emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:19 pm

Post by emogirl123 »

In post 48, Slandaar wrote:Which is?
I'm far more interested in the people swimming against the current and
their motives
for doing so. Hopkirk appears to be playing a similar game where he previously played as a VT and made a similar yet less aggressive post towards another VT. Of course, you are going to go ahead and say to me that this is a WIFOM situation, and yes it is, I agree with you. Based on Hopkirk's posts from that game, I feel like that was not his first game of mafia, and I believe he is a more than capable of a player to play scum properly. Given his experiences in the aforementioned meta, he should know that accusing someone of not making RVS votes is capable of leading to a wagon regardless of if it is a mislynch or not. Now the interesting part of my post is, we can then analyze if his
intent
for voting me was to lead to a mislynch, or was it a genuine post to prod more information. Since I made this post, of course what ever that has happened will not be on the table anymore. The purpose of this post is to let you know that I have genuine interest in the response of the players I mentioned previously.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Post by emogirl123 »

The-Duck is no longer interesting. If you are interested in more trap cards, please continue to do what you are doing.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:57 pm

Post by emogirl123 »

In post 49, The-Duck wrote:Its weird that you say you don't like RVS, but question the motives of the first one to try and break it?
I didn't try to break it. I'm interested in why you posted what you posted, and concluded that it is not pro-scum.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:47 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 45, Hopkirk wrote:@The duck: What do you think about your own reasoning?

Slandaar is obviously just going to slandar (slander) me.

@Emo: What’s wrong with starting the game off, how would you like to do it? It seems what you’re saying is you’ll wait for someone to say something scummy then jump on them for it.

VOTE: Emogirl123
damn I was right about you? awesome. more votes on hop please. Attacking a person for not RVS'ing is like scumtell numero uno
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:06 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 50, emogirl123 wrote: I'm far more interested in the people swimming against the current and
their motives
for doing so. Hopkirk appears to be playing a similar game where he previously played as a VT and made a similar yet less aggressive post towards another VT. Of course, you are going to go ahead and say to me that this is a WIFOM situation
Uhhh
In post 50, emogirl123 wrote: and yes it is, I agree with you.
Kay.
In post 50, emogirl123 wrote: Now the interesting part of my post is, we can then analyze if his
intent
for voting me was to lead to a mislynch, or was it a genuine post to prod more information. Since I made this post, of course what ever that has happened will not be on the table anymore. The purpose of this post is to let you know that I have genuine interest in the response of the players I mentioned previously.
No, see, that's not how it works.

Even as scum its very unlikely any scum making an RVS vote would be voting to lynch (yes secretly they may want it to happen) but they won't be voting for that purpose thus you can never find the
scum intent
you are looking for. Both as town and scum the intent can be to 'prod' more information. As scum the intent is at its most basic level to blend in; to look town.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:10 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 53, Jake from State Farm wrote: damn I was right about you? awesome. more votes on hop please. Attacking a person for not RVS'ing is like scumtell numero uno
I liked the part where he was analysing the chicken suggesting its a fallacy and circular logic lol.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:30 am

yeah that too :lol:

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:53 am

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 39, Yiley wrote:Ald look at my other two games that is my play style
You're not wrong, but at the same time I would prefer more than one-liners from you this game.
In post 49, The-Duck wrote:Its weird that you say you don't like RVS, but question the motives of the first one to try and break it?
Now what makes you think you were the first one to try to break the RVS?
In post 49, The-Duck wrote:However, Jake just came in the thread to make a comment on a joke instead of the other things that were going on. To me this feels like an attempt to prolong RVS, in which scum can easily hide and waste time without any risk of screwing up.
In practice, how do often do you think scum actually try to prolong the RVS? Have you ever seen this actually occur?

Anyway, that said,
Vote: Jake from State Farm

because keeping my vote on Yiley is pointless, and Jake doesn't seem townie yet (a lot of other people who I won't specify do).
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:00 am

Post by Yiley »

So you decide to question and throw suspicion on someone for being suspicious of someone then just going right in and voting that person yourself... I don't like that.
VOTE: ald
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:03 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Who would you expect me to vote?
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:11 am

Post by Hopkirk »

My point is that what emo said was “Call me when you post real content.”
This implies that they want to avoid (possible scumslips) by taking part in anything at the start-where most d1 lynches come from in some way.

The question I’m asking is that if nobody did rvs or anything like it then how would
you
start the game? (@Emo)

@Slandaar: So you think there’s a magic-chicken-daycop in the game? Wow you have great reasons for you vote when we’re getting out of rvs.
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:25 am

Post by Yiley »

I wouldn't expect you to vote the guy who you just threw suspicion on people for being suspicious of him. Really anyone but him in this case. I really am not understanding the thought process that went into that, could you please explain that to me?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:31 am

Post by Alduskkel »

1. I am not throwing suspicion on The-Duck, I will tell you that right now.
2. Jake is kind of useless right now relative to the amount of posting he's done.
3. Therefore I'm voting him.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:32 am

Post by iamausername »

UNVOTE: JKLM
VOTE: Hopkirk

like this wagon better than anything else that's going on. specifically, these two comments bother me:
In post 31, Hopkirk wrote:I'm waiting for him to follow up before any read.
In post 45, Hopkirk wrote: It seems what you’re saying is you’ll wait for someone to say something scummy then jump on them for it.
the first because it makes it sound like his read on Alduskkel is artificially constructed, the second because it attacks emogirl for post 41 and ignores the existence of post 42, which makes it obvious that emogirl is not just waiting around for something to jump on. if Hopkirk was making an honest attempt to evaluate emogirl's alignment, as opposed to just looking for things to attack, i don't see how he'd have reached that conclusion.

in other news, Yiley is feeling very town to me.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:35 am

Post by Yiley »

So also I was debating joining the hk wagon but have decided to leave my vote where it is.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:37 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@Iama:
31=I wanted to see what he'd say in response to alduskkel. His reason for vote was obviously rvs vote but he was attempting to justify it.
45=The thing here is that emo did wait as opposed to actually helping start things. The questions were something they wanted to hear while my question i wanted to hear/still want a little more on.
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:38 am

Post by Yiley »

Also ald you are asking him a question and they way it is worded sounds like you are suspicious of him. So I may just be reading that the wrong way but that is what I'm seeing. There are people who have contributed less than jake and producing less content and such, like sonofzeus. If you want to vote someone up who hasn't posted much why not him?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:39 am

In post 62, Alduskkel wrote:1. I am not throwing suspicion on The-Duck, I will tell you that right now.
2. Jake is kind of useless right now relative to the amount of posting he's done.
3. Therefore I'm voting him.
I am handing you scum on a platter by page 3. I challenge you to find someone who has done MORE then me

greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:39 am

Post by greygnarl »

/confirm

I'm gonna hop right into the game on the Hopkirk wagon. I feel like he's trying to position himself as a town leader early on and that's a pet peeve of mine. Let's put him under a magnifying glass.

VOTE: Hopkirk
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:41 am

Post by emogirl123 »

In post 54, Slandaar wrote:Even as scum its very unlikely any scum making an RVS vote would be voting to lynch (yes secretly they may want it to happen) but they won't be voting for that purpose thus you can never find the scum intent you are looking for. Both as town and scum the intent can be to 'prod' more information. As scum the intent is at its most basic level to blend in; to look town.
I wasn't very clear earlier. A scum would however look at a previous VT game they played, and
act in a similar fashion
. This was the main point of that post, and I didn't feel this was highlighted enough.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:43 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Ald said /62 it's because of the amount of posting with a lack of content rather than the look of genuine inactivity that others may have.

@Jake: Yet your vote lacks substantive/any reasoning.

@Grey: Why? Btw considering i'm still semi-random atm i don't think i'm leading the town at all. Helpful hint: Generally if you accuse someone with the biggest wagon on them as leader the town then you probably don't understand what leading the town is.

@Emo: So could you answer my q so i can vote someone else?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:46 am

In post 70, Hopkirk wrote:@Jake: Yet your vote lacks substantive/any reasoning.
that's not true at all.

greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:46 am

Post by greygnarl »

Where did I say you were leading the town? I said you were trying to position yourself as the town leader. Big difference, but I love the way you try to discredit me so quickly.
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:47 am

Post by Yiley »

Maybe... I'll wait for ald to answer though
Pedit.
Then jake please show me where because I really dont see much/any reasoning.
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:48 am

Post by Yiley »

So he is positioning himself as leader by having L-3 on page 3? How so Mr. Gnarl?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”