Micro 250: Lucky's Great Idea Halloween Spooktacular!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:29 am

Post by Lucky2u »

Due to day 1 only lasting 14 hours, I am not issuing a prod to players who missed posting for the first day at this moment. However, if they do not post within the first 24 hours of Day 2, I will prod them and follow through with a replacement 24 hours after that.

The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:18 am

Post by phokdapolees »

In post 49, agi102 wrote:Well I can see scum taking risks. I did in another completed game.
I'm not saying that scum can't/don't take risks, but I don't see any way that hammering on page 2 of D1 benefits them. If it wasn't your scumbuddy, that would be incredibly stupid, as if you lynch town, which would be very likely, you would definitely be lynched D2. It would also obviously be stupid to hammer your scumbuddy on D1, and I don't think that kind of "bus" would gain scum much towncred.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:22 am

Post by Maestro »

agi needs to STFU

when a day lasts 14 hours you can go literally jerk yourself off about us "not being here"

all of you are at fault for yesterday's clusterfuck of a stupid lynch, and you should feel bad
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:42 am

Post by phokdapolees »

In post 52, Maestro wrote:agi needs to STFU

when a day lasts 14 hours you can go literally jerk yourself off about us "not being here"

all of you are at fault for yesterday's clusterfuck of a stupid lynch, and you should feel bad
Even... me? :( To be fair, though, he did turn out being a 3rd party when Grim and I both had him as scum, but yeah, hammering on page 2 probably wasn't the best idea.
agi102
agi102
Goon
agi102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:50 am

Post by agi102 »

In post 52, Maestro wrote: when a day lasts 14 hours you can go literally jerk yourself off about us "not being here"
Sorry for not noticing that >.>
Nope. Sort of a noob here.

Yeah the page 2 lynch was bad and I feel bad as should everyone else on the wagon (including the Guyett himself).
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:15 am

Post by aptil »

In post 53, phokdapolees wrote:

Even... me? :( To be fair, though, he did turn out being a 3rd party when Grim and I both had him as scum, but yeah, hammering on page 2 probably wasn't the best idea.
1 line made you absolutely sure he was scum , is it ?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:36 am

Post by Grimgroove »

mnemonic didn't come online since the night started, might be the reason nothing happened last night. Checked his profile.

The hammer: I felt confident, I felt it was my lucky day, and I was right. It helps that I can read Guyett like few others.

The way I see it: we start this game now, but with a bonus of having lynched a third party. And nothing happening in the night could point to something. Eithe rmnemonic, for simply not having been here tos ubmit his night action, or someone of scum having been blocked.

That or we only got cult as an enemy left. And whoever he recruited last night.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:53 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 51, phokdapolees wrote:
In post 49, agi102 wrote:Well I can see scum taking risks. I did in another completed game.
I'm not saying that scum can't/don't take risks, but I don't see any way that hammering on page 2 of D1 benefits them. If it wasn't your scumbuddy, that would be incredibly stupid, as if you lynch town, which would be very likely, you would definitely be lynched D2. It would also obviously be stupid to hammer your scumbuddy on D1, and I don't think that kind of "bus" would gain scum much towncred.
Don't get me wrong, I love a good page 2 hammer, but Scum know a lot more than town about what they are hammering, and they have a chance to get rid of a pesky PR. That can be
well
worth the risk of suspicion.

Phok is defending Grime a lot with these two posts, and I don't understand why.

Vote: Phok

In post 56, Grimgroove wrote:mnemonic didn't come online since the night started, might be the reason nothing happened last night. Checked his profile.

The hammer: I felt confident, I felt it was my lucky day, and I was right. It helps that I can read Guyett like few others.

The way I see it: we start this game now, but with a bonus of having lynched a third party. And nothing happening in the night could point to something. Eithe rmnemonic, for simply not having been here tos ubmit his night action, or someone of scum having been blocked.

That or we only got cult as an enemy left. And whoever he recruited last night.
If this were a swift game, I would give this theory more credence. As it sits, I dunno. The last few games I can remember, the scum have submitted night actions in QT.

Can there be cult at all?
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:03 am

Post by phokdapolees »

In post 55, aptil wrote:

I don't recall ever saying that. That line was what tipped me off, yes, and made my vote stay there, but his responses to the suspicion made me even more suspicious of him. However, I definitely wouldn't have
had the balls
been able to hammer Guyett like Grim did.
Porkens wrote:Don't get me wrong, I love a good page 2 hammer, but Scum know a lot more than town about what they are hammering, and they have a chance to get rid of a pesky PR. That can be
well
worth the risk of suspicion.

Phok is defending Grime a lot with these two posts, and I don't understand why.

Vote: Phok
If Guyett had flipped town, I don't think there would be any question that Grim would be eating rope today. And Grim, had he been scum, would have known not to lynch someone who could potentially flip town and lead to his lynch the very next day. That would just be bad play. I guess it just boils down to WIFOM, but overall, I don't think scum would have gained much from hammering Guyett, town or not. I'm not trying to "defend" Grim, just stating my opinion on why I think he's town.
agi102
agi102
Goon
agi102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:05 am

Post by agi102 »

I don't remember, but I think there's an investigative role that searches for Cult so presumably yes?
agi102
agi102
Goon
agi102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:07 am

Post by agi102 »

EBWOP: There can, but the recruiting is one-shot so Cults are worthless.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:11 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 49, agi102 wrote:VOTE: Grimegrove Intentional misspelling.
Can you explain that intentional misspelling? I don't get it.

Not liking these people out to policy lynch me, but let's see what happens next.

@Phorkens: There's a cult one-shot recruiter at the bottom of the list.

It would explain the no kills, which is really odd for a N1, and this game still continuing.

My money right now: either mnemonic (for,a s far as I can tell, not having come online) or agi102, for calling cults worthless. It doesn't make them less of an enemy and they are extremely difficult to find during day-interactions. And I think there's this mechanic that when the cult recruiter dies, the recruited becomes a killer. I would not call them worthless at all.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:13 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Guyett was scum because of the self-vote and the air of carelessness he tried to portray. It felt completely unnatural and I picked up on it, because I know him.

I hammered because I had the opportunity, and because it was easier than to convince you gys, because my argument was basically meta, which is very good for convinving yourself, but very useless when it comes to convincing others.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:14 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 59, agi102 wrote:I don't remember, but I think there's an investigative role that searches for Cult so presumably yes?
And here he seems to be fishing for a cult investigator's identity.

Not liking agi102.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:14 am

Post by Grimgroove »

VOTE: agi102
agi102
agi102
Goon
agi102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:21 am

Post by agi102 »

In post 63, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 59, agi102 wrote:I don't remember, but I think there's an investigative role that searches for Cult so presumably yes?
And here he seems to be fishing for a cult investigator's identity.

Not liking agi102.
Your perception is wonky. Shaddap.

UNVOTE: Grimgroove Not sure if mistaking town or just plain scum.
Grimgroove wrote:
You don't simply explain an intentional misspelling. It has this mystical quality

Not liking these people out to policy lynch me, but let's see what happens next.

It would explain the no kills, which is really odd for a N1, and this game still continuing.

My money right now: either mnemonic (for,a s far as I can tell, not having come online) or agi102, for calling cults worthless. It doesn't make them less of an enemy and they are extremely difficult to find during day-interactions. And I think there's this mechanic that when the cult recruiter dies, the recruited becomes a killer. I would not call them worthless at all.
agi102
agi102
Goon
agi102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:21 am

Post by agi102 »

Quote error has occurred. :(
agi102
agi102
Goon
agi102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:28 am

Post by agi102 »

In post 61, Grimgroove wrote:

My money right now: either mnemonic (for,a s far as I can tell, not having come online (
But what about SPAG?
) or agi102, for calling cults worthless. It doesn't make them less of an enemy and they are extremely difficult to find during day-interactions.
Because of their small size, which is the same thing that makes it extremely hard for them to win
And I think there's this mechanic that when the cult recruiter dies, the recruited becomes a killer.
Really? Ok then, if so they're not exactly worthless, but not as good as a real scum faction.
I would not call them worthless at all.
This cult can only win in 3p LyLo, because it has ONLY TWO PLAYERS. When the Cult Recruiter dies, the recruited is a Serial Killer. No additives. Pure Serial Killer. No Bulletproof. Nothing.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:39 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Tell me, how do you catch cult? Aside from a night action like a cult investigator, it's extremely difficult to find them because you got no night-kills to analyze. And yes, they're a small group. That doesn' tmake them less powerful. On the contrary. They can hide among a barrage of mislynches, and their smallness also prevents them from too many associative tells.

If cult is in this game, we're up for a GREAT challenge.

I checked the entire player list. mnemonic is the only one CONFIRMED who didn't come online during the night.

Some others I couldn't check, since they hide their online status, so their profile didn't show that information.

When I found out about that, I decided to hide my onlnie status as well, so that in the event I would be scum, I wouldn't get caught this way. Pro-tip for everyone :mrgreen:
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:41 am

Post by Grimgroove »

How would you remember an investigative role that searches for cult in that list, but not cult itself?

This line is a cult-slip. It wants to portray that it doesn't know anything about cult being in this game too hard.

Lynch him. Quickly.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:18 am

Post by Maestro »

I'll bite, Grim jumping to conclusions about Scum No-Killing is icky but a random comment about a Cult is worse

VOTE: agi

I also agree with and will reiterate that while yesterday's lynch was awful in timing/information gleaned, we've basically just got another start to the game - a Third Party and + a little speculation room about our possible Roles
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:44 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 58, phokdapolees wrote:
In post 55, aptil wrote:

Even... me? :( To be fair, though, he did turn out being a 3rd party when
Grim and I both had him as scum
, but yeah, hammering on page 2 probably wasn't the best idea.
I don't recall ever saying that.
You just wrote it right
there
In post 58, phokdapolees wrote:If Guyett had flipped town, I don't think there would be any question that Grim would be eating rope today.
Why do you think he is less suspicious for hammering 3rd party over hammering town? How can that possibly make a difference on your read of him?
In post 58, phokdapolees wrote: And Grim, had he been scum, would have known not to lynch someone who could potentially flip town and lead to his lynch the very next day. That would just be bad play.
You're saying that if Grim is scum, he would never lynch anybody except his partners. That is ridiculous.
In post 58, phokdapolees wrote: I guess it just boils down to WIFOM, but overall, I don't think scum would have gained much from hammering Guyett, town or not. I'm not trying to "defend" Grim, just stating my opinion on why I think he's town.
Why do you feel the need to state that opinion?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by Maestro »

Porkens, agi Cult-slipped

keep up plz
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:53 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 70, Maestro wrote:I'll bite, Grim jumping to conclusions about Scum No-Killing is icky but a random comment about a Cult is worse

VOTE: agi

I also agree with and will reiterate that while yesterday's lynch was awful in timing/information gleaned, we've basically just got another start to the game - a Third Party and + a little speculation room about our possible Roles
If you think the random comment about Cult is worse, then why aren't you voting for Grim?

I don't understand how we got "another start" to the game. Lyncher counts against scum majority, so we are down one, just as we would be if lyncher had been vanilla.

How is that a cult slip? Explain it to me, please.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by Maestro »

running with Grim's brief mention of a Cult and extrapolating it into what looked like an attempt to start setup spec about a Cult was what I got from agi's posts (one in which he edits to try and back off by saying Cults are useless). I'd rather just hear form him what the point was of mentioning it at all.

also we get a "restart" because now it's like this was an 8p game to start with, see?

and since some of us weren't even here "yesterday", I personally fel even less attache to the non-events that took place, so I'm no actually going to look back at D1 at all

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”