Mini 488 - Killings in Clich├®-town - Game Over!

Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

End of Day Five Votecount:

Kison - 3
-
(Korlash, Jenter, ChronX,)

Jenter - 1 -
(Kison)

The day is long, and no one feels like listening to what Kison has to say. The three other members of Cliché-Town get together and drag him to the gallows, struggling all the way. Finally the four arrive and begin to tie the noose. Right before it is slipped over Kison’s head, he cries out “Forgive me Godfather! I have failed you!” Then Kison spoke no more, and was left to swing. As was apparent from his speech, the town discovers that Kison was a Mafia goon.

Kison,
Mafia Goon
, lynched Day Five.

Kison was the last of the Guardiani Syndicate. The Mafia has been eliminated from Cliché-Town, and the town has won! Well done, more coming in a minute.
I play the games rul gud.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:40 pm

Post by Kison »

Good game.

Guardian and I should've switched the role-claim to me. I didn't realize it until it was too late. :-(
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:41 pm

Scum:

Mafia godfather
- Guardian (replacement for IH)
Role PM wrote: You are the Godfather, head of all Mafia operations in Cliché-town. Your Roleblocker is Eyceking, and your Goon is hand banana. Each night, you may PM your fellow Mafia members and decide on who you wish to kill. Then you will send in the name of whom you are killing, as well as which Mafia member who is doing the deed. Remember though, the Roleblocker may not kill and block in the same night. In addition to your other abilities, you will appear innocent to cop investigations. You win when the only remaining players are Mafia, or when nothing can prevent this. The game will start in night. Please confirm via PM.
Mafia role blocker
- Bookitty (replacement for poppinpuffin, replacement for Eyceking)
Role PM wrote: You are the Mafia Roleblocker. Your Godfather is IH, and your fellow Mafia member is Handbanana. Each night, you may PM your fellow Mafia members and decide on who you wish to kill. The Godfather will send in the kill. If the Godfather has been eliminated, you may send in the kill. In addition to your normal Mafia role, you are also a Roleblocker. Once per night you may block one player, so that their night action does not go through. Remember though, the Roleblocker may not kill and block in the same night. You win when the only remaining players are Mafia, or when nothing can prevent this. The game will start in night. Please confirm via PM.
Mafia goon
- Kison (replacement for Hand banana)
Role PM wrote: You are a Mafia Goon, the lowest member of the Mafia. Your Godfather is IH, and the Mafia Roleblocker is Eyceking. Each night, you may PM your fellow Mafia members and decide on who you wish to kill. Godfather will send in the kill. If the Godfather and Roleblocker have both been eliminated, you may send in the kill. You win when the only remaining players are Mafia, or when nothing can prevent this. The game will start in night. Please confirm via PM.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Town:

Doctor
- Vollkan (replacement for slash)
Role PM wrote:You are the Doctor. Each night, you may select one person to protect from night kills. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. The game will start in night. Please confirm via PM.
Cop
- The Fonz (replacement for Head_Honcho)
Role PM wrote:You are the Cop. Each night, you may choose one player to investigate, in order to discover their alignment. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. The game will start in night. Please confirm via PM.
(2) Masons
- Jenter Brolincani and FaerieLord
Role PM wrote:You are a mason. Your fellow mason is ____. You know each other to be innocent. At night, you may PM each other and discuss the game. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. The game will start in night. Please confirm via PM.
(5) Vanilla Townies
- D3sisted, ChronX (replacement for SPAG, replacement for Ekto), Paradoxombie (replacement for kirbyphreak), Adel (replacement for Gatorguy91, replacement for TheDeepFriedNinja), and Korlash (replacement for The Central Scrutinizer, replacement for trumpezia)
Role PM wrote:You are a vanilla townie. You have your words and your vote as your weapons. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. The game will start in night. Please confirm via PM.

Thank you so much to all of the replacements in this game. I'm pretty sure we broke a record. But had it not been for the willingness of several players this game couldve well been abandoned.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:44 pm

Kison wrote:Good game.

Guardian and I should've switched the role-claim to me. I didn't realize it until it was too late. :-(
Thats one of the things I wanted to comment on. That was probably the biggest scum mistake. However, the cop ended up being more useful to town then I intended due to the early death of the mafia roleblocker, so it wouldve been hard to pull out anyhow. Good play on the town's part though.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:04 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I really liked playing with you guys in the brief time I had in this game. Well played by town.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:21 pm

Post by ChronX »

Good game, hooray town. My first "live" win here at MS.

I think Fonz deserves Townie of the Game. The Cop really has to be above and beyond to stand out enough to be the townmember of note, but Fonz played very well. I think his claim was very well timed, and convincing. He also weighed in on important matters with sound logic a few times.

Jenter held up well under the pressure of the mafia-mason accusations. What a bad twist of fate to have lost his masonic brethren before anyone could post anything, and then linger under that cloud of suspicion all game, only to be alive at the end. His early play was a bit scummy, but he settled down and played cool calm and convincing at the end.

Adel's play was really poor in this game, much worse than I've seen out of her elsewhere.

However, Guardian really took the cake. Overly confident in his immunity from investigation I think, he really came across as arrogant and smugly guilty. I meta'd him at some point and he doesn't play like that usually...I understand he was pressed into duty for this game, and maybe he didn't have time to give it his best. Regardless, the claim really made me spotlight his earlier play and then I came back to his mix up over his "results". Poor. He did nearly get it back together enough to sow dissent among the town just by repeating suspcions of everyone over and over...but he really made it hard for Kison to survive today as a result. Shortsighted. I also think someone who mods games on the site should have more class than to talk in twilight in direct opposition to this mod's stated wishes. But hey, in the end justice prevailed.

I would like to make my editorial pitch here that we prevailed despite the brisk pace of the last day. Too much analysis leads to paralysis, people. I would urge you all to play the game somewhere where there are much tighter time limits (2 weeks for day 1 and then a week thereafter works well for global participants)...there are less abandonments, and people have to use their logical skills much more strenuously. You can't allow yourself to fiddle around and give the mafia opportunities to redirect strong cases....as Guardian nearly did. We had him dead to rights, and ended up with 2 townies bashing each other for about a dozen posts. Kison clearly wished for more time in his post-lynch post.

Thanks very much to Elias for running the game and for persevering through the adversity of many abandonments.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:30 pm

ChronX wrote: Jenter held up well under the pressure of the mafia-mason accusations. What a bad twist of fate to have lost his masonic brethren before anyone could post anything, and then linger under that cloud of suspicion all game, only to be alive at the end. His early play was a bit scummy, but he settled down and played cool calm and convincing at the end.
That reminds me, I wanted to apologize for putting "innocent" mason, for the added confusion and suspicion on Jenter. I'll be sure to be more careful with my wording next time I mod (which will be very soon, a large normal).
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:47 pm

Post by Guardian »

I can't speak to why it happened, but the mafia NK just before I replaced in was a horrible kill.

Also, I can't believe I wasn't investigated after hammering Adel. Kudos to Fonz on that.

After I wasn't, I should have "tracked" Kison; just he and I planned that I'd track Jenter. Oh well, my fault for getting lynched.

ChronX, there's such a thing as being a sore winner.

Well done town.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:25 pm

Post by Kison »

ChronX wrote:Kison clearly wished for more time in his post-lynch post.
Not really. I knew I was more than likely fucked no matter what. :-) Just hoped to make you think you made the wrong move for a moment!
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:39 pm

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:44 pm

Post by vollkan »

Good game all
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:37 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Bookitty wrote:I really liked playing with you guys in the brief time I had in this game. Well played by town.
The funny thing is, HH had targetted you N1. I have to confess I didn't quite understand what the heck was going on when I saw I was replacing a cop who'd had two different results and hadn't claimed.
ChronX wrote:Good game, hooray town. My first "live" win here at MS.

Jenter held up well under the pressure of the mafia-mason accusations. What a bad twist of fate to have lost his masonic brethren before anyone could post anything, and then linger under that cloud of suspicion all game, only to be alive at the end. His early play was a bit scummy, but he settled down and played cool calm and convincing at the end.
I think the turning point of the game was when Jenter pointed out that for Guardian to be telling the truth required GF-RB-Scum mason. That's an unprecedented level of scum power for a mini. Though I still don't get quite why Jenter was so set on disbelieving the claim.
Elias_the_thief wrote: That reminds me, I wanted to apologize for putting "innocent" mason, for the added confusion and suspicion on Jenter. I'll be sure to be more careful with my wording next time I mod (which will be very soon, a large normal).
It may not have been intended, but I don't think implying the possibility of a scum mason was unbalancing. It helped the scum, but I don't think we'd have had much of a game had it not.
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:47 pm

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

The Fonz wrote:
ChronX wrote:Good game, hooray town. My first "live" win here at MS.

I think the turning point of the game was when Jenter pointed out that for Guardian to be telling the truth required GF-RB-Scum mason. That's an unprecedented level of scum power for a mini. Though I still don't get quite why Jenter was so set on disbelieving the claim.

Um... for it to be true I had to be scum, which I wasn't?
My townie of the match would be Korlash, he was more than sensible for the most part and was probably the best arguer and decider in the lategame.

I do play a crap early game, I'm noted for it. when it gets to the endgame I'm much more collected wether I'm own or scum.

But well done folks, and 2-0 Gurdian... :lol:
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:29 pm

Post by Korlash »

Jenter wrote: My townie of the match would be Korlash, he was more than sensible for the most part and was probably the best arguer and decider in the lategame.
WOOT!

Thats all I have to say about that... >.>

Nice... I'm glad this game ended fast enough to extend my winning streak a bit... I am afraid I have another game in the works I am sure to lsoe any day now :(

So yeah... great game and stuff... weird ending...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:01 am

Post by Kison »

BTW, me calling Jenter a Goon was NOT me trying to be sneaky.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:23 am

Post by Adel »

I guess i was very very wrong about Jenter being scum. As a vanilla townie, once there was a wagon of decent strength on me I was willing to take it. I felt that I could've argued my way out of it, but only at the risk of the next wagon outing the doctor. I felt that taking the lynch without outing the doctor would give the cop at least one, and hopefully two, additional investigations.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:52 am

Post by Korlash »

Kison wrote:BTW, me calling Jenter a Goon was NOT me trying to be sneaky.
I know. It's just I would really have believed you had you actually shown you truly believed him to be a scum mason. It's just one of those things you don't think matters but it does every now and then.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:46 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Jenter Brolincani wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

Um... for it to be true I had to be scum, which I wasn't?
I meant mine, not Guardian's.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:38 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”