Shell Game (Day 4)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #6050 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 6:14 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Scum can steal cop shots in addition to fruit? Can marci confirm if she lost both or just her fruit
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6051 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 6:14 pm

Post by wolfbae »

In post 6045, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 6043, wolfbae wrote: I literally do not care

you can cook up any explanation ex post facto, none of it is meaningful whatsoever
I don't expect anyone to just take my word for it, but like... actually look at the timing of when I was pushing cakez vs the existance of the brain wagon, and how I engaged with the cakez push as brian became a wagon, instead of simply opening my iso and hitting "ctrl+f" and searching for brian and cakez.
In post 6046, Lukewarm wrote: I am saying that I really think that your suspicion only makes sense if you start at my iso out side of the context of when my posts were made.
I do not care

whining to me does nothing and telling me I need to check the context is spectacularly unconvincing

you are not going to be my problem to solve this game. that'll be for others to figure out, but I think you should be POE.

You want to clear yourself, then actually find scum
super secret alt
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #6052 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 6:16 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 6051, wolfbae wrote: I do not care
okay.
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6053 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 6:17 pm

Post by wolfbae »

In post 6049, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 6047, wolfbae wrote: I'm not outing my Night 2 target because scum have a thief
That is why I said there should be a pool.

The person who got the cop shot can know they got it, but no one else would.

Hell, you can make the pool as big as you want, so long as you don't overlap with the people other inventors actually gave theirs to.

"If any of these 9 people" have a cop shot, they should use it as [an invest, a calibration shot].
I made the pools last night using an entirely random order. There were 9 valid targets.

I went in alphabetical order so marci got 3 and everyone else got 2, although I guess Sunflower used his cop shot.

I'm not outing a 50/50.
super secret alt
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #6054 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 6:18 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 6053, wolfbae wrote:
In post 6049, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 6047, wolfbae wrote: I'm not outing my Night 2 target because scum have a thief
That is why I said there should be a pool.

The person who got the cop shot can know they got it, but no one else would.

Hell, you can make the pool as big as you want, so long as you don't overlap with the people other inventors actually gave theirs to.

"If any of these 9 people" have a cop shot, they should use it as [an invest, a calibration shot].
I made the pools last night using an entirely random order. There were 9 valid targets.

I went in alphabetical order so marci got 3 and everyone else got 2, although I guess Sunflower used his cop shot.

I'm not outing a 50/50.
Then you... should not have outed this methodology...
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #6055 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 6:19 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

If scum is in the hood, they already know your 50/50.

If it is a traitor in the hood, then you could have asked marci to give you 1 name you did not use, and then you would have had a pool of 3.

Yours is the only one that is having progress made on it.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #6056 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 6:20 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

You could have also thrown in a couple names off your 9 name list for good measure.
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6057 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 6:22 pm

Post by wolfbae »

I'm banking on no groupscum communication, if they know then oh well w/e

like it doesn't help the rest of you to know that info

GN
super secret alt
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #6058 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 6:29 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

My point is that it makes the difference on where someone should aim tonight. So it helps *anyone who got a cop shot* know what to do.

Although, I guess we could say that if firebagel aimed at csf, a mason, or morph, ALL cops received last night should be a non-calibration shot. This would allow us to keep progressing on sorting Marci's and wolfbae's without outing anything.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #6059 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 6:34 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 6058, Lukewarm wrote: My point is that it makes the difference on where someone should aim tonight. So it helps *anyone who got a cop shot* know what to do.

Although, I guess we could say that if firebagel aimed at csf, a mason, or morph, ALL cops received last night should be a non-calibration shot. This would allow us to keep progressing on sorting Marci's and wolfbae's without outing anything.
I like this more after a second of thought, but it does require bagel to tell us if they did a calibration shot or not before we can commit.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #6060 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 6:45 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 5905, Firebagel wrote: I don't understand the marci fruit stealing thing. How does her fruit getting stolen also tell her that invention stuff was stolen? And it wasn't clear whether that was the invention she received or the one she was trying to give out?

I have no intention of voting Sunflower and the amount of people expressing similar opinions now, when morph is gone, bothers me. Y'all are more talkative than me, where was your disagreement yesterday? Same for the newfound willingness to suspect Dragons. :P Gypyx/Dragons especially, feels really theatery.
Do you still think i scumslipped yesterday?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6061 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 10:45 pm

Post by Sunflower »

my general view of the game outside the dethy is something like this

i think dann is town. i got shaken on that a tiny bit yesterday but i think generally he has played with a town mindset and hasn't really done any of the things that he would want to accomplish here as scum

shello i think felt towny early and then hasn't as much lately. i sort of tend to hope that ydra and skitter between themselves would have like a little more at least to their read on me but i guess i can't really expect to deserve a townread even if i want one. still lean town. kinda want to ask them to talk about their read on me just so to hear what they have to say even though they'll probably just say shrug poe which is fair i guess

oblivion feels like town to me? it generally comes across as uninformed and like it's trying to do its own thing rather than influence or gain allies. particularly the last point i guess. it doesn't feel like it cares greatly how it is seen by people and i read that as town, having looked at both of its past games

gypyx, firebagel, and penguin are all slots where my gut wants to call them town for various minor reasons but it's not really something that i would strongly argue and i wouldn't be surprised to be wrong on any of them

firebringer and cat scratch fever have been hard for me to place all game. csf i have just never really seen the towniness that i think shows up when she is town but apparently other people do see it and so idk! they're probably right! firebringer i think i simply don't know how to read because i don't understand why he does the things he does. his stubbornness on the mason thing felt kinda like a thing he did when we were scum together in a marathon game. it also feels really unlikely to get him anywhere here. but he's probably the type to try it

i think there's 1 scum in spiffeh/luke/dunn. not really sure who, y'all can figure that out. leaning towards only 1 at this moment but there's been times where i've thought it was 2

i think of the like, traditionally scummy slots, the one i suspect most is cakez? i might just hate the "everyone knows sunflower is scum" rhetoric but that also is the kind of hard stance that i think you tend to see more from scum!cakez. pooky+morph death i feel like leans towards this also

gamestate read given morph town i think is that scum aren't dominantly leading the game but are likely to be on the outskirts of towncore keeping things moving but staying mostly under the radar as far as suspicion on them

:blossom:
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #6062 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 10:52 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 6061, Sunflower wrote: i think there's 1 scum in spiffeh/luke/dunn. not really sure who, y'all can figure that out. leaning towards only 1 at this moment but there's been times where i've thought it was 2
why that PoE specifically?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #6063 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 12:33 am

Post by marcistar »

I think both the attacks on luke and lukes defense do nothing for me imo. So boring!
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #6064 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 12:33 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 6050, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: Scum can steal cop shots in addition to fruit? Can marci confirm if she lost both or just her fruit
Both
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6065 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 12:46 am

Post by Spiffeh »

The answer is one

You get one Day of basking in obvTown bliss after pushing through a scum wagon before everyone starts to turn on you
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #6066 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 12:47 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 6065, Spiffeh wrote: The answer is one

You get one Day of basking in obvTown bliss after pushing through a scum wagon before everyone starts to turn on you
What
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6067 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 1:09 am

Post by Spiffeh »

All of Day 2 people were content to let me unsuccessfully push Sunflower when Experience was an easy redirect and mis-elimination and barely mentioned me whatsoever. I come into toDay doing basically the same thing and there's just a lot more resistance to listening to me or accepting me as Town in general because of a ton of (imo) bad faith arguments?

Gypyx has held me as her strongest scum read forever without explanation but has done nothing about it other than calling me scum relentlessly
wolfbae says I have no WIM and there is no depth to my posts
Dannflor calls my view of the game state wild
Firebagel questions why there's so many town reads on me
STD has me as his third lowest read despite town reading (?) me throughout the game
I am now in Sunflower's seemingly lowest tier they are saying contains one or two scum

As self-involved as it is, I can't help but feel this sudden negativity towards me is being used as a tool to discredit and throw me back into the mis-elimination pool. Obviously not all of these players are scum, STD and wolfbae are confirmed town if Sunflower flips scum, and I am townreading Gypyx overall. I'm just left wondering where this energy was yesterDay when Experience felt like an inevitability and everyone was happy to pile on?

marci be honest, who his poisoning your neighborhood against me? Because as far as I can tell none of them were scum reading me yesterDay and that has clearly shifted.

I also want to know why so many people are townreading Dann because he's my strongest scum read outside of Sunflower at this point.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6068 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 1:14 am

Post by Spiffeh »

And yes the above is incredibly ego-driven (shocker) but I find it easiest to form reads based on how people are treating me and something just feels off
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6069 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 1:18 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 5809, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 5792, wolfbae wrote: There's just zero depth of thought to anything you are posting.
Can you explain when you came to this conclusion? From what I recall you were basically cheering me on regarding my Sunflower case Day 2 despite disagreeing with it and you were praising me for my Brian push Day 1.

I understand at the end of Day 2 I was fairly absent, but Day 3 literally started midnight my time and I've been working ever since I've gotten up this morning so have only been able to pop in to the thread here and there. Your complaints about my WIM and having zero depth don't really jive with how you treated me on Day 2.

Was it really the one post you called wolfy?

Ok now I'm gone for real
wolfbae I would like a response to this.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6070 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 1:35 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 5950, Oblivion wrote: Like... correct it if you feel differently but it really views this game and the way yesterday went as the ultimate manipulation of a bunch of ego driven players who love their intelligences and egos stroked and their final reads heard... who were all lead wrong and astray and now we're following through on the second half of that outcome.
Who do you think is doing this maliciously? There's a lot of doom and gloom from you about the game state but not much naming names on who you feel is leading us astray intentionally. I see your scum read on wolfbae and that's fine but I wouldn't really say that wolfbae fits into what you're describing above, so please tell us who fits that bill.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6071 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 1:45 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 5955, wolfbae wrote: I would hope that if Sunflower is town we all decide morph and spiffeh are washed and let someone else get a turn to drive
I'm washed regardless of the accuracy of my reads this game!
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6072 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 1:50 am

Post by Shello and Goodbye »

In post 6045, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 6043, wolfbae wrote: I literally do not care

you can cook up any explanation ex post facto, none of it is meaningful whatsoever
I don't expect anyone to just take my word for it, but like... actually look at the timing of when I was pushing cakez vs the existance of the brain wagon, and how I engaged with the cakez push as brian became a wagon, instead of simply opening my iso and hitting "ctrl+f" and searching for brian and cakez.
Fwiw i'm also kinda meh abt how you interacted with those wagons - i remember p distinctly that you were trying to get me onto cakez

~ s
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6073 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 1:53 am

@sunflower r.e. our read on you:

Kind of coming down to shrug poe, coupled with no reason to townread you but reasons to townread other people in the hood, coupled with general lack of solving + drive to try to get it right (i.e. see how you behaved in kemusan at the very end of pairing) coupled with the weird resistance that's popping up to voting you
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6074 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 1:56 am

Like i agree with spiffeh - yesterday people were kind of meh between sunflower and experience - i don't remember there being a lot of resistance or anti-sunflower-poe sentiment

Today *after* experience flipped town there's a lot of pushback. Admittedly maybe yesterday people weren't pushing back b/c they were content to vote experience and didn't want to push sunflower, but i don't remember so many people expressing that pov

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”