Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #5975 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:15 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 5968, Ranger wrote:
Dwlee wrote:Can't the reason be: To frame a town I want to mislynch in lylo?
No, that, by definition, is wifom.
Which doesn't exist in kills.

The simple explanation for why Dunnstral dies with Dwlee as mafia: "Dunnstral is thinking about Dwlee = mafia, he needs to die".
The explanation you're presenting for why Dunnstral dies with Ranger as mafia: "Dunnstral thought Dwlee = mafia. Ranger chose to throw that away, in spite of Suzune having shown no indication at all from budging her Dwlee-town position. This, because Ranger thought the value of a wifom kill would outweigh the value of a person who would likely side with her."
I'm arguing that either:
You believe suzune will think I made the kill (but by you it is just "wifom" so I'll ignore that)
You are unsure how dunnstral might react to nosferatu's end of day posting, he might be convinced you are scum after that
Dunnstral is a more useful poster (sorry suzune but it is true) Dunnstral has been analyzing things and been much more active than suzune, therefore he would be more likely to come to the conclusion of you being scum with more time spent into the game
Suzune is townreading you
etc., etc.
You continue to do this thing where you push things as validating some argument when in reality they're bull crap. It is like the titus not providing meta thing, it is like your "this is my town meta" thing, these things are not alignment indicative and yet you push them as though they are alignment indicative because you have no real arguments that can validate yourself as town or me as scum so you use these bull crap arguments.
You don't know how dunnstral would respond to nosferatu's continued posting about your slot.
Except, I do. He posted. Noteworthy also, is that I wasn't around to post during that time. He'd see my response, in comparison to Nosferatu's points. And he'd recognize that there's a difference between Nosferatu's relationship to me and his relationship to me: Dunnstral and I have high synergy and when a team can work together well. Nosferatu can't read me. He thinks he can, but consistently he's wrong. The difference between Dunnstral's ability to read me, and Nosferatu's ability to read me, is night and day, so Dunnstral would know to go with his own judgment on the matter.
You actually just proved what I've been saying. Dunnstral has the ability to read you properly, you said it in this paragraph (more implied it but it is definitely there). With dunnstral being able to properly read you you kill him as scum because he'd figure out you were scum. Derp don't prove me right when trying to argue.
Maybe you think that suzune would lynch me over you because they stated at some point they had a town read on you (and thus refused to hammer you yesterday).
Except, Suzune specifically said multiple times, at every stage: lynch Ranger > Dwlee. Nosferatu was in front of me, yes, but consistently, Suzune has said I'm a lynch over you. Suzune said it yesterday, Suzune's even said it today if I recall correctly.
P sure suzune already responded to this
The difference is really simple.
If I were scum, killing Suzune leaves me with an even playing field, one I might have a slight advantage in.
No, it leaves dunnstral alive who knows how to read you. You even fudging said it.
If I were scum, killing Dunnstral leaves me with an uphill battle
at best
, an unwinnable game at worst.
No, as suzune is pretty clearly undecided between you and I.
With you as scum, killing Suzune leaves you in a position where you're not certain of things, and you might have a disadvantage.
Okay probably
With you as scum, killing Dunnstral all-but secures the win.
But.. it doesn't. Suzune is undecided between us. She has been since yesterday. She p clearly thought it was nosferatu and was hard townreading both of us.
Again, trying to argue not-alignment indicative things as alignment indicative. Could I have made the dunnstral kill? Yes. Would it make sense for me to kill dunnstral? Probably. But it also makes a ton of sense for you to kill dunnstral because as you've said HE CAN READ YOU. No fricken duh you're gonna be killing the player in the game who can read you properly before lylo.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5976 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:16 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Time and time again ranger is arguing that NAI prove her as town / me as scum, it is truly masterful how logical she can make these NAI indicative things seem but once you get down to it you can see she is arguing total bull crap and she can't drop these positions as showing nothing because it is all she has.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5977 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:17 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I messed up my use of NAI twice, one time by not including the word things and the second by saying NAI indicative. God my brain is fried.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5978 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:42 am

Post by Skullduggery »

Day 9, Vote Count #3

Current Vote Count:

(1)
Ranger -- Dwlee99
(0)
Suzune
(1)
Dwlee99 -- Ranger

Not Voting:
Suzune

With 3 votes available, it takes 2 votes to hammer.

Day 9 Will End on Thursday, September 15th, at 9 p.m. eastern time.
Countdown: (expired on 2016-09-15 21:00:00)
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5979 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:44 pm

Post by Ranger »

Dwlee wrote:you're too mentally exhausting for midnight
AKA, "Ranger actually made good points, and I need time to think of ways to counter them".
Suzune wrote:And you are wrong. I did have a town read on you.
Yes, but you had a
stronger
townread on Dwlee.
Dwlee wrote:Ranger still hasnt commented on my interactions with antihero that I quoted.
What's there to comment on? You can quote them all you like; you're not actually
saying
anything when quoting them.
If you actually read that game almost says it is the progression of ranger's reads that can be used to determine who scum are.
And I already addressed this point, that it can and has been used vice-versa to get a read on me, usually accurately.
So like that whole response about how her reads lists always look like that is bull crap.
Except it's provable fact otherwise: I've shown many games where I've had that same pattern as town. Yes, in link form, but that's mainly because I'd rather not dump into this thread literally the entire content of my iso in those games. Plural, games, worth of my entire iso. Links were sufficient. My reads always look like that. It's what I did with them, given my circumstances, which was important. And in this game, what I did with them was improve them as best as I could, as the game progressed, in spite of my circumstances. Apathetic/restricted/busy town.
Dwlee wrote: Here is your last few posts before his lynch.
Blatant misrep of my Varsoon push. He was in the nullish to nullscum category early. He moved to scumread D2, and strongest scumread and push by D3. I was pushing for his lynch...but no duh there's going to be more than one scum in a game, so my lynchpool's not going to be one player. I had Varsoon as my focus. I was pushing him, putting attention on him. But I wasn't going to be so stubborn that I wasn't going to compromise at all. I offered people alternatives: people I was scumreading, that if they were scumreading could lead to a lynch on someone I wouldn't be townreading. So the lynchpool there is...rather blatantly, trying to SAVE A PLAYER, SirCakez, not as you're presenting it, blindly lynch anyone which Varsoon just so happened to be among. He was my vote. He was my push. He was my preferred option, my preferred lynch.
This isn't you pushing super hard for his lynch at all.
All of my content at the time was pushing Varsoon.
Literally all of it.
Yes, I wasn't posting ten times a day, screaming it.
But I wasn't doing that in
any
game (actually, I was: a scumgame, Stack the Deck).

I was pushing as hard as I could, given my circumstances. (Those being: real life problems.)
Circumstantially, that was a strong push. That was the strongest push in any of my town games, actually. It was a harder stance than my stance in Woodshed, harder stance than my stance in C9++, harder stance than Diffusion of Power, it was a hard, solid push. (Okay, so maybe it was only about equal to my Diffusion of Power push on Dunnstral, but it was still strong given my abilities at the time.)

It was my sitewide playstyle at the time. And for my sitewide playstyle at the time (something easily verified by looking at contemporary games, just in case you were thinking of accusing me of lying out of my ass), that was the norm. That was a normal heavy Ranger push. For the time. Because I was going through a hard time.
The burden of proof lies on you here.
Except I gave my proof already!
Near Vanilla.
Titus ASKED ME for my meta. She ASKED ME, so that she could use meta.

So, I've already proven my point. Past game experience demonstrates it: Titus would have provided real meta if we were scumbuddies. This was my point. I showed this, by linking to Near Vanilla, where she did exactly that.

You haven't given any proof to back yours up though. I said my part, and your response is quite literally "no u".
I can't remember in mass effect but in bloodeborne you were definitely apathetic and lurky.
Nope! I wasn't active publicly, but I was QUITE active behind the scenes. There were PTs that game. Same for Mass Effect in my brief time there. I was active, chippy even, the whole time. Also, there's a distinct difference between strategically posting (my posting in Bloodborne) and just apathy/lurking (this game). They look nothing alike. The strategic posting isn't meant to accomplish anything. It's meant to stay out of the spotlight: my reads are safe. My reads lack controversy. That's strategic posting, that's Bloodborne and for that matter Mass Effect.
My posting this game has had plenty of reads running contrary to the norm. I've made many, MANY pushes, right, wrong, doesn't matter, which were one thing above all: not what others were thinking. The closest point, and I do mean CLOSEST point, my reads EVER come to being "standard" is on D1...but from that point onward? From literally every post on D2 from then up through until today? I've been fighting against the current with my reads. I've been
placing myself into the spotlight
. I've been unafraid to shine attention onto myself. And that's because of a difference in alignment between the games.
but demanding to be town read for this meta is just trying to validate yourself as town for bad reasons.
Pot, kettle, black.
I am by FAR not the only one doing this.
but I'm not demanding to be townread for this as I recognize that this is my play style in almost all of my games.
Really? Coulda fooled me!
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5980 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:09 pm

Post by Ranger »

Dwlee wrote:You are unsure how dunnstral might react to nosferatu's end of day posting, he might be convinced you are scum after that
Except, I do.
Dunnstral was showing doubt to Nosferatu's words.
Nosferatu posted most words.
Dunnstral showed doubt to those new words.
While Nosferatu was lynched before Dunnstral posted a third time, look at the points Nosferatu made: is "19 hours is a lot of time": ignores how
I have a real life
. I have a job. I also was short on time. I was busy. I was not going to be around much. So that point, Dunnstral (especially with prior experience playing with me under these restrictions) would know that didn't hold water.

It also says I could have tried to make a case on Dwlee. Except that's exactly what I HAD been trying to do. Quite obviously.
is blatantly false on every front. It flies in the face of basic mafia theory. Every player, even newbies, knows better than to no-lynch at 5 players and place the game on evens. Dunnstral would have the brain to know this.

Those were his only posts. Things that Dunnstral, off of his own Ranger experience, not to mention, general mafia experience, would know to be false. Because, again: Dunnstral has a much, much, much better grasp on me than Nosferatu. Dunnstral has been in fewer games together with me, but two important factors: they are both more recent than Nosferatu's experiences (frankly, Nosferatu has to remind me every single game we're together that we've played together since he is, bluntly, not a memorable player to me) and more intimate than Nosferatu's, with a greater level of mutual accuracy between us and teamwork.

I never worked with Nosferatu as far as I can tell. I did once completely and utterly fool him, but I never worked with him. I've worked with Dunnstral. His entrance in this game was very strongly reminiscent of his play in C9++. His ability to read things was similar enough to my own ability to read things that we worked together. So there's not a chance in hell I cast that all aside, throw away a valuable asset, who is treating me the way he was. He wasn't going to vote me. He was going to vote Dwlee.
Suzune is townreading you
So was Dunnstral.
Suzune townread me. Dunnstral townread me.
Suzune townread you. Dunnstral townread you.
The difference is,
Dunnstral was beginning to townread me stronger than you.
Whereas Suzune was always townreading you stronger than me.

It's really that simple.
these things are not alignment indicative and yet you push them as though they are alignment indicative because you have no real arguments that can validate yourself as town or me as scum so you use these bull crap arguments.
For someone accusing me of using big fancy words.
You sure do know how to use big fancy words when looked at are, ironically...filled with nothing. This is boiled down just one gigantic "no u" statement. I've given points for why you're scum and I'm town. Your response? "Those aren't points". That's literally it.
Dunnstral has the ability to read you properly, you said it in this paragraph (more implied it but it is definitely there). With dunnstral being able to properly read you you kill him as scum because he'd figure out you were scum.
Except, Dunnstral wasn't. He was going the other direction. He was leaning towards me being town. This, consistent with what he's seen of me and knows of my play. That shows, for a start, I'm not scum (because he wouldn't be wrong), but also, shows I wouldn't nightkill him.

Suzune is the kind of player who would lynch me in spite of seeing all the town things I have done.
In contrast, Dunnstral is the kind of player who would let me win in spite of any scumread he'd have on me.
I know this because I'm exactly the same way. If I've got a hard choice to make between two decisions, I'll go with what I'll ultimately feel less bad about doing. And for Dunnstral, he would feel less bad siding with me regardless of my alignment compared to you.

In short: Dunnstral was going to vote with me no matter what, period. He wouldn't rush into it. It would take some time. Maybe some convincing. But he was going to side with me. This, no matter his thoughts on whether I'm scum or not.
Suzune...won't.

I mean, to be honest, I'm not even sure why I'm arguing since I don't even know if anything I'm saying is even remotely getting through to her.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5981 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:12 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 5980, Ranger wrote:I mean, to be honest, I'm not even sure why I'm arguing since I don't even know if anything I'm saying is even remotely getting through to her.
relatable
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5982 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:15 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

this entire argument seems to boil down to you saying "These things are alignment indicative" and then me saying they aren't.
The thing with my interactions with antihero is that I don't understand how anyone could think that those are scum buddy interactions.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5983 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:57 pm

Post by Suzune »

VOTE: Dwlee

In my opinion, I just could not see ranger being town. But I had a potential pair with Dwlee. So I am going to lean that way.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5984 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:21 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

welp you just lost town the game
gg lmao
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5985 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 5983, Suzune wrote:
I just could not see ranger being town.
"I COULDNT SEE RANGER BEING TOWN SO I VOTED DWLEE"
wow
just...
wow
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5986 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Thanks, nosferatu, for actually seeing ranger was scum like a rational person. Appreciated it.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5987 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:25 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

God I put so much effort into this game to be defeated by scum who lurked her way through the game and then just posted bullshit logical arguments. Sighsighsigh
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5988 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:35 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 5983, Suzune wrote:VOTE: Dwlee

In my opinion, I just could not see ranger being town. But I had a potential pair with Dwlee. So I am going to lean that way.
I just can't believe this post. I will never forget this post. Like every time I think about losing a game of mafia as town I will come back to this post and say "at least it wasn't as bad as this"
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5989 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

SUZUNE COME HERE I NEED TO YELL AT YOU AND UNLEASH MY WRATH
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5990 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 5055, Dwlee99 wrote:my bet is ranger anti so if we lose and I was right I can spam quote this
In post 5055, Dwlee99 wrote:my bet is ranger anti so if we lose and I was right I can spam quote this
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5991 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Spoiler:

Added the spoiler tag.
~Skull
Last edited by Skullduggery on Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5992 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Spoiler:

Added the spoiler tag.
~Skull
Last edited by Skullduggery on Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5993 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Spoiler:

Added the spoiler tag.
~Skull
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5994 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Spoiler:

Added the spoiler tag.
~Skull
Last edited by Skullduggery on Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5995 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Spoiler:

Added the spoiler tag.
~Skull
Last edited by Skullduggery on Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5996 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Spoiler:

Added the spoiler tag.
~Skull
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5997 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Spoiler:

Added the spoiler tag.
~Skull
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5998 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Spoiler:

Added the spoiler tag.
~Skull
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5999 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Spoiler:

Added the spoiler tag.
~Skull
Last edited by Skullduggery on Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”