Newbie 1424 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:51 am

Post by Amrun »

It's not the worst wagon that could happen today, but it's not the best.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:56 am

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 2.6

CplHenderson (3):
Gravity, Nobody Special, Grimgroove
Amrun (1):
Poppedeye
Poppedeye (1):
CplHenderson
tynn (1):
Amrun

No Vote (1):
tynn

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

Deadline is Monday, September 23 at 8:00 AM CDT, which is in (expired on 2013-09-23 08:00:00).
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:21 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 531, Poppedeye wrote: @Nobody Special: If you had to bet on it, would you put your money on Cpl or Amrun for flipping scum?
If I only had to choose one, It'd have to be CplHenderson. While Amrun is deliciously scummy, Cpl's oogy oozy scumminess is bursting with flavor and aroma.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Poppedeye
Poppedeye
Townie
Poppedeye
Townie
Townie

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:53 pm

Post by Poppedeye »

In post 550, Amrun wrote:It's not the worst wagon that could happen today, but it's not the best.
That's a tad subtle for my taste. Explain yourself, what would be worse than lynching Cpl and are we to assume lynching Grim is our best option?
I wrote a Bizarro fiction book called Avoiding Mortimer.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:23 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

Actually, Amrun should be lynched. Just look at this read:
In post 547, Amrun wrote:
In post 498, Amrun wrote:Cpl:
He's done some scummy things today. Yesterday, he pinged my scumdar a bit early on and then I got distracted by other things and it's been fine in comparison. Today, he doesn't seem to have a grasp on his scumreads. They don't make sense together, he isn't consistent about them, etc.
Then again... Something about his posts just strike me as kind of town. Scum are usually more careful to be consistent than posting one set of scumreads and then turning around and voting someone else in the next post, for example. His 494 towards NS seems pretty paranoid, too, which I associate with town.
Does this make sense to any of you?

It doesn't look like a read that occurred naturally, but more like a read that has a tactical mindset behind it. Given all the things she says in the bolded part, the clear-cut conclusion is that CplHenderson should be getting a scumread.
In the non-bolded part you see an enumeration of weak reasons. Seriously, they are weak ahnd they would not be what you can expect from a player with the experience of Amrun.

This is why I actually prefer an Amrun-lynch today still, because there is still the off-chance that CplHenderson simply is a terrible player not with his head in the game, and Amrun is using a non-scumread on him at this point in order to get towncred for it later. Or she's just protecting her scumbud. Be that as it may, I feel it in my little toe that the read presented above is scummy as shit.

VOTE: Amrun

I feel a tad more confident about her lynch. Her extent of actual scumhunting has dropped to a minimum by the way.

Also, people need to get their asses back inhere.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:15 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

Heads up: I'll be V/LA starting from tomorrow until Monday 30th of September. I should be able to come online during the course of next week, but it will be limited.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:14 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 553, Poppedeye wrote:
In post 550, Amrun wrote:It's not the worst wagon that could happen today, but it's not the best.
That's a tad subtle for my taste. Explain yourself, what would be worse than lynching Cpl and are we to assume lynching Grim is our best option?
I've been really clear with my reads, in my opinion. tynn is where my vote is, and therefore I think tynn is the best lynch. (After that, yes, it would be GG, but I am much more confident about tynn.)

Anyone I have fairly unconflicted townreads on would be worse lynches than Cpl (you, Gravity, for ex).
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Gravity
Gravity
Goon
Gravity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:32 am

Post by Gravity »

The one thing that's giving me pause about tynn is the fact she's quite new. I could completely see her play be the result of that. I can understand where you are coming from with her Amrun, but I've just got that horrible gut feeling if I go with it, she's going to flip Town. We still have a couple of days to think anyway. I want tynn to post more before I make my mind up.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:43 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Why not vote Amrun? It's good for you!

tynn flaked and needs a prod.

This is what accompanied Amrun's vote on tynn by the way:
In post 498, Amrun wrote:tynn: Has become the forerunner of my scumreads. He will vote for NS if he "doesn't provide more content," which is a convenient excuse, not to mention tynn has provided very little content of his own. He doesn't seem interested in whether NS is scum here. My gut is definitely happiest to:
This isn't a case. Even Amrun herself acknowledges that, by mentioning her "gut".

Wouldn't you expect more of a case? More depth in argumentation?

Amrun is going for an easy lynch. Could be bussing or could be an effort to derail the CplHenderson-train, but it's definitely not scumhunting.
CplHenderson
CplHenderson
Townie
CplHenderson
Townie
Townie

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:52 am

Post by CplHenderson »

Sigh.

I can see that there's a good possibility that I'm about to be hammered, so I just want to get this in.

I'm sorry for being distracted over the last few days, and I realize it's my own fault for bringing so much suspicion down on me.

I do, however, want to point out that Grimgroove has been concentrating solely on Amrun for the last day or two before suddenly switching his vote over to me. And I'd like to say that if Grimgroove were to be scum, he could push a lynch on me, kill a townie at night, follow up with a lynch of Amrun, and lead his team into victory. I had suspicion about Grimgroove before, a couple of weeks ago, but I kind of let it go because I didn't have any strong evidence to back up my claim.

I know you're not supposed to give up in this game, but to be honest, there is NOTHING I can say at this point that will make me look town - right now, people are probably looking at this post and thinking that this is a last ditch maneuver to draw suspicion away from myself. Please, though, just think about it?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:57 am

Post by Grimgroove »

What are your thoughts on Amrun and tynn?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:14 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 559, CplHenderson wrote: I know you're not supposed to give up in this game, but to be honest, there is NOTHING I can say at this point that will make me look town - right now, people are probably looking at this post and thinking that this is a last ditch maneuver to draw suspicion away from myself. Please, though, just think about it?

Nice AtE -- for some reason, I had thought you were a newbie,
but I just looked at your join date.
Now I've looked at your history, and you truly ARE a newbie. Hmmm.

Well, AtE (Appeal to Emotion) is a popular scum tactic.

Now I don't know what to think. I think I'll re-read some. Both you and Amrun.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:11 am

Post by Grimgroove »

You're not going to re-read shit you lazy ass! You know it, I know it, we all know it! Drop the sharade and vote!! Luckily for you I have done the preparatory works for you. The conclusion is simple. Lynch Amrun. Therefor you must vote for her. But thou must also spread the word! Cast your vote, and after having casted your vote, cast your vote to the people too, and give them your message, given to you on the Mountain of Wisdom on top of which I reside, and where an ever-resounding echo repeats itself melancholicly with the words: Lynch Amrun.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:14 am

Post by Amrun »

"Gut" doesn't invalidate a case, and I actually said more about tynn than that, but nice try. That was my SUMMARY post after I posted things about particular posts that tweaked me.

I will only vote for Cpl at deadline; 559 strikes me as town.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:19 am

Post by Grimgroove »

What has driven you to such minimalist responses? Is it despair that wheighs on your mind? Surely it cannot be the frivolty of INNOCENCE!!!???
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:20 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 563, Amrun wrote:559 strikes me as town.
Do you like emotional movies too? Tissues at the ready of course, in case some dog looks like it's about to die.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:22 am

Post by Amrun »

Minimalist responses because

a) That' what I'm in the mood for.

b) To be honest, this game has sparse content so there's not much to mine.

c) Real life is still kicking my ass in general + me trying to recover from when it was REALLY kicking my ass.

Minimalist responses =/= bad responses. Actually, it increases the chances they will be READ.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:43 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Is that a jab at my long posting or a jab at my small attention span? :mrgreen:

In any case, you deserve massive props for that one, truly genius :mrgreen: Love for you!

So I will lynch you lovingly.

<3
Poppedeye
Poppedeye
Townie
Poppedeye
Townie
Townie

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:28 pm

Post by Poppedeye »

I believe tynn is out of the game. It's been over 5 days since she posted.
Moderator can you tell us the state of tynn?
I wrote a Bizarro fiction book called Avoiding Mortimer.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by Zaicon »

VOICE OF MOD:

For some reason, I thought tynn was dead. Anyway, since tynn hasn't logged into MafiaScum in the past 5 days, I'm going to skip the prod phase and just find a replacement.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:10 am

Post by Zaicon »

Hermy replaces tynn.
Hermy
Hermy
Goon
Hermy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:19 am

Post by Hermy »

Hi everyone! :D

I'm off to read all of what's happened so far :)
Gravity
Gravity
Goon
Gravity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by Gravity »

In post 571, Hermy wrote:Hi everyone! :D

I'm off to read all of what's happened so far :)
Welcome.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts. Tynn sort of disappeared before she was replaced. She had a bit of suspicion surrounding her, so be prepared for that.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

Lynch Amrun
Hermy
Hermy
Goon
Hermy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Post by Hermy »

Sorry. I fell asleep last night. But I've read through everything (though half of it was when I was half-asleep).

I think I want a little more pressure to be put on Amrun. She went for somewhat of an easy lynch on tynn/Me, and (I think) tynn was suspected by quite a few people already at that point so her/my defenses would be somewhat difficult to succeed.

I've also been getting somewhat of a scumread off Cpl. And if he flips town then I'm pretty confident that at least one scum is on that bandwagon.

I think I'll go for VOTE: Amrun but I want to see if Cpl does something more in his defence, and I would be pretty willing to hammer, depending on what happens next.

Note: I mainly do this off an iPod so sorry for lack of fancy quote filled posts. Also, sorry for any typos for the same reason. I have all the spelling and grammar things off (because they annoy me even more than my typos) so I might have a few.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”