Open 507: The Case of the Hard Boiled Egg (Game Over, 6/13)

ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:36 am

Post by ac1983fan »

In post 724, Amrun wrote:
In post 723, Kerberos wrote:I'm not opposed to an AC lynch. He's been pretty much AWOL, but now that it's clear it's LyLo he's started to post a lot more than usual. It pinged my radar.

uh... why would that be more likely scum behavior?
This, especially given that the reasons for my lack of activity have all been out of game reasons.
Not a dayvig.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

In post 720, Bertkerberos wrote:Too open with our reads as in too flip-floppy? I also don't know what post you're referring to of ours in this post.
Not flip-floppy, rather undetermined. I'll take for example, I feel like besides a mentioned townread on Bert you nulled Laz, AC, and Rural Juror, and the feel I got from reading through your ISO was similar in that you seemed to maintain nullreads on most of the cast.
In post 720, Bertkerberos wrote:Nacho - Laz townread
Bert - null-leaning scum read.
Another issue with hydras...you shouldn't be able to write off a switch just like that. I'll have to leave it at that though.

I feel like an ac wagon would be a junk wagon, especially with Rural Juror trying to lead it with no standing whatsoever. I personally like Amrun's line of questioning towards Laz, awaiting a response on that one.
In post 713, Bertkerberos wrote:If you're not going to get onto me for "WHY ARE YA VOTING IN LYLO," then I am ready to vote the heck out of someone and bring this game to another level, my man.
I personally have no issue with someone bringing a vote now that there's been discussion, better be damn sure in your read though. Actually, I'd almost like to see it come from you...well the whole no quickhammer deal that would probably follow wouldn't be as telling as I would like. There was 6 hours-ish of a vote on ac, but no other activity, so I don't think that can be chalked up to anything either considering the state of the game.
Welcome to the Network.
Lazurial
Lazurial
Goon
Lazurial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:04 pm

Post by Lazurial »

I explain that post with bad math after my first day back of classes. No idea what I was thinking there.

My argument stands that we lynch from juror/ac/myself then.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:16 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 727, Lazurial wrote:I explain that post with bad math after my first day back of classes. No idea what I was thinking there.

My argument stands that we lynch from juror/ac/myself then.
You put yourself in the lynchpool in LyLo? o.O
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Lazurial
Lazurial
Goon
Lazurial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:01 pm

Post by Lazurial »

I didn't, a number of you have though. I'm awful at picking up on scum tells I admit. The reason it looks like I follow crowd consensus is because I agree with it and can't draw much up myself.

Because this is LyLo, I'm better off facilitating and working with the town than I am fighting or struggling with my own opinions. AC is suspicious, and the lack of quick hammer doesn't help, but the flow of the game makes it easy to assume not enough scum were present to hammer.

I'm still here to answer questions and try to explain as we go, so fire away and hopefully I'll eventually clear more confusion than I've caused.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:28 pm

Post by Amrun »

Fuck, guys, I'm pretty ready to vote Lazurial.

I think he miscounted 2 scum because he forgot to take out himself. lol
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Bertkerberos
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:25 am

Post by Bertkerberos »

In post 726, kunkstar7 wrote:Not flip-floppy, rather undetermined. I'll take Post #682 for example, I feel like besides a mentioned townread on Bert you nulled Laz, AC, and Rural Juror, and the feel I got from reading through your ISO was similar in that you seemed to maintain nullreads on most of the cast.
That's not a post from me, that's a post from the other three-headed hydra...
In post 726, kunkstar7 wrote:Another issue with hydras...you shouldn't be able to write off a switch just like that. I'll have to leave it at that though.
I've been the dominant head of the hydra and we haven't actually switched on anything. Bert isn't comfortable with Lazurial, but I'm the steering head of the hydra and the actions of said hydra have reflected that. What's your problem with our differing views?
In post 727, Lazurial wrote:My argument stands that we lynch from juror/ac/myself then.
Your argument was that we should lynch one of the hydras. What happened to that?
Meet the heads: Dr. Dre is Nachomamma8, the mentor; 50 Cent is Bert, the troll who never dies.
Bertkerberos
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:21 am

Post by Bertkerberos »

In post 729, Lazurial wrote:I didn't, a number of you have though. I'm awful at picking up on scum tells I admit. The reason it looks like I follow crowd consensus is because I agree with it and can't draw much up myself.

Because this is LyLo, I'm better off facilitating and working with the town than I am fighting or struggling with my own opinions. AC is suspicious, and the lack of quick hammer doesn't help, but the flow of the game makes it easy to assume not enough scum were present to hammer.

I'm still here to answer questions and try to explain as we go, so fire away and hopefully I'll eventually clear more confusion than I've caused.
This sounds like a statement tailor-made towards issuing a court statement that you're "innocent until proven guilty."

"Yes, the evidence is against me. Yes, I have sheeped throughout the endgame, and my defense is that is how I play when scum makes up 3 out of 7 people left in the game. I work with the town, who I don't even know is. I am innocent."

NO. That's the worst thing said today.

Vote: Lazurial

Nacho's going to take my vote off when he sees this, but consider my vote on Laz.
Meet the heads: Dr. Dre is Nachomamma8, the mentor; 50 Cent is Bert, the troll who never dies.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:54 am

Post by ac1983fan »

In post 730, Amrun wrote:Fuck, guys, I'm pretty ready to vote Lazurial.

I think he miscounted 2 scum because he forgot to take out himself. lol
Actually, looking again at my reads and playerlist, if all my town reads are correct then he would have to be the third scum so yeah this doesn't sound like too bad an option, really.
But I'd still prefer BertKerb or Rural Juror.
Not a dayvig.
Bertkerberos
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:43 am

Post by Bertkerberos »

Unvote: Lazurial
Bertkerberos
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:46 am

Post by Bertkerberos »

In post 734, ac1983fan wrote:Actually, looking again at my reads and playerlist, if all my town reads are correct then he would have to be the third scum so yeah this doesn't sound like too bad an option, really.
if your two townreads are correct you have a third scum
that is a giant load of bullshit
Bertkerberos
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:49 am

Post by Bertkerberos »

it's horrifying that activity is this bad in lylo, though.
amrun, what do you think of ac again? because i would much rather lynch him.
Lazurial
Lazurial
Goon
Lazurial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:32 am

Post by Lazurial »

Amrun, if you're ready to vote me, why don't you? Does it have to do with the fact you haven't gotten the go-ahead from your scum buddies yet?
Bertkerberos
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:40 am

Post by Bertkerberos »

Nacho says scum are waiting for people like me to vote first and make a game-ending mistake, and he also just told me that scum are being patient and waiting for town to make a mistake before they vote.

So that's why he keeps taking my votes off.

I disagree with him in that I think we all are being wayyyyy to extra-cautious right now. We have been dragging out this day long enough. What more can we expect with 3 days left and most people being limp lurksacks?
Bertkerberos
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:41 am

Post by Bertkerberos »

But yes, Laz, I have to admit Amrun does look bad for stating he's ready to vote but not pouncing.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:42 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 738, Lazurial wrote:Amrun, if you're ready to vote me, why don't you? Does it have to do with the fact you haven't gotten the go-ahead from your scum buddies yet?
This is a bad post, and you should feel bad.

I am not particularly inclined to vote acfan today.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Bertkerberos
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:42 am

Post by Bertkerberos »

Can we have read lists please?

Town
Amrun
Kunk
Rural Juror
Kerb
AC
Laz
Scum
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:43 am

Post by Amrun »

I'd rather not. I want scum wondering if I'm the kill tonight if we do end up lynching scum.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Bertkerberos
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:48 am

Post by Bertkerberos »

In post 726, kunkstar7 wrote: Another issue with hydras...you shouldn't be able to write off a switch just like that. I'll have to leave it at that though.
Yes, we can. I don't see a problem with two separate players in a hydra having two different views. It is up to you to make something of it. We have our disagreements too - consider us two players merged in one, but with two different viewpoints. I feel like you are trying to hold both of us accountable for each other's actions, and that is not fair.
In post 726, kunkstar7 wrote: I feel like an ac wagon would be a junk wagon, especially with Rural Juror trying to lead it with no standing whatsoever. I personally like Amrun's line of questioning towards Laz, awaiting a response on that one.
How is RJ leading it with no standing whatsoever? I feel like you are covering for AC and I'm trying to figure out why

In post 734, ac1983fan wrote: Actually, looking again at my reads and playerlist, if all my town reads are correct then he would have to be the third scum so yeah this doesn't sound like too bad an option, really.
But I'd still prefer BertKerb or Rural Juror.
Who is your FIRST priority? I sense some uncertainty in that post.

"too bad an option"

"I'll go with other people, but I still prefer X or Y"
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:49 am

Post by Amrun »

If you didn't want to be held accountable for each other's actions, you shouldn't hydra.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Bertkerberos
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:51 am

Post by Bertkerberos »

In post 745, Amrun wrote:If you didn't want to be held accountable for each other's actions, you shouldn't hydra.
Really?

We are accountable for our reads, but I do not think it's fair to call us out for each other having two different reads (See: Nacho and I's differing Laz reads, the voting discrepancies with him taking my votes off).

That is part of a lover's spat, and nothing more.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:53 am

Post by Amrun »

Disagree.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Bertkerberos
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:54 am

Post by Bertkerberos »

What do you disagree about?

I've had to restrain myself from voting and being a silly goose for most of this game, and I've been pulled in by a chain.

Being lynched because our playstyles and views aren't the same is what will leave me feeling regretful. These attacks by Kunk are about us not having conviction in our reads. It's more of us not being able to go full-throttle only to be tamed. He does not see what goes on behind the scenes.

Fine. We can agree to disagree.
Bertkerberos
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:56 am

Post by Bertkerberos »

say that there's one day left now...what are you gonna do then.... Sit here and be all nonchalant?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:57 am

Post by Amrun »

I'm not saying you can't disagree about reads. I'm saying that you are still accountable for those disgreements and we must still assess them for their likelihood of coming from town/scum. You don't get a free pass about hydra dissonance.

P-edit:

No, I'd like to see what everyone thinks about my assertions on Lazurial.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Return to “Completed Open Games”