Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #5075 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:14 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 5071, Nero Cain wrote:I never pushed Matt.
Liar
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5076 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Quote the post where I called Matt scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #5077 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:38 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 5074, Cabd wrote:
In post 5073, pirate mollie wrote:can some1 explain all aspects of the traitor role to me?
It varies in each game but in this case:

Scumteam knows there's a traitor but not who it is. To recruit hm, they have to attempt to night kill him.
Traitor knows the entire scumteam, and wins with the scum. If the team never finds him and he's alone, he inherits the night kill.
okay, but wrt parity, doesn't the traitor count towards town until recruited and only then counts towards scum?
whew!
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #5078 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 984, Sugar Cain wrote:yea...thinking about it more....I mean what he's doing on the surface is anti-town as fuck, It could be something planned..idk....Matt P screams and yells at Brains for being scum and then he thinks they are town....I think if one flips scum I'd be pretty tempted to lynch the other.
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5079 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

huh. I had forgot that but I remember having a town read on him.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5080 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

huh. I had forgot that but I remember having a town read on him.

Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #5081 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:57 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 5077, pirate mollie wrote:okay, but wrt parity, doesn't the traitor count towards town until recruited and only then counts towards scum?
not here, no. this isn't TR
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #5082 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:09 pm

Post by Cabd »

Traitor counts as scum and has a scum wincon
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5083 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:13 pm

Post by Keybladewielder »

You people couldn't even wait for me to say one thing before you lynched us? My God.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #5084 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:28 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 5081, Ms Marangal wrote:
In post 5077, pirate mollie wrote:okay, but wrt parity, doesn't the traitor count towards town until recruited and only then counts towards scum?
not here, no. this isn't TR
really? cos this post could come from tr.

I was asking a question cos the dynamics threw me. I was asking a question because I did not know I guess it is super awsum to point out that I did not know because I wouldn't know but yet that is why i was asking the question in the first place? :scratcheshead:
whew!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5085 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:05 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 5083, Keybladewielder wrote:You people couldn't even wait for me to say one thing before you lynched us? My God.
Complain to the scum! They're the ones that strung you up... probably out of FEAR!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5086 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:06 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 5073, pirate mollie wrote:our wb and spreadsheet cracked me up.
Inorite

And you were hilarious in the game, too.

<3
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5087 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

get a room you two.

ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5088 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:46 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 5083, Keybladewielder wrote:You people couldn't even wait for me to say one thing before you lynched us? My God.
I maintain that your's was the best lynch of the game
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5089 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:47 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 5070, Ms Marangal wrote:
In post 5048, Desperado wrote:Most definitely. I've never seen a town come together that quickly and that accurately. It's not really surprising that Thor was the only infiltrator of that D1 town block.
I do think D1 was integral in setting town down the right path, but I don't think this statement is accurate. We did have a decent town-block this game, but there was alot of infighting among it and I didn't think that it would have ever stop. Nero Pushed matty (even when I told him not too), DBG pushed Matty, Matty pushed our slot as well as fought with DBG IIRC and somewhere down the line, Borkie and I had started fighting with each other.

there was also the fact that, townies outside the block refused to join the block and even tried to come up with reasons to disband the block so I don't think town was that incredibly tight knit this game.
I said it at the time, but it doesn't really matter if individual people within the town block bicker with one another. We never lynched any of them, did we?

By the end of D1 Sangres and I had developed a town block that went 9/10 and set the stage for a scum lynch the following day. After D1 there were 11 players (RC, Amrun, Desperado, Aj, NBH, Toog, AD, Sangres, Matt, Thor, Sugar) who straight up were not going to get lynched in this game. Only 1 of them was scum. I stand by what I said.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #5090 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:51 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 5058, Cabd wrote:And "X-shot SK" made me spit out my soda on the spot.
I've been an X-Shot SK.
On this site.
:shrug:
Besides, people were buying, it would have worked too if TiP hadn't voted someone he said was a town clear.
In post 5059, DrippingGoofball wrote:Good shot OGML - we sent the zombies on Thor for the second night. I guess you got there first.
:facepalm:
Not really.
Hint: I never hid, ever.
In post 5069, Ms Marangal wrote:WHO SAID THOR WAS SCUM
Lots of people?
In post 5085, DrippingGoofball wrote:Complain to the scum! They're the ones that strung you up... probably out of FEAR!
Indeed :twisted:
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5091 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:28 pm

Post by mastin2 »

The quicktopic.

Where you get to see that while my dayplay was lacking, my nightplay was a little bit better. Aside from Trust Fund, everyone I chose to kill was a town PR. I also had a fair grasp of how people were interacting with one another. People keep on saying that TIP's cop claim was good--but it's really what cost us the game. I was getting lynched eventually; I knew that. But I wasn't getting lynched
that
day. For instance, say, a Metal Sonic mislynch. That'd not only get the scum closer to winning, but also give me a small morsel of desperately-needed towncred via my defense of them.

My plan was, more or less--get Metal Sonic lynched, nightkill either Desperado or ActionDan (blocking OGML). (ActionDan was who I was leaning towards. Though, I think I also considered PeregrineV.) Get Titus or TIP mislynched. And then, see who was paranoid of who--and weave that together. Depending on the circumstances surrounding NBH and Ank, one of them could be a good nightkill, or not if they were still at each others' throats. Basically, the idea was to get the town's paranoia built up to a breaking point and let themselves destroy it. (Admit it, there were more town paranoid about town than there were town thinking scum were scum for the majority of the later days. :P If the guy who is actually a MANIPULATOR was alive to exploit it, it would have been played up and magnified. I might not be don corelone levels of magnificent, but I am much, MUCH better at sowing the seeds of destruction than people give me credit for.)

TIP ruined that by uniting them. I knew my chances weren't great, but I had a plan to get us much, MUCH closer to endgame and allow Thor to carry our scumteam. (I didn't even bother with the traitor, figuring they'd either get lynched or nightkilled eventually. Thor, though...Thor might have been in the bottom of everyone's town lists, but with me destroying their town lists anyway via paranoia, his natural strength as a player would put him in a much better position. I knew Thor to be scum, and I
still
was reading his posts as town. :P) Rather than lolBUSWITHPOORLYEXECUTEDCLAIM.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5092 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:30 pm

Post by TheIrishPope »

In post 5056, RedCoyote wrote:Also, TIP, has this game made you a scumputer believer?
Scumputer is pretty overpowered if you ask me

Ven, thanks for modding
Mastin, I'm sorry I bussed you so fucking hard, it probably is true that I should have left myself get lynched
Thor, we shouldn't have killed Sangres :facepalm: I knew I hadn't read wrong

So, about my cop play, if I had faked a town report on someone other than Sugar, I would have probably survived
Damn you Pere

Mafia was doomed the minute I replaced in, sorry
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5093 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:31 pm

Post by Keybladewielder »

Next time let me say something first

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #5094 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:35 pm

Post by Cabd »

Whoever was the player posting #66, you are a genius. I'll tell you that.

"Kill": Trust Fund.

We have our mafia traitor. 66 is about as blatant as you can get. It's not the only post in Trust Fund's iso, either, which suggests as much, but it's Trust Fund's first (and therefore most important) post. If for some reason, Trust Fund WEREN'T our traitor, that would be the largest coincidence of all time. :P
Lol'd
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #5095 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:47 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 5092, TheIrishPope wrote:Thor, we shouldn't have killed Sangres :facepalm: I knew I hadn't read wrong
We did fine killing Sangres.
The only better option would have been to kill OGML that night.
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5096 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:48 pm

Post by TheIrishPope »

Except for the fact that it confirmed OGML and it was a matter of Town deciding who was lying between me and him
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5097 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:33 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I'm more amazed that you guys missed TiP's obvious crumbs once he replaced in. He more or less called Thor a Jailkeeper and Mastin a Herder straight up.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5098 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:42 pm

Post by waynegg »

Yay! My Reads were awesome til I was forced out! GJ Titus!
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5099 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:42 pm

Post by waynegg »

And the rest of the town!
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”