Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:28 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 465, GuyInFreezer wrote: For some reason this game is hard to get into for me.
Multiple attempts of reading back all went "do I really want to do this rn"
I will attempt again tomorrow.
This is a sensible explanation for why I'm feeling bad about you currently
Bella has you as her strongest townread so I could see her picking up on things I'm not seeing because you seem different from when I've seen you as town
Looking forward to hearing more from you
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:31 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 472, Thestatusquo wrote: This doesn't feel like a town anxiety ig.

Like i feel like a town mindset would be it's early so I'll just throw what i think out there and if it's underformed or not explained well that's fine.

It feels like a scum mindset to worry about whether ones reads are good enough or justified well enough.

Do you have examples of other games where you didn't post reads because you didn't really have time to explain them?
I can attest to having the described scum mindset often as town fwiw
It comes more from a place of feeling like I'll be ignored if I don't present my most pressing thoughts appropriately/just trying to find the most effective time and means of saying what I want to say
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:43 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 482, DragonEater70 wrote: Also Klick, your readlist is so interesting to me. Why am I in first place? And why is GiF so low?
I think your early approach to this game feels natural and not really influenced at all by a potential scumteam. You're focusing on things in an open carefree way that I think you'd be hesitant to focus on as scum.

I expanded a bit on GIF a couple of posts ago, but essentially I think GIF is a player who is very good at being obvtown when town and so far I'm not seeing it.
BlueSnakelet
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/It

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:56 pm

Post by BlueSnakelet »

Spoiler: Game from #466 to #476
In post 466, Pink Ball wrote: I feel you
I do have vibe reads tho
In post 467, Thestatusquo wrote:
I do have vibe reads tho
you could maybe try sharing them.
In post 468, Pink Ball wrote: If I share them with how little time I've got to post it would be the same as not sharing them at all. It would look like a readlist rather than my actual thoughts.
In post 469, Thestatusquo wrote: Bruh it's page 19
In post 471, Pink Ball wrote: Game started 30 hours ago. I was away of home without my computer. Arrived today at noon, daddy Pink Ball responsabilities until the baby went to sleep, my wife arrived from BsAs so hubby Pink Ball responsabilities and now I'm doing a presentation for work tomorrow.

So do you want a readlist or my actual thoughts? I can give you the former, the latter will have to wait.

Like i feel like a town mindset would be it's early so I'll just throw what i think out there and if it's underformed or not explained well that's fine.

It feels like a scum mindset to worry about whether ones reads are good enough or justified well enough.

Do you have examples of other games where you didn't post reads because you didn't really have time to explain them?
In post 473, Pink Ball wrote:Bruh
In post 474, Pink Ball wrote: I have examples of games where I actually want to be active and have time to be part of the game. Throwing a readlist is not part of that
In post 475, Thestatusquo wrote: VOTE: pink ball

I'll just add a little motivation then.
In post 476, Thestatusquo wrote: Std wya?

I strongly dislike Thestatusquo's throughout this whole interaction. It felt like he wanted to leave this interaction with a scumread from the start. @Thestatusquo, are you usually this impatient as town?

END
VOTE: THE STATUS QUO!
Let he who is with sin, and loves it, cast the final stone.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:01 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 483, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 381, kuribo wrote: Ugh god I really don't like dragon's response there

vote: Dragon

Not to reiterate the things that Shea just said, but I do agree with him on this. You never once questioned four people calling you town seemingly with no good reason. And then calling yourself limbait, ehhhhhhh

Just feels like a way to preliminary poo-poo a wagon on you
Read my completed games - I've been called limbait several times on D1, different games.
Other people calling you limbait is not mutually exclusive to you using that as an excuse for your actions / an attempt to minimize any votes against you.

And for that matter, only after being repeatedly called out for it have you finally decided to analyze the people who were calling you town at an extremely early point in the game.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:40 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 496, Klick wrote:
In post 491, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 431, Klick wrote:
In post 352, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 251, Klick wrote: Firebringer town
did you came out of vla just to drop this read? does this mean you're caught up?
No
In post 353, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 257, Klick wrote: Hello Feysal! You seem like an interesting player and I'm looking forward to playing with you

I've not read particularly carefully up to this point as I'm still on V/LA, but is there anyone so far that has made you feel that they are particularly likely to be town?
yeah this doesn't feel right you're either here or you're not. whats the point of reminding the v/la if you're dropping reads and responding? just to not take heat and steer stuff?
If you'd genuinely like an explanation, I've been at Eastermeet this weekend - literally on vacation with low access. I'm excited for this game and am eager to play, but I have been spending most of my time focusing on the meet I was at. There were a couple of points during the meet when I had some down time, in which I decided to check in on this on my phone with poor data reception. To be clear, V/LA does not mean 'you're either here or you're not'.

PEdit: I've given a few and I'm catching up on the rest now
Because I'm no longer V/LA :O
vla actually means I cant check and post in game so don't prod me but fair enough.
In post 442, Klick wrote:
In post 433, Titus wrote:
In post 432, Klick wrote: From where I'm at right now FA feels very similar to Cosmos where she was scum though
Go on please.
It's not a very strongly formed thought
But the basic idea is that in Cosmos I felt like
FA's approach was largely to question other people's takes as a means to develop her own view of the game and make it look genuine

It's different from a town approach in terms of motive for posting; the whole point of what FA was doing in Cosmos felt like it was to look town through having considered and nuanced takes that were developed by sort of hijacking other players' genuine thoughts and critiquing them
And here it feels very similar, I feel like almost everything FA has done has been a critique of another original perspective with only a couple of reads originating from something she has brought up herself

It all fits under this umbrella idea of 'I think FA wants to look town right now rather than actually doing town things'
I don't like to self meta but since you brought it up here it goes

I ask a lot of questions to find a thought process error in what people say at different times. Someone is portraying they feel like this about something at some point, when asked in 3 different manners about it they say something that has a conflict with what they portrayed first = they were faking that initial though and they don't own it.

if you find a conflicting pattern of thought process you caught scum.

Whose reads are you accusing me of copying here exactly? I don't think anyone else was pushing you for vla (actually drixx wrote a line for that too that I remember) and not vla, or sorted the 3 way of dun FB freysel like me upon that skim?

so why dropping that I'm copying people read without actually saying who and what you think I'm copying to "look genuine"?

also it was a catch up so its pretty much copying what everyone else was saying/asking them questions about them and some raw ideas I had on top of my head while skimming it
I have to go to work in a minute, but two quick questions:

Can you give me an link or two of times you successfully found scum with this technique?
Can you give me an example or two of times you thought you caught scum with this technique, but were wrong?
well I don't play that much and I have a goldfish memory but you can see me playing like that in every one of my town games unless if I'm busy or something. I ask a lot, specially about what people meant. I throw fos if I think it'll help me get more info and I compare all info from same slot to see if its inconsistency with their own mindset or a town mindset or not.

this was my last town game I think

viewtopic.php?sid=&f=51&t=90328&user_select%5B%5D=36948

I'm kyoko in there and it has a bit of role playing but the essence of my play is similar. I caught biancospino with same analysis at the very start of game but like my initial scumread of Wednesday later in that game was wrong.

if you want more games you will have to go for like 2 years or more back xd
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:51 am

Post by Black »

In post 501, Klick wrote: I can attest to having the described scum mindset often as town fwiw
It comes more from a place of feeling like I'll be ignored if I don't present my most pressing thoughts appropriately/just trying to find the most effective time and means of saying what I want to say
I want to chime in and say I share this anxiety too, but mine actually does come from not wanting to seem scummy. Yes, town worries about seeming scummy too and idk where the perception comes from that they don't
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:52 am

Post by Black »

I think Shea is being a little unfair to PB in that exchange but I'm also a little sus of PB so I like the pressure
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:53 am

Post by Black »

Will be catching up on other stuff when I get to work
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:58 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

Yeah I wanna do this now actually

VOTE: DragonEater70
In post 494, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 480, DragonEater70 wrote: So I am actually going to say Klick is a townlean of mine (and I was also convinced by their case that FA is scummy here).
Why was klick scum leaning me? explain their "case" in your own words please
I really want this btw, when you're back. 100% serious
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:38 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 506, Black wrote:
In post 501, Klick wrote: I can attest to having the described scum mindset often as town fwiw
I want to chime in and say I share this anxiety too, but mine actually does come from not wanting to seem scummy. Yes, town worries about seeming scummy too and idk where the perception comes from that they don't
I feel way more comfortable as scum than as town when being pressured, but I'd say that Klick nailed what I feel this time.

After all, this is Team Mafia. I have a team to represent.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:27 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 501, Klick wrote:

I can attest to having the described scum mindset often as town fwiw
Do you think you have this mindset early game because it doesn't really jive with what I've seen you doing in this game so far? Like I see you just throwing out thoughts like "x is town!" as you go as a way of being present and to me that is what I expect town to be doing in the extreme early game.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:29 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 504, kuribo wrote:
In post 483, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 381, kuribo wrote: Ugh god I really don't like dragon's response there

vote: Dragon

Not to reiterate the things that Shea just said, but I do agree with him on this. You never once questioned four people calling you town seemingly with no good reason. And then calling yourself limbait, ehhhhhhh

Just feels like a way to preliminary poo-poo a wagon on you
Read my completed games - I've been called limbait several times on D1, different games.
Other people calling you limbait is not mutually exclusive to you using that as an excuse for your actions / an attempt to minimize any votes against you.

And for that matter, only after being repeatedly called out for it have you finally decided to analyze the people who were calling you town at an extremely early point in the game.
I kinda liked that reaction from dragon tbh. It felt idk pretty genuine to like see my post not as an attack but rather as a suggestion and start down the path of looking through klicks posts.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:30 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 503, BlueSnakelet wrote:
I do have vibe reads tho
I do have vibe reads tho
In post 468, Pink Ball wrote: If I share them with how little time I've got to post it would be the same as not sharing them at all. It would look like a readlist rather than my actual thoughts.
In post 471, Pink Ball wrote: Game started 30 hours ago. I was away of home without my computer. Arrived today at noon, daddy Pink Ball responsabilities until the baby went to sleep, my wife arrived from BsAs so hubby Pink Ball responsabilities and now I'm doing a presentation for work tomorrow.

So do you want a readlist or my actual thoughts? I can give you the former, the latter will have to wait.

In post 474, Pink Ball wrote: I have examples of games where I actually want to be active and have time to be part of the game. Throwing a readlist is not part of that

I strongly dislike Thestatusquo's throughout this whole interaction. It felt like he wanted to leave this interaction with a scumread from the start. @Thestatusquo, are you usually this impatient as town?

END
In the early game yes. I'm going to poke and attack and shake the tree and see what falls out.

In this case I didn't like what fell out. Contrast that with dragon who I felt I had a very similar interaction with and in fact did like what fell out.

Or titus.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:35 am

Post by Titus »

I am feeling rather ill today. Don't expect much.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
BlueSnakelet
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/It

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:59 am

Post by BlueSnakelet »

In post 513, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 503, BlueSnakelet wrote:
I do have vibe reads tho
I do have vibe reads tho

END
In the early game yes. I'm going to poke and attack and shake the tree and see what falls out.

In this case I didn't like what fell out. Contrast that with dragon who I felt I had a very similar interaction with and in fact did like what fell out.

Or titus.
And, specifically, the thing you didn't like is Pink Ball holding on to his thoughts?

How strong is your Pink Ball scumread?
Let he who is with sin, and loves it, cast the final stone.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:04 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 485, Frozen Angel wrote: So why did you not like him stating he hated not ranging mafia if you think it's truthful?
Firebringer is known for his trolling. When I saw that, my thought was pretty much "Ugh, is he actually scum and trolling us right now?" I did not actually know he liked playing as scum, only that he was capable of being bold when he was.

I did go back for another look, and on second reading it does not seem like taunting the town. Saying he did not get the role he wanted was more an offhand remark while talking about his role play, and he did not come out and say he was unhappy about not being scum until Dunnstral confronted him about it.
In post 485, Frozen Angel wrote: Do you usually mech spec and try to break setups right at start of games?
Just to be clear, you're asking me to provide meta on myself? One of the first lessons I learned on this site is that self-meta is fraught with peril. I have never lied about it, but have still gotten in trouble for it, because meta is often a matter of opinion and subjective.

With that out of the way, the short answer is I don't know. I have done something like that before, maybe at the start or later in game, but I don't remember all my games and I can't say how common it is. I also don't think it is worth delving deep into years old meta, so I'm just going to point you to three posts in three games as three alignments which I think are relevant, and give you a little context. Make of that what you will.

Spoiler: Self meta, aka rambling about the good old days

I was a serial killer with a special win condition. Early in the game I had spoken of the need to organize the town, because I think everyone had damaging abilities, and I expected it to become a town-on-town bloodbath. It got so bad that third parties outnumbered the town. This was the post where I claimed, and offered to remove myself from the game by name-claiming, using a punishing game mechanic to my benefit. Ultimately I lived, because everyone left except the town had achieved their win conditions, and the mod did not want to drag it out.

I started this by trying to bait people to talk about flavor, hoping to spot townslips. It was a major blunder. Later I figured out that we were actually playing assassin in the palace rather than regular mafia. I was a guard who did not know the identity of the king, and even some guards who were informed had not realized what the setup was. That remained my only achievement in game, though we did win.

I played this as an alt, and was scum. In this game power roles were divided in two pieces, with sensors and emitters needing receivers to target them. There was discussion about how we should play this, and I participated in that, offering my suggestions and calling out bad logic. I got executed, but ultimately Lady Lambdadelta carried the scum team to victory.

In post 489, Frozen Angel wrote: Like I can't be the only one who thinks that doesn't look like a genuine thought process. Why would they start mech specing assuming scum doesn't have fake claim and setup is breakable as town?
You want to know? I'll tell you why.
In post 1, T-Bone wrote: At Dawn, members of the town will receive their Amnesiac Role. There are a number of roles in rotation that will be randomly distributed each Dawn Phase. That means that even dead players will be assigned Amnesiac Roles at Dawn. (Though they will not be PMed, since they are dead) The Mafia Team will be assigned Amnesiac Roles in the same random manner, though the roles will not be granted to them.
In this game, scum do not have fake claims. They get real roles assigned to them from the same pool as town every morning. It says here that the roles are not granted to them though, and that left it ambiguous in my mind whether they would even be told what they were. I could just about imagine a game where scum would need to keep track of which roles town had claimed during previous days, maybe even making up a fake claim and pretending it had been assigned to a dead player on the days they did not claim it themselves. Getting ahead of that might have been beneficial, but as already stated, it does not work.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:11 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

at the risk of getting too far into the weeds theory wise I see day one in a game of mafia as mainly a struggle against noise.

We are incredibly unlikely to actually lim scum on day 1. The reason for this is day 1s are filled with a large amount of noise. They're what I would call a low information state both because we don't have any associates to go off of but also because people are more random and tend to post noise, especially at the early stages of the game.

I therefore see my role at the beginning of the game to be to try to transition away from noise and get people posting signal as quickly as possible. I try to accomplish this by attacking small things as much as possible and then those small things become bigger things which force people to take stances and say what they think. So I would say it is generally an accurate description of my town game that I am extremely aggressive in the early game attempting to force interaction and stances and decrease the overall noise in the thread this way. Of course I know this about myself and so I am therefore trying to replicate this approach as scum as well, but your job is to figure out whether I'm genuine or not in what I'm doing and I think the way to do that is to look at the conclusions I'm coming to, which is why I brought up dragon and titus.

A corollary to that is that one of the things I look for in the early game is players who I think are trying to hide in the noise and not contributing to increasing the games signal. Pink Ball's posts are exactly that "I have some reads but I can't show them to you yet" is noise. It doesn't provide any useful information. It does not help me read pink ball either individually or as a component of a team. I am attacking that and seeing what it leads to. If pink ball ends up showing a thought process and contributing to the signal, I will likely move on. If pink ball doesn't and provides lackluster analysis or continues to just hand wave contributing to the thread I will probably keep my fangs out.

I wrote an article roughly 10 million years ago about this that you can read if you want. It's incredibly cringe since I was like 20 or something like that.

viewtopic.php?t=13710
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:17 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 516, Feysal wrote:
In post 485, Frozen Angel wrote: So why did you not like him stating he hated not ranging mafia if you think it's truthful?
Firebringer is known for his trolling. When I saw that, my thought was pretty much "Ugh, is he actually scum and trolling us right now?" I did not actually know he liked playing as scum, only that he was capable of being bold when he was.

I did go back for another look, and on second reading it does not seem like taunting the town. Saying he did not get the role he wanted was more an offhand remark while talking about his role play, and he did not come out and say he was unhappy about not being scum until Dunnstral confronted him about it.
In post 485, Frozen Angel wrote: Do you usually mech spec and try to break setups right at start of games?
Just to be clear, you're asking me to provide meta on myself? One of the first lessons I learned on this site is that self-meta is fraught with peril. I have never lied about it, but have still gotten in trouble for it, because meta is often a matter of opinion and subjective.

With that out of the way, the short answer is I don't know. I have done something like that before, maybe at the start or later in game, but I don't remember all my games and I can't say how common it is. I also don't think it is worth delving deep into years old meta, so I'm just going to point you to three posts in three games as three alignments which I think are relevant, and give you a little context. Make of that what you will.

Spoiler: Self meta, aka rambling about the good old days

I was a serial killer with a special win condition. Early in the game I had spoken of the need to organize the town, because I think everyone had damaging abilities, and I expected it to become a town-on-town bloodbath. It got so bad that third parties outnumbered the town. This was the post where I claimed, and offered to remove myself from the game by name-claiming, using a punishing game mechanic to my benefit. Ultimately I lived, because everyone left except the town had achieved their win conditions, and the mod did not want to drag it out.

I started this by trying to bait people to talk about flavor, hoping to spot townslips. It was a major blunder. Later I figured out that we were actually playing assassin in the palace rather than regular mafia. I was a guard who did not know the identity of the king, and even some guards who were informed had not realized what the setup was. That remained my only achievement in game, though we did win.

I played this as an alt, and was scum. In this game power roles were divided in two pieces, with sensors and emitters needing receivers to target them. There was discussion about how we should play this, and I participated in that, offering my suggestions and calling out bad logic. I got executed, but ultimately Lady Lambdadelta carried the scum team to victory.

In post 489, Frozen Angel wrote: Like I can't be the only one who thinks that doesn't look like a genuine thought process. Why would they start mech specing assuming scum doesn't have fake claim and setup is breakable as town?
You want to know? I'll tell you why.
In post 1, T-Bone wrote: At Dawn, members of the town will receive their Amnesiac Role. There are a number of roles in rotation that will be randomly distributed each Dawn Phase. That means that even dead players will be assigned Amnesiac Roles at Dawn. (Though they will not be PMed, since they are dead) The Mafia Team will be assigned Amnesiac Roles in the same random manner, though the roles will not be granted to them.
In this game, scum do not have fake claims. They get real roles assigned to them from the same pool as town every morning. It says here that the roles are not granted to them though, and that left it ambiguous in my mind whether they would even be told what they were. I could just about imagine a game where scum would need to keep track of which roles town had claimed during previous days, maybe even making up a fake claim and pretending it had been assigned to a dead player on the days they did not claim it themselves. Getting ahead of that might have been beneficial, but as already stated, it does not work.
Firebringer spent all of the last game we played together trying to get me to scum read him and telling me that he won the game if I scum read him.

He was town. I think trolling in NAI for firebringer. He's definitely capable of doing it as scum though.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:30 am

Post by Black »

In post 425, Titus wrote: Reads. Solid positions, like the last few times I have asked.
Why are my reads not good enough? If it's because the positions aren't solid enough then you're going to have to deal with it because I'm rarely going to be confident enough in my reads to take solid stances in the first 24 hours of a game. If it's because you don't agree with the reads then we can discuss why and figure out where the disconnect is

Here are my most solid positions even though I wouldn't trust myself standing on these:

Dunn is probably my top TR. Originally I was a little skeptical of his entrance but I think his responses to pressure have been really good
Fey was also someone I was unsure about early because the way they danced around the massclaim and the slight overreaction to FB voting for Dunn. However I think Fey vs. FB looks a little TvT looking back over it and I lean town on them
Which means I also lean town on FB
I think Dragon has been pretty townie too. Add my name to the list
I liked FA's entrance and her thoughts felt like they were coming from a genuine solvey place, however I started to doubt that after reading some of what Klick put down about her. Klick has a couple of good points about why he thinks FA is scummy here even if they aren't very strong. Like they seem like things that would make Klick sus of FA but not necessarily things that could get others onboard. FA's whole reaction to the Klick push was to discredit it and then jump on Dragon for following it and I feel like this could be interpreted as her going for an easier target
I lean town with Klick. I think his posting always gives me town vibes though so I'm cautious here
I'm not sure how I feel about Shea or Titus
I need to read over kuribo, GiF, and Drixx because I can't recall anything off the top of my head about these slots
I think Pink Ball and Blue are the two players that are the scummiest to me atm. These are weak reads but I don't like what I've seen from them so far
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:39 am

Post by Black »

In post 516, Feysal wrote: Firebringer is known for his trolling. When I saw that, my thought was pretty much "Ugh, is he actually scum and trolling us right now?" I did not actually know he liked playing as scum, only that he was capable of being bold when he was.
I had very similar thoughts at the beginning of Hollow Knight. It was my first game playing with FB and he claimed scum at the beginning. I thought he was doing it for the epic postgame bragging rights if he ended up winning but nope, he was just that bold as Town
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:44 am

Post by Black »

In post 500, Klick wrote: Bella has you as her strongest townread
Would it be weird to ask Bella to explain this read? I just did a quick ISO and I'm not seeing it
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:47 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

FAs takes all feel...uh. Bad. Extremely bad.

If someone who is sus of dragoneater could tell me why they think the interaction with me was more likely to come from scum I'd appreciate it. FA and Kuribo both expressed this view I think.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:47 am

Post by Black »

In post 426, BlueSnakelet wrote:
In post 358, Black wrote: I want more from Pink Ball and Blue

PB seems like they are saying stuff without saying anything, and Blue's reaction to Dunn in feels a bit defensive. I'm not a fan of him interpreting Dunn's as a scumread when all Dunn says is Blue seems awkward and he's not sure where Blue is coming from

VOTE: Blue aka the inferior color
Dunnstral said in , which I also quoted, that they thought I was Mafia citing .

(Of course, this was before they recanted the scumread in
I think I somehow overlooked this. I didn't see #198 so that's my bad. With that in mind your post feels less like an overreaction tbh
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:48 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 519, Black wrote:
In post 425, Titus wrote: Reads. Solid positions, like the last few times I have asked.
Why are my reads not good enough? If it's because the positions aren't solid enough then you're going to have to deal with it because I'm rarely going to be confident enough in my reads to take solid stances in the first 24 hours of a game. If it's because you don't agree with the reads then we can discuss why and figure out where the disconnect is

Here are my most solid positions even though I wouldn't trust myself standing on these:

Dunn is probably my top TR. Originally I was a little skeptical of his entrance but I think his responses to pressure have been really good
Fey was also someone I was unsure about early because the way they danced around the massclaim and the slight overreaction to FB voting for Dunn. However I think Fey vs. FB looks a little TvT looking back over it and I lean town on them
Which means I also lean town on FB
I think Dragon has been pretty townie too. Add my name to the list
I liked FA's entrance and her thoughts felt like they were coming from a genuine solvey place, however I started to doubt that after reading some of what Klick put down about her. Klick has a couple of good points about why he thinks FA is scummy here even if they aren't very strong. Like they seem like things that would make Klick sus of FA but not necessarily things that could get others onboard. FA's whole reaction to the Klick push was to discredit it and then jump on Dragon for following it and I feel like this could be interpreted as her going for an easier target
I lean town with Klick. I think his posting always gives me town vibes though so I'm cautious here
I'm not sure how I feel about Shea or Titus
I need to read over kuribo, GiF, and Drixx because I can't recall anything off the top of my head about these slots
I think Pink Ball and Blue are the two players that are the scummiest to me atm. These are weak reads but I don't like what I've seen from them so far
Gun to your head is me v blue snakelet svs tvs or tvt

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”