Open 463: Black Flag Nightless (Game Over)

Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Arthur's tone is off. He feels like he's trying to play to his town meta, but is coming off forced.

He doesn't feel like a fellow townie, who is asking the question of someone who's answer he would respect. He's trying to assert some sort of dominance and it's coming off awkward.

I wanted to find out his motivation. It should be easy for him to answer. Like, your a strong town read and I'd like your opinion. Or I want to know without you looking back because I know you tend to talk yourself out of things but are sometimes accurate when you just answer off the top of your head. Or any number of things, but it's coming off weird.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:48 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Answer him then, see what he does with it,and force an answer from him at that point.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:48 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 724, Deadpool wrote:Unless you think a boogie man will materialize from the underworld or something to kill you for pronouncing someone's name then I don't see why you're still refusing to answer.

Pedit: To Tammy obv.

Yes, this is obviously what I'm worried about, especially considering I was so quiet about who I've thought was scum this whole time and definitely wasn't the driving force behind the scum flip.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:52 pm

Post by Cerulean »

I suspect dead pool actually. Still suspect soul somewhat but his wall post read fairly genuine at times, so he's not as VIG a suspect as I had him yesterday. Still think the reaction to the hammer read really fake as does some of his aggression. Jesse is a blond spot for me, I suspect him somewhat but empire thinks he's town. Want to look at piggy more closely as I remember her saying that she tends to wall as scum, and it's entirely possible the bad case was being made as an early bus for town cred. N is in my blind spot.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:52 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 725, Cerulean wrote:I wanted to find out his motivation. It should be easy for him to answer. Like, your a strong town read and I'd like your opinion. Or I want to know without you looking back because I know you tend to talk yourself out of things but are sometimes accurate when you just answer off the top of your head. Or any number of things, but it's coming off weird.

I think you and Empire are planning reads.

Pedit: Okay.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:53 pm

Post by Cerulean »

You think empire and I are planning reads? What does that even mean?
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Duplicate of #732 ­– callforjudgement
Last edited by callforjudgement on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:57 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

A/D. So you're read changes were N (reaction reasons), piggy (rvs reasons), and voided (lack of real explanation of him being scum besides one mention of I understand the voided lean). I think the 3rd one is scummy (first 1 is null, second one I honestly didn't consider piggy to be a pure rvs vote from how you sounded when pushing her, but it's more null). Any clearer I can be? If you need more on how is it scummy to not explain why someone is scum when voting them well that's kind of the best I can clarify.

As for not mentioning the piggy thing there I don't notice everything immediately. Reading through the game again and noticing something then bringing it up works.

C/E. 524 is where I was referring to tammy making fun of the beard. Essentially it really does boil down I just don't think you've been loud enough before when pushing reads.

Ceru suspect dead for what? Is the forced questioning the only reasoning (and does it out weigh absta's strange play that fits his town meta?)?

~Mehdi
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:57 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

And Mod: Can you delete 731?

I don't like to delete a post when there have been this many posts after it because it throws off all the post numbers, so I blanked it instead – callforjudgement
Last edited by callforjudgement on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Arthur - why is it dumb to think Thor is scum? Explain why you have such a strong town read on him.

What would it matter if empire and I were planning reads? If by planning you mean discussing, yes we are. What are you trying to suggest with that?

Have you finished reading the game yet?

Why hasn't f-16 been posting?
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 730, Cerulean wrote:You think empire and I are planning reads? What does that even mean?

I think you and Empire are planning reads.

I think you deliberately agreed on the Tierce thing, and your others reads are scattered and shallow, and they look fake. Your reads just now are very shallow also.

As you said it yourself, you usually have strong gut reads, and then you always go talk yourself out of them, etc. Yet
you
(Tammy you, not hydra you) barely has strong opinions on other players.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Soul - arhturs demenor is off. I'm not too concerned with absta's meta, I'm concerned with Arthur's. I'm familiar with Arthur's meta. Of course I'll need more interaction with Arthur to feel comfortable with my read on him, but he doesn't read town at all really.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:07 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Oh yeah,

VOTE: deadpool

This is happening.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:09 pm

Post by Cerulean »

HEY ARTHUR YOU WANNA DANCE WITH ME?
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:12 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 732, Soul2277 wrote:A/D. So you're read changes were N (reaction reasons), piggy (rvs reasons), and voided (lack of real explanation of him being scum besides one mention of I understand the voided lean). I think the 3rd one is scummy (first 1 is null, second one I honestly didn't consider piggy to be a pure rvs vote from how you sounded when pushing her, but it's more null). Any clearer I can be? If you need more on how is it scummy to not explain why someone is scum when voting them well that's kind of the best I can clarify.

Yeah....about that.
Voided asked me - and I did explain the read.
So...?

In post 732, Soul2277 wrote:C/E. 524 is where I was referring to tammy making fun of the beard.

524 is very much not describing beard in anything resembling a negative light.
I would be willing to wager money on this.

In post 732, Soul2277 wrote:Essentially it really does boil down I just don't think you've been loud enough before when pushing reads.

Ah, and there we get to it. I am being loud, but not loud "enough"
Also known as a gut read an dbeard, which is fine and all - but I'm hardly intimidated by the read.
That case was about as easy to eat as I suspected.
It will *totally* blow Jesse's mind though. He was so sold too. Poor guy.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 735, Deadpool wrote:I think you and Empire are planning reads.

Aren't they kinda supposed to? Being a hydra and all that.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Post by Thor665 »

And Tammy's vote is rather derptastic.
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:16 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 734, Cerulean wrote:Arthur - why is it dumb to think Thor is scum? Explain why you have such a strong town read on him.

He read as genuine, and something prob caught my eye on my reading that made him town.

In post 734, Cerulean wrote:Have you finished reading the game yet?
More or less. I've been ISOing players more tbh.

In post 734, Cerulean wrote:Why hasn't f-16 been posting?
It has been like 6hrs since we replaced :? A little bit ago he said he was procrastinating on his re-read and that he'll have a catchup post tomorrow *shrug*
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:16 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Hey Arthur - riddle me this. Why do you have me listed as a strong town read? Why were you talking about me town telling?

Town don't need a reason to plan reads and deliberately set things up.

So, you're telling me in your wtf world, I bussed tierce/vi? I, who hates being scum, bussed people who are far more competent at scum.

Seriously, ask yourself that.

You know my meta. You know for an absolute fact I'm town here, so this bs your spilling is crap. I have strong reads...do I need to go back and read and evaluate? Hell yes. I spent the past week pushing the hell out of scum. And am largely responsible for getting them lynched. You think without me and empire, that would have happened? Hell no. We have three lynches left; I pushed the one I was confident in and now is the time to go back and reassess to make sure our reads are accurate and we get this done on day 3. For you to suggest that's not pragmatic is ridiculous.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:18 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 740, Thor665 wrote:

That thought came out stupid but I meant they were deliberately contriving reads.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:18 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 742, Deadpool wrote:
In post 734, Cerulean wrote:Arthur - why is it dumb to think Thor is scum? Explain why you have such a strong town read on him.

He read as genuine, and something prob caught my eye on my reading that made him town.

This is bs. To back and find it and tell me why it's so dumb for someone to have a scum read on Thor.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 741, Thor665 wrote:And Tammy's vote is rather derptastic.

No, he's a really good contender for scum. This is not his town game.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:20 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 744, Deadpool wrote:
In post 740, Thor665 wrote:

That thought came out stupid but I meant they were deliberately contriving reads.

Read the game. Then you come back and try to say that with a straight face. I dare you.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:21 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 743, Cerulean wrote:Hey Arthur - riddle me this. Why do you have me listed as a strong town read? Why were you talking about me town telling?
I was still reading the game then? (and I still loosely am).

In post 743, Cerulean wrote:You know my meta. You know for an absolute fact I'm town here, so this bs your spilling is crap. I have strong reads...do I need to go back and read and evaluate? Hell yes. I spent the past week pushing the hell out of scum. And am largely responsible for getting them lynched. You think without me and empire, that would have happened? Hell no. We have three lynches left; I pushed the one I was confident in and now is the time to go back and reassess to make sure our reads are accurate and we get this done on day 3. For you to suggest that's not pragmatic is ridiculous.

Why did this turn into preaching about how you pushed Tierce/Vi :?
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:25 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 748, Deadpool wrote:
In post 743, Cerulean wrote:Hey Arthur - riddle me this. Why do you have me listed as a strong town read? Why were you talking about me town telling?
I was still reading the game then? (and I still loosely am).

Finish it and continue with this crap. Make me think you even believe it.

In post 743, Cerulean wrote:You know my meta. You know for an absolute fact I'm town here, so this bs your spilling is crap. I have strong reads...do I need to go back and read and evaluate? Hell yes. I spent the past week pushing the hell out of scum. And am largely responsible for getting them lynched. You think without me and empire, that would have happened? Hell no. We have three lynches left; I pushed the one I was confident in and now is the time to go back and reassess to make sure our reads are accurate and we get this done on day 3. For you to suggest that's not pragmatic is ridiculous.

Why did this turn into preaching about how you pushed Tierce/Vi :?[/quote]

:neutral: you said that we deliberately decided to do that. And that we had shallow reads, which is bs. We're so town here that it's not even funny, you know that, and you're trying to suggest otherwise.

Oh Arthur it would have been better if you acted like town.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~

Return to “Completed Open Games”