Vote Count 1.19

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Katsuki (4): Iecerint, Lady Lambdadelta, Cephrir, TierShift
shos (2): Rhinox, Katsuki
Cabd (2): xRECKONERx, pirate mollie
TierShift (1): T-Bone
notscience (1): shos

Not Voting (3): notscience, Cabd, copper223

V/LA: Iecerint (April 8th), T-Bone (April 10th)

Deadline for Day 1 is Wednesday, April 15th, at 12:00 noon EDT (site time).
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2015-04-15 11:00:00)

NameChangeScore
Cabd
-
Cephrir
-
copper223
-
Iecerint
-
Katsuki
-
Lady Lambdadelta
-
notscience
-
pirate mollie
-
Rhinox
-
shos
-
T-Bone
-
TierShift
-
xRECKONERx
-

Last edited by Magua on Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 441, TierShift wrote:
In post 416, T-Bone wrote:Can you dazzle me with why you are voting Cabd now....for....FIFTY POINTS???

I'm going to try to be somewhat more conservative with voting. Cabd's catchup was shitty.

T-bone, where are you going with this attack on me? I really don't understand where you're coming from and why you're singling out on me. The things you pick feel like arbitrary elements of someone's game that you could pick out of anyone's right now.

Arbitrary? I picked out a single thing to develop my read to begin with, and then yes I added on a few other things that don't sit right with me. I'm always wary of volume posters who try oh so hard to assert themselves as the town leader and that's what I think you were doing. Like, I'm coming into the thread after things, I'm not reacting to anything in real time right now, or my approach would be different.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by Cephrir »

As far as I can tell you are not reacting to anything in any time
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

uhhh i drank with glork + singer last night for things and have literally just crawled out of bed to get water and realized i was in games

more later
green shirt thursdays
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:26 pm

Post by notscience »

I'm currently going through Shos's posts trying to figure out how his stance on me works.

First, he finds my post town enough to gain a townlean on it's own.

Then, where I say I would be fine lynching cabd if I saw nothing from him soon, gains me massive scumpoints. I never said this was a PL (granted I think in my initial readup response I did but I think I mistook this post for my wall post where I said I was fine wiht lynching tbone. I never said this was a PL.

That post alone, was enough to override the initial townread and shove me into probscum. That doesn't seem like a town mindset.

In post 520, shos wrote:@284 - the idea is not that I agree/disagree with that post at all. I think it's wrong, yes, but that is irrelevant, because the reason I think it is wrong is information that I think a townie may not think of, ergo, this can come from a town mindset. note that I said I *CAN* see how this..etc, not I *THINK* that this..etc. The idea is that it is not a "OH YOU MUST BE TOWN", and rather a, "oh you may be town after all". and yeah, of course these stuff can be faked, everything can be faked. I'm very good as scum, you don't have to teach me. GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE TUNNEL. this is not a me-building-up-for-scumreading-you (I'm not, as of now, in case you missed), this is NOT ABOUT YOU. so it does not even matter if you said this too.

that's because you're building up to scumread me! I don't like the nitpicking word choice, but I just wanted to quote this because this feels like exactly what you are doing to me, and you're just like "dw ceph Im not doing it to you!"

His post to reck feels like he's testing the waters on one of the only two people liable to defend me if he wanted to start a wagon on me, given that most of his reasons to scumread me are flimsy and false its like he was looking for a way to get a scumread going on me because his teammates said that only two people were townreading me.
In post 536, shos wrote:wtf. like on the one hand I'd very much like to vote you right now and on the other I see all the votes piling so quick that it makes sense you're just being scumvoted

Katsuki (5): Iecerint, copper223, Lady Lambdadelta, Cephrir, pirate mollie
This wagon is a good wagon. mark these guys on it as a group of at least 4 townies

Also should be taking some looks at those who lurked so far. it's been a week almost, no excuses

Why did I get scumread for expressing interest in a lurker then? Why is that wagon a "good wagon" and why are all of those people town? What happeened to "mollie hasn't posted enough to townread her?" You've said ceph is town. That's the only person on this wagon you've committed a read on up until this point and hten you just throw this in there like "oh this wagon has at least 4 town!" which doesn't make any sense considering the only reads you have given up until this point are Me, Reck, TS, and ceph.

A big thread in his catchups is "noone has given any reasons I'm easily scum" which I will reread and verify, but I remember at least asking LLD to elaborate some on her shos read.

In post 562, shos wrote:I can live with a kats lynch but I'd rather an NS lynch as of now.

You've commented on 3 posts of mine. 1 was a townish post. 1 was a post where I was interested in a lurker that you took for a PL but was moreso for what everyone else said about scum-him would want to hide and promise shit that never comes. 1 was a post where you accuse me of parroting that is blatantly false if you read the thread. This looks like you setting yourself up to join kats wagon later and then push me tomorrow.

And then "lol havent voted better vote ns"

I don't understand how this is a logical thought pattern at all.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by notscience »

Also, why is me wanting to lynch cabd for lurking a major scumthing and then no comment on the same thread re:t-bone?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:09 pm

Post by shos »

In post 597, notscience wrote:
In post 516, shos wrote:what was the purpose of you lying there, knowingly? are you really hated or are you lying tehre too?

I am really hated. My purpose was to see if someone would try to fuck with the VCA, which would mean that scum were lying and therefore Cabd was town. My role before sort of implied a secondary roleblocker, hence me pushing those who hadn't claimed (see earlier posts) to claim, however I didn't think it through and realize that figuring out who was lying is a crapshoot and at best just means Cabd is town.

Are you going to still be hated in lylo/mylo? because that's problematic.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:14 pm

Post by shos »

In post 344, notscience wrote:I didn't like how that slot got townbinned for was essentially an emotional response in the same breath as LLD's was ignored (although granted, I agree with ignoring it but)

I also think him putting himself at the mercy of his townreads instead of just keeping it in his team makes me raise an eyebrow.

One is immediately before:
In post 315, Cephrir wrote:I checked if you were posting elsewhere, Cabd, and that is the only reason I'm not attempting to eviscerate you :P

It concerns me that I've been townbinned so quickly.
the other is one page before but WOW precisely the same words
In post 343, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 341, notscience wrote:reck what do you think of cabd's recent showing

Underwhelming but null

Idk I don't like how he swept Mollie into the town column off basicalky nothing

It doesn't even matter if the people are different, the fact is that it looks like you're trying to get on their good side
why did you use the word 'townbinned', and not say, townread, or anything more normal? coincidence?

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:14 pm

Post by shos »

^^^^this was a response to this
In post 598, notscience wrote:
In post 520, shos wrote:NS' 344 is not only parroting of multiple others but also actually uses the same words used by cephrir I think
That slot goes up the scum rank, I think.

Quote your proof, please.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:28 pm

Post by shos »

@604:
why is flipping from a mild townread based on 1 post to a mild scumread based on 1 post not possible on a town mindset?

I'm pretty sure that I was not *building up* to a scumread on you. in order to build up something you need to slowwwwly add a straw and another straw and another until you get a haysack and call it scum with it all together. I basically went through the thread and scumread you. this is not work of preparation, this is blatant scumreading.

testing the waters on one of the only two people liable to defend me

??????????????
huh
why is that
1. testing the waters
2. one of the only two people...
3. how comes there are only two people..
???
reasons to scumread me are flimsy and false

Let's test this, can anyone who is
not
NS find a single pont which is either flimsy or false?

and don't you think that you're a little reaching, saying that I am testing the waters on reck, who is one of the only two people who may defend you, after being coached by my teammates, who have said that this one and this one are the only ones etc? wouldn't it be more likely to say that I'm....townreading reck? as I have all game?

cut the shit. looks like you're going for a huge omgus which sucks ass in quality.

~~
How is that quote relevant to me scumreading you..?
That wagon grew fine on a good basis for scumreading katsuki. hence, I think that wagon is comprised of townies, most if not all. THEN, I look at who is on the wagon. that's a standalone read, regardless of what the people in the wagon have posted. how does it not make sense considering my earlier townreads, which are all not on the wagon, but Ceph, whose read was fitting to thsi read?

This looks like you setting yourself up to join kats wagon later and then push me tomorrow.

yup.
If I don't get traction on you, I will probably join the kats wagon, especially if DL appears close. no shame in that. and then, if you're still alive tomorrow, and nothing in flips changes my mind, I will probably push you again. that only makes sense, you know, pushing scumreads and all.

And then "lol havent voted better vote ns"

I don't understand how this is a logical thought pattern at all.

???
what is there not to understand in "I forgot to vote, so here, I vote"?? you know, votes are your tools in the game, it's only logical to use them.?

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:37 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 546, pirate mollie wrote:you tell my sister if she does not townread me in 5 minutes I am going to get weird on you and YOU are going to feel the brunt of it. cos there is no way she shld be having a hard time parsing my alignment in this game.

Tammy says she's not going to be bullied into giving you a town read if she's not feeling it yet. If you're town, she'll see it.

And she really wants to give some thoughts on shos.

------

Shos re: :

Its obvious you don't get it or you're choosing to intentially talk in circles around the point so I'm not sure arguing with you about it anymore is useful. I've made my point others can agree with me or not. I'll just say that of your options, neither of them is in my consideration at all, because your post was not actually useful. The fact that you think it was super useful and you want the conclusion to be seen as "town doing something useful" is exactly the reason why I had a problem with the post in the first place.

Back to the rest of what I wanted to say about :

In post 582, shos wrote:
I'm sorry, but when you're catching up you don't yet know what's going to prove useful and what isn't.
How would you expect me to work, then? just read up everything and go "oh NS is scum VOTE:"? what's the limit that says, "from here backwards it is useless"? 200 posts ago? 300? 272?

Regarding the bolded, PRECISELY! Which is why your method of "catching up" is so pointless if you're town, but so easy for scum to hide in. You're reacting to a single post at a time without context, and then you just change your mind on the next page if you need to. You're questioning things that you should know have already been talked about and answered. It gives the appearance of trying super hard to find scum "see look at all the things I'm questioning!!!" How many of your questions have you followed up on?

I do expect a town mindset when catching up is to read everything first and then put together a coherant thought with a single conclusion on a player.

In post 582, shos wrote:re: 242 - I dunno what I was thinking at the time precisely. I changed my mind again now, didn't I? or is that not allowed.?There are 100 posts, of with 23 are ceph's, between 123 and 242. I guess something made me think differently, dunno, maybe the fact that in that while ceph apparantly started scumreading me and voting me? That probably made me more critical of him, I guess? I dunno. I can't invent stuff for you and tell you what I was thinking last week. The fact is that I started rereading, and that caught my eye.

There's one thing you probably don't understand about metown - this goes for the argument above too. I'm going for full clarity as town, I practically spit out everything I think without thinking. Yes, you can claim that the noise/content ratio may become too high this way, but I think that if townies invest their time to the game, then the more they read the more fertile their thoughts can be. Not going to argue on theory. if you still think otherwise, I'll agree to disagree with you.

I have a hard time believing on one hand that your game theory is full clarity and spitting everything out because the more you spit out the more fertile your thoughts can be, and then on the other hand you tell me you can't remember what you were thinking that caused you to change your mind. So I guess this blows full clarity out of the water.

Inconsistency can be scum, inconsistency can be town. Its all dependant on context in specific situations.

In post 582, shos wrote:it's not a free card, no, but in most cases, when wagons, discussion, and all that shit happens on a missing player, it is probably led by scum, trying to take hold of the opportunity where they cannot respond and defend.

This is pretty much bullshit.

-----

In post 529, Cephrir wrote:Good catch.I was going to say that I will make catchup walls like that trying to flow through my thoughts as they would have been at the time, but I think that is a scum indicator for me now that I think about it.

Ceph this post didn't sit right with me. Your recent posting about shos is weird and not a good weird. You're not voting shos anymore and you think he's posting better. You're not telling me I'm wrong in anything I've posted about shos - in fact you're basically telling me good job. But you're also questioning kats for not reconsidering on shos based on his better posting.

Clear things up for me here, what are your current reads on shos, kats, me, and thoughts on my case on shos?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:40 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 596, shos wrote:btw lol
while trying to fall asleep it occurred to me tat I have not voted

VOTE: notscience

by the way this vote is pretty stupid, but I can't really see why scum would actually want to lynch notscience today or ever so...
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:42 am

Post by copper223 »

My gut is telling me shos is scum after reading his latest posts, it's like you are explaining to a pupil (NS) what he has done incorrectly without real conviction behind the statements. as if it's a matter of how it's dobe instead of him being wrong, I have checked back and there was sufficient defence for you to be part of a team, in particular Reck looked a bit awkward when pressed to give an accounting of why he thought shos might not have been scum here with his: taking potshots fron the sidelanes is not unusual but he then says it's null so it should not matter in order to read shos.

I am going to read your ISO tonight in detail.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:56 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 610, Rhinox wrote:
I do expect a town mindset when catching up is to read everything first and then put together a coherant thought with a single conclusion on a player.

shos seems an even less thoughtful player than I am, and I have never done this and don't plan to ever do this.

In post 610, Rhinox wrote:Clear things up for me here, what are your current reads on shos, kats, me, and thoughts on my case on shos?

conflicted/meh; scum; probably town; I need to read it again because dense arguments frequently lose me.
Bartleby the Scrivener
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:03 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 611, Rhinox wrote:

by the way this vote is pretty stupid, but I can't really see why scum would actually want to lynch notscience today or ever so...

to me it looks like a throwaway vote
whew!
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:18 am

Post by copper223 »

Seems like a vanity wagon to me, it's also a bit too consistent with his early game posting about PL'ing NS rather than Who if we have to PL someone.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:31 am

Post by shos »

re: 610
you want the conclusion to be seen as "town doing something useful"

Are you dense on purpose? the entire idea is that this is WRONG. I'm not posting to be seen, I'm posting something that I think might be useful. you can argue that whenever ANYONE does ANYTHING protown they "want to be seen as town", but this is crap, too.

so what you're expecting a townie to do is to do twice the work, yes? read up over 300 posts and remember by heart what you want to say, in order to not clog teh thread? that is just not going to happen. I have life, yaknow, even if it IS passover. which of my quesations "have already been answered"?

..bulshit
remind me to give you an example in 2 weeks or less.

and since it does look like nobody is even jerking off at NS' direction, I'll postpone this for tomorrow.
VOTE: Katsuki

@copper: you missed the fact that I didn't actually push for such a PL.

but talking about this..
@NS: you haven't answered to me if you're still hated in mylo/lylo.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:31 am

Post by shos »

That vote is L-2.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:32 am

Post by shos »

In post 614, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 611, Rhinox wrote:

to me it looks like a throwaway vote

And after looking at the VC, I kinda think yours and reck's are vain as well. or do you think cabd has a chance to go sometimes soon?

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:10 am

Post by notscience »

Not hated in lylo, nitpicking because I used a term I saw that was fresh in my mind and seemed to fit hte occasion, so that makes it buddying? That seems legit.
In post 607, shos wrote:It doesn't even matter if the people are different, the fact is that it looks like you're trying to get on their good side
why did you use the word 'townbinned', and not say, townread, or anything more normal? coincidence?

How the fuck does using the same term as someone aim to get on their good side
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:14 am

Post by copper223 »

@Shos
What is it with this game about interpreting other players posts randomly and then calling them out on the post not fitting said interpretation? Did I say you pushed the NS PL? Exactly.

The point is you already made a half enemy with that post about lynching NS so if you have to vote someone as scum when you are under pressure and don't want to OMGUS going for NS, who by the way is already scumreading you anyway, makes sense and I don't like it when you can see a possible narrative in what a player is doing.

@All
I don't like a Katsuki lynch, he was clearly softing a strong role, now there are 3 cases:
- He is scum, he has at most 2 days then the game is up.
- He is a strong role, a lynch would be terrible.
- He is baiting a NK as town, a lynch would be bad.

That's probably why he called this wagon stupid and I don't think it's smart to lynch soneobe that chose this line of play D1, let scum WIFOM or let him dig his own grave when we have more information to base our decisions on.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:25 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 620, copper223 wrote:The point is you already made a half enemy with that post about lynching NS so if you have to vote someone as scum when you are under pressure and don't want to OMGUS going for NS, who by the way is already scumreading you anyway, makes sense and I don't like it when you can see a possible narrative in what a player is doing.

Would you have expected him to have a better scumread given his posts at that point?

In post 620, copper223 wrote:@All
I don't like a Katsuki lynch, he was clearly softing a strong role, now there are 3 cases:
- He is scum, he has at most 2 days then the game is up.
- He is a strong role, a lynch would be terrible.
- He is baiting a NK as town, a lynch would be bad.

Why would the game be up? Plenty of strong roles can be faked forever. I don't think he's an absolute moron, so I feel comfortable discounting option 2.

In post 620, copper223 wrote:That's probably why he called this wagon stupid and I don't think it's smart to lynch soneobe that chose this line of play D1, let scum WIFOM or let him dig his own grave when we have more information to base our decisions on.

Well, I happen to think he called it stupid because he was "caught for the wrong reasons"
Bartleby the Scrivener
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:26 am

Post by notscience »

btw
to see the validity of shos's read

Step 1: Go back to where cabd came back, and was talking about herding children or something like that.

Read up until post 344, where shos said I parroted others and use the same words as ceph

Do I parrot anyone?

I do use the same words, does that make any sense in terms of alignment?

Thank you, have a nice day.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:27 am

Post by notscience »

It's only like 2 pages and none of them were long posts.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor