Micro 544: A Midnight Sun, Part 2 ~game over~

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

The game's been going on for weeks.

Like, walk my through your thoughts, as best you can please, in detail.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:40 pm

Post by Suzune »

Sure, I can do it in a few hours. I'm waiting on a guest. But I will run you through anything.
Delenn
Delenn
Goon
Delenn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:26 pm

Post by Delenn »

In post 670, Jin and Mugen wrote:I'm going to ask Suz/Yakko to claim first. Edgar next.

Mine is basically ridiculously crumbed throughout the whole thread, and my thought process ought to be pretty obvious, so I'm intending to be last.

Ok that's fine. I asked to be last because we sorta claimed.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:26 pm

Post by Suzune »

I want to apologize up from if this post is overly emotional. I am having kind of a bad day and my emotions have decided to be irrational about it, so if this is over emotion heavy, know i posted because I promised. I needed one thing to go right, so I posted. :)

I am not very involved in this game. I will not lie to you. Early game I had too many games on the burner and because I cannot turn back on something I said, put my self in the position to juggle them. This is not a "have pity on me" sort of thing, rather it is a "know you understand" kind of thing. I did it to myself so I would have to pay the consequences of it. That means, regretfully that two games suffered. This was one of them. I tried to be as active as possible, however, I was reminded that Jin and Mugen just did not believe they were up to par again and again.

On to the game, my thoughts about this had been all over. I have to admit that it was so nice last game being mafia because that gave me a perspective in which to view the game. Being town this time was really hard. I found it hard to tell with all the hydra who was posting, what people where thinking, it was as thought everyone was playing in secret. As one of the few people not a hydra, I found the game hard to read. Some voices blended so well together that I associated them as one person, some it was hard to understand. LQ and Vyse, I associated as LQ because all the posts sounded like them in my opinion. And I read all of Kling's posts in Titus's voice, and all of Iron Giant's in Shiro's. This is poor play but it was the only way I could deal with all the associations. The firebringer/vedith combination were difficult to understand because I could not associate one person to the entire hydra.

I want to be clear that I think you are a good player, even if I did not associate you as the face of the hydra. I just needed some way to keep my little notes clear and orderly and to keep from getting confused. Alas, I did become confused after a while. This made it hard for me to understand the game. I realized in 228 that I was not being as helpful as I could be and that I was the sole person pushing the train and unlikely to help if I stayed fixated in that opinion. So I marked my old vote with a star and decided to figure out what everyone was seeing.

For a brief moment, I saw a window when Jin and Mugan were trying to manipulate the incoming slot into voting one way or another. I thought there was no way that a townie would do that, a townie would want a clean assessment. A townie would want to know if their feelings were validated without suggesting they were the only option. It was at this point that my feelings for Jin and Mugen began to slide away from town. They could not understand why I would feel that way, they acted like I was being unreasonable. I wish I had pushed it more to be honest but I had a project for work and we needed a compromise lynch in order to end the day. So it ended up being the crossroads between I want to push this and we need a lynch. However, we were never able to circle back to it because something new happened.

I realised after looking back through my posts that I answered a lot of the questions that were asked of me long ago. But the whole concept of arsonists took off. However, it seemed to come from no where. To be fair, I was playing under the feeling that this game was just like the other one. So it never crossed my mind that we would have arsonists. I put a plural because duppin did claim to be an arsonist too or at least to have gasoline. However in hindsight, this conversation really came out of now where and was participated in by three people Edgar, Delann and myself asking questions. Everyone else either skidded around it or jumped on at the tale end. Looking back this is kind of odd. I mean the conversation and the claims of being fireproof and whatnot started here and it was this conversation that ended up getting duppin in trouble. To me that strikes me as odd, but it was not until Iron died by fire and Edgar did that that I realized the problem. Where did this conversation start? Why did it start? Was it relevant that one several people were involved.

This is where i am right now Jin and Mugan. If something requires clarification let me know. Also what does PoE stand for? Point of Evidence, at first I assumed person of interest but that is the wrong letters.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

Hey, Suz. Vyse here.

I just want to say, first off, please don't take anything I say in-game too seriously. I try to avoid being insulting and like period, because I believe that stuff is...not constructive, to put it very nicely. I want to be able to laugh with you at the end of the game, whether you fooled me, or I fooled you, or maybe we were on the same team all along. However, I may be aggressive, at least from an in-game perspective.

I view you as a pretty cool person, and I very much understand RL coming first. I hope things go better for you, and you

This isn't a pity post, in case there's any doubt. This is me legitimately trying to say I very much understand how this stuff can effect the game, and I just want you to know, there's nothing personal in any of my posts, towards you or anyone else.

When I push you, that's because you're someone who I find challenging to read, and regrettably, it's easiest to read you when I catch you off balance & 'bully' you a little, if you'll pardon the term. I'm particularly off-balance myself, because Titus's claim threw me for a loop, as you may have noticed, and I want to understand the game state as a whole. This makes your slot vitally important to read from my PoV.

I'm going to take some time to process my thoughts before going much further into this. I'm certainly not placing a vote until Edgar and Yakko have claimed, and I'm going to ask LQ to do the same.

I'm...not entirely sure what you mean by pressuring the incoming slot. I may have to check back to that point in the game, because that sounds like LQ's style to me. (And no offense! I'm not a very easy person to read in many respects myself, I've noticed, and I certainly don't mind too much you mistaking me having a gutread for my partner having one. (I'll point out I use slightly stiff, and semi-consistent style of language, and that's probably the best way of reading me.))

(PoE typically mean Process of Elimination.)
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:58 pm

Post by Suzune »

Vyse, you have done nothing wrong. Sometimes happened in my real life, that was probably not a big deal, but it hit a weak spot from my past and made me super emotional. I greatly enjoy playing with you too.

post 306If you start here you can see what I mean about pressuring an incoming slot.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:01 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

FYI, the claim order right now is Edgar, then Yakko.

Then I'll claim.

And apparently Delenn has something else to add after that?
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:04 pm

Post by Edgar Allan Pro »

Apologies for not being around. I've been a total turd.
I think Yakko is scum, by the by.
I guess that's the easy choice.
As far as claims go;
We are Marnie Decci.
We have a single match that we can strike at any time to light anyone doused in gasoline and kill them. Now that I think about it, this may actually be targeted rather than an ability that sets fire to everyone doused. Huh. Regardless, my partner and I both resolved never to use it, since we couldn't control the priming part of the kill.
We also have two blank 'ghost' tapes that allows us to send a message to a player after we die.
We are a 'Passive Human', which I think makes us town.
We were doused in gasoline on November 16th.
Someone threw a bucket of water on us on November 18th, which made the gasoline wash away.

If Jin/Mugen are scum, I think we lose, because I'm not ever going to endorse a wagon there.
Anyway, that's about it.
Hope that helps.
Apologies again for being so absent,
-Varsoon
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:42 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

In post 680, Suzune wrote:Vyse, you have done nothing wrong. Sometimes happened in my real life, that was probably not a big deal, but it hit a weak spot from my past and made me super emotional. I greatly enjoy playing with you too.

post 306If you start here you can see what I mean about pressuring an incoming slot.

Suzune. That post was mine. As aggressive as Vyse is sometimes, I can be much more of an actual bully. Know that is not at all that I think less of the person in doing so. We are playing a game where psychological effects can tell us something about a player and I attempt to use that to my advantage where I can. I am not a monster. I am actually a very deep feeling person irl, but I just am a bit ruthless sometimes in this game. Again, I have to say that it is not at all that I think less of the person in any way shape or form. I am not someone who believes themmself to be superior to anyone, I want to make that clear.

As an aside, I do enjoy playing with you a lot; you have a very pleasant demeanor.

~Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:16 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

@MOD - Is the sample PM in the OP in the game, the same way the sample PMS from the last game were active ones?

AKA, should we consider it mod confirmed that there is a reviver in this game?
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:38 am

Post by hi im Yakko »

Lynched mohis because he was scum. Maybhave been impatient with it. Jin seemed pretty confident. So I was too. Their post at me saying awe shucks was basically saying you got us. Was suprised at their flip. Were you suprised jin?

I was given a match day 1. Let me look at the deets.
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:56 am

Post by hi im Yakko »

I'm zeke waites passive human.
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:39 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

"Yeah, it was her voice that shook us out of our fever, stayed the hand of violence. But she didn't really save anyone in the end did she."

"That depends on your definition of saved."

hi im Yakko
(1)
- Delenn

Not Voting: Edgar Allan Pro, Jin and Mugen, Suzune, hi im Yakko

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
(expired on 2015-12-05 10:50:10)

In post 684, Jin and Mugen wrote:
@MOD - Is the sample PM in the OP in the game, the same way the sample PMS from the last game were active ones?

AKA, should we consider it mod confirmed that there is a reviver in this game?

Yes the sample PM is confirmed to be in the game, just like the last game.
Delenn
Delenn
Goon
Delenn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:41 am

Post by Delenn »

We are the water bucket. Water can only put out a fire within 24 hours of it being triggered.

We faked a one shot fire suit. Klingon threw the bucket thinking that EAP was attacked. My timing questions were to figure out where it was useful.

We had a one shot water bucket. I think EAP is conftown because scum would murder EAP or Jin if they had a shot to win.

Klingon and I both tend to favor eifoming bp/doc in a town manner.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:39 am

Post by Jin and Mugen »

HOW DID I MISS THAT MOHIS WAS OLIVIA?!!??!?!?!

>_<

~Jin(Vyse)
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:40 am

Post by Jin and Mugen »

You guys should Revive Iron Giant, since you have a shot during death.

Thank you.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:57 am

Post by Jin and Mugen »

So, I'm just going to say I'm talking a little with the Iron Giant via tape. (Well, it's a one-sided conversation anyway, given that the tapes are one way, and unsigned, but given that he stole the only scum tapes available, I doubt Town is pretending to be him.)

He thinks it's Yakko/Edgar.

I'm starting to believe it has to come from the pool of Yakko/Edgar/Suz.

Suz is coming across as scary sincere, and while I know she can do a lot of that as scum, there's specific stuff in there that leads me to believe otherwise is the case. I'm not 100% confident, but I'm trending away from scumreading her. I hope she can stay a bit active though, please.

I don't find myself fond of Delenn's play, largely due to the quietness of the Titus head. I tried to annoy her a bit - I figured doubting her claim openly would at least do the trick - and she didn't bite. I'm not entirely thrilled with this.

However, Town needs more protective roles, and their claim makes an annoying amount of sense. I'm also okay with Klingon's play to at least some degree.

Edgar hasn't really done much since the beginning, when I was okay with him. (Which would be very ironic.)
Yakko is not pinging me hard one way or another, but MME (his predecessor) did a bit, and if Delenn is Town, that removes what leniancy I was giving MME's post beforehand. :/

I'm starting to agree with IG to at least some extent, with my one point of difference being that I don't completely trust Suzune at the moment. (Again, nothing personal, Suz. Not only have you burned me once, you come across much the same as a very good friend of mine, and she constantly slips past my radar. I have to be tough on reading you, if I want to be accurate. With skill comes a price, you wily evil person you. :P )

TBH, I'm not voting right now because I haven't been happy with the state of my reads since Soren died. I'm leaning Yakko, but...hrm.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:05 am

Post by Jin and Mugen »

Delenn cannot be scum unless Edgar is, and probably isn't even if he is.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:05 am

Post by Jin and Mugen »

Or at least, it's exceedingly unlikely.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:13 am

Post by Jin and Mugen »

To be honest, I think the ghost tapes are a really cool idea, and much better implemented than the original tapes in MS #1. Kudos to the mod.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:14 am

Post by Jin and Mugen »

In post 688, Delenn wrote:We are the water bucket. Water can only put out a fire within 24 hours of it being triggered.

According to EAP, he was put out on the 18th. The fire was triggered on the 21st - the mod posted multiple hours before Iron Giant's death in , meaning Iron Giant was doused & lit in quick succession over that period of time.

This would imply that one of you is lying, wouldn't it?
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:14 am

Post by Jin and Mugen »

~Vyse for all these last few posts.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Jin and Mugen »

I'm going to let Delenn clarify anything if needed before my vote, but...yeah.

I'm really starting to think IG is right.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 683, Jin and Mugen wrote:Suzune. That post was mine. As aggressive as Vyse is sometimes, I can be much more of an actual bully. Know that is not at all that I think less of the person in doing so. We are playing a game where psychological effects can tell us something about a player and I attempt to use that to my advantage where I can. I am not a monster. I am actually a very deep feeling person irl, but I just am a bit ruthless sometimes in this game. Again, I have to say that it is not at all that I think less of the person in any way shape or form. I am not someone who believes themmself to be superior to anyone, I want to make that clear.

As an aside, I do enjoy playing with you a lot; you have a very pleasant demeanor.

I feel like I made everyone feel bad for some reason. That was not my intention, real life bruised my emotions not mafia. Mafia is kind of my hideaway and escape. I actually think that neither of you are a bully. I got overwhelmed in the real world and someone made a comment that was the equivlent of a backhand. So I took it really personally and had a huge meltdown. So, please I love you both and enjoy your company. And yes, I know that post was yours, but I still do not like it.

In post 688, Delenn wrote:We are the water bucket. Water can only put out a fire within 24 hours of it being triggered.

We faked a one shot fire suit. Klingon threw the bucket thinking that EAP was attacked. My timing questions were to figure out where it was useful.

This might be a moderator timing thing, but if you were doused on the 16 and got wet on the 18th, then there is no way that there was only a very small window to use the water. So either you got really lucky, or you lied.
Delenn
Delenn
Goon
Delenn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:42 pm

Post by Delenn »

In post 695, Jin and Mugen wrote:

According to EAP, he was put out on the 18th. The fire was triggered on the 21st - the mod posted multiple hours before Iron Giant's death in , meaning Iron Giant was doused & lit in quick succession over that period of time.

This would imply that one of you is lying, wouldn't it?

The implication is wrong and it must be by common sense. Same with Delenn's. The timing questions were for me to get at the bottom of things. Scum had to have lit EAP on fire within 24 hours of our dousing (see my questions). So that means scum targeted him soon after hearing his claim but before Klingon submitted the action.

If any other result was true, scum would have already ignited and won the game since the setup says they have two shots unless I am wrong.

So the question is, how were we right?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”