he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Vote Count 1-3
:

kyle99 ~ L-4 (xRECKONERx, Looker, XScorpion)

Kise ~ L-6 (Cat)
Cat ~ L-6 (Rhinox)
Gerty ~ L-6 (Dry-fit)
XScorpion ~ L-6 (flinter)

Not Voting: Kise, Gerty, xofelf, Mylynes, kyle99

With
alive, it takes
to lynch. Deadline is January 18 at roughly 8 a.m. (GMT-5).

YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:43 am

Post by Looker »

Kise's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2049980#2049980]Post 71[/url] wrote:I'm considering him a quasi-newcomer. As such, I could see a newcomer . His play in other games tips me off to how he'd play

Let me ask this though: If he's a goon (since the general intention is not to lynch mimes) how did the deduction come that he's scummy for thinking mimes are with the goons? If he's feigning ignorance and knew I was a mime & he's a goon, why would he want to help me reach my win condition before his?
While I strongly disagree with your confirming both Kyle99 and Mae Ling as town based off "their reactions", we
are
going to need a competing bandwagon (or several), so feel free to pick someone.

And as far as the second paragraph, I can't make cases based on someone's competence or the lack thereof. There's no way to prove it.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:45 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Here are his posts so far:

Joke vote on Rhinox.

A vote on you (Kise) for "making a claim for a role that doesn't exist". Seems like a goon hopping on an easy target, especially given the fact that he specifically points out the role doesn't exist... trying to seem like he's providing content, when in fact, he's hopping on an easy bandwagon.

Then he says some bullshit about not knowing mimes were jesters. Wut? What a convenient time to have that startling revelation.
green shirt thursdays
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:47 am

Post by Looker »

Reck's right.

@Kyle: Who do you think is scum?
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Kise »

Mae Ling? So that's an alt? I don't see a Mae Ling in the memberlist though.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:09 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Kise. What do you think of my "case" on kyle?
green shirt thursdays
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:10 am

Post by Looker »

Kise's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2050031#2050031]Post 79[/url] wrote:Mae Ling? So that's an alt? I don't see a Mae Ling in the memberlist though.
Turns out the dude's name is Mylynes....my bad.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:37 am

Post by Kise »

Well for one thing, he was still voting Rhinox when he intended to vote for me so I still get 'newcomer' vibes from him. After reading the events, it appears as though he's catching on to the assumption I'm a mime and then he realized if I'm mime then I win when lynched -- That's how I view his startling revelation. He also hasn't posted enough for me to settle in my opinion of him, but I'm seriously not thinking non-town at this point.

Yet…
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Rhinox »

Kise wrote:Weren't you just trying to vig me because I'm mime? So, subconsciously, if you think I'm mime and you also don't mind sharing a win, then why not think the mime's will lose after I'm vigged?

Me thinks Rhinox is throwing in the towel too early if town, or subconsciously making a mime-slip. Directing the vig away from you isn't cute neither, kupo.
Don't misrepresent me. when I first suggested vigging you because I thought there was a possibility you could be a mime, I was under the impression that if the mimes won, everyone else lost. After I reread all the role PM's and realized that multiple wincons could be met, I would have reversed views and called for your lynch instead (I thought you were more likely goon than mime anyways, but vigging was safer given what I thought would happen if the mimes won), except that reck pointed out you were possibly town and I realized that made more sense than you being goon or mime.

I don't see how considering an optimal strategy for the town to get into a position where we can not be prevented from acheiving our win condition i.e. focusing on eliminating the goons day and night is "throwing in the towel". It matters little to me whether the mimes too acheive their win condition. It might be more fun to win AND prevent the mimes from winning, but it is not optimal play imo. Also, I don't see how I was directing the vig away from me. I was directing it towards scum, or so I thought. Also, interesting how you never considered the possibility that I am the vig :P
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:07 am

Post by Looker »

Because you're not
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Looker »

...he is
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Kise »

Lol I didn't know you were in Jebus' game. (@Looker)
Rhinox wrote:Went back and read the role PM's.... Taken at face value, mimes can't win exclusively. If they both get lynched, they are removed as threats to the town. So, even if the mimes get lynched and fulfil their win condition, we can still fulfil the town win condition by lynching or vigging the goons. At least, if I'm understanding the win conditions correctly.

Mimes have every incentive to lynch goons. By removing goons, they eliminate 1 threat of being nked and losing. If they manage to kill/block both goons and the vig, nothing can stop them from achieving their win condition. So theres more to it than just playing like jesters and trying to get lynched.
I guess it comes down to whether we want to win as town exclusively or if we don't mind sharing the win with the mimes as to whether or not we lynch them. It seems best to just ignore the mimes and try to lynch and vig the goons because if both goons are gone we win it seems, we just have to share the win with the mimes. A win is a win as far as I'm concerned.
If town, this is you throwing in the towel. If mime, this is you trying to butter everybody up to feel sympathetic for your faction. I'm not getting a goonie reading from you so there is no
If Mafia
scenario I can come up with.

But on second thought, I think directing the vig has an advantage. The watcher can see him do his work and in turn can confirm who the vig is. If mafia is ballsy enough to target the same player at night, then that creates a stand-off for down the road. But having a public stand-off with the mime faction alive only lets them know who they should roleblock. Still, vig-directing is a good way for the watcher to confirm him.

Right now, Gert is chilling in the cut too much with questions & info. Scorp still rubs me the wrong way since he knows more about these roles due to being in the previous attempt of 191. Reck knows me well, but it's our companionship that cost him day-night mafia when I was scum so he shouldn't always trust me. You guys already know my stance on kyle, mylyn, and Mimox. Cat needs to get busy. xofelf says "um" a lot. Flinter is too nice and I almost want to bring her a basket of chocolate chip cookies. Looker is coming up with logical ideas, but I got a weird hunch about him -- wish I had meta on you.

Did I get everybody?

Yet…
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:14 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Actually, no, we weren't really "friends" during Day-Night Mafia. It was the fact that your predecessor had lurked the whole game that cost me the win.
green shirt thursdays
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Kise »

Nupe. It was the fact you thought I was Asian and you got an incurable case of the yellow fever so you tried to lay in bed with me.

^_^

Yet…
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:51 am

Post by flinter »

what is wrong with being nice, Kise? I don't think one has to be hostile to find scum, nor to argue. Arguments, esspecially in a game, should be held politely, as to avoid people having no fun.

Further, I am not so sure about Kise anymore, and Xscorpion, who has shown almost no town behaviour (he did in the other game), just hopped for the next wagon.

The problem is, I held him to be a smart guy, and I have no idea if he is scum or a mime, because it is good jester behaviour not to pull attention to yourself, but be scummy. That way, you won't ring any bells, and people think they found you. However, on this moment, I think it is more likely he is scum.

and looker, off topic, who is that in your avatar?
please, don't kill me.
Mylynes
Mylynes
Goon
Mylynes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Mylynes »

Looker wrote:
Kise's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2050031#2050031]Post 79[/url] wrote:Mae Ling? So that's an alt? I don't see a Mae Ling in the memberlist though.
Lol sorry for having a confusing name. Never had anyone call me Mae Ling before though.

@Kise - So are you going to be voteless this game or not?
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Kise »

Yet…
Mylynes
Mylynes
Goon
Mylynes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:08 am

Post by Mylynes »

So you are saying you do not have the ability to vote?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:22 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Kise, stop fucking around.

Vig, please kill him.

Mylynes, don't feed the fire.

Rhinox is likely scum.
green shirt thursdays
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:29 am

Post by Kise »

Ehh? I'm trying to help newcomer-town Mynlyn understand what I meant earlier. That's not fuggin' around.

Yet…
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Looker wrote:Reck's right.

Depends on what you think is scum, do you mean scum-mime or scum-mafia?

I think kise is Mime, and I don't think anyone is mafia yet, because the game is just starting. What I don't understand is the bandwagon being built on me just because I voted Kise and didn't know what a mime was, especailly since someone else did the exact same thing and got no suspicion.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by Rhinox »

xRECKONERx wrote:Rhinox is likely scum.
ummm... why?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Looker »

Kise's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2050165#2050165]Post 86[/url] wrote:Lol I didn't know you were in Jebus' game. (@Looker)
Rhinox wrote:Went back and read the role PM's.... Taken at face value, mimes can't win exclusively. If they both get lynched, they are removed as threats to the town. So, even if the mimes get lynched and fulfil their win condition, we can still fulfil the town win condition by lynching or vigging the goons. At least, if I'm understanding the win conditions correctly.

Mimes have every incentive to lynch goons. By removing goons, they eliminate 1 threat of being nked and losing. If they manage to kill/block both goons and the vig, nothing can stop them from achieving their win condition. So theres more to it than just playing like jesters and trying to get lynched.
I guess it comes down to whether we want to win as town exclusively or if we don't mind sharing the win with the mimes as to whether or not we lynch them. It seems best to just ignore the mimes and try to lynch and vig the goons because if both goons are gone we win it seems, we just have to share the win with the mimes. A win is a win as far as I'm concerned.
If town, this is you throwing in the towel. If mime, this is you trying to butter everybody up to feel sympathetic for your faction. I'm not getting a goonie reading from you so there is no
If Mafia
scenario I can come up with.

But on second thought, I think directing the vig has an advantage. The watcher can see him do his work and in turn can confirm who the vig is. If mafia is ballsy enough to target the same player at night, then that creates a stand-off for down the road. But having a public stand-off with the mime faction alive only lets them know who they should roleblock. Still, vig-directing is a good way for the watcher to confirm him

Right now, Gert is chilling in the cut too much with questions & info. Scorp still rubs me the wrong way since he knows more about these roles due to being in the previous attempt of 191. Reck knows me well, but it's our companionship that cost him day-night mafia when I was scum so he shouldn't always trust me. You guys already know my stance on kyle, mylyn, and Mimox. Cat needs to get busy. xofelf says "um" a lot. Flinter is too nice and I almost want to bring her a basket of chocolate chip cookies.
Looker is coming up with logical ideas, but I got a weird hunch about him -- wish I had meta on you.

Did I get everybody?
Æ
I'm sorry, Kise, but we're actually doing that to you tonight.
Æ
You shouldn't need meta, Kise.
Kise's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2050239#2050239]Post 88[/url] wrote:Nupe. It was the fact you thought I was Asian and you got an incurable case of the yellow fever so you tried to lay in bed with me.

^_^
O goodness! 0.o
flinter's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2050254#2050254]Post 89[/url] wrote:what is wrong with being nice, Kise? I don't think one has to be hostile to find scum, nor to argue. Arguments, esspecially in a game, should be held politely, as to avoid people having no fun.

Further, I am not so sure about Kise anymore, and Xscorpion, who has shown almost no town behaviour (he did in the other game), just hopped for the next wagon.

The problem is, I held him to be a smart guy, and I have no idea if he is scum or a mime, because it is good jester behaviour not to pull attention to yourself, but be scummy. That way, you won't ring any bells, and people think they found you. However, on this moment, I think it is more likely he is scum.

and looker, off topic, who is that in your avatar?
Don't give into the psychological assault of WIFOM; lynch someone and go from there - we'll be here all day trying to psychoanalyze every player.

And, regarding the avatar, I don't even remember the Google keywords, but I know it's this guy's avatar on Gamespot.
Mylynes's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2050339#2050339]Post 90[/url] wrote:
Looker wrote:
Lol sorry for having a confusing name. Never had anyone call me Mae Ling before though.

@Kise - So are you going to be voteless this game or not?
@Kise - Vote and we'll see if the Mod counts it.
xRECKONERx's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2050449#2050449]Post 93[/url] wrote:Kise, stop fucking around.

Vig, please kill him.

Mylynes, don't feed the fire.

Rhinox is likely scum.
What are you doing, Reck? Now it looks appealing to lynch you and then Vig Kise regardless of your alignment.
kyle99's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2050570#2050570]Post 95[/url] wrote:
Looker wrote:Reck's right.

Depends on what you think is scum, do you mean scum-mime or scum-mafia?

I think kise is Mime, and I don't think anyone is mafia yet, because the game is just starting. What I don't understand is the bandwagon being built on me just because I voted Kise and didn't know what a mime was, especailly
since someone else did the exact same thing and got no suspicion.
I mean scum-scum. Mimes aren't scum and we're not dealing with them right now; everybody's too confused. And, regarding the bolded, are you referring to Mae Ling?
Rhinox's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2050594#2050594]Post 96[/url] wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:Rhinox is likely scum.
ummm... why?
Doesn't matter why - refute it.

We need some votes from Mae Ling and Xoxelf, as well as some suspicions from Kyle, Kise, and Gerty.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Looker wrote:I mean scum-scum. Mimes aren't scum and we're not dealing with them right now; everybody's too confused. And, regarding the bolded, are you referring to Mae Ling?
I was referring to Mylynes, who voted for Kise, said he didn't know what Mimes were, and everyone was fine with it, and then all jumped on me for the same thing.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by Looker »

@Kyle
I wouldn't stress it if I were you, it's just that you came after him and reiterated what he said. Naturally, this makes you look scummier because he performed the act (unvote) first, but it's nothing to get upset about. If anything, I'd say you push a case on Melinda and see where it gets you.

Return to “Completed Open Games”