or not a player was settled in, especially considering the small amount of posts we have.
the Godfather
the Godfather
Goon
the Godfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:21 pm

Post by the Godfather »

As you asked what I thought about nic cage I didn't see anything suspicious at all as I see he is simpaly makin note of tips that will help move the game I could quote then if ud like but it's only at 3 page so... Yeah An just curious is there Any reason why your vote nacho is still on me? And you too Anta if there is anything you would like me to prove or answer ask away if not just let me know why
Antagon
Antagon
Goon
Antagon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Post by Antagon »

Okay then. Who looks the most suspicious to you? Order from most scummy to least scummy and give reasons. I want to see your opinion.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

[quote="cubesnail"
Well, so far, there hasn't really been anyone that seems scum like to me, and there hasn't been any bandwagons. It's difficult to point fingers without having anyone pointing fingers at you.[/quote]
not pointing any fingers will generally get more fingers pointed at you. Such as mine is now pointed slightly your direction.
the Godfather
the Godfather
Goon
the Godfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:17 am

Post by the Godfather »

at the moment id have to agree with cheery, there are not enough posts to get my attention of anyone as scummy
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:19 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

*assumes you missed my fail quote tags*, but in case you didn't I shall have to ask about it *does that anyway*
You're agreeing with me that I'm wanting more fingers pointed but also don't think there are enough posts to get your attention?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”