NG 1479: Somebody's Gonna Die! (OVER!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Matti
Matti
Townie
Matti
Townie
Townie

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:26 am

Post by Matti »

Warning wall of text folks :)

Spoiler:
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote:Okay, so my 2 cents on Matti-
1) You talk. And you talk. And talk some more.
There is oh yeah, yeah, and some little stuff here and there,
but most of your posts(before your interactions with me),
actually all of you posts are mostly fluff.
Is it most of my posts have a little bit of stuff in them or all of my posts are mostly fluff?
By which you are effectively saying the same thing twice. Point being you are overemphasising your views.
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: Nothing at all can be gained from them, but they are decent in size.
Contrast this with post 419 where you are actually getting a "metric crapton" of info out of me. So something CAN be gained from them? Just not something positive?

I can see you have a view I'm scum, fine, but you seem to let it colour your entire view.
"Nothing at all can be gained from them" It's just not true is it. Do you really believe that there is nothing of any use in any of my posts?

post 519 - "some little stuff here and there"

Actually look - you do think there is "some little stuff" in them. But maybe I'm taking that out of context - "all of you posts are mostly fluff" if they are MOSTLY fluff then the remainder must be non-fluff which I'd say is of more use than "Nothing at all can be gained from them" which i'd assume to be ALL fluff.

Ok so it's a little childish to reply like this, sorry, but I'm pointing out that you have tainted or biased the language in your posts to suit your end which is to lynch me. I'm comfortable being the lynch based on reason and others understanding your position but this emotive language doesn't seem like town play. It smells like scum pushing for a lynch.
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: 2) Your interactions with me have a good amount of bull shit in them.
I would counter with your recent posts about me have a significant amount of bias in them and seem scummier because of it.

I don't feel there is any bull shit in my interactions with you that I won't have addressed in this post - point them out to me and I'll deal with them if I can - if not and I'm just lying to get you lynched - you got me - do the work and earn the lynch.
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: There isn't scum hunting or town hunting, there is just ebing around and looking productive.
"I'm not clear what your definition of scum-hunting or town-hunting is. Please explain [1] and I will either accept that
a) I wasn't doing those activities or
b) show you how I was.

It feels like you've simply made another provocative statement you can't back up but I'm more than willing to get into a discussion on this as it'll help me pick up more info on scum-hunting.
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: a) There was no HITD band wagon.
"You are right - there wasn't and I made a linguistic error in referring to it as such. There was only one vote cast on him at the time, and no other votes.

You DID vote HITD straight away with limited explanation which I found frustrating as a new player. You also joined the only existing vote - I'm led to understand that scum is found in the middle of voting patterns but I'm not 100% sure of how sound that is."

In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: b) He asks me to take out all the bad stuff about HITD then tell him what I think about HITD.
That is flat out wrong.

That is not how you play this game.

If someone had a huge scum slip, you wouldn't just ignore it.
Looking at that element -
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: "b) He asks me to take out all the bad stuff about HITD then tell him what I think about HITD.
Actually I asked you to take out the bad explanations and consider rest of of his play - I named scumhunting and interaction with other players particularly.

I'm using a filter to cut out one element of a player's play and considering the others seperately to see if they feel as scummy. "
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: "That is flat out wrong. "
Well now you are just making statements telling me how to play mafia. I guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth though - if my method which I'd arrived at a whole two days earlier meets with such disapproval from you, what is "right"?
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: "That is not how you play this game."
That is not very helpful. Ok, I'm learning here bear with me - it's a newbie game - so I made some unforeseen mistake that has clearly annoyed you - care to give me any tips on how to play the game?
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: "If someone had a huge scum slip, you wouldn't just ignore it. "
Correct - If I felt I'd spotted a scumslip or something very obviously scummy I'd post about it. In fact I did. I thought your slot looked scummy. I may be wrong, but I think I'm right so I posted.
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: "If a confirmed seer got a guilt on someone, you wouldn't just ignore it. "
If you knew they were a town cop then I definately agree with you. What if you weren't sure if they were town? Would you 100% believe someone calling a guilt read then? I'm looking at HiddenInTheDark saying this bit looks scummy - do the other bits also look scummy? I'm not throwing out scummy parts. I'm covering one eye to see if I can read things differently - I still use both eyes when making a final decision.

In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: "And then Matti proceeds to agree with me that you can't separate a player from his posts. WHAT THE FUCK."
At no point do I ask you to separate the player from the posts.

Posts are all we have to consider a view on a player. I was asking you to take each element of his play that I outlined and consider them individually and independant of what you seem to think is a scum-tell way of playing in 389 - a tool I thought possibly useful to prevent a newb town making one mistake and being mislynched.

In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: 3) As far as I can tell, in his 409, he thinks I'm tunneling HITD. I asked him one question. I'm tunneling on Matti more than HITD, and I'm not even tunneling!
I did not mean to imply you were tunnelling - it was directed to VictorDeAngelo - it was a poorly worded post. The comments were to everyone so I feel it's clear that the (you) in question wasn't HighShroomish.
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: 4) This should sum up another part of his 409 decently as well-
You memory better be perfect as hell or you are definitely scum.
I'm sorry this doesn't make sense to me - please expand on it. In particular explain how my memory has anything to do with me being scum. If I remember or forget something how does that make me scum?
Again you are using very emotive language to push your point home - town players with a solid point will surely win out and won't need to resort to this kind of play?
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: "And then poof. He just disappears. "
Yes I did not post for 3 days. Not sure if that is defined as disappearing - you didn't seem bothered until now - But there wasn't a poof.

Having had my ideas heavily critiqued for the first time in this forum I found I had a bit of a glass jaw.
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: "Then he comes back with the same thing he was doing when he first came in. He just talks. He's not actually doing anything. "
I'm genuinely struggling to see what more I can do, I'm posting, you say it yourself "he talks" but you don't think I'm doing anything. What in the name of all that is yellow and rubbery can I do to do more?
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: "He couldn't get votes on me, and he gave up. "
Not true - I wasn't posting for 3 days. That isn't giving up is it? I'm still here and playing, and posting, and my vote was and still is on you. After I reviewed you still seemed the scummiest player.
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: "After only 4 posts of interaction and trying to paint me as scum."
I'm not trying to paint you as scum and I feel this is key to the way we both look at this game.
I feel you are scum for the reasons stated - often not stated very well - by me.
My aim is to put my reasoning out there and see if others agree - if so we can move towards a lynch and more info.
If not then if I am persuaded by other player's reasons for their scumspects then I'll change my vote and aim to proceed that way.

Where I feel you are aiming is by force of character and language to make people think you are so certain you can't be wrong. You've been super-certain in this way 3 times - HiddenInTheDark, goodmorning, and me - we can't all be scum - fact. Strong language, no matter how many swear words you put in it, doesn't make your case any stronger. My point being that by using such strong language I think your case actually looks weaker. Good cases don't need strong language.

In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: "And he goes with the flow, except that he isn't changing his read on me"
So exactly how am I going with the flow? By being the only player voting for you? By making you be the only player voting for me? This sentence makes no sense to me - could you please explain [2] it further?
You are spot on about me not posting for 3 days but some of your points seem contradictory I'm going with the flow, except....Doesn't work for me - but I'm biased.
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: ", which he could hardly do now without drawing suspicion. "
I totally disagree. I think you can change reads anytime based on posts and interactions.
Simply swapping votes with little to no reason would DEFINATELY draw suspicion. I'm not swapping MY vote.

HighShroomish - Interaction, this is great. And what I've wanted with you from the start. This is more interaction than I felt you've given all game. For me the more the interaction the more town - but what do I know.

I feel that you joined the game and then immediately joined the only existing vote on a player with limited explanation.

You responded to initial questions from me with a joke response and a refusal to offer information on your own slot. This got me OMGUSing you - gotta be fair and state that.

You cite HiddenInTheDarks playstyle as a newb scum tell from another game. I ask you to provide backup which you don't.

I'm asking for some evidence which could bring me on board with your scum read that is within your power to present and you are choosing not to.

So I guess you are just lazy or feel you don't need to convince me of your case and get my vote - ok.

"And I reccommend you don't doubt my memory. I don't take notes for a reason." you say in 419

What - you're telling me to just believe you when you say you remember another game where, for instance, someone played like me so I must be scum - don't you dare doubt my memory! I think this game you are supposed to doubt things - it's you that brought your memory into this.

What does you taking notes, or not, have to do with HiddenInTheDark being scum? - Nothing.

What does this have to do with you having a convincing scum read without presenting the damning evidence you talked about? - Everything

You followed VictorDeAngelo in voting on HiddenInTheDark at the start - I think this is HighShroomish looking for an easy vote.

You put nothing out about any player unless responding to questions - this doesn't seem pro town to me but could be playstyle I guess.

You seem convinced HiddenInTheDark is scum following VictorDeAngelo's vote - then echo jon_h61's thinking on goodmorning and move your vote there from HiddenInTheDark. I'd assume therefore that they are scum partners because nobody has refuted the case (unproven despite evidence available and asked for) about HiddenInTheDark. Or is goodmorning the easier lynch now?

442 - You have one scum read on jon_h61 or goodmorning from the townclears on you. The two players who have been interacting the most and there was a high likelihood of today's lynch coming from that pair. Setting yourself up for the easy vote again in my view.

Then we have 3 posts in 40 minutes - after jon_h61 highlights that we are near to deadline and you haven't produced anything from this crap-ton of info you've been getting yet we get:-

The theatrical setup of 517 and 518 lead through to your thoughts on me in 519 that I addressed above - the other players can read them and decide.

The summary is -
Post 519 contained emotional language, some misunderstandings from you, some scratching around from you, some points I completely agree with, and some points I'd like further explained.

You've found a player in me who's clearly not town read you before - and who has not posted for 3 days - and convinced yourself I'm scum. I think if you believed you had a solid case you wouldn't need all the theatre and pointed language to be clear about how I've slipped if I was scum.

I'm going to allow myself a little licence here and be glad that you've done independant work and actually found a player nobody else thought was scum and pushed a move on them - oh but wait no, you just followed on the coat tails of VictorDeAngelo (513), again, and took the hint from jon_h61 in 498.

I credit you with seeing how the wind blows very well but I think you are playing the game of going with the wind rather than thinking for yourself.

Now if you can remove my OMGUS of HighShroomish which I freely admit is an element here - then I still feel he has scum elements - I'd like to know what you all think.

My vote stays - convince me it should be elsewhere I don't think HiddenInTheDark is scum.
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by HighShroomish »

If you thought Matti's was big, well, be prepared...
In post 525, Matti wrote:Warning wall of text folks :)
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote:Okay, so my 2 cents on Matti-
1) You talk. And you talk. And talk some more.
There is oh yeah, yeah, and some little stuff here and there,
but most of your posts(before your interactions with me),
actually all of you posts are mostly fluff.
Is it most of my posts have a little bit of stuff in them or all of my posts are mostly fluff?
By which you are effectively saying the same thing twice. Point being you are overemphasising your views.
The posts "before your interactions with me" are mostly fluff. No need for cherry picking this stuff now.
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: Nothing at all can be gained from them, but they are decent in size.
Contrast this with post 419 where you are actually getting a "metric crapton" of info out of me. So something CAN be gained from them? Just not something positive?

I can see you have a view I'm scum, fine, but you seem to let it colour your entire view.
"Nothing at all can be gained from them" It's just not true is it. Do you really believe that there is nothing of any use in any of my posts?
Did you not read the part about "before your interactions with me"? And if I have a view you're scum, I'm gonna look at you like you're scum, unless I REALLY want you to be town for some reason. Again. "before your interactions with me" is a key phrase in this.

Actually look - you do think there is "some little stuff" in them. But maybe I'm taking that out of context - "all of you posts are mostly fluff" if they are MOSTLY fluff then the remainder must be non-fluff which I'd say is of more use than "Nothing at all can be gained from them" which i'd assume to be ALL fluff.
Yes, you ARE taking this stuff out of context. There is so little substance that nothing can be gained from it, and when I say gained, I mean you, Matti, can't actually be getting something from it.
Ok so it's a little childish to reply like this, sorry, but I'm pointing out that you have tainted or biased the language in your posts to suit your end which is to lynch me. I'm comfortable being the lynch based on reason and others understanding your position but this emotive language doesn't seem like town play. It smells like scum pushing for a lynch.
I don't want to make an in depth thesis about how it's just opinions that make those words "strong language" or "tainted" so I won't.
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: 2) Your interactions with me have a good amount of bull shit in them.
I would counter with your recent posts about me have a significant amount of bias in them and seem scummier because of it.

I don't feel there is any bull shit in my interactions with you that I won't have addressed in this post - point them out to me and I'll deal with them if I can - if not and I'm just lying to get you lynched - you got me - do the work and earn the lynch.
I think I explained fairly decently what the bull shit was. The only thing is you didn't quote it.
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: There isn't scum hunting or town hunting, there is just ebing around and looking productive.
"I'm not clear what your definition of scum-hunting or town-hunting is. Please explain [1] and I will either accept that
a) I wasn't doing those activities or
b) show you how I was.
This is where my post gets a bit confusing. This goes back up to the area of the posts before our interaction. It's fluff. Scum/town hunting is pulling reactions out of people and getting answers to questions, getting reads. You've just been picking them up as you've been going along.
It feels like you've simply made another provocative statement you can't back up but I'm more than willing to get into a discussion on this as it'll help me pick up more info on scum-hunting.
"You are right - there wasn't and I made a linguistic error in referring to it as such. There was only one vote cast on him at the time, and no other votes.

You DID vote HITD straight away with limited explanation which I found frustrating as a new player. You also joined the only existing vote - I'm led to understand that scum is found in the middle of voting patterns but I'm not 100% sure of how sound that is."
Now this is back at the part about the bs in his interactions with me. This is part is understandable.

[qupte]
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: b) He asks me to take out all the bad stuff about HITD then tell him what I think about HITD.
That is flat out wrong.

In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: "b) He asks me to take out all the bad stuff about HITD then tell him what I think about HITD.
Actually I asked you to take out the bad explanations and consider rest of of his play - I named scumhunting and interaction with other players particularly.

I'm using a filter to cut out one element of a player's play and considering the others seperately to see if they feel as scummy. "[/quote]
Again, you cannot separate a players bad play when considering his/her other posts. At least, I can't.
Well now you are just making statements telling me how to play mafia. I guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth though - if my method which I'd arrived at a whole two days earlier meets with such disapproval from you, what is "right"?
Okay, that was a rather harsh on my part. You can't create a read on someone if you exclude some of there posts. No matter if you take out the good or the bad. It will probably give you a wrong impression of that person. You have to take into calculation all their posts, as they all are part of their play.
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: "That is not how you play this game."
That is not very helpful. Ok, I'm learning here bear with me - it's a newbie game - so I made some unforeseen mistake that has clearly annoyed you - care to give me any tips on how to play the game?
Again, rather harsh on my part. Tip is above.
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: "If someone had a huge scum slip, you wouldn't just ignore it. "
Correct - If I felt I'd spotted a scumslip or something very obviously scummy I'd post about it. In fact I did. I thought your slot looked scummy. I may be wrong, but I think I'm right so I posted.
Exactly, so if someones play is making them look scummy, you can't ignore it.
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: "If a confirmed seer got a guilt on someone, you wouldn't just ignore it. "
If you knew they were a town cop then I definately agree with you. What if you weren't sure if they were town? Would you 100% believe someone calling a guilt read then? I'm looking at HiddenInTheDark saying this bit looks scummy - do the other bits also look scummy? I'm not throwing out scummy parts. I'm covering one eye to see if I can read things differently - I still use both eyes when making a final decision.
Say it's early game, D2, and they claim a guilty, and this is a game with 10+ plus people, so we would still have days left, unless it is some ridiculous gambit that scum put together, scum wouldn't risk getting their partner or themselves lynched that early. If you use both eyes when making the final decision, then is there a point to limiting your view in the first place?

In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: "And then Matti proceeds to agree with me that you can't separate a player from his posts. WHAT THE FUCK."
Uh, yeah you did...
Posts are all we have to consider a view on a player. I was asking you to take each element of his play that I outlined and consider them individually and independant of what you seem to think is a scum-tell way of playing in 389 - a tool I thought possibly useful to prevent a newb town making one mistake and being mislynched.
That's the thing, if they slip up to much, and you think they're scum, you're(a general you) going to lynch them eventually.
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: 3) As far as I can tell, in his 409, he thinks I'm tunneling HITD. I asked him one question. I'm tunneling on Matti more than HITD, and I'm not even tunneling!
I did not mean to imply you were tunnelling - it was directed to VictorDeAngelo - it was a poorly worded post. The comments were to everyone so I feel it's clear that the (you) in question wasn't HighShroomish.
Thanks for clearing that up.
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: 4) This should sum up another part of his 409 decently as well-
I'm sorry this doesn't make sense to me - please expand on it. In particular explain how my memory has anything to do with me being scum. If I remember or forget something how does that make me scum?
Again you are using very emotive language to push your point home - town players with a solid point will surely win out and won't need to resort to this kind of play?
That was a summary of what you said. You said that unless I could link to the exact game where I found this and highlight the exact player then you were "calling cobblers on the whole thing."
Yes I did not post for 3 days. Not sure if that is defined as disappearing - you didn't seem bothered until now - But there wasn't a poof.

Having had my ideas heavily critiqued for the first time in this forum I found I had a bit of a glass jaw.
Um, that's almost the dictionary definition of disappearing. You couldn't be found on the thread for three whole days.
There was a poof to me. It seemed we were in the middle of a wall war, and then you were gone. Just like that. And that jaw is going to need to get a bit stronger if you want to get into wall wars :wink:
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: "Then he comes back with the same thing he was doing when he first came in. He just talks. He's not actually doing anything. "
I'm genuinely struggling to see what more I can do, I'm posting, you say it yourself "he talks" but you don't think I'm doing anything. What in the name of all that is yellow and rubbery can I do to do more?
Work. Ask questions. [sarcasm]I don't like people who use my playstyle.[/sarcasm] Unless you really want to do what I'm doing.
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: "He couldn't get votes on me, and he gave up. "
Not true - I wasn't posting for 3 days. That isn't giving up is it? I'm still here and playing, and posting, and my vote was and still is on you. After I reviewed you still seemed the scummiest player.
But you stopped trying to get other people to lynch me. It is giving up to me.
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: "After only 4 posts of interaction and trying to paint me as scum."
I'm not trying to paint you as scum and I feel this is key to the way we both look at this game.
I feel you are scum for the reasons stated - often not stated very well - by me.
My aim is to put my reasoning out there and see if others agree - if so we can move towards a lynch and more info.
If not then if I am persuaded by other player's reasons for their scumspects then I'll change my vote and aim to proceed that way.
Okay.
Where I feel you are aiming is by force of character and language to make people think you are so certain you can't be wrong. You've been super-certain in this way 3 times - HiddenInTheDark, goodmorning, and me - we can't all be scum - fact. Strong language, no matter how many swear words you put in it, doesn't make your case any stronger. My point being that by using such strong language I think your case actually looks weaker. Good cases don't need strong language.
I'm struggling not to write a huge thesis to this already big post. Please don't tempt me. It would probably get me mod killed or force replaced.
I know you can't all three be scum. Doesn't mean I can't read you as scum.
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: "And he goes with the flow, except that he isn't changing his read on me"
So exactly how am I going with the flow? By being the only player voting for you? By making you be the only player voting for me? This sentence makes no sense to me - could you please explain [2] it further?
You are spot on about me not posting for 3 days but some of your points seem contradictory I'm going with the flow, except....Doesn't work for me - but I'm biased.
By having the same reads as most of the other players except for the fact that you are scum reading me.
In post 519, HighShroomish wrote: ", which he could hardly do now without drawing suspicion. "
I totally disagree. I think you can change reads anytime based on posts and interactions.
Simply swapping votes with little to no reason would DEFINATELY draw suspicion. I'm not swapping MY vote.
If you suddenly stopped voting me along with giving up on trying to get people to vote me, then that would most definitely draw some sort of suspicion.
HighShroomish - Interaction, this is great. And what I've wanted with you from the start. This is more interaction than I felt you've given all game. For me the more the interaction the more town - but what do I know.
What do any of us know? [This is about to look like some AtE, but it's not.] Nobody REALLY knows what goes through a scums head at the time they are posting except for them, and maybe someone like cabd(who I'm sure you will hear about if you haven't already).
I feel that you joined the game and then immediately joined the only existing vote on a player with limited explanation.

You responded to initial questions from me with a joke response and a refusal to offer information on your own slot. This got me OMGUSing you - gotta be fair and state that.
I was actually very serious in saying I was the most town as fuck GUY around here. And did I mention I said nothing about girl?(yes, I just did that) And that wasn't OMGUS. What I did with voting you was more OMGUS than what you did.
You cite HiddenInTheDarks playstyle as a newb scum tell from another game. I ask you to provide backup which you don't.

I'm asking for some evidence which could bring me on board with your scum read that is within your power to present and you are choosing not to.
I would not enjoy going through mafia games that would probably take a few months to get through, even for me. I would not be able to be active in this game or any other games if I did what you asked, which would not be fair to the overwhelming majority.
So I guess you are just lazy or feel you don't need to convince me of your case and get my vote - ok.

"And I reccommend you don't doubt my memory. I don't take notes for a reason." you say in 419

What - you're telling me to just believe you when you say you remember another game where, for instance, someone played like me so I must be scum - don't you dare doubt my memory! I think this game you are supposed to doubt things - it's you that brought your memory into this.
Yes, you are supposed to doubt me. And yes, I did bring my memory into this. But I can't remember everything.
What does you taking notes, or not, have to do with HiddenInTheDark being scum? - Nothing.
I wasn't saying it had anything to do with it. Just ask the majority of players here if they take notes. They probably do. It adds to the effect of me having a good memory.
What does this have to do with you having a convincing scum read without presenting the damning evidence you talked about? - Everything

You followed VictorDeAngelo in voting on HiddenInTheDark at the start - I think this is HighShroomish looking for an easy vote.
I've already said it was an attempt at getting scum to trip up. I've said it twice, actually, and jon said it once.
[quote
You put nothing out about any player unless responding to questions - this doesn't seem pro town to me but could be playstyle I guess.[/quote] Very much playstyle.
You seem convinced HiddenInTheDark is scum following VictorDeAngelo's vote - then echo jon_h61's thinking on goodmorning and move your vote there from HiddenInTheDark. I'd assume therefore that they are scum partners because nobody has refuted the case (unproven despite evidence available and asked for) about HiddenInTheDark. Or is goodmorning the easier lynch now?
goodmorning would have been L-1 and I was seeing if I could get newbscum to quickhammer, providing us with a good lynch, or for scum to self hammer, providing us with a good lynch.
442 - You have one scum read on jon_h61 or goodmorning from the townclears on you. The two players who have been interacting the most and there was a high likelihood of today's lynch coming from that pair. Setting yourself up for the easy vote again in my view.
I don't see how someone can have such a strong town read on me. Especially when I work to put myself as low to the scum line as possible without crossing it. I haven't even gotten to the halfway point, apparently. And no, you having a scum read on me isn't affected by this playstyle because I hadn't even started it until after our interaction.
Then we have 3 posts in 40 minutes - after jon_h61 highlights that we are near to deadline and you haven't produced anything from this crap-ton of info you've been getting yet we get:-

The theatrical setup of 517 and 518 lead through to your thoughts on me in 519 that I addressed above - the other players can read them and decide.

The summary is -
Post 519 contained emotional language, some misunderstandings from you, some scratching around from you, some points I completely agree with, and some points I'd like further explained.
Yes, I had an epiphany. Again with the emotional language...
You've found a player in me who's clearly not town read you before - and who has not posted for 3 days - and convinced yourself I'm scum. I think if you believed you had a solid case you wouldn't need all the theatre and pointed language to be clear about how I've slipped if I was scum.
There really wasn't much theater, and I didn't even think I had much of a case on you until my little epiphany.
I'm going to allow myself a little licence here and be glad that you've done independant work and actually found a player nobody else thought was scum and pushed a move on them - oh but wait no, you just followed on the coat tails of VictorDeAngelo (513), again, and took the hint from jon_h61 in 498.
I'm on the "coat tails of VictorDeAngelo" because he posted before I was able to. I "took the hint from jon_h61" because I was busy up until then.
I credit you with seeing how the wind blows very well but I think you are playing the game of going with the wind rather than thinking for yourself.
Wouldn't anybody be "going with the wind" if they were on a wagon by your definition? I like to let people do most of my dirty work, yes, but I use my own though processes and methods.
Now if you can remove my OMGUS of HighShroomish which I freely admit is an element here - then I still feel he has scum elements - I'd like to know what you all think.
Yours wasn't OMGUS. Just sayin.
My vote stays - convince me it should be elsewhere I don't think HiddenInTheDark is scum.
Okey dokey.
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by HighShroomish »

No clue what happened to the formatting at the end, sorry.
Fixed. Something about carving up the
tag into two quote blocks blew up the formatting. -Flay
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:22 pm

Post by goodmorning »

I'm not reading those walls right now.

I will read them tomorrow morning when I am awake.

I am interested to see what neil has to say about the game.
Matti
Matti
Townie
Matti
Townie
Townie

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:27 pm

Post by Matti »

HighShroomish wrote:No clue what happened to the formatting at the end, sorry.
Fixed. Something about carving up the
tag into two quote blocks blew up the formatting. -Flay
Thanks for the reply HighShroomish - I'm at work now so have just scanned it - I'll get a better response out later today - 9-10 hours from now dependent upon work.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:33 am

Post by neil1113 »

Seeing as the deadline is in 11 hours and I'll be busy for most of those 11 hours, I don't have as much time to do an analysis as I'd like, but with all the replacements this game has had and how long the days probably seem prolonged, I didn't want to do that to you guys by asking for a longer extension so I denied it, and hoped that I could read up fast enough to have my own reads.

And well... I did.

First, let me state the usual: the entire game was difficult to read, cuz of replacements, blah blah... you know the drill.
Second, allow me to congratulate Hidden, Jon, and Victor for being the only non-replacement needed people in this game.
Third, after finally figuring out who's who (and having to go back and erase my reads on Yuriko, realizing finally that I replaced her, which makes me sad... she'd have been a joy to play with...) I think I have my reads set.

ALL RIGHT

So I just read the game. And it was weird. I couldn't keep half the replacements straight. But let me try anyway.

HighShroomish (replaced Dritan; chitmap2510) - This guy is VT Town. He already claimed, and you don't lie in Mafia. Right?
HiddenInTheDark - Honestly, I started out town-reading him hard. But around page 15 my doubts started forming, and by page 20 I was scum reading him hard. I'm trying not to use confbias here, so I'm going to have to stick with my gut on his playing style, and read him as scum.
jon_h61 - Jon is Jon. Same Jon I played with before, and I can already see the tunneling happening in his posts toward others. This should be delightful. P.S. Hi Jon. :)
Matti (replaced Drone67; SafetyDance) - I couldn't read Drone, Safety read town, and Matti seems town-oriented, however sometimes misled he might be. He's done things that read scummy and towny to me, and considering my reads already, I think I'd prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt right now. Null leaning town.
VictorDeAngelo - Seems to have a contradicting play style, and seems to be shifty in his posts. I'm also WIFOMing myself to death, because if he was scum, it would make sense not to replace out... I'd say scum.
Goodmorning - Looks Town to me, based on the fact that she seems to be genuinely scum hunting and presenting ideas that would actually help the town, rather than distract them.

Now comes the confusing part, as I do a VCA as of late, and realize that if I'm right about the scum team being between Victor and Hidden, then one of them are unnecessarily bussing the other and that's absolutely terrible scum play. So if I am right, then I would have to say they are both terrible scum players, which is an insult i'm not ready to dish out, nor am I comfortable with that assessment without meta to back it up. Therefore, I'll have to pick the one I think is more scum-aligned...

VOTE: HiddenInTheDark
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:03 am

Post by jon_h61 »

Neil's right in that I tunnel a lot, I can only try to lynch one scumspect a Day. Without some tunneling, you're letting your suspects off too easily. If you're too open minded you'll let scum lead you around by your nose. On the flip coin of that, I try to see where the poster is coming from, why they are saying what they are.

@ neil I'm reading your slot more Town than not ATM, so I won't even try a push on you Today. Still, I've read (at least one) some of your scum games, so think of me as having a permanent IGMEOY and we'll get along great. Something I hope you're factoring into your read of gm is how many games she has under her belt, with a few impressive scum wins to boot. I have tried seeing her from a Townie standpoint. Occasionally she'll make me doubt myself, but...

What do you think about her claiming I have pre-knowledge of if there's a RB in the game? That's one of my biggest sticking points against giving her a Town read. That seems so far out there that I can hardly believe Town her would even say that. As for her refusal to consider that players might be Town, I stick to one scum read and push it a lot of times too. My olive branch came at a time when I wasn't thinking clearly, and had a lot of confbias showing through, so if she is Town, that'd color her read on me too. I don't know, she still seems like she could be scum, I know she's got it in her to effectively pull it off.

@ Matti I don't think you've said what your experience is with Mafia, so I'll ask.

@ gm My use of the word "never" was actually a jab at your reads of Matti and shroomy.

Now that it's over, I'd like to give a nod to 4nxi3ty and his Imaginary Fights Mini1557. His flavor was great and kept everyone(mostly) involved all the way to the end.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:37 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Deadline stands for tonight.

Eighth Vote Count of Day Two:

goodmorning - 2 (HiddenInTheDark, jon_h61)
HiddenInTheDark - 2 (VictorDeAngelo, neil1113)
HighShroomish - 1 (Matti)
jon_h61 - 1 (goodmorning)
Matti - 1 (HighShroomish)

Not Voting - no one!

With seven alive, it will take four votes to lynch.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:54 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

Great time for walls guys, with less than a day to the deadline. I'll do what I can before I head out...

First HITD. The more I think about it the less I like his vote on GM. A quick ISO and I can't find any reasons other than:
1) I voted for Espe and then he changed person and never bothered to unvote.
2) He's voting me so I should be voting him.

Coupled with what I can describe as a vague notion that GM could be scum.

Moving on:
In post 516, goodmorning wrote:
In post 513, VictorDeAngelo wrote:not really sure why she is going after Jon so hard.
Because he's Scum.

I'm not entirely unwilling to compromise on HITD.
Well I'm unwilling to consider a Jon vote at this stage. I'll lock in my vote at the end of this post...
In post 520, YurikoJasmine wrote:I'm sorry but I'm not sure I can keep up with all the posts I've missed.
mod: please replace me.

look forward to playing another game with you guys in the future!
and I'll be following the post when I have time. See you endgame.
OOG: I hope to play with you again soon Yuki.
In post 521, Mr. Flay wrote:YukiroJasmine has been replaced by neil1113, who has declined the extension of time. Therefore deadline stands for tomorrow night ((expired on 2014-04-04 23:59:59)).
[/i]
Why did you turn down the extension. :facepalm:
In post 522, jon_h61 wrote:Oh no! Reserving judgement on Yuriko's replacement.

Another aggressive, fellow wall warrior. Hopefully, we don't end up drowning out the rest of the players in the game.

I'm sorry to see Yuriko go, but welcome neil.
Why are you reserving judgement here?
In post 525, Matti wrote:

I would define fluff as padding out a single point over six lines. Hey look your doing it here.
This is ridiculous. HS points are clear, those no manipulation, no careful phrasing. This sort of counterattack is scummy.

I'll come back to points 2 and 3 in HS responses...

Where did you pick this fact up from out of interest?
That is flat out wrong.

This whole statement is clear enough. Why cut it up....

I'm using a filter to cut out one element of a player's play and considering the others seperately to see if they feel as scummy. "
That's not the response you gave me at the time.
Taking a statement out context like this is just trying to change the narrative.
Deflection!

I want to literally use your own posts against you here.
I would also like to refute any claims I am tunneling in this game.
Where's all this emotive language. I mean actually bold what's unfair here, cause all I see is a valid point!
Your right there was no literal poof. I wanna come up with a clever rhyme in the style of "If the glove don't fit you must acquit" but my mind is drawing blank. :P
My mental adequacies aside, this is a desperate defence for lurking if I ever saw one.

I just previewed this post and OMG it's got so much more....
I'm guessing the answer is scumhunt....is it scumhunt......
Then present a case. A good one, cause you won't have my vote and I'm done for the day after this monster....
This actually seems earnest.
I think your mistaking me reads with HS's but whatever.
I agree that HS statement doesn't seem to make sense.
Simply swapping votes with little to no reason would DEFINATELY draw suspicion. I'm not swapping MY vote.[/spoiler]
Wait did you literally cut a sentence in half. Because we can't handle a line with like twenty words.
Main point though, look how self aware the second line it.
Not always true, but not scummy.
Hey ma, look at me I'm a wagon. :D
Why would a player need to read his own slot. WHY?!?!?
I already talked about this.
Case is out there, go look.
Coming from the guy who been defending HITD like a champ.

Fluff.

You put nothing out about any player unless responding to questions - this doesn't seem pro town to me but could be playstyle I guess.
Repeating himself.
Ok, another good point. That's like two per wall.
Huh?

What?
The summary is -

I think I must have commented on all this.

In post 526, HighShroomish wrote:If you thought Matti's was big, well, be prepared...
Sure, I have nowhere else to be.... oh wait I do :evil:

You know what Matti's response looks fine. I admit I skimmed it.
In post 530, neil1113 wrote:Seeing as the deadline is in 11 hours and I'll be busy for most of those 11 hours, I don't have as much time to do an analysis as I'd like, but with all the replacements this game has had and how long the days probably seem prolonged, I didn't want to do that to you guys by asking for a longer extension so I denied it, and hoped that I could read up fast enough to have my own reads.

And well... I did.

First, let me state the usual: the entire game was difficult to read, cuz of replacements, blah blah... you know the drill.
Second, allow me to congratulate Hidden, Jon, and Victor for being the only non-replacement needed people in this game.
Third, after finally figuring out who's who (and having to go back and erase my reads on Yuriko, realizing finally that I replaced her, which makes me sad... she'd have been a joy to play with...) I think I have my reads set.

ALL RIGHT

So I just read the game. And it was weird. I couldn't keep half the replacements straight. But let me try anyway.

HighShroomish (replaced Dritan; chitmap2510) - This guy is VT Town. He already claimed, and you don't lie in Mafia. Right?
HiddenInTheDark - Honestly, I started out town-reading him hard. But around page 15 my doubts started forming, and by page 20 I was scum reading him hard. I'm trying not to use confbias here, so I'm going to have to stick with my gut on his playing style, and read him as scum.
jon_h61 - Jon is Jon. Same Jon I played with before, and I can already see the tunneling happening in his posts toward others. This should be delightful. P.S. Hi Jon. :)
Matti (replaced Drone67; SafetyDance) - I couldn't read Drone, Safety read town, and Matti seems town-oriented, however sometimes misled he might be. He's done things that read scummy and towny to me, and considering my reads already, I think I'd prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt right now. Null leaning town.
VictorDeAngelo - Seems to have a contradicting play style, and seems to be shifty in his posts. I'm also WIFOMing myself to death, because if he was scum, it would make sense not to replace out... I'd say scum.
Goodmorning - Looks Town to me, based on the fact that she seems to be genuinely scum hunting and presenting ideas that would actually help the town, rather than distract them.

Now comes the confusing part, as I do a VCA as of late, and realize that if I'm right about the scum team being between Victor and Hidden, then one of them are unnecessarily bussing the other and that's absolutely terrible scum play. So if I am right, then I would have to say they are both terrible scum players, which is an insult i'm not ready to dish out, nor am I comfortable with that assessment without meta to back it up. Therefore, I'll have to pick the one I think is more scum-aligned...

VOTE: HiddenInTheDark
I won't be voting Yuki's slot today, but I want Neill to expand on his thought process.

That said he's voting with me. I am swinging back HITD + Matti and I'm locking my vote where it is. I will ranting tomorrow/post game about letting Days go to deadlines like this.

Anyway - I am outta here. I will be getting drunk and forgetting this game so my vote is not changing. I will check tomorrow and see who we lynched. I'm more than a little concerned that no one is beyond L-2 with hours to go but my RL kinda comes first.

Goodnight and godbless.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:05 am

Post by jon_h61 »

@ shroomy You said you voted gm to see if scum would follow you onto her. Do you think she's Town, or scum?

Toeing the line between Town and scum can be a good strategy for Town, but sometimes you have to let us know how you really feel.

pedit Me and neil have history, I don't want to let it color my view of him this game.

The rest will have to wait, I have Meat World issues that demand I take care of them. I'll let everyone know when I get back. There's not much chance gm'll be lynched while I'm gone so I won't remove my vote.
HiddenInTheDark
HiddenInTheDark
Goon
HiddenInTheDark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:05 am

Post by HiddenInTheDark »

My vote is just going to sit where it's at.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:39 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 530, neil1113 wrote:VOTE: HiddenInTheDark
Let's do this then.

Vote: HITD

About the Shroomy-Matti-Victor thing... much of it seems like a great fuss over rather little.

There was a quote in there which now I can't find in which someone said they had heard Scum tend to be on the middle of a wagon.
[IC]Scum generally tend to do whatever the fuck they want. Confusing the VCA has become a thing recently. Yes, some hide in the middle. But some hide in plain sight by starting or ending wagons because WIFOM.[/IC]
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:33 am

Post by HighShroomish »

@jon I explained this, and it wasn't even in the wall.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:52 am

Post by jon_h61 »

@ shrooms I'll go back and read later when I get a chance. I was just asking because I was running out the door and I couldn't remember what was said. I'm at McD's grabbing a bite to eat. I'll have more time when I get home.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:59 am

Post by jon_h61 »

I agree with gm here, if scum think something's going to make them look bad, they'll avoid it. Scum want to be as Town as possible. Town don't care
as much
about appearances.

UNVOTE:

I'll decide what I want to do when I get home.
HiddenInTheDark
HiddenInTheDark
Goon
HiddenInTheDark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:06 am

Nice OMGUS vote there.

GoodMorning for scum and Shroom/Victor as well.

L-1 now. My softclaim pretty much said what I was; But it's all cool, I'm a safe lynch I guess Victor would call it.
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:11 am

Post by HighShroomish »

I have decided to be a stubborn asshole and not hammer.
HiddenInTheDark
HiddenInTheDark
Goon
HiddenInTheDark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:45 pm

@High You never did explain why you voted for me (obviously before you did the unvoting on me). Are you just going to continue to ignore my asking for the reason?
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:10 pm

Post by neil1113 »

A little less than four hour guys and I won't be here for much of that. I'll probably be gone in a few.

That said, I'm perfectly fine with my candidate being the lynch subject for the day. Also if I'm dead tonight, do an analysis of the responses and interactions from my replace-in post, and I'm fairly confident everyone will see who the second scum is, clearly. It's fairly obvious.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
HiddenInTheDark
HiddenInTheDark
Goon
HiddenInTheDark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:13 pm

It's funny you think I'm scum. You're going to have to find both of them not "just the second"
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:15 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

I ain't scared of no OMGUS! :wink:

@ HITD if you're Town, who do you think is making a case on you from a scum's POV?
If
you could direct an investigation tonight, who would you investigate? Would you be looking for scum or confirming a Town read?

pedit I think I know who it might be, if this flip goes the way I hope!

ppedit I hope not, but it's good you're around.
HiddenInTheDark
HiddenInTheDark
Goon
HiddenInTheDark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:21 pm

Everyone who has voted for me has made their case. GoodMorning is pretty much my top choice of them all atm. Victor hasn't budged and I don't know, I'm second guessing myself about him. If I had a choice to investigate lol. (hope I'm understanding this right)

That's a hard choice, but I'd have already picked Victor and I would pick Shroom tonight if GoodMorning went on the lynch tonight (likely not). If I wasn't getting rung up, she'd be my choice over Shroom. But, they are close together, imo. 1 of those 2 imo are scum if not both.

I've been looking for a scum read so I would continue to do such.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:34 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

I don't know what I meant by the "I hope not", I may have been answering my wife (Deb) and wrote it into the post??? Too big a hurry I guess, putting up groceries and getting ready to grill out. lol (sheepish grin)
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

OH! 544. duh
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum