Shell Game (Night 6)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #5950 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:15 pm

Post by Oblivion »

Like... correct it if you feel differently but it really views this game and the way yesterday went as the ultimate manipulation of a bunch of ego driven players who love their intelligences and egos stroked and their final reads heard... who were all lead wrong and astray and now we're following through on the second half of that outcome.

And when Sunflower flips town, what then? Probably it or Gypyx? It knows it is town and Gypyx is not likely to be scum here from a post she made earlier when it was reacting to you being a Mason. It just... Saw through. It is CERTAIN Gypyx is town.

So then your PoE as is current is heading through a station towards town, town town chain elimination.

It feels strongly if something doesn't change and quickly, this game is a lost cause.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5951 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:18 pm

Post by Oblivion »

It was asked who its top town are, and that's simple.

Firebagel, Gypyx, Sunflower.

It genuinely no longer thinks Sunflower CAN be scum from the method that was played yesterday. Why did things occur as they did? How did it come to pass that the entire game ground to a halt to watch a town elimination from certainty after a scum elimination day 1, then Morph was killed as if to calcify their reads into forced existence?
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5952 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:18 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5932, marcistar wrote:
In post 5929, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 5689, Shello and Goodbye wrote: My stock on luke is going down
Can you talk more about this?
luke is not on the table rn sorry
Marci, why did you say this/
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #5953 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:19 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 5948, Oblivion wrote:
In post 5940, Hermit Crab wrote:
In post 5893, Oblivion wrote: So, it has a few reads with how yesterday went down it wants to discuss. It took time to see how the experience wagon developed and was a little confused.

From the Mason claims, can it ask something? Why did Experience's death feel inevitable upon its re-read? Like, there was obstensibly a counter wagon, but it felt like the whole time it was a waiting room for Experience's death. Do you disagree with this take from it? Because it has a follow up observation about this, if it is felt to be accurate.

Additionally, from Marci, can you explain to it what your view of the deathy is in terms of your reads on the other slots?
I think most of the game had it whittled down to experience or sunflower from that hood, and at that point it’s really a coin flip who goes first. But we now have new information to review with this, is there anyone you think pushed experience in a weird way?
Okay, so it's assessment is correct?

Then it doesn't want to kill Sunflower today. Infact, if we're killing in the Dethy, it would rather kill anyone else, it thinks.

The sensation of the game being a waiting room from its perspective comes from an apathetic status quo, and if it knows anything about status quo, it is that scum only allow that to exist if they are comfortable with the outcome.

There wasn't a weird push on experience. More explicitly... why wasn't there a weird push opposing? Where was the setup by players preparing for the flip? Where was the motility?

It felt as if the game had been reduced to "kill Experience, if not, kill Sunflower" and that scum were okay with this series of events.
I see what you’re saying, but this is also not the first time morph has left a big color words post. More often than not, following those posts does well (I can provide some links, both heads alone are scary good let alone together) We’re still organizing our reads, but coming into today and yesterday, we had the same conclusion. Do you have any reason other than gamestate that you think points to sunflower town?

Pedit-
It’s meant to be a guide more than anything, and helps me at the very least to have that information to compare to. This plist frankly isn’t the type of plist where it will be perfectly followed.

I did a color coding of the VCs from day one over night one, and there was a few votes on the brian wagon that did not jive based on my reads. Those were Sunflower, Cakez, Penguin. All I did was green out my townreads and red out the flipped scum, and that entire wagon besides those 3 and firebagel (who voted at my request) were on the town side of things.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #5954 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:20 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 5952, Lukewarm wrote:
:evil: zipper
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5955 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:21 pm

Post by wolfbae »

I would hope that if Sunflower is town we all decide morph and spiffeh are washed and let someone else get a turn to drive
super secret alt
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5956 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:22 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

I don’t think it’s fair to quantify morph as grinding the game to a halt, there was a good bit of information and events that happened yesterday that are all semi pertinent. Morphs guilty and retraction on shello, our mason claim, wolfbaes entrance just to name a few.

For me, personally, wolfbaes reads are giving me pause bc I do respect his opinion and stances and his drastically different view of the game is messing with my head some. To say everything was on morph is kinda unfair when everyone in the game was pretty universally agreeing? But I see your point in scum being okay with the status quo. Who of the other 3 has the most scum equity?
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5957 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:22 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 5955, wolfbae wrote: I would hope that if Sunflower is town we all decide morph and spiffeh are washed and let someone else get a turn to drive
Spiffeh was scumreading bingle he’s already confirmed washed
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5958 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:23 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5954, marcistar wrote:
In post 5952, Lukewarm wrote:
:evil: zipper
The ONE time you decide to keep a secret, smh
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5959 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:23 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Morph was a claimed investigative role, which is likely a large part of why they were killed.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #5960 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:23 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 5955, wolfbae wrote: I would hope that if Sunflower is town we all decide morph and spiffeh are washed and let someone else get a turn to drive
I thought you thought spiffeh was scum
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5961 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:23 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

universally?
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5962 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:24 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 5953, Hermit Crab wrote:
In post 5948, Oblivion wrote:
In post 5940, Hermit Crab wrote:
In post 5893, Oblivion wrote: So, it has a few reads with how yesterday went down it wants to discuss. It took time to see how the experience wagon developed and was a little confused.

From the Mason claims, can it ask something? Why did Experience's death feel inevitable upon its re-read? Like, there was obstensibly a counter wagon, but it felt like the whole time it was a waiting room for Experience's death. Do you disagree with this take from it? Because it has a follow up observation about this, if it is felt to be accurate.

Additionally, from Marci, can you explain to it what your view of the deathy is in terms of your reads on the other slots?
I think most of the game had it whittled down to experience or sunflower from that hood, and at that point it’s really a coin flip who goes first. But we now have new information to review with this, is there anyone you think pushed experience in a weird way?
Okay, so it's assessment is correct?

Then it doesn't want to kill Sunflower today. Infact, if we're killing in the Dethy, it would rather kill anyone else, it thinks.

The sensation of the game being a waiting room from its perspective comes from an apathetic status quo, and if it knows anything about status quo, it is that scum only allow that to exist if they are comfortable with the outcome.

There wasn't a weird push on experience. More explicitly... why wasn't there a weird push opposing? Where was the setup by players preparing for the flip? Where was the motility?

It felt as if the game had been reduced to "kill Experience, if not, kill Sunflower" and that scum were okay with this series of events.
I see what you’re saying, but this is also not the first time morph has left a big color words post. More often than not, following those posts does well (I can provide some links, both heads alone are scary good let alone together) We’re still organizing our reads, but coming into today and yesterday, we had the same conclusion. Do you have any reason other than gamestate that you think points to sunflower town?

Pedit-
It’s meant to be a guide more than anything, and helps me at the very least to have that information to compare to. This plist frankly isn’t the type of plist where it will be perfectly followed.

I did a color coding of the VCs from day one over night one, and there was a few votes on the brian wagon that did not jive based on my reads. Those were Sunflower, Cakez, Penguin. All I did was green out my townreads and red out the flipped scum, and that entire wagon besides those 3 and firebagel (who voted at my request) were on the town side of things.
So the defense against the physical manifestation of Apathy into the game is that the players who left the list are simply too good to be fooled from within?

It really doesn't know what to say to that. It sees something, it is just as capable as them, and it is pleading with you to See what it Sees and to get the answer "well they won't really be followed" "well they're REALLY good" is.... disheartening.
But not older.

Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5963 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:24 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

That was my view on it, yeah? It seemed like a pretty wide swath of the game was on that same page.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5964 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:24 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 5956, Hermit Crab wrote: I don’t think it’s fair to quantify morph as grinding the game to a halt, there was a good bit of information and events that happened yesterday that are all semi pertinent. Morphs guilty and retraction on shello, our mason claim, wolfbaes entrance just to name a few.

For me, personally, wolfbaes reads are giving me pause bc I do respect his opinion and stances and his drastically different view of the game is messing with my head some. To say everything was on morph is kinda unfair when everyone in the game was pretty universally agreeing? But I see your point in scum being okay with the status quo. Who of the other 3 has the most scum equity?
Remind it of the other 3? It's Marci, it knows that, but who were the other two?
But not older.

Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5965 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:26 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

I’m not saying they aren’t too good to be fooled, and I’m pretty sure I explicitly said it’s not meant to be a full roadmap.

I am considering how you see the gamestate. We have other concerns about the gamestate too.

Pedit
The other two are wolfbae and STD.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #5966 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:26 pm

In post 5963, Hermit Crab wrote: That was my view on it, yeah? It seemed like a pretty wide swath of the game was on that same page.
i think there were a some loud people on this

and probably some scum going "yeah, that sounds good!"
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5967 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:27 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 5966, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 5963, Hermit Crab wrote: That was my view on it, yeah? It seemed like a pretty wide swath of the game was on that same page.
i think there were a some loud people on this

and probably some scum going "yeah, that sounds good!"
Wanna name and shame?
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5968 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:30 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 5965, Hermit Crab wrote: I’m not saying they aren’t too good to be fooled, and I’m pretty sure I explicitly said it’s not meant to be a full roadmap.

I am considering how you see the gamestate. We have other concerns about the gamestate too.

Pedit
The other two are wolfbae and STD.
Wolfbae was Klick, correct?

STD feels checked out and it can relate with that, but there is a fear of scum hiding in that area, yes? Like... it is fully aware if it wishes to remain in this game it cannot allow scum to hide in a pocket of its own creation with apathy about neighbourhoods and such. It is why it is making effort to re-engage even against the grating pain(physical) and frustration (mental).

Wolfbae was Klick who was in a terrible spot, but seems to have talked himself out of that spot which is scary. An alt who is known to only a few people and wink and nods at them to get where he wants and then settles in to a comfortable position also fits what it is looking for.

Marci.... man it really can't help but think Marci might just be a Mark. It really doesn't think it can unsee her as town from how it described on day 1, despite her reads being constantly questionable from its PoV.

Gun to its head.... Kill Wolfbae and dance on the corpse with Glee.
But not older.

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #5969 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:30 pm

In post 5703, Cephrir wrote:
VC 3.1
Sunflower 5 (CSF, SirCakez, Spiffeh, Dunnstral, Lukewarm)
+ morph
+ shello
+ you
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5970 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:32 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 5969, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 5703, Cephrir wrote:
VC 3.1
Sunflower 5 (CSF, SirCakez, Spiffeh, Dunnstral, Lukewarm)
+ morph
+ shello
+ you
Well Morph is dead and Hermit is mason, so that leaves you with 6 slots, probably not Shello.

So among the 5 listed above, what is your take? If it can be blunt, you feel like... someone who is hesitant to commit to a position in earnestness and it would like to pin you down on something, if it is allowed.
But not older.

Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5971 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:34 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

Also oblivion, why is firebagel so town to you? You can point to where I missed an explanation.

Wolfbae is a fairly well known player with multiple alts that I’m aware of, and if you desire to find that you are more than welcome. I am also skeptical of him! In fact, he is my second choice after sunflower presently (might chance once herr and I sit and chat)

Pedit
@STD, I mean the quiet ones nodding along.
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #5972 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:35 pm

Post by Firebagel »

In post 5930, Dunnstral wrote: Did you receive a cop shot on night 1? If so, who did you target and what was the result?
I don't see any reason to give out information on that matter right now.
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5973 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:35 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

We’re trying to calibrate the shots is the reason.
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5974 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:36 pm

Post by wolfbae »

In post 5956, Hermit Crab wrote: I don’t think it’s fair to quantify morph as grinding the game to a halt, there was a good bit of information and events that happened yesterday that are all semi pertinent. Morphs guilty and retraction on shello, our mason claim, wolfbaes entrance just to name a few.

To be clear

I do not trust my own reads right now

there are plenty of games where I'm wildly off the mark and bullheaded and being stubborn about my reads fucks the game up. I have no particular reason to believe my view of the game is more accurate than anyone else and plenty of reasons to doubt that

I've never thought the case as presented against Sunflower made sense but he can still be mafia. I'm willing to defer and let someone else lead, if we're on a bad course I'll be more outspoken.

Like legitimately the best and only thing I can really do this game is make myself obvious town.
super secret alt

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”